Vermont Sweet Tooth Reviews

Vermont Sweet Tooth 5
Vermont Sweet Tooth 6
Vermont Sweet Tooth 7

Bridget · Married on 06/07/2014

I actually hired Vermont Sweet Tooth for a Shower cake for my best friend. By far this was the best experience I could have ever hoped for. I live in Massachusetts and needed to do everything over the phone and Marion was absolutely fabulous, helpful and a blessing! The design that she created, I could not even do it justice describing. You can honestly tell with each cake that she makes she genuinely puts herself in them. On the day of the shower, she herself delivered the cake and made sure everyone knew how the cake would be cut, taken care of and how the flowers should be transported. The cake was out of this world and everyone stated this was the best cake they had tasted! I can not say enough good things about Vermont Sweet Tooth. Do yourself a favor and without a doubt contact them!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Hilary · Married on 05/24/2014

We could not have asked for a better vendor for our cake. Our wedding was somewhat of a destination wedding as we are from Ct and were getting married in VT. From the first time I contacted Marion she was quick to respond back. She knew of the distance issue and responded very quickly to emails back and forth. She took every crazy idea I had and made it into a more traditional cake. Thankfully we were able to make the trip to Vermont to try her amazing cakes and discuss the cake more where she saw my expression of the design and later that day sent me a new sketch after we left. She will not let you be disappointed and every flavor she makes in delicious.
    On my wedding day the delivery service truck was broken so Marion herself delivered both the amazing cakes keep in mind we were about 45 minutes or more from where she is located but she was not going to let us not have our wedding cakes. She was also very good at keeping my grooms cake a surprise and took full rein of it after I told her what I wanted.
    Both cakes were amazing when I saw them on my wedding day they almost brought me to tears. Do not hesitate to contact her if you need a cake baker in Vermont you will not be sorry.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Stephanie · Married on 03/01/2014

The wedding cake that Marion Peer made for our wedding was truly breathtaking! I searched all over to find the perfect 'birch' cake that fit the theme of our winter wedding. Not only did the cake look perfect in every way, the flavors were amazing. Everyone who had the cake raved that it was the best cake they had ever had! What made our experience with Marion memorable was that she took the time to find out all the ins and outs of our wedding, the flowers we were using, the color scheme and over all look and feel and crafted a beautiful work of art.
    We highly recommend VT Sweet Tooth, Marion was amazing!
    Steph and Steve Kohn

Sent on 03/07/2014

Gillian · Married on 03/01/2014

I didn't even know that wedding cakes could be this beautiful! When I saw what Marion had created for us it took my breath away.

Marion met us for a consultation at her beautiful house/bakery. She was so inviting and loaded us up with all kinds of cakes and coffee. It was a magical experience.

We let her create a cake based on our colors and styles. She nailed it! Our cake was one of her birch cakes and the flowers looked so real I still have to touch them. That's the best part, you get to keep the flowers she creates and they are made from sugar! Ours are in our windowsill so we can enjoy them every day.

I had never thought much about my wedding cake up until the wedding and was completely blown away by what Marion creates. Definitely go see her!!!

Sent on 03/21/2014

I don’t even know where to begin when it comes to describing the magnificence of our wedding cake by Marion Peer. Marion created an "autumn wonderland" cake for us that was truly the artistic centerpiece of our reception. It was the most jaw-droppingly beautiful, magical, unforgettable cake I have ever seen. It took my breath away, and THEN, tasted as good as it looked. No easy feat...it was delicious, and made with REAL, fresh pumpkin, something Marion and I agreed was really important. I ate three pieces the night of the wedding and two more the next day and felt zero guilt—it was that good!! Every little pumpkin, leaf, twig, flower….it was all absolutely STUNNING. The level of intricate detail was amazing to behold. Several guests went out of their way to tell me that it was the best wedding cake they had ever seen or eaten. It was everything I had imagined and much, much more.

And, Marion was an utter joy to work with throughout the entire process. She was one of the very few vendors we worked with who responded to every email quickly and thoroughly, and her enthusiasm and love for our wedding and the wedding process in general was always apparent and always infectious! She invited us into her lovely home for an incredibly fun, easy-going tasting, and made us feel special every step of the way.

If you're having a wedding in the Stowe/Burlington area, you'd be ridiculous not choosing Marion to create your cake. This was hands down the best vendor choice we made in Vermont. Thank you Marion!!

Love, Christie and Whit

Sent on 10/17/2013

Kate · Married on 09/28/2013

Attention bride and grooms- do yourself a favor and get your cake from Vermont Sweet Tooth.

