Velvet Alley Events Reviews

Velvet Alley Events 4
Velvet Alley Events 5
Velvet Alley Events 6
Velvet Alley Events 7

Soltana and Candace were amazing. We worked with Soltana through the beginning process. She was very on top of things and made it easy on us, especially towards the end. Both her and Candace made the day of so fun. They made sure everything went smoothly and let us just enjoy the night.

Sent on 06/25/2016

Genesis · Married on 05/28/2016

We got married at Eden Gardens and they had a package that included a day-of-coordinator with Velvet Alley Events. I am SOOO HAPPY that it was a part of the package because the Velvet Alley Events team was awesome! We had Soltana as our coordinater and we absolutely loved her! She is so sweet, kind and bubbly! We ended up spending a little more to keep Soltana and her team with us till the end of our wedding and to clean up and help pack up the cars. It was money well spent and so worth it! It gave us and our family the time to relax and enjoy our wedding. I made a ton of DIY stuff for our wedding and Soltana and the team were so accommodating to everything and were so helpful with setting everything up and making the day run smoothly.

We highly recommend Velvet Alley Events!

Genesis & Marshall Lucas

Sent on 07/18/2016

Britney · Married on 05/14/2016

My Husband and i were married May 14, 2016 and we couldn't have been happier with the service, communication and flexibility we experienced with velvet alley events. Our initial communication was with Soltana she was wonderful!! She was so professional and flexible with any changes we made throughout the wedding planning process and her being our coordinator on our big day made such a difference! All was precisely on time and amazing! I was so happy with this company! Definitely would recommend Velvet Alley Events to friends and family!!!

Sent on 05/23/2016

David · Married on 05/08/2016

My wife and I were married May 8, 2016 and used them for our wedding.
    From start to finish the service was excellent!
    Our wedding was perfect and so was the venue.
    We really received great help from Soltana and Amanda. Both are great at what they do!
    Highly recommended using them for any event!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Matthew · Married on 05/07/2016

We all know that when it comes to planning for the big day there are a million things and details that are required to execute the perfect day. You need to plan in advance and work with all sorts of vendors to make sure they understand the vision of what you wish on your big day. We found Soltana and Velvet Alley Events through our venue, and haven’t looked back since. From the very beginning we were impressed with the price of service and all the details that were asked. Soltana took her time with us to get an understanding of what we were expecting and gave us suggestions on how to make our lives easier in the long run. She was also available for questions months before our big day. We were in constant contact with her, to let her know the progress of all aspects. We honestly couldn’t have had a better person to help work with us and help us on our big day. In the days leading up to our big day, Soltana reached out to all of our vendors to gather a timeline and let them know of the events of the day. Soltana and her team were nothing less than stellar, they were able to setup and tear down and were able to make our big day exactly how we envisioned it. If you are looking for a team to make your perfect day…perfect, then look no further and reach out to Soltana and Velvet Alley Events, you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 05/10/2016

Marc · Married on 04/16/2016

My husband Eric and I are profoundly grateful to Soltana and the Velvet Alley Events team for their work in creating the wedding of our dreams. VAE was with us every step of the way, from the planning stages, to working with our vendors, and most especially, executing our day-of flawlessly. Soltana got to know us from the Day One and knew exactly what our vision was for the wedding. But she also captured our personalities in every aspect of our wedding... from the type of music we and our guests wanted, to the decor and table presentation, to the overall feel. On the days leading up to the wedding, Soltana made us feel at ease and coordinated every detail with our venue and every single vendor, and created a timeline of the day. There was never a moment that we felt rushed, or panicked, or unhappy. She went beyond the call of duty on our rehearsal and wedding day to take time to remind us that nothing else mattered but enjoying every second of our wedding day. And we did! Her upbeat personality, sense of humor, and vast knowledge and understanding of her craft is truly impressive. We want to say Thank You, from the bottom of our newly married hearts, to Velvet Alley Events for an unforgettable day.

