Vermont Sweet Tooth Reviews

Vermont Sweet Tooth 5
Vermont Sweet Tooth 6
Vermont Sweet Tooth 7

Carolyn · Married on 09/10/2016

My Husband and I were married in Waitsfield, VT in September, and were SO LUCKY to have Marion and VT Sweet Tooth create our cake! We met with Marion in January, and she gave us a hearty sampling of her top 3 flavors- Vanilla Bourbon, Lemon, and Double Fudge Chink. Oh my goodness! We both agreed that it was by far the best cake we have ever had! We loved the flavors so much that we actually ordered sheet cakes in each flavor, as well as a very unique 3 tiered wedding cake (It resembled Birch slabs). Which brings me to my next rave- Marion’s cakes aren’t just… cakes. She is a true artist. We worked with her for months leading up to the wedding so that she could design (out of 100% edible sugar paste) sugar flowers, and toppers of myself and my husband in our wedding gear along with our 2 cats. They looked INCREDIBLE! Everybody was talking about how much the toppers looked like us… she even got my husband’s beard right! People often talk about how wedding cake doesn’t taste good, but Marion’s cakes are truly out of this world.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Marion was the best! The cake was so beautiful! She makes all the sugar flowers by hand and is so attentive to detail, working with my florist to make sure they matched. She is a pleasure to work with and was so sweet through the whole process. Our cake did end up melting before we cut it (it was hot and she doesn't use fondant - which means it tastes better) but we didn't care because we got the photos we wanted and it still tasted great! The next day everyone was raving about how delicious our cake was.

Sent on 09/17/2016

Lara · Married on 08/06/2016

Marion is a true artist and a gracious professional. She created a work of art exactly how we envisioned our perfect cake. And her sugar flowers belong in a museum. AND the cake was delicious!!! She generously and professional made the wedding day coordination very easy and went the extra mile.

Sent on 04/20/2017

Marion at VT Sweet Tooth was such a pleasure to work with! She is professional, personal, and dedicated to working with you to make the perfect cake for your event. Her work was beyond my expectations! The bitch tree cake was not only beautiful but looked so realistic! I couldn't believe the detail that went in to creating the cake! We were thrilled she was able to add to our wedding making it the perfect day! We would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Keely · Married on 07/09/2016

Marion and her cakes are just the best! We were planning our wedding from out of state, so I actually tasted Marion's work for the first time the day of our wedding. We had initially been undecided about the wedding dessert, but then my parents went to a tasting at our venue and came back absolutely raving about Marion's cupcakes. My mom said the vanilla bourbon cake with maple buttercream was the best cake she'd ever had, and she was right.
    We changed our plans and ordered a small cutting cake and three types of cupcakes--lemony snicket, chocolate chunk, and the bourbon vanilla. I am SO glad we did as the dessert became one of my favorite aspects of the day and what my guests are still raving about even weeks later.
    The cutting cake was stunning. I was very vague about what I wanted and Marion did beautiful work crafting a stunning white anemone for the top of the cake using my wedding colors. It was so elegant and beautifully detailed. It was such a pleasant surprise to see the beautiful flower the morning of my wedding.
    The cupcakes themselves were incredibly popular at our wedding, to the point that we nearly didn’t eat any ourselves because they disappeared so quickly. The cake itself is the most flavorful cake I’ve ever had and the icing is perfect. I’ve attended many weddings over the past year and I have seen so many wedding cakes go uneaten by dancing guests because they are pretty flavorless and people aren’t willing to stop dancing or eat more after a full meal. That was not the case at our wedding! My husband and I managed to grab the last two cupcakes left at our wedding and people asked us later that week where they could order more.
    We are so glad and thankful that Marion was a part of our wedding day. You can’t find a nicer or higher quality vendor to work with. Thank you, Marion!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Charmaine · Married on 07/02/2016

Marion was amazing! The cake was absolutely gorgeous with every detail perfected- our guests were taking pictures of it instead of eating it at first! It was even more beautiful than I imagined, and the personal touches were fantastic. But the taste, THE TASTE- I always thought wedding cakes were mostly for looks, but I have never tasted a cake so moist and delicious. Marion is so easy to work with, and the her prices are extremely reasonable. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/04/2016

Marion was fantastic to work with from the very start! She was so welcoming and kind during our cake tasting and really made it a one of a kind experience. Not only do her pictures clearly show how talented she is with decorating cakes, her gum paste flowers are out of this world, but I have never tasted better cakes in my entire life. Throughout our wedding we received multiple compliments on how beautiful our cake was and then when they tasted it they were even more impressed! Marion works extremely hard to make each cake unique to the client, is extremely professional, and clearly cares greatly for each of her clients. I have recommended her to family members and would definitely use her again!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Ariana · Married on 06/11/2016

Marion at Vermont Sweet Tooth was absolutely amazing! She was always there to help with any questions and her cakes and cupcakes were beautiful! Every guest was raving about how delicious the cupcakes were. I am allergic to gluten so our wedding cake was gluten free and you would never be able to tell. It was yummy! She designed pink peonies for the top of the cake that you could not tell were made out of sugar. Every guest was taking pictures of them because they looked so real. We could not have been happier. Thank you Marion!!

