Vermont Sweet Tooth Reviews

90 | Stowe, VT

90 Reviews for Vermont Sweet Tooth

Brendon & · Married on 04/08/2012

The cupcakes from Vermont Sweet Tooth at our wedding were out of this world. Our guests could not stop raving about them, and many went back for more so they could try another flavor. The cupcakes and our monogram cake topper looked incredible and tasted even better. Each flavor was incredibly moist and decadent. During the entire planning process, Marion was always great to work with. She was happy to share her experience and expertise and was always willing to listen to our ideas and see how they could be incorporated. We are already thinking about what event we can use to place our next order!

Sent on 05/04/2012

Sumi · Married on 09/25/2011

I would HIGHLY recommend Marion Peer. She is an amazing baker and artist. The cake was absolutely delicious. We had two flavored cakes with a butter cream frosting and it came out beautiful.

Sent on 01/18/2012

Samantha · Married on 08/28/2011

My highest compliments to Vermont Sweet Tooth! First of all, 4 months after my wedding, I just emailed to see if I could get a small version of my wedding cake to surprise my mom for her birthday... which in itself is a testament to how insanely delicious the cake was... My mom and my guests have not stopped talking about it!!! Not only was it the best "wedding cake" I have ever had, it is actually my favorite cake ever - we did a combo of lemony Snicket and Chocolate Fudge... Both are awesome!!! The entire experience of choosing our wedding cake and having it delivered to the venue on the day of were literally the most pleasant of all the dealings I had throughout the planning. Our initial meeting took place at the end of a very long day of meeting with vendors... we got to the studio and were seated at a lovely table over looking the garden while Marion opened a bottle of champagne and placed slices of cake in front of us! We were happy! Every interaction after that was pleasant and easy! For decoration on the cake, we wanted simple flowers, Marion suggested that in addition to the beautiful sugar flowers that she could do, she could also make little sugar flower versions of our dogs (who we love and walked down the aisle)! Marion clearly took great care to make the sugar flower versions most closely reflect our dogs true character and expression and even requested many photos of them to ensure that she really captured their personalities! All in all, it was an absolutely delightful experience, I could not recommend her more effusively! I also cannot wait for my moms birthday next week so that we can surprise her with her favorite cake!!!
    p.s. the flowers and sugar-dogs that were on our cake were carefully packaged so that we could bring them home... they now sit on a shelf in our home :) we also have the top layer of our cake in our freezer for our 1 yr anniversary!

laurie · Married on 06/11/2011

What a beautiful cake Marion did for my daughter’s wedding! Lovely and delicious. The best of both worlds. It was a pleasure to work with Vermont Sweet tooth, Marion put up with our crazy last minute request and the caterer forgetting that they wanted the cake late, etc. Everything arrived on time, decorated as promised, more beautiful and delicious than expected, and a vendor that is one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Thank you again Vermont Sweet tooth.

Sent on 06/15/2011

Krystal · Married on 06/03/2011

As beautiful as our dessert table was, it was even better to eat! Our first bite of Marion's strawberry cup cakes vanilla frosting was a WOW moment. Several of our friends at the wedding asked where our desserts came from and told us that it was the most delicious ( visually & physically)they had ever experienced - my husband and I could not agree more! We found ourselves craving more of the desserts after the wedding.

Marion is exceptionally kind and thoughtful, as well as professional and extremely easy to work with. She helped us design a one-of-a-kind dessert table based on some photos we showed her, and was able to understand what we wanted before we were even able to articulate it ourselves. We could not recommend her and Vermont Sweet Tooth more highly!

