Vermont Sweet Tooth Reviews

90 | Stowe, VT

90 Reviews for Vermont Sweet Tooth

Julie · Married on 11/01/2016

I had heard Marion's cakes are as tasty as they look and quite simply, they taste as spectacular as they look. I've never tasted a cake as yummy as her's in all of my 51 years. (My cake was a birthday treat.) The sweetness didn't overwhelm the taste and my husband and I kept looking at each other as if we were tasting heaven on earth! Unfortunately, for me, I'm dreaming of how I can have this cake weekly now but I am resisting the incredible urge to do so. You won't regret working with her either. I know her personally and she is a special person. World Class!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Sue · Married on 10/22/2016

Cake was so very beautiful! Even better than we had expected! The flavors were wonderful. Thank you so very much Marion!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Kirsten · Married on 10/22/2016

I can't imagine working with any other vendor. Our cake was exactly what we wanted, and everyone commented on how realistic our birch tree cake looked! It is another level of artistry. Often times I assume beautiful cakes can't possibly taste good...but Marion's cake is actually the best I've EVER had. We got the lemony snicket and chocolate fudge chunk, and they're simply the best flavors on the planet. I'm lucky enough that we had some leftover cake, and I've been eating it every day! She is so thoughtful and personal with her cakes, too. She is giving us a free anniversary cake topper when we come back up to the area for our anniversary, too. I couldn't be more pleased. We had looked at a couple others in the area before we found Marion, and i won't mention names, but they were pretentious and not very tasty. Marion's cakes check every box. Even the sugar flowers on the cake look completely real! Hands down - work with Marion.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Nada · Married on 10/06/2016

Don't even hesitate and do not bother looking elsewhere. Just get your cake here. Marion is AMAZING. Sweet, thoughtful, and she makes the best cakes in the state. I did cake tastings elsewhere and was charged anywhere from $25-$40 for mediocre cake I would not even serve at a child's birthday party. Then, we happened upon Vermont Sweet Tooth. First of all, it speaks volumes in my opinion, that Marion does not charge for a cake tasting. I assume this is because she knows that once you taste her cakes, there is nowhere else you would even consider ordering from. She was lovely and extremely helpful and responsive through the entire process. The cake she made us was perfect and exactly what we had asked for and the price was way lower than what we had anticipated when we first budgeted for our wedding cake! I wish I did not live out of state, or else I would come to Marion for every cake-worthy event! Do not waste your time going anywhere else.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Marion is the absolute BEST. My husband and I had the very best time at our tasting with Marion and truly enjoyed getting to know her. She is so sweet and generous! Marion made us a beautiful cake, incorporating sugar flowers based on our wedding flowers. We had carrot, chocolate chunk, and lemon cake and they went SO fast! If I can recommend anything, it is to make sure you have enough because Marion's cakes are so good that even those guests who aren't necessarily "dessert" people will want to have some too. You can't go wrong working with Marion!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Jacob · Married on 09/17/2016

Marion at Vermont Sweet Tooth is an absolute artist. Her cakes are not only delicious, but they the most beautiful i have ever seen. She works with the couple to make it 100% unique, and the flowers and details she is able to construct out of sugar (yes ALL the flowers in the photos above are made out of sugar, and not real flowers!!) are simply incredible.

