Vermont Sweet Tooth Reviews

90 | Stowe, VT

90 Reviews for Vermont Sweet Tooth

Kris · Married on 02/21/2015

I love Marion and Vermont Sweet Tooth!

To be clear, I’ve never met Marion in person, but it sure feels like she’s an old friend. Marion captured everything we had envisioned, just from a couple of phone calls and some emails. She was a breeze from start to finish. The cake was beautiful, really, really beautiful. Marion is an artist. And, it tasted great. We had a different flavor for each of the three tiers and loved them all…lemon winning all around favorite.

We came to Vermont from Texas with our party of 16 for a winter wedding. Marion went above and beyond suggesting restaurants and activities. She even suggested a place to pick up some heavy duty winter wear should any in our party have the need… that’s just flat out sweet.

Marion and Vermont Sweet Tooth have our highest recommendations! You can bet the next time we make our way to Vermont we’ll be calling Marion.

Kris & Shellie

Sent on 03/02/2015

Sarah · Married on 01/31/2015

If you are looking for, not just a beautiful cake, but the best tasting cake you have EVER HAD IN YOUR LIFE then you MUST use Marion from Vermont Sweet Tooth.
    Our tasting was so much fun. She is so creative and thoughtful. She even did a Groom's cake thay blew people away.
    On top of that, Marion is such a wonderful person.

We loved our experience and LOVE our Cake. We plan to get a mini version of our delicious Bourbon Vanilla Bean cake with Maple butter cream icing wedding cake every year on our anniversary.

THANKS MARION!!!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Gina · Married on 11/22/2014

An absolute pleasure to work with! Our wedding cake was beyond expectations and absolutely gorgeous! Marion even made us extra cake for our reception....cake was the best we have ever had! Marion also did our rehearsal dinner desserts and they were perfect!! Made our day that much more special! Can't thank you enough!
    Love,
    The new Mr and Mrs Enos :)

Sent on 11/26/2014

Linda · Married on 10/04/2014

Marion Peer doesn't just bake her cakes- she designs them in a very personal way. We met with her at her home in Stowe that was full of Vermont charm, right up to the swan in her pond. She has created the most amazing cake designs that reflect the passions of her clients. We tasted three flavors for our daughter's Stowe wedding, and they were so moist and delicious we had to have two flavors. She took the time to get to know our daughter and her fiance, and searched for something special to represent them for their cake. Since they had gone to Vermont Law School for three years together, we all agreed the school mascot, a swan, would be perfect for the top. Marion's swan was a work of art, and fit beautifully with her birch bark cake design. She also matched the flowers on the cake to the wedding flowers, and made them of a material that we can save, even though it is edible. Everyone (including me) was taking pictures of this beautiful cake at the reception, as it was truly special and unique. Although the chocolate chocolate chunk layers were moist and delicious, it seemed the favorite was the bourbon vanilla bean with maple frosting. Yum! Both flavors were so good that most of our guests had a serving of each of them. We are grateful to Marion for helping to make the wedding extra special, and all of us will remember the most amazing cake we have ever eaten!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Samantha · Married on 09/27/2014

Two words can easily sum up Marion Peer's cakes: beautiful and delicious. My husband and I didn't care at all about our wedding cake when we started planning, we'd never had wedding cake that was actually good and so it wasn't really important to us....until we had our tasting with Marion. Everything changed.

Marion's cakes are a dream. After filling out her questionnaire and talking over the phone, Marion invited us to her lovely home for a cake tasting. We had just come from another bakery where the cake was dry and crumbly, and not very yummy...exactly what we thought any wedding cake was. When we sat down at Marion's kitchen table to try her generous tasting portions we were floored! Every flavor was more delicious than the last and ssssoooooo moist. We looked through an album of beautiful cakes Marion had created (really they are works of art) and we knew immediately we needed her cake at our wedding. Marion was open to doing pretty much any design for the cake, but we opted to go with something simpler and incorporate her beautiful sugar paste flowers.

Our guests are still raving about the cake & so are we...it was gorgeous and incredibly yummy. We were so thrilled! Marion is wonderful to work with and her cakes speak for themselves. Two thumbs way up!