• I

Katie · Married on 12/10/2010

WOW. Marion has such a talent!! I asked her to surprise my groom with a groom's cake in the shape of the University of Michigan's "M" and the football team's unique helmet since my now husband is such a HUGE Michigan fan!! We met with Marion before for a cake tasting so I knew her product was divine. Through email, I described what I was looking for her to do and sent her 2 pictures and she took those pictures and ran with it. The cake was truly impressive and meticulously prepared. The color of the fondant was EXACTLY the Michigan colors "maize and blue". When Tim and I toured the ballroom together before the reception started, I brought him over to the cake table and he was beyond shocked....and I was too. It looked so amazing. Not only did it look amazing, but it tasted AMAZING. I chose the lemony snicket and chocolate flavors. The cake was so moist, and it felt like it was baked with love right out of her Vermont kitchen. This was some serious home-made cake!! (I know it was truly homemade because we did the cake tasting right in her beautiful kitchen where all the cakes are made!) Every time I go to Stowe, I will be emailing Marion to buy the lemony snicket/chocolate cake from her. Plus...her prices are SO reasonable for the amount of time and work she put into it. She truly did a fantastic job, and so many people are continuing to rave about our groom's cake. Thanks again Marion--you are awesome. =)

Sent on 01/12/2011

Jen · Married on 09/05/2010

I was just married in Stowe, and I highly recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth 802.253.3903. Marion is located right in Stowe and her cakes are beautiful, absolutely delicious, and they are affordably priced! She didn't nickel and dime us for cake tastings or deliveries. She made sure she was in touch with my florist to ensure that the sugar flowers she made for my cake matched my bouquet. She is a lovely woman with a big heart and was absolutely wonderful to work with!

Sent on 09/27/2010

chrysanna · Married on 07/25/2009

I wish I could post a pic of my cake. It was amazing. Everyone is still raving on how beautiful it was. Every flower handmade out of SUGAR it was just like out of a magazine. Best yet it tasted soooo good. Not a piece left. She dose not have a web site or a shop. But she sells bake goods through out Stowe. Give her a call she is so good at what she does and at a fraction of what others are charging.

Sent on 08/19/2009

Nathan · Married on 09/19/2008

We searched a fair amount throughout Vermont before finding Vermont Sweet Tooth and the effort was worth the wait. Our goals for a wedding cake were the following:

1. Delicious - All cake tastes good, Marion's cake is amazing. I'm sure you've all been to weddings where you ate the cake because somebody put it in front of you. This will be a cake where your guests will ask for seconds and then ask for the name of the person who made your cake. Marion's chocolate - chocolate chunk cake with buttercream frosting is the pinnacle of flavor. We also tried a number of other flavors and struggled with our final choice due to the quality of all of them. It was clear that quality ingredients were also used.

2. Representative of our artistic taste - Marion is an artist and she takes direction exceptionally well. If you have something in mind, she'll do it and she'll do it well. We personally wanted a cake inspired by nature, fairly symmetric with fall colors. That is exactly what we got.

3. Personal - It's been 4 1/2 years since our wedding and Marion still remembered us, our dog and subtle other details about us. She cares about the people for whom she makes cakes and there is value in that when you look at your wedding as a whole in retrospect.

4. Easy on the bride/groom - Communication was comfortable, everything was prompt and straightforward and there was never reason for concern at any time in terms of quality, promptness or communication.

Most importantly, it's just amazing cake. We have since ordered two cakes from Marion and are having one shipped to the west coast (where we now live) for my wife's birthday. It is that good.