Sent on 10/07/2016

Carolyn · Married on 09/10/2016

My Husband and I were married in Waitsfield, VT in September, and were SO LUCKY to have Marion and VT Sweet Tooth create our cake! We met with Marion in January, and she gave us a hearty sampling of her top 3 flavors- Vanilla Bourbon, Lemon, and Double Fudge Chink. Oh my goodness! We both agreed that it was by far the best cake we have ever had! We loved the flavors so much that we actually ordered sheet cakes in each flavor, as well as a very unique 3 tiered wedding cake (It resembled Birch slabs). Which brings me to my next rave- Marion’s cakes aren’t just… cakes. She is a true artist. We worked with her for months leading up to the wedding so that she could design (out of 100% edible sugar paste) sugar flowers, and toppers of myself and my husband in our wedding gear along with our 2 cats. They looked INCREDIBLE! Everybody was talking about how much the toppers looked like us… she even got my husband’s beard right! People often talk about how wedding cake doesn’t taste good, but Marion’s cakes are truly out of this world.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Marion was the best! The cake was so beautiful! She makes all the sugar flowers by hand and is so attentive to detail, working with my florist to make sure they matched. She is a pleasure to work with and was so sweet through the whole process. Our cake did end up melting before we cut it (it was hot and she doesn't use fondant - which means it tastes better) but we didn't care because we got the photos we wanted and it still tasted great! The next day everyone was raving about how delicious our cake was.

Sent on 09/17/2016

Lara · Married on 08/06/2016

Marion is a true artist and a gracious professional. She created a work of art exactly how we envisioned our perfect cake. And her sugar flowers belong in a museum. AND the cake was delicious!!! She generously and professional made the wedding day coordination very easy and went the extra mile.

Sent on 04/20/2017

Marion at VT Sweet Tooth was such a pleasure to work with! She is professional, personal, and dedicated to working with you to make the perfect cake for your event. Her work was beyond my expectations! The bitch tree cake was not only beautiful but looked so realistic! I couldn't believe the detail that went in to creating the cake! We were thrilled she was able to add to our wedding making it the perfect day! We would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Keely · Married on 07/09/2016

Marion and her cakes are just the best! We were planning our wedding from out of state, so I actually tasted Marion's work for the first time the day of our wedding. We had initially been undecided about the wedding dessert, but then my parents went to a tasting at our venue and came back absolutely raving about Marion's cupcakes. My mom said the vanilla bourbon cake with maple buttercream was the best cake she'd ever had, and she was right.
    We changed our plans and ordered a small cutting cake and three types of cupcakes--lemony snicket, chocolate chunk, and the bourbon vanilla. I am SO glad we did as the dessert became one of my favorite aspects of the day and what my guests are still raving about even weeks later.
    The cutting cake was stunning. I was very vague about what I wanted and Marion did beautiful work crafting a stunning white anemone for the top of the cake using my wedding colors. It was so elegant and beautifully detailed. It was such a pleasant surprise to see the beautiful flower the morning of my wedding.
    The cupcakes themselves were incredibly popular at our wedding, to the point that we nearly didn’t eat any ourselves because they disappeared so quickly. The cake itself is the most flavorful cake I’ve ever had and the icing is perfect. I’ve attended many weddings over the past year and I have seen so many wedding cakes go uneaten by dancing guests because they are pretty flavorless and people aren’t willing to stop dancing or eat more after a full meal. That was not the case at our wedding! My husband and I managed to grab the last two cupcakes left at our wedding and people asked us later that week where they could order more.
    We are so glad and thankful that Marion was a part of our wedding day. You can’t find a nicer or higher quality vendor to work with. Thank you, Marion!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Charmaine · Married on 07/02/2016

Marion was amazing! The cake was absolutely gorgeous with every detail perfected- our guests were taking pictures of it instead of eating it at first! It was even more beautiful than I imagined, and the personal touches were fantastic. But the taste, THE TASTE- I always thought wedding cakes were mostly for looks, but I have never tasted a cake so moist and delicious. Marion is so easy to work with, and the her prices are extremely reasonable. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/04/2016

Marion was fantastic to work with from the very start! She was so welcoming and kind during our cake tasting and really made it a one of a kind experience. Not only do her pictures clearly show how talented she is with decorating cakes, her gum paste flowers are out of this world, but I have never tasted better cakes in my entire life. Throughout our wedding we received multiple compliments on how beautiful our cake was and then when they tasted it they were even more impressed! Marion works extremely hard to make each cake unique to the client, is extremely professional, and clearly cares greatly for each of her clients. I have recommended her to family members and would definitely use her again!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Ariana · Married on 06/11/2016

Marion at Vermont Sweet Tooth was absolutely amazing! She was always there to help with any questions and her cakes and cupcakes were beautiful! Every guest was raving about how delicious the cupcakes were. I am allergic to gluten so our wedding cake was gluten free and you would never be able to tell. It was yummy! She designed pink peonies for the top of the cake that you could not tell were made out of sugar. Every guest was taking pictures of them because they looked so real. We could not have been happier. Thank you Marion!!