Ariana & Scott

Sent on 06/15/2016

Tracey · Married on 06/11/2016

We chose to have cupcakes instead of a cake for our wedding, and are very happy we chose Vermont Sweet Tooth. Marion met with us beforehand and had 3 flavors for us to taste. They were all so good that we chose all of them! We had 100 cupcakes for a 70 person wedding and by the end of the night they were all gone!!! We received so many compliments. Thank you Marion!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Jessie · Married on 05/22/2016

As for design:
    Amy and I knew from the start we wanted a birch log cake. The thing was, finding someone who could execute the look of it. Well, needless to say, Marion definitely can do that! We absolutely LOVED the cake design, it was everything I have ever dreamed of. Before we cut the cake, and even after, everyone I talked to ranted and raved over how incredibly gorgeous the cake was! I told them it really wasn't hard to find the baker, because on every site I looked at, VT Sweet Tooth was always first to pop up.

As for flavor:
    The guests loved the lomny-snicket that she did (one of the three she does in her tasting), there was NONE left by the end of the night! I didn't even get any! Haha! The other flavor we did was her chocolate chunk (which is another from her tasting she does). My wife LOVES chocolate, but still is picky somehow on what she likes. She told me when we left our tasting that we HAD to get that for our flavor. Marion was also really accommodating to us. I told my then fiance that I would agree to chocolate as our main flavor, if somehow they could make it into an orange chocolate. Marion incorporated it into the icing, so it was just enough to taste, and it tasted awesome. She got an A+ from me! We really didn't know if the guests would care for the orange chocolate, but it was also a big hit.

Also, Amy and I knew we wanted someone who was going to incorporate positiveness into our day. We wanted to keep with "good vibe" people. From the moment we got to her place, we just knew she was that kind of person. She is such a sweet lady, and I will recommend her hands down to ANYONE.

Marion,
    Thank you so much for making our dream cake come true!!
    Jessie and Amy

Sent on 05/27/2016

Hillary · Married on 10/10/2015

She did such a great job and creating my dream cake! Was great to work with and really listened to what I wanted. All the guests are still talking about how beautiful it was and how good it tasted! The best cake I have ever had!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Meg · Married on 10/10/2015

We had Marion do our wedding cupcakes. She was wonderful! I am down in Boston and she even shipped our tasting to us! The cupcakes tasted amazing and looked perfect! I highly recommend using Marion if you are getting married in the Stowe area

Sent on 11/14/2015

Laura · Married on 10/03/2015

We had the best experience working with Marion Peer of Vermont Sweet Tooth in Stowe, VT! The wedding cake she created was so beautiful and delicious! We chose a unique design inspired by my wedding dress. She created the cake of our dreams, just what we imagined! I still have the delicate sugar flowers she made by hand. To commemorate our one year anniversary Marion plans on making us another cake! This is such a special touch. You can see and taste how much love goes into the cake.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Lisa · Married on 09/26/2015

Going into the whole wedding cake experience, we thought it was going to be very simple- vanilla or chocolate and white icing. This was so far from reality when it came to having your cake designed and created by Marion of Vermont Sweet Tooth. It was truly an experience that we will always remember. We sat with Marion in her beautiful kitchen and talked not only about cake, but also ourselves. In turn, the cake we received was very special and personalized just for us with amazing sugar work! Her sugar flowers are so life like and beautiful, and are a keepsake. Not only did the cake look amazing, it was delicious! We had so many people compliment on how great the cake was- very moist and the frosting was the perfect buttery sweetness. I highly recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth- it was probably one of my favorite experiences of the whole “planning” process and it turned just chocolate or vanilla into a very memorable experience

Sent on 12/05/2015

Rose · Married on 09/12/2015

Marion,

Thank you so much for everything. Our cutting cake was 'out of this world.' It looked so real and tasted so delicious.