Sent on 03/18/2013

Marion is simply amazing!!! We first sampled her cupcakes at our wedding venue during our tasting (our venue did not offer cakes/desserts so they had these to try in addition to the tasting) and they were incredible. My husband and I are minor foodies and wanted to make sure our cake/cupcakes were flavorful, not overly sweet, unique, and fitting of us. We knew from the moment we met with Marion that we wanted her to do our cake. She welcomed us into her beautiful Vermont farmhouse and had lovely china set out with a few selections to taste. She also asked us several questions about our wedding, venue, my dress, and tried her best to get to know us in order to make sure our cake was exactly what we had imagined. She showed us photos of cakes she decorated and we learned she used to be in the fashion industry, which is clearly reflected in her insanely gorgeous works of edible art she creates. We decided on a simple two tier white cake with a rustic stucco texture. We initially planned to use leftover flowers from our florist to decorate the cake until Marion showed us the amazing sugar flowers she makes that last forever and look extremely realistic. We were married in the fall with a bit of an apple theme and mentioned we would love to find cake toppers shaped as apples - she suggested she could make them and incorporate them into the design. She sketched an idea immediately of what we could do and then sent us a final sketch prior to moving forward. It was simple, elegant and absolutely delicious! We loved that she played off of local flavors and decided to go with the bourbon vanilla bean with maple frosting, Lemony Snicket with vanilla and chocolate fudge chunk with vanilla and peanut butter frosting. We had a cake and cupcakes and our guests could not stop raving about how delicious they were and how gorgeous our cake was! Marion's creativity, attention to detail, responsiveness, and genuine passion for what she does made our experience with her exquisite.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Vermont Sweet Tooth is simply the best. We are from the Boston area and chose Marion by chance. We set out looking for local, friendly and personal local businesses to help us with our wedding being held at the Stowe Mountain Lodge. Greeted with a warm smile, when we first met Marion, it was like seeing an old friend that wants to make your wedding beautiful and perfect! We feel so lucky for having the opportunity to serve our guests her amazing desserts and to work with her. At our request, she created a dessert buffet that was like a picture in a magazine for a perfect country wedding. We had 3 flavors of her cupcakes, and all were a total hit! An aunt from Boston said the bourbon vanilla bean was the best cupcake she EVER had. We also had chocolate chunk and lemony snicket, all delicious and popular. Our petite wedding cake was not only elegant and beautiful but also simply delicious. Marion created a pure sugar peony to top our cake that looked absolutely real! We chose the lemony snicket for our cake flavor, perfect choice for us. Also on our buffet were her LOVE cookies (buttery and crisp and so pretty) and chocolate chip cookies that were an old standby hit! Our guests loved each and every item! Everyone was a return visitor to the dessert buffet! Marion also made colorful cookie sticks that the kids thought were so fun! I hope that any couple considering a wedding in the Stowe area would choose Vermont Sweet Tooth, you will be very happy with the results. Michelle & Jim

Sent on 08/20/2013

Jaime · Married on 12/10/2011

Marion at Vermont Sweet Tooth was absolutely amazing! She created a small cake plus a full dessert bar for us, including cookies, cupcakes and cake-lets, complete with a dazzling display.

Not only are her dessert beautiful, they taste wonderful. I had friends at the wedding compare the taste of her desserts to the best desserts they had ever had. One friend even insisted on having his picture taken with a piece of cake in the photo booth. If that's not love, I don't know what is!

She was flexible with any idea we had and worked with our budget so we could get the best arrangement based on our needs. She worked with the event coordinator at our wedding location so there were no last minute issues.

Above all that, Marion is just an incredibly caring person who is looking for people to have the best event they possibly can. She has a gift at bringing smiles to people's faces.

Sent on 12/19/2011

Marion made us the most beautiful wedding cake! It was so beautiful that people took more pictures of the cake than they did of us. She was also very flexible about doing business with us remotely (we live out of state), and incorporating our enormous cake topper at the last minute. Plus the cake was delicious, and she didn't charge for extra flavors so we both got our favorite. Yum!

Sent on 12/04/2012

Maureen · Married on 01/29/2011

Marion provided mini-cupcakes for our in-home party in Burlington. They were fantastic! All my guest who sent emails or inquired in person about the party, asked where I got the cupcakes. They were delicious, beautiful, and available in your choice of cake/frosting. We had 4 varieties, all were scrumptious!

Sent on 02/02/2011

Richard · Married on 02/22/2010

I am not one who is particularly interested in pastry. At least I wasn't, until my wedding and found myself staring at what I can only describe at a wedding cake ordered by my bride to be from Marion Peer whom I had known primarily as an accomplished designer of women's clothing. I didn't know a creation of that kind could be created by hand, a show stopper! What was even more more impressive was its consistency and taste. Since that memorable day there has never been an event......some times I make up an event....when I have found any excuse go ask her go do her magic? In a word, she is a magnificent pastry chef of a kind I have never seen since. If there was a Presidential medal for artistry of since a unique beauty and taste, the lady should get one.

Sent on 02/24/2014