I've eaten cakes at at a lot of weddings, and I can say with 100% objectivity that the cake at my wedding, made by Marion/ Vermont Sweet Tooth, was by far the best. Marion spoke to me before the wedding about the theme, flavors, etc. We went with lemon and buttercream frosting. The cake was moist, flavorful, and beautifully designed. The combination of lemon and rum buttercream was unique and delicious. Marion really listened to what sort of design we wanted, and created something that was just in line with our vision but still had her own creative touches. If you're a foodie in need of a cake that stands up to your standards, no need to search any further for a vendor.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Sara · Married on 09/14/2013

Not only was the cake absolutely perfect and beautiful and even prettier than I imagined, it was delicious! The sugar paste flowers on top were incredible, and when they carried in the cake I actually thought, 'oh, maybe she did use real flowers', I had to get up close to see they were not real!
    We had one guest tell us she had 4 (!) pieces because it was the best wedding cake she had ever tasted! And multiple other people told us they loved it! The chocolate chunks in the chocolate cake were a huge hit and made it even more special, and the lemon was delectable as well!
    I can't wait to eat our cake topper, we decided we just can't wait a year to taste it again :)
    Marion is very responsive to emails as well, and great to work with. She is the baker who makes the cakes for all the Stowehof weddings (its included), and she's wonderful!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Aurora · Married on 08/24/2013

I dream about our wedding cake still

We had a three tier cake, top and bottom tier were Lemony Snicket and the middle was chocolate fudge chunk and oh my god was it amazing! We had numerous guest tell us it was the best cake they’ve ever had and we agree! We saved the top tier for our anniversary and ended up getting another of the chocolate so we could enjoy both flavors a second time!!

Also the sugar flowers Marion makes are gorgeous and so life like. We still have ours displayed on our kitchen/dinning room!

Sent on 02/17/2019

Bizzy · Married on 08/03/2013

The detail on Marion's cakes is second to none. Her handcrafted flowers could easily be mistaken for real flowers, but can be kept forever; and the time that goes into them is incredible! Not only are Marion's cakes beautiful, but I have never tasted a more delicious cake in my life! Most wedding cakes are dry or bland, but our guests couldn't say enough about her moist, delicious cake. There isn't another vendor I would consider using for any cake needs!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Erika · Married on 06/29/2013

We found Marion a little late in the planning, and she was so helpful and reassuring, it made all of us feel better immediately! Our previous baker closed her shop and was not very responsive to any request - Marion was the complete opposite: she is incredibly professional and very responsive and helpful.

We met Marion for our cake tasting in her adorable and quaint Vermont kitchen (it made us feel right at home!), and every option she presented was beautiful and delicious. We had a difficult time deciding which flavors, but ultimately went with Lemony Snicket and Chocolate Fudge Chunk. Going into this meeting, we were set on having mini-cupcakes with a few other dessert items, and coming out of it (having seen how beautiful her cakes were), we went with a cake! Throughout all of these decisions, she was incredibly patient and flexible.

Marion immediately set out to send us a few designs for the cake. We ended up asking her to design ours based off a picture we found online (as we weren't really prepared to give design ideas in our initial meeting!), and she was not only flexible about this, but the cake was beautiful and picture perfect in the end!!

I would highly recommend working with Marion, she made the entire process seamless, stress-free and yummy!!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Caitriona · Married on 06/22/2013

My husband & were welcomed into Marion's home with open arms for a cake tasting for our 6.22.13 wedding. She allowed us to take home any uneaten cake and of course it was gone not too long after. We couldn't have picked a more talented baker for our wedding cake. Our colors and theme were pale pink and gold with lots of peonies and soft romantic touches. Marion hit the nail on the head with the most gorgeous cake we had ever seen! We went with lemony snicket and a delicious chocolate with little choc chips. Our cake had gold (edible) dusting, little gold "pearls", and the MOST BEAUTIFUL & DELICATE handmade light pink sugar paste peony on top! We saved the handmade peony and Marion told us it will last, so we plan to display it in our home. The cake flavors were a huge hit and everyone loved how moist and flavorful the cake was! We would recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth to anyone looking for a reliable, professional, talented, and friendly baker. Marion is truly an artist and she won't disappoint!

