Ventura Rental Party & Events Reviews

Ventura Rental Party & Events 2
  • Britney

Britney Zavada · Married on 04/05/2019

Beautiful Rentals for Good Value

Ventura Party Rentals was used for our wedding in a greenhouse where we had to bring everything in. They had all the basic rental needs we required (chairs, tables, flatware and more) as well as responded to last minute needs such as needing heaters. Our planner worked with them mainly, but we were always able to get a new quote put together quickly and they were flexible with the changes we made. Would highly recommend to use as a local SB/Ventura rental company.

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • User3763459 · Recently married

They were great!

Ventura Rentals has a good selection, good pricing, and good customer service. They delivered on everything that we asked.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Tracey · Married on 07/22/2017

Ventura Rental did a great job for us on our wedding – they gave a very competitive rate, worked with our venue on specific delivery requirements, and had a great range of items that helped us create the vibe we wanted for our big day. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking to put on an event, but definitely a wedding. I was able to make changes right up to the week before as we realized we needed more of some things and less of others. They were prompt, professional, and made it super easy.

Sent on 10/01/2017

Danielle · Married on 06/04/2016

We picked a wedding venue that required us to bring in everything from tablescapes to kitchen equipment. Ventura Rental and Amanda came highly recommended to us by both our coordinator and our caterer. Our experience with Amanda and VR was seamless and easy as could be. We especially appreciated Amanda coming to our site walk through, and overseeing the delivery/set-up at our event – we felt like they were invested in our happiness and success of our wedding. Their selection of tables, tableware and linens were gorgeous and reasonably priced. Their delivery/set-up staff were kind, hardworking and incredibly respectful. Thanks VR and Amanda for helping to make our wedding weekend a success!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Phil · Married on 01/29/2016

Dear Heidi & Shawna,
    Thank-you so much for making our sons wedding magical. Your team turned a challenging day (El Nino rain) into a perfect day as your suggestion to add the tent was perfect. Working with your team over the month's and their attention to details paid off in spades!! At the end-of-the-day words can never express how happy everyone was.
    Thank-you again and we look forward to our next event with you.
    Phil

Sent on 02/10/2016

Petra · Married on 10/17/2015

The communication was great and the men that brought the rentals were great and efficient. The next time I would pay more for set up and take down, a little less for my family members to do.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Beth · Married on 08/22/2015

Really great people! The delivery went smoothly and we had a large wedding at a large house and had to bring EVERYTHING in, including the kitchen and chairs and tables and heaters and the works! Ventura was great, they met with me at the property several times and gave great suggestions and were very professional. The delivery guys were also very polite and careful with the house and everything. Very happy with them! Highly recommend, were better in price than some other SB rental companies for the exact same thing so get a quote from them!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Lauren · Married on 07/31/2015

My husband and I are so happy with everything Ventura Rental Party Center did for our wedding! Heidi and her team are extremely profession and flexible - I probably emailed them every single day the last few months leading up to our wedding with questions/comments and they always promptly responded. I highly recommend working with Ventura Rental Party Center - you will be happy you did!

Sent on 08/28/2015

Lily · Married on 10/04/2014

Ventura Rental was recommended by our wedding coordinator, my husband and I were very happy with the results. It is easy to get carried away with the rentals, it's all very beautiful & when you have to multiply every fork/plate/glass by 100, it adds quickly, fortunately Ventura Rental was not the kind of place where they try to upsell you on everything. We met Heidi, who was amazing! The first thing we did was talk about the overall concept of the wedding: classic, natural & romantic. She did a great job guiding us towards things that were within our budget & also pointed out a few places where the upgrade would have the most impact. They have a great showroom that carries a variety of styles & great vignettes for inspiration, it is not a large space but they great inventory. Heidi has great taste & made excellent recommendations, she even consulted with us about our centerpieces & gave us some great ideas.

On our wedding day everything looked beautiful together and it was exactly as I had imaged it. I feel like we got a really good value & made a smart decision by hiring Ventura Rental.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Ventura Rental was the best. They knew I was on a budget and really made some great suggestions that helped me actually come in under-budget...and still have a classy wedding. Thanks Ventura Rental.