Sent on 10/05/2014

Stephanie · Married on 08/16/2014

Of all the vendors that we worked with for our wedding, Marion was easily our favorite! She took a genuine interest in us and cared deeply about us being happy and everything being just right for our wedding. The cake that she made for us was gorgeous, but it tasted even better than it looked. Marion puts so much effort into getting every detail right - she contacted our florist so the sugar flowers for our cake would match our wedding flowers - and they are works of art! We have ours on display - they look so realistic! We live in Manhattan, and it was no issue for Marion to pack up cake samples and ship them to us. We ended up ordering three flavors for our cake (maple bourbon, lemony snicket and chocolate with hazelnut frosting) because the samples were so good and we wanted them all. We generally don't like lemon cake, but hers was so good that we had to order it. We also ordered an assortment of other desserts from her (cheesecake bites, mint julep brownies and chocolate chip cookies) , which were also great - especially the cheesecake! We got so many compliments from our guests both on the cake and the desserts. Besides providing a great product on the day of our wedding, Marion always responded immediately to our emails, whether day or night, weekday or weekend. She was always very friendly and helpful and went above and beyond - she even personally accompanied our cake delivery service on a two hour drive on the day of our wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. She also left a cushioned box and instructions for the kitchen staff to make sure our sugar flowers made it home safely, which we appreciated immensely. We cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Natalie · Married on 08/02/2014

The cake was the best tasting wedding cake we have ever had!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 06/22/2014

At the recommendation of a friend, I contracted with Marion to make my brother & his wife's wedding cake for their wedding at the end of June 2014. The bride-to-be had given me (as matron of honor) creative license and said, "As long as it involves chocolate in some way and the design is whimsical, that would be great." After going over a few designs with Marion, there was no doubt that one of her birch cakes would be perfect, and it lived up to every expectation. It was OUTSTANDING and made the day. It was beautiful and delicious, and everyone (especially the bride and groom) loved it! It was exactly what we asked for in terms of design, cake type, and icing. It was a pleasure to work with Marion -- HIGHLY recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Bridget · Married on 06/07/2014

I actually hired Vermont Sweet Tooth for a Shower cake for my best friend. By far this was the best experience I could have ever hoped for. I live in Massachusetts and needed to do everything over the phone and Marion was absolutely fabulous, helpful and a blessing! The design that she created, I could not even do it justice describing. You can honestly tell with each cake that she makes she genuinely puts herself in them. On the day of the shower, she herself delivered the cake and made sure everyone knew how the cake would be cut, taken care of and how the flowers should be transported. The cake was out of this world and everyone stated this was the best cake they had tasted! I can not say enough good things about Vermont Sweet Tooth. Do yourself a favor and without a doubt contact them!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Hilary · Married on 05/24/2014

We could not have asked for a better vendor for our cake. Our wedding was somewhat of a destination wedding as we are from Ct and were getting married in VT. From the first time I contacted Marion she was quick to respond back. She knew of the distance issue and responded very quickly to emails back and forth. She took every crazy idea I had and made it into a more traditional cake. Thankfully we were able to make the trip to Vermont to try her amazing cakes and discuss the cake more where she saw my expression of the design and later that day sent me a new sketch after we left. She will not let you be disappointed and every flavor she makes in delicious.
    On my wedding day the delivery service truck was broken so Marion herself delivered both the amazing cakes keep in mind we were about 45 minutes or more from where she is located but she was not going to let us not have our wedding cakes. She was also very good at keeping my grooms cake a surprise and took full rein of it after I told her what I wanted.
    Both cakes were amazing when I saw them on my wedding day they almost brought me to tears. Do not hesitate to contact her if you need a cake baker in Vermont you will not be sorry.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Stephanie · Married on 03/01/2014

The wedding cake that Marion Peer made for our wedding was truly breathtaking! I searched all over to find the perfect 'birch' cake that fit the theme of our winter wedding. Not only did the cake look perfect in every way, the flavors were amazing. Everyone who had the cake raved that it was the best cake they had ever had! What made our experience with Marion memorable was that she took the time to find out all the ins and outs of our wedding, the flowers we were using, the color scheme and over all look and feel and crafted a beautiful work of art.
    We highly recommend VT Sweet Tooth, Marion was amazing!
    Steph and Steve Kohn

Sent on 03/07/2014

Gillian · Married on 03/01/2014

I didn't even know that wedding cakes could be this beautiful! When I saw what Marion had created for us it took my breath away.

Marion met us for a consultation at her beautiful house/bakery. She was so inviting and loaded us up with all kinds of cakes and coffee. It was a magical experience.

We let her create a cake based on our colors and styles. She nailed it! Our cake was one of her birch cakes and the flowers looked so real I still have to touch them. That's the best part, you get to keep the flowers she creates and they are made from sugar! Ours are in our windowsill so we can enjoy them every day.

I had never thought much about my wedding cake up until the wedding and was completely blown away by what Marion creates. Definitely go see her!!!