Sent on 04/19/2016

SCOTT · Married on 02/06/2016

WHEN MY DAUGHTER (AND SON IN LAW) TOLD ME THEY WERE GETTING MARRIED I THOUGH, "I DON'T NEED A COORDINATOR, HOW HARD COULD IT BE?" WITHIN 4 HOURS I KNOW I NEEDED A COORDINATOR. WE ASKED AROUND, AN MY SON IN LAW IS IN THE EVENT BUSINESS AND ONE NAME CAME TO MIND "SOLTANA'. I COULD WRITE PAGES ON HOW TERRIFIC SHE WAS TO WORK WITH. HERE ARE THE HIGH NOTES:
    1) ALWAYS AVAILABLE.
    2) LISTENS.
    3) WORKS HARDER TO SAVE YOU MONEY VS. SPENDING.*
    4) NOTHING IS CUT, ABLE TO INCORPORATE EVERYTHING SEAMLESSLY.
    5) MAKES THE HARD DECISIONS LOGICAL.
    6) MANAGES/COACHES YOU THRU THE PEOPLE PROBLEMS.
    7) GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR.

PROFESSIONAL & CAPABLE PEOPLE MAKE THINGS LOOK EASY, WE NEVER HEARD "I CANNOT GET TO IT" OR "I'M HELPING SOMEONE ELSE" YET WE KNOW SHE HAS MANY MANY EVENTS. AN EXAMPLE OF A BAD THING SHE MANAGED WAS WHEN A GUEST MISTOOK THE WEDDING CAKE AS PART OF THE CANDY DISPLAY AND TOOK A PIECE, BEFORE THE CAKE CUTTING. SHE JUST LOOKED AT ME AND SAID, "WE CAN DEAL WITH THIS AND TURNED THE CAKE AROUND SAYING "THEY WILL FIX IN THE PHOTOS, LET MOVE ON" AND WHAT HAPPENED, WE TURNED THE CAKE AROUND AND IT WAS NO BIG DEAL. "LEADERSHIP" WAY TO SOLTANA....

AFTER ALL SHE DID AND THE WAY SHE COORDINATED THE VENDORS, I WOULD NEVER PLAN AN EVENT WITHOUT HER.

SCOTT HUSTED
    FATHER OF THE BRIDE

*I ESTIMATED SHE SAVED US FOUR TIMES THE AMOUNT OF HER FEE MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICES AND CHOOSING THE BEST VENDORS.

Sent on 02/08/2016

Heather · Married on 02/06/2016

Soltana and her team were amazing! They made everything go so smooth and it was just an overall great experience. I would recommend her over and over!

Sent on 03/04/2016

Talar · Married on 10/24/2015

We recently got married and I have to say Soltana and her team made it HAPPEN. Soltana is an effective communicator. She stays on top of you until she gets your timeline and all its components complete. She is so responsive, via text, e-mail and telephone. She is on your side and does everything to ensure your wedding vision comes to life. She is very flexible in her meeting hours and does everything in her power to make it easier on the bride and groom. Jessica is AWESOME. She is very helpful and so respectful. She made sure I was happy and taken care of on my special day. She set up the venue so beautifully. We didn't have to worry about a single thing on our special day. It was about us and our guests. We knew we were in good hands with Soltana and her amazing team. It was so sweet of Jessica, she came to grab me from the bridal suite just so we can see the reception area before guests were seated. That was so special to me because we got to see it all right before the guests walked in. It was a special moment and we are so happy Jessica suggested it. THANKS SOLTANA, JESSICA AND TEAM FOR BEING AMAZING!!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Bethany · Married on 10/17/2015

If you are not sure whether to hire a wedding planner, stop thinking about and just do it. Bite the bullet. The best money spent on my wedding was hiring Soltana for month of wedding coordination. Things WILL go wrong on your wedding day. And having a wedding planner there to take care of it is the way to keep your day perfect. I had a bridesmaid not show up for the wedding, and Soltana handled it. I still had the perfect wedding day. Velvet Alley coordinators are very experienced and know how to problem solve. Soltana was perfect for us because she's very down to earth. So happy we made the choice to book Velvet Alley. Seriously, best decision for our wedding.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Maggie · Married on 10/03/2015