Love,
    Ariana & Scott

Sent on 06/15/2016

Tracey · Married on 06/11/2016

We chose to have cupcakes instead of a cake for our wedding, and are very happy we chose Vermont Sweet Tooth. Marion met with us beforehand and had 3 flavors for us to taste. They were all so good that we chose all of them! We had 100 cupcakes for a 70 person wedding and by the end of the night they were all gone!!! We received so many compliments. Thank you Marion!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Jessie · Married on 05/22/2016

As for design:
    Amy and I knew from the start we wanted a birch log cake. The thing was, finding someone who could execute the look of it. Well, needless to say, Marion definitely can do that! We absolutely LOVED the cake design, it was everything I have ever dreamed of. Before we cut the cake, and even after, everyone I talked to ranted and raved over how incredibly gorgeous the cake was! I told them it really wasn't hard to find the baker, because on every site I looked at, VT Sweet Tooth was always first to pop up.

As for flavor:
    The guests loved the lomny-snicket that she did (one of the three she does in her tasting), there was NONE left by the end of the night! I didn't even get any! Haha! The other flavor we did was her chocolate chunk (which is another from her tasting she does). My wife LOVES chocolate, but still is picky somehow on what she likes. She told me when we left our tasting that we HAD to get that for our flavor. Marion was also really accommodating to us. I told my then fiance that I would agree to chocolate as our main flavor, if somehow they could make it into an orange chocolate. Marion incorporated it into the icing, so it was just enough to taste, and it tasted awesome. She got an A+ from me! We really didn't know if the guests would care for the orange chocolate, but it was also a big hit.

Also, Amy and I knew we wanted someone who was going to incorporate positiveness into our day. We wanted to keep with "good vibe" people. From the moment we got to her place, we just knew she was that kind of person. She is such a sweet lady, and I will recommend her hands down to ANYONE.

Marion,
    Thank you so much for making our dream cake come true!!
    Love,
    Jessie and Amy

Sent on 05/27/2016

Hillary · Married on 10/10/2015

She did such a great job and creating my dream cake! Was great to work with and really listened to what I wanted. All the guests are still talking about how beautiful it was and how good it tasted! The best cake I have ever had!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Meg · Married on 10/10/2015

We had Marion do our wedding cupcakes. She was wonderful! I am down in Boston and she even shipped our tasting to us! The cupcakes tasted amazing and looked perfect! I highly recommend using Marion if you are getting married in the Stowe area

Sent on 11/14/2015

Laura · Married on 10/03/2015

We had the best experience working with Marion Peer of Vermont Sweet Tooth in Stowe, VT! The wedding cake she created was so beautiful and delicious! We chose a unique design inspired by my wedding dress. She created the cake of our dreams, just what we imagined! I still have the delicate sugar flowers she made by hand. To commemorate our one year anniversary Marion plans on making us another cake! This is such a special touch. You can see and taste how much love goes into the cake.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Lisa · Married on 09/26/2015

Going into the whole wedding cake experience, we thought it was going to be very simple- vanilla or chocolate and white icing. This was so far from reality when it came to having your cake designed and created by Marion of Vermont Sweet Tooth. It was truly an experience that we will always remember. We sat with Marion in her beautiful kitchen and talked not only about cake, but also ourselves. In turn, the cake we received was very special and personalized just for us with amazing sugar work! Her sugar flowers are so life like and beautiful, and are a keepsake. Not only did the cake look amazing, it was delicious! We had so many people compliment on how great the cake was- very moist and the frosting was the perfect buttery sweetness. I highly recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth- it was probably one of my favorite experiences of the whole “planning” process and it turned just chocolate or vanilla into a very memorable experience

Sent on 12/05/2015

Rose · Married on 09/12/2015

Marion,

Thank you so much for everything. Our cutting cake was 'out of this world.' It looked so real and tasted so delicious.