Sent on 12/31/2013

Christie · Married on 08/10/2013

Doing a DIY wedding can be stressful and full of little details that could easily be forgotten, but Amanda Casner at Ventura Rental Party Center made everything flawless. She had great insight on things that I could have easily overlooked and really listened to what I had to say to help me create what I had envisioned. She was prompt when responding to me and always pleasant and professional. Thank you Amanda for helping me make my wedding stunning!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Marlene · Married on 10/22/2011

We initially met Heidi, from Ventura Rentals, when we thought we would be having our wedding at a private residence. She came and gave us great ideas and also a very detailed estimate.
    Later, we decided we would have our wedding at a country club and decided that we only needed linens. They were just as helpful when we changed our order to only the linens.

Sent on 11/04/2011

Jaime · Married on 10/09/2005

They worked with our budget, and helped me create our vision for our wedding.

Sent on 06/06/2008

Samantha · Married on 05/21/2005

Great customer service! They have a fabulous selection for a variety of price points and are very accomodating. They did not have the exact table runners I had imagined in my head, so they made them just for me at no additional cost to the regular rental price of the runners. I used square plates and they had plenty of options for me. Everything was clean, crisp, and right on time - I have absolutely zero complaints!!!

Sent on 08/12/2008
  • User4333871 · event on: 12/25/2013

This is a great company to work with. They are very friendly and make you feel like you are special. I love their selection of party tables, chairs, table settings and linens. High quality products, on-time delivery and pickup after the party. Great prices, great value.

Sent on 08/19/2014

eli · Married on 04/21/2018

Ventura Rentals was a joy to work with. Amanda and her team are complete pros at what they do, and the selection available at VRC is both beautiful and affordable. From the initial consultation through to the final post-wedding rentals pickup in Ojai, we were consistently impressed with how easy they made the process.

Sent on 07/07/2018

Ventura Rental Party & Events's reply:

Eli-
    Thank you so much for the kind words. We very much appreciate your trust in Ventura Rental and our Senior Event Consultant, Amanda. We were so honored to share in your special day!

Cheers-
    Ventura Rental Party & Events

We used Ventura Rental Center for all of our rentals for our wedding in Montecito, CA, other than the dinner tables (because they were sold out of the style we wanted) and the linens (because we used La Tavola, who had more selection and were cheaper). Their office team met with me at their rental showroom and a month later at the venue site to do a walk through and help us identify rental items that were missing from our order. Nicole was very helpful in adding and subtracting items from our order as we made decisions during the wedding planning process, and their prices were very competitive. The delivery team was on time the day before the wedding, and unpacked all items as requested. Unfortunately, the truck hit a small rock retaining wall at our venue on the way out, but Ventura Rentals took care of our bill for the repairs in a professional manner. Be sure to have your catering team count all kitchen/serving-ware/glassware items when they are unpacked, to make sure all items ordered were actually delivered and returned - as the bride you won't have time to do this as items are delivered.

Sent on 01/04/2014

Alicia · Married on 07/04/2016

Very quick to respond! Arrival time was fantastic!! I planned this out of state and the table linen was the perfect shades for my wedding!! Very happy with service!!

Sent on 07/15/2016
  • Kourtney

Kourtney · Married on 09/10/2011

Ventura Rental had an amazing selection at great prices and I was thrilled with how beautifully everything came together on my wedding day. Looking at a bunch of samples was hard for me because i couldn't visualize how it should look but the staff there (Georgia and Heidi) were amazing and really helped me see the big picture. They gave great instructions and I really valued their professional opinions about what we ended up renting. Thank you very much for helping make our wedding one in a million

Sent on 09/27/2011

Renee · Married on 07/06/2013

Amanda at Ventura Rental Party Center was terrific with linen suggestions, sending sample fabric swatches, and special ordering linens that were perfect for our Paramount Ranch Wedding Venue. The linens were gorgeous and not the run of the mill rental linens. She was charming, easy to work with and knew every detail about size/drop. She made sure we had linen for every table when we were often changing our minds. I would highly recommend this venue. Delivery and pick up were on time
    and professional.
    The quote and contracts were detailed and in order. Weddings can be hectic with so many details and often unexperienced People with urgent needs and no Idea of how to accomplish their vision. I cannot encourage you enough to let Amanda and the staff at Ventura Rental Party Center step in and solves your linen needs.
    Renee F.