Sent on 03/21/2014

I don’t even know where to begin when it comes to describing the magnificence of our wedding cake by Marion Peer. Marion created an "autumn wonderland" cake for us that was truly the artistic centerpiece of our reception. It was the most jaw-droppingly beautiful, magical, unforgettable cake I have ever seen. It took my breath away, and THEN, tasted as good as it looked. No easy feat...it was delicious, and made with REAL, fresh pumpkin, something Marion and I agreed was really important. I ate three pieces the night of the wedding and two more the next day and felt zero guilt—it was that good!! Every little pumpkin, leaf, twig, flower….it was all absolutely STUNNING. The level of intricate detail was amazing to behold. Several guests went out of their way to tell me that it was the best wedding cake they had ever seen or eaten. It was everything I had imagined and much, much more.

And, Marion was an utter joy to work with throughout the entire process. She was one of the very few vendors we worked with who responded to every email quickly and thoroughly, and her enthusiasm and love for our wedding and the wedding process in general was always apparent and always infectious! She invited us into her lovely home for an incredibly fun, easy-going tasting, and made us feel special every step of the way.

If you're having a wedding in the Stowe/Burlington area, you'd be ridiculous not choosing Marion to create your cake. This was hands down the best vendor choice we made in Vermont. Thank you Marion!!

Love, Christie and Whit

Sent on 10/17/2013

Kate · Married on 09/28/2013

Attention bride and grooms- do yourself a favor and get your cake from Vermont Sweet Tooth.

I've eaten cakes at at a lot of weddings, and I can say with 100% objectivity that the cake at my wedding, made by Marion/ Vermont Sweet Tooth, was by far the best. Marion spoke to me before the wedding about the theme, flavors, etc. We went with lemon and buttercream frosting. The cake was moist, flavorful, and beautifully designed. The combination of lemon and rum buttercream was unique and delicious. Marion really listened to what sort of design we wanted, and created something that was just in line with our vision but still had her own creative touches. If you're a foodie in need of a cake that stands up to your standards, no need to search any further for a vendor.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Sara · Married on 09/14/2013

Not only was the cake absolutely perfect and beautiful and even prettier than I imagined, it was delicious! The sugar paste flowers on top were incredible, and when they carried in the cake I actually thought, 'oh, maybe she did use real flowers', I had to get up close to see they were not real!
    We had one guest tell us she had 4 (!) pieces because it was the best wedding cake she had ever tasted! And multiple other people told us they loved it! The chocolate chunks in the chocolate cake were a huge hit and made it even more special, and the lemon was delectable as well!
    I can't wait to eat our cake topper, we decided we just can't wait a year to taste it again :)
    Marion is very responsive to emails as well, and great to work with. She is the baker who makes the cakes for all the Stowehof weddings (its included), and she's wonderful!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Aurora · Married on 08/24/2013

I dream about our wedding cake still

We had a three tier cake, top and bottom tier were Lemony Snicket and the middle was chocolate fudge chunk and oh my god was it amazing! We had numerous guest tell us it was the best cake they’ve ever had and we agree! We saved the top tier for our anniversary and ended up getting another of the chocolate so we could enjoy both flavors a second time!!

Also the sugar flowers Marion makes are gorgeous and so life like. We still have ours displayed on our kitchen/dinning room!

Sent on 02/17/2019

Bizzy · Married on 08/03/2013

The detail on Marion's cakes is second to none. Her handcrafted flowers could easily be mistaken for real flowers, but can be kept forever; and the time that goes into them is incredible! Not only are Marion's cakes beautiful, but I have never tasted a more delicious cake in my life! Most wedding cakes are dry or bland, but our guests couldn't say enough about her moist, delicious cake. There isn't another vendor I would consider using for any cake needs!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Erika · Married on 06/29/2013

We found Marion a little late in the planning, and she was so helpful and reassuring, it made all of us feel better immediately! Our previous baker closed her shop and was not very responsive to any request - Marion was the complete opposite: she is incredibly professional and very responsive and helpful.

We met Marion for our cake tasting in her adorable and quaint Vermont kitchen (it made us feel right at home!), and every option she presented was beautiful and delicious. We had a difficult time deciding which flavors, but ultimately went with Lemony Snicket and Chocolate Fudge Chunk. Going into this meeting, we were set on having mini-cupcakes with a few other dessert items, and coming out of it (having seen how beautiful her cakes were), we went with a cake! Throughout all of these decisions, she was incredibly patient and flexible.

Marion immediately set out to send us a few designs for the cake. We ended up asking her to design ours based off a picture we found online (as we weren't really prepared to give design ideas in our initial meeting!), and she was not only flexible about this, but the cake was beautiful and picture perfect in the end!!