I emailed Marion pretty late in the game, essentially I was (what felt like) begging someone to make us a cutting cake. Marion was busy with a lot of orders and yet she still said yes to us. And how lucky we were that she did!!
    Marion was very quick to get back to emails and we scheduled a cake tasting quickly. We arrived at her adorable home in Stowe and tried some of the best cake's Jack and I both agree that we've ever had!
    You can not go wrong with any selection you make.
    We looked through Marion's portfolio - which is incredible. She is better than anyone on Cake Boss etc. Her work is realistic - as in our cutting cake actually looked like the bark of a tree - and the flowers, although made of sugar, resembled actual flowers! She is so talented and dedicated to the work she does.

We ended up going with one layer of bourbon vanilla bean and a second layer of chocolate fudge chunk. To die for. Everyone at the wedding thought our cake was an actual tree and when they tasted it were in heaven.
    During the cutting of our cake, we just kept feeding each other bites - it was that good.

Marion also has edible sparkles imported from France that she can add to her deserts. It is fancy and delicious.

We highly recommend booking with Marion! She is trustworthy, creative, makes delicious cakes that your guests will never be able to stop talking about (trust me), and she can create some incredible pieces of artwork with your cake if you so desire.

Thank you for everything, Marion! You are truly one of a kind and we are so glad we found you. Thank you for making our day just that more special. I am so glad you were a part of it :)

Rose & Jack

Sent on 09/16/2015
  • I

Isabel · Married on 07/18/2015

Marion's cakes are AMAZING; equally delicious as they are beautiful. Our guests had her "lemony snicket" cupcakes which she makes with freshly squeezed orange juice and her "vanilla bean bourbon" cupcakes. We received SO many unsolicited compliments about how delicious they were. We had her 6 inch birch bark cake as a cutting cake, which was decorated with a stargazer lily (per my request) made out of sugar paste. Again, so beautiful. She was a pleasure to work with and it is obvious that she takes great pride and pleasure in her creations. Marion was incredibly responsive to my emails and was very diligent about making sure my wishes were accommodated. I would recommend her without reservation and we will certainly be reaching out to her for "special occasion" cakes in the future.

Sent on 08/26/2015

There aren't enough superlatives to describe our wonderful experience with Marion Peer and Vermont Sweet Tooth. The wedding cake was amazing in all ways. We had two different kinds--a lemon one and a maple one. Both were absolutely delicious, and everyone raved about how good they were. The flowers that decorated them were spectacular, unlike any decorative flowers on cakes I've ever seen. The detail on the flowers was exquisite, clearly the work of an artist. Working with Marion was as amazing as the cake. Marilyn was extraordinarily nice. She was always available to answer questions and give advice. She was friendly, caring, reassuring, and thoughtful. I'm not sure I ever had a business relationship with anyone who was as wonderful as she was. My only regret was that I didn't get to meet her in person. In short, I highly recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth and Marion Peer.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Crystal · Married on 07/04/2015

Marion is FABULOUS!
    Her cake tastes equally as fabulous!
    If you want a memorable dessert for you and your guests, Vermont Sweet Tooth is the way to go!

Sent on 07/26/2015

sarah · Married on 07/04/2015

My experience with wedding cakes is that they are usually an afterthought that no one really eats at the wedding. I wish my guests hadn't eaten the cake because it would have been more for me to take home! Marion's cake is truly the best cake I have eaten. I am still thinking and dreaming about the wedding cake :) At the cake tasting I had to restrain myself from inhaling the samples she gave us to try. On top of the cake being out of this world (go with the bourbon vanilla and chocolate fudge cake!), Marion is a true artist. Our guests did not believe the flower on the cake was sugar because it was so realistic. I am disappointed that we do not live closer, as I would order cakes from Marion for every occasion, if I could!

Sent on 08/03/2015