I emailed Marion pretty late in the game, essentially I was (what felt like) begging someone to make us a cutting cake. Marion was busy with a lot of orders and yet she still said yes to us. And how lucky we were that she did!!
    Marion was very quick to get back to emails and we scheduled a cake tasting quickly. We arrived at her adorable home in Stowe and tried some of the best cake's Jack and I both agree that we've ever had!
    You can not go wrong with any selection you make.
    We looked through Marion's portfolio - which is incredible. She is better than anyone on Cake Boss etc. Her work is realistic - as in our cutting cake actually looked like the bark of a tree - and the flowers, although made of sugar, resembled actual flowers! She is so talented and dedicated to the work she does.

We ended up going with one layer of bourbon vanilla bean and a second layer of chocolate fudge chunk. To die for. Everyone at the wedding thought our cake was an actual tree and when they tasted it were in heaven.
    During the cutting of our cake, we just kept feeding each other bites - it was that good.

Marion also has edible sparkles imported from France that she can add to her deserts. It is fancy and delicious.

We highly recommend booking with Marion! She is trustworthy, creative, makes delicious cakes that your guests will never be able to stop talking about (trust me), and she can create some incredible pieces of artwork with your cake if you so desire.

Thank you for everything, Marion! You are truly one of a kind and we are so glad we found you. Thank you for making our day just that more special. I am so glad you were a part of it :)

Rose & Jack

Sent on 09/16/2015
  • I

Isabel · Married on 07/18/2015

Marion's cakes are AMAZING; equally delicious as they are beautiful. Our guests had her "lemony snicket" cupcakes which she makes with freshly squeezed orange juice and her "vanilla bean bourbon" cupcakes. We received SO many unsolicited compliments about how delicious they were. We had her 6 inch birch bark cake as a cutting cake, which was decorated with a stargazer lily (per my request) made out of sugar paste. Again, so beautiful. She was a pleasure to work with and it is obvious that she takes great pride and pleasure in her creations. Marion was incredibly responsive to my emails and was very diligent about making sure my wishes were accommodated. I would recommend her without reservation and we will certainly be reaching out to her for "special occasion" cakes in the future.

Sent on 08/26/2015

There aren't enough superlatives to describe our wonderful experience with Marion Peer and Vermont Sweet Tooth. The wedding cake was amazing in all ways. We had two different kinds--a lemon one and a maple one. Both were absolutely delicious, and everyone raved about how good they were. The flowers that decorated them were spectacular, unlike any decorative flowers on cakes I've ever seen. The detail on the flowers was exquisite, clearly the work of an artist. Working with Marion was as amazing as the cake. Marilyn was extraordinarily nice. She was always available to answer questions and give advice. She was friendly, caring, reassuring, and thoughtful. I'm not sure I ever had a business relationship with anyone who was as wonderful as she was. My only regret was that I didn't get to meet her in person. In short, I highly recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth and Marion Peer.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Crystal · Married on 07/04/2015

Marion is FABULOUS!
    Her cake tastes equally as fabulous!
    If you want a memorable dessert for you and your guests, Vermont Sweet Tooth is the way to go!

Sent on 07/26/2015

sarah · Married on 07/04/2015

My experience with wedding cakes is that they are usually an afterthought that no one really eats at the wedding. I wish my guests hadn't eaten the cake because it would have been more for me to take home! Marion's cake is truly the best cake I have eaten. I am still thinking and dreaming about the wedding cake :) At the cake tasting I had to restrain myself from inhaling the samples she gave us to try. On top of the cake being out of this world (go with the bourbon vanilla and chocolate fudge cake!), Marion is a true artist. Our guests did not believe the flower on the cake was sugar because it was so realistic. I am disappointed that we do not live closer, as I would order cakes from Marion for every occasion, if I could!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Kris · Married on 02/21/2015

I love Marion and Vermont Sweet Tooth!

To be clear, I’ve never met Marion in person, but it sure feels like she’s an old friend. Marion captured everything we had envisioned, just from a couple of phone calls and some emails. She was a breeze from start to finish. The cake was beautiful, really, really beautiful. Marion is an artist. And, it tasted great. We had a different flavor for each of the three tiers and loved them all…lemon winning all around favorite.

We came to Vermont from Texas with our party of 16 for a winter wedding. Marion went above and beyond suggesting restaurants and activities. She even suggested a place to pick up some heavy duty winter wear should any in our party have the need… that’s just flat out sweet.

Marion and Vermont Sweet Tooth have our highest recommendations! You can bet the next time we make our way to Vermont we’ll be calling Marion.