I would highly recommend working with Marion, she made the entire process seamless, stress-free and yummy!!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Caitriona · Married on 06/22/2013

My husband & were welcomed into Marion's home with open arms for a cake tasting for our 6.22.13 wedding. She allowed us to take home any uneaten cake and of course it was gone not too long after. We couldn't have picked a more talented baker for our wedding cake. Our colors and theme were pale pink and gold with lots of peonies and soft romantic touches. Marion hit the nail on the head with the most gorgeous cake we had ever seen! We went with lemony snicket and a delicious chocolate with little choc chips. Our cake had gold (edible) dusting, little gold "pearls", and the MOST BEAUTIFUL & DELICATE handmade light pink sugar paste peony on top! We saved the handmade peony and Marion told us it will last, so we plan to display it in our home. The cake flavors were a huge hit and everyone loved how moist and flavorful the cake was! We would recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth to anyone looking for a reliable, professional, talented, and friendly baker. Marion is truly an artist and she won't disappoint!

Sent on 06/29/2013
  • Merlin

Merlin · Married on 06/22/2013

Marion was wonderful to work with. Our cake was beautiful, exactly what we wanted. And it was so delicious that we couldn't stop eating it! Neither could our guests. We chose the Lemony Snicket and LOVED it! Our tasting was also lovely. Marion was very helpful and was very willing to work within our budget. Thrilled with the experience! Lauren & Jeff

Sent on 07/10/2013

Jill · Married on 06/22/2013

Marion did such a wonderful job and was a pleasure to work with. Her cupcakes were the best I have ever had. She created cupcakes and a cutting cake for our wedding. She also made a sugar version of our dog Oliver and flowers to top our cake. She was spot on! Everyone at the wedding and afterwards was talking about the cake and cupcakes. The double chocolate chuck and lemony snicket flavors are the amazing! Every time we are back in Stowe we pop in for some more!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Shannon · Married on 01/12/2013

Marion was fantastic to work with. She graciously hosted my mom and me at her home for a tasting during one of my planning trips, accommodating our timeline. We settled on doing a variety of cupcakes flavors and small 6" wedding cake. Marion coordinated with my florist (A Schoolhouse Garden) to ensure the cake decorations aligned well with the flowers and rest of the decor and to arrange for the cupcake display.

Not only did everything look wonderful, it also tasted amazing! Our guests raved about the cupcakes and many took some home. My husband and I froze both our cake and some cupcakes, and they were just as delicious when we defrosted them. Marion has a wide variety of cake/cupcake flavors from which to choose--something for everyone!

Finally, Marion's prices are extremely reasonable for her quality and level of service--always nice when the wedding bills are adding up!

Sent on 03/19/2013

Betty · Married on 10/21/2012

If you want a wedding cake that is beautiful, and absolutely delicious, then Vermont Sweet Tooth, and
    Marion Peer is where you should go. Marion is a dream to work with, very professional, and is extremely talented. When you look at her portfolio, you will realize that there is nothing she cannot create. Besides her creative talent, her cakes are absolutely delicious. We had a very simple elegant cake, and did her famous lemony snicker cake. It was a hit, everyone commented that they have never tasted a wedding cake more delicious. It was moist and full of flavor, and stunning. My Daughter and her husband were delighted, and can't wait to have a cake sent out to them for their first anniversary. I think I might get one too, just too delicious not to have again.

Sent on 02/08/2013

Julie · Married on 07/21/2012

Marion at Vermont Sweet Tooth provided our wedding cake and small desserts (cupcakes and brownies). Everything was amazing! I was blown away by the beauty of the birch cake and the cupcake/brownie display. The gold, glitter and flowers were such a nice touch, and everyone noticed it. To top it off, it was delicious! I personally thought the brownies were my favorite, and I also didn't stop hearing how good the cupcakes were! We had some extra and brought them to brunch the next day where they quickly disappeared! I really appreciate how she went above and beyond to get the look we were thinking about, and it truly was amazing! I originally didn't even think I wanted a wedding cake, just other desserts, but after I saw Marion's portfolio and tasted the cakes at our tasting, I couldn't say no. Her desserts are works of art and taste amazing!

Sent on 07/24/2012

cynthia · Married on 04/23/2012

We have experienced amazing BEAUTIFULLY decorated special occasion layer cake from Vermont Sweets---as mouth watering moist & delicious as it was beautiful...truly exceptional baking and presentation.Marion is delightful to work with and a true professional who loves her craft .We have sampled several of her baking delights and each is beyond compare. I would highly recommend her service.

Sent on 04/23/2012