Sent on 06/29/2013
  • Merlin

Merlin · Married on 06/22/2013

Marion was wonderful to work with. Our cake was beautiful, exactly what we wanted. And it was so delicious that we couldn't stop eating it! Neither could our guests. We chose the Lemony Snicket and LOVED it! Our tasting was also lovely. Marion was very helpful and was very willing to work within our budget. Thrilled with the experience! Lauren & Jeff

Sent on 07/10/2013

Jill · Married on 06/22/2013

Marion did such a wonderful job and was a pleasure to work with. Her cupcakes were the best I have ever had. She created cupcakes and a cutting cake for our wedding. She also made a sugar version of our dog Oliver and flowers to top our cake. She was spot on! Everyone at the wedding and afterwards was talking about the cake and cupcakes. The double chocolate chuck and lemony snicket flavors are the amazing! Every time we are back in Stowe we pop in for some more!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Shannon · Married on 01/12/2013

Marion was fantastic to work with. She graciously hosted my mom and me at her home for a tasting during one of my planning trips, accommodating our timeline. We settled on doing a variety of cupcakes flavors and small 6" wedding cake. Marion coordinated with my florist (A Schoolhouse Garden) to ensure the cake decorations aligned well with the flowers and rest of the decor and to arrange for the cupcake display.

Not only did everything look wonderful, it also tasted amazing! Our guests raved about the cupcakes and many took some home. My husband and I froze both our cake and some cupcakes, and they were just as delicious when we defrosted them. Marion has a wide variety of cake/cupcake flavors from which to choose--something for everyone!

Finally, Marion's prices are extremely reasonable for her quality and level of service--always nice when the wedding bills are adding up!

Sent on 03/19/2013

Betty · Married on 10/21/2012

If you want a wedding cake that is beautiful, and absolutely delicious, then Vermont Sweet Tooth, and
    Marion Peer is where you should go. Marion is a dream to work with, very professional, and is extremely talented. When you look at her portfolio, you will realize that there is nothing she cannot create. Besides her creative talent, her cakes are absolutely delicious. We had a very simple elegant cake, and did her famous lemony snicker cake. It was a hit, everyone commented that they have never tasted a wedding cake more delicious. It was moist and full of flavor, and stunning. My Daughter and her husband were delighted, and can't wait to have a cake sent out to them for their first anniversary. I think I might get one too, just too delicious not to have again.

Sent on 02/08/2013

Julie · Married on 07/21/2012

Marion at Vermont Sweet Tooth provided our wedding cake and small desserts (cupcakes and brownies). Everything was amazing! I was blown away by the beauty of the birch cake and the cupcake/brownie display. The gold, glitter and flowers were such a nice touch, and everyone noticed it. To top it off, it was delicious! I personally thought the brownies were my favorite, and I also didn't stop hearing how good the cupcakes were! We had some extra and brought them to brunch the next day where they quickly disappeared! I really appreciate how she went above and beyond to get the look we were thinking about, and it truly was amazing! I originally didn't even think I wanted a wedding cake, just other desserts, but after I saw Marion's portfolio and tasted the cakes at our tasting, I couldn't say no. Her desserts are works of art and taste amazing!

Sent on 07/24/2012

cynthia · Married on 04/23/2012

We have experienced amazing BEAUTIFULLY decorated special occasion layer cake from Vermont Sweets---as mouth watering moist & delicious as it was beautiful...truly exceptional baking and presentation.Marion is delightful to work with and a true professional who loves her craft .We have sampled several of her baking delights and each is beyond compare. I would highly recommend her service.

Sent on 04/23/2012

Brendon & · Married on 04/08/2012

The cupcakes from Vermont Sweet Tooth at our wedding were out of this world. Our guests could not stop raving about them, and many went back for more so they could try another flavor. The cupcakes and our monogram cake topper looked incredible and tasted even better. Each flavor was incredibly moist and decadent. During the entire planning process, Marion was always great to work with. She was happy to share her experience and expertise and was always willing to listen to our ideas and see how they could be incorporated. We are already thinking about what event we can use to place our next order!

Sent on 05/04/2012

Sumi · Married on 09/25/2011

I would HIGHLY recommend Marion Peer. She is an amazing baker and artist. The cake was absolutely delicious. We had two flavored cakes with a butter cream frosting and it came out beautiful.