Sent on 07/16/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda Beaudry Yee · Married on 11/17/2018

3.6
      3.0

Beautiful rentals but left me uneasy about their service

Big picture—rentals were delivered and set up on time, their items are beautiful quality and Nicole was responsive and easy to communicate with leading up to the event.

Problems—1) A week before our event they let us know they didn’t have enough goblets that we chose months before. 2) They left our venue late (I think they might have been setting up for a event the next day) so we had money taken out of our deposit from the venue—I told them this and they refunded me the amount which was nice 3) Somehow, a case of wine glasses went completely missing after our event. I obviously wasn’t there, but both the planner and caterer said that no one saw or heard about any missing glasses. They charged us $300 for these missing glasses but I feel that that is not good customer service for someone who just gave you $4k in rental revenue, you have no proof it was anyone at the weddings fault (broke on truck? Your staff lost them?) If there was evidence that they broke or even if they would have asked my coordinator or caterer about the glasses and had people look for them, I would feel better about it. But in the end even after fighting for it, they gave me 1/2 off the cost so I ended up paying $167 for the mysterious wine glass disappearance. Still doesn’t sit well with me to this day and I would not recommend or book them again after this experience.

Sent on 03/12/2019
    Ventura Rental Party & Events 3
    Ventura Rental Party & Events 4

Stephanie · Married on 04/13/2014

3.4
      3.0

Don't get me wrong, Ventura Party rental did their job and the wedding looked fantastic. Dishes were clean, glassware was spotless and the guys setting/cleaning up worked quickly and efficiently.

I had challenges getting a few people to respond to me which is the reasons for the service, responsiveness and professionalism scores. I had to email a few representatives a few times because they were not getting back to me. However, my main issued was when I did a revision and took off rentals once I got my final count I got my new totals and prices had went up and labor charges went up by 4 hours as well. (Wedding was on a Sunday when they are closed so I was already paying higher labor charges than normal). Prices were adjusted back as they had recently raised rates..but that should have been caught when revising my contract at the locked in rates. Attention to detail was lacking. When I asked why the labor went up when I removed quite a few items there was no explanation given only that the labor is an estimate. However, that wasn't good enough for me as I took items off, not added! So Ashley offered me 10% off and leaving the extra labor she added on. I took a look at the new contract and the 10% savings was on maybe 7 items totaling less than $50..which apparently was supposed to make up for the extra $140 that she tacked on for extra labor? Nope. I asked her to take off the discount and take off the extra labor which she did but after she had annoyed me to the point that I wanted to change rental companies all together.

Georgia on the other hand was pleasant and professional to work with and I felt a lot better about working with the company after working with her.

They let my in-laws pick up the napkins early so we could fold the day before which was great.

The product was great, service could be improved.

Sent on 04/21/2014

3.2
      2.0
      3.0

Overall our experience working with Ventura Rentals was fine up to the wedding. They have a nice inventory though they did deliver the wrong item for one of our selections (bowls were too small for dessert).

Unfortunately after the wedding I found their customer service to be pretty frustrating. It took them a month and a half and several phone calls to refund money owed to us for unused items. Then, they deducted some money for damaged items, but didn't tell us until I noticed a price discrepancy. We spent a lot of money on rentals with them and I would have expected a better experience on their end.

Sent on 11/22/2015

Bethany · Married on 06/25/2011

1.4
      2.0
      1.0
      2.5
      0.5
      1.0

Hours late delivering tables and chairs....a day late to pick everything up.They had messed up the delivery address. The worst vendor of my wedding.

Sent on 07/02/2011