Kris & Shellie

Sent on 03/02/2015

Sarah · Married on 01/31/2015

If you are looking for, not just a beautiful cake, but the best tasting cake you have EVER HAD IN YOUR LIFE then you MUST use Marion from Vermont Sweet Tooth.
    Our tasting was so much fun. She is so creative and thoughtful. She even did a Groom's cake thay blew people away.
    On top of that, Marion is such a wonderful person.

We loved our experience and LOVE our Cake. We plan to get a mini version of our delicious Bourbon Vanilla Bean cake with Maple butter cream icing wedding cake every year on our anniversary.

THANKS MARION!!!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Gina · Married on 11/22/2014

An absolute pleasure to work with! Our wedding cake was beyond expectations and absolutely gorgeous! Marion even made us extra cake for our reception....cake was the best we have ever had! Marion also did our rehearsal dinner desserts and they were perfect!! Made our day that much more special! Can't thank you enough!
    Love,
    The new Mr and Mrs Enos :)

Sent on 11/26/2014

Linda · Married on 10/04/2014

Marion Peer doesn't just bake her cakes- she designs them in a very personal way. We met with her at her home in Stowe that was full of Vermont charm, right up to the swan in her pond. She has created the most amazing cake designs that reflect the passions of her clients. We tasted three flavors for our daughter's Stowe wedding, and they were so moist and delicious we had to have two flavors. She took the time to get to know our daughter and her fiance, and searched for something special to represent them for their cake. Since they had gone to Vermont Law School for three years together, we all agreed the school mascot, a swan, would be perfect for the top. Marion's swan was a work of art, and fit beautifully with her birch bark cake design. She also matched the flowers on the cake to the wedding flowers, and made them of a material that we can save, even though it is edible. Everyone (including me) was taking pictures of this beautiful cake at the reception, as it was truly special and unique. Although the chocolate chocolate chunk layers were moist and delicious, it seemed the favorite was the bourbon vanilla bean with maple frosting. Yum! Both flavors were so good that most of our guests had a serving of each of them. We are grateful to Marion for helping to make the wedding extra special, and all of us will remember the most amazing cake we have ever eaten!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Samantha · Married on 09/27/2014

Two words can easily sum up Marion Peer's cakes: beautiful and delicious. My husband and I didn't care at all about our wedding cake when we started planning, we'd never had wedding cake that was actually good and so it wasn't really important to us....until we had our tasting with Marion. Everything changed.

Marion's cakes are a dream. After filling out her questionnaire and talking over the phone, Marion invited us to her lovely home for a cake tasting. We had just come from another bakery where the cake was dry and crumbly, and not very yummy...exactly what we thought any wedding cake was. When we sat down at Marion's kitchen table to try her generous tasting portions we were floored! Every flavor was more delicious than the last and ssssoooooo moist. We looked through an album of beautiful cakes Marion had created (really they are works of art) and we knew immediately we needed her cake at our wedding. Marion was open to doing pretty much any design for the cake, but we opted to go with something simpler and incorporate her beautiful sugar paste flowers.

Our guests are still raving about the cake & so are we...it was gorgeous and incredibly yummy. We were so thrilled! Marion is wonderful to work with and her cakes speak for themselves. Two thumbs way up!

Sent on 10/05/2014

Stephanie · Married on 08/16/2014

Of all the vendors that we worked with for our wedding, Marion was easily our favorite! She took a genuine interest in us and cared deeply about us being happy and everything being just right for our wedding. The cake that she made for us was gorgeous, but it tasted even better than it looked. Marion puts so much effort into getting every detail right - she contacted our florist so the sugar flowers for our cake would match our wedding flowers - and they are works of art! We have ours on display - they look so realistic! We live in Manhattan, and it was no issue for Marion to pack up cake samples and ship them to us. We ended up ordering three flavors for our cake (maple bourbon, lemony snicket and chocolate with hazelnut frosting) because the samples were so good and we wanted them all. We generally don't like lemon cake, but hers was so good that we had to order it. We also ordered an assortment of other desserts from her (cheesecake bites, mint julep brownies and chocolate chip cookies) , which were also great - especially the cheesecake! We got so many compliments from our guests both on the cake and the desserts. Besides providing a great product on the day of our wedding, Marion always responded immediately to our emails, whether day or night, weekday or weekend. She was always very friendly and helpful and went above and beyond - she even personally accompanied our cake delivery service on a two hour drive on the day of our wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. She also left a cushioned box and instructions for the kitchen staff to make sure our sugar flowers made it home safely, which we appreciated immensely. We cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 09/28/2014