Sent on 01/18/2012

Samantha · Married on 08/28/2011

My highest compliments to Vermont Sweet Tooth! First of all, 4 months after my wedding, I just emailed to see if I could get a small version of my wedding cake to surprise my mom for her birthday... which in itself is a testament to how insanely delicious the cake was... My mom and my guests have not stopped talking about it!!! Not only was it the best "wedding cake" I have ever had, it is actually my favorite cake ever - we did a combo of lemony Snicket and Chocolate Fudge... Both are awesome!!! The entire experience of choosing our wedding cake and having it delivered to the venue on the day of were literally the most pleasant of all the dealings I had throughout the planning. Our initial meeting took place at the end of a very long day of meeting with vendors... we got to the studio and were seated at a lovely table over looking the garden while Marion opened a bottle of champagne and placed slices of cake in front of us! We were happy! Every interaction after that was pleasant and easy! For decoration on the cake, we wanted simple flowers, Marion suggested that in addition to the beautiful sugar flowers that she could do, she could also make little sugar flower versions of our dogs (who we love and walked down the aisle)! Marion clearly took great care to make the sugar flower versions most closely reflect our dogs true character and expression and even requested many photos of them to ensure that she really captured their personalities! All in all, it was an absolutely delightful experience, I could not recommend her more effusively! I also cannot wait for my moms birthday next week so that we can surprise her with her favorite cake!!!
    p.s. the flowers and sugar-dogs that were on our cake were carefully packaged so that we could bring them home... they now sit on a shelf in our home :) we also have the top layer of our cake in our freezer for our 1 yr anniversary!

Sent on 12/19/2011

laurie · Married on 06/11/2011

What a beautiful cake Marion did for my daughter’s wedding! Lovely and delicious. The best of both worlds. It was a pleasure to work with Vermont Sweet tooth, Marion put up with our crazy last minute request and the caterer forgetting that they wanted the cake late, etc. Everything arrived on time, decorated as promised, more beautiful and delicious than expected, and a vendor that is one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Thank you again Vermont Sweet tooth.

Sent on 06/15/2011

Krystal · Married on 06/03/2011

As beautiful as our dessert table was, it was even better to eat! Our first bite of Marion's strawberry cup cakes vanilla frosting was a WOW moment. Several of our friends at the wedding asked where our desserts came from and told us that it was the most delicious ( visually & physically)they had ever experienced - my husband and I could not agree more! We found ourselves craving more of the desserts after the wedding.

Marion is exceptionally kind and thoughtful, as well as professional and extremely easy to work with. She helped us design a one-of-a-kind dessert table based on some photos we showed her, and was able to understand what we wanted before we were even able to articulate it ourselves. We could not recommend her and Vermont Sweet Tooth more highly!

Sent on 12/19/2011
  • I

Katie · Married on 12/10/2010

WOW. Marion has such a talent!! I asked her to surprise my groom with a groom's cake in the shape of the University of Michigan's "M" and the football team's unique helmet since my now husband is such a HUGE Michigan fan!! We met with Marion before for a cake tasting so I knew her product was divine. Through email, I described what I was looking for her to do and sent her 2 pictures and she took those pictures and ran with it. The cake was truly impressive and meticulously prepared. The color of the fondant was EXACTLY the Michigan colors "maize and blue". When Tim and I toured the ballroom together before the reception started, I brought him over to the cake table and he was beyond shocked....and I was too. It looked so amazing. Not only did it look amazing, but it tasted AMAZING. I chose the lemony snicket and chocolate flavors. The cake was so moist, and it felt like it was baked with love right out of her Vermont kitchen. This was some serious home-made cake!! (I know it was truly homemade because we did the cake tasting right in her beautiful kitchen where all the cakes are made!) Every time I go to Stowe, I will be emailing Marion to buy the lemony snicket/chocolate cake from her. Plus...her prices are SO reasonable for the amount of time and work she put into it. She truly did a fantastic job, and so many people are continuing to rave about our groom's cake. Thanks again Marion--you are awesome. =)

Sent on 01/12/2011

Jen · Married on 09/05/2010

I was just married in Stowe, and I highly recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth 802.253.3903. Marion is located right in Stowe and her cakes are beautiful, absolutely delicious, and they are affordably priced! She didn't nickel and dime us for cake tastings or deliveries. She made sure she was in touch with my florist to ensure that the sugar flowers she made for my cake matched my bouquet. She is a lovely woman with a big heart and was absolutely wonderful to work with!

Sent on 09/27/2010

chrysanna · Married on 07/25/2009

I wish I could post a pic of my cake. It was amazing. Everyone is still raving on how beautiful it was. Every flower handmade out of SUGAR it was just like out of a magazine. Best yet it tasted soooo good. Not a piece left. She dose not have a web site or a shop. But she sells bake goods through out Stowe. Give her a call she is so good at what she does and at a fraction of what others are charging.

Sent on 08/19/2009