How much do I love Soltana? I LOVE Soltana. There are no words that could do enough justice in expressing how much I truly appreciate and respect Soltana and her team, and how they delivered for me both on my wedding day and leading up to it. About halfway through my wedding planning process, I started to feel a bit overwhelmed, really needing someone to help me cross all my T's and dot my I's, so to speak. My florist referred me to Soltana at Velvet Alley Events and, quite honestly, it was love at first email! Soltana is, to put it simply, on top of her s**t 24/7, and was there for me for every single frantic email and call, be it early in the morning or late at night. Like me, her approach to business is both calming and assertive; she was kind and fun to work with, but I always felt I was in the best hands and knew she'd take care of the job. She pays impeccable attention to detail, and really makes you feel like everything that is important to you is just as important to her. Not only was my wedding more beautiful than I could have possibly imagined, but she ran the show from start of the rehearsal on Friday, to finish at midnight on Saturday with the utmost professionalism, all the while maintaining the sweet, gregarious personality that drew me to her in the first place. Not to mention, my husband said to me on the way home, "Hiring her was the best thing we did - she NAILED it." And he is absolutely right. If there were 10 stars to give, Soltana and team would have them. I cannot say enough good things!!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Shawn · Married on 09/04/2015

They did an amazing job! Everything went perfectly. So glad we decided to use them for our wedding!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/15/2015

Absolutely amazing to have worked with Velvet Alley Events! Soltana is a master event planner! My husband & I met w/ her a few times to go over all the details. She is HIGHLY detailed, organized, & has tons of experience. She gave us all kinds of tips. And when I felt stuck w/ something she made me feel at ease (I can be technical & emotional). We knew we were in good hands! On the week of the wedding Soltana provided a final timeline & when I reached out to her about follow up w/ the vendors it had been done already! Again, she gave me entire peace of mind - she was awesome!! She was included w/ our venue but we hired her for a couple more hours so we wouldn't have to worry about a thing & enjoy our special occasion to the fullest & we did. Candace was our actual day of coordinator & she was at our last meeting with Soltana so we knew exactly who we were going to be working with. She was fantastic directing our rehearsal & communicated constantly on all things on our big day! Such a pleasure :)
    With the exception of a couple of hiccups & delay (florist), our day was perfect! Immensely wonderful experience. SOOO HAPPY & grateful we got to work with them! THANK YOU SO MUCH VELVET ALLEY EVENTS! Blessings to you!!!!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Jennifer · Married on 08/15/2015

Velvet Alley Events provided day-of coordination services for our August 2015 wedding at Walnut Grove. Soltana and her team were extremely thorough and hardworking.

We met with Soltana one month before our wedding to discuss the details of our event, and based on our discussion and forms, she completed a detailed wedding day itinerary that she circulated to our vendors. On the morning before our wedding, Soltana met with us at the venue, where she walked our wedding party and families through the rehearsal and answered our last minute questions.

On our wedding day, Soltana and her assistants were already at the venue by the time we arrived for photos, and we were really impressed by all they had already accomplished. Before our guests arrived, they set up our guest book, seating cards, programs, favors, lawn games, "sofreh" items (for Persian ceremony), votives, cake stands and plates for the dessert table, and a whole bunch of other decorative items. At the end of the night, they packed everything back up in the vans we rented (at Soltana's very wise recommendation). We were so appreciative of all of the effort and hard work that Velvet Alley Events put into making our day so special!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Lauren · Married on 07/31/2015

My husband and I are SO happy we had the pleasure to work with Velvet Alley Events! Soltana was great from our first meeting to the minute I left my venue the night of our wedding. She helped me figure out details along the way and was truly there to listen if I needed help. My guests even commented on how great Soltana was! She helped make our wedding absolutely perfect!!!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Adam · Married on 07/18/2015

without the help of Soltana and Jessica, our wedding would not have been the same. We had to deal with making a hard decision of moving our ceremony inside due to rain, Jessica jump to action and made it all work along with the help of our florist. She made the whole event run smooth and just made it more enjoyable for us and all of our guest. We have nothing but good things to say about the service and would only recommend them, just absolutely perfect.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Soltana and the rest of the team were extremely helpful during the whole process and planning for my husband and I's big day! We could not have done it without them. They were attentive to our every need, very well organized, and overall amazing! Our wedding was extravagant and so beautiful. With a big family like ours I didn't think it was possible to handle it all, but Velvet Alley Events knew exactly what they were doing. I couldn't have chosen a better coordinator to plan the best day of our life.

Sent on 08/29/2015

Reyna · Married on 07/11/2015

What can I say! 5 stars isn't even enough! Soltana was such a blessing to us and we couldn't be more pleased with her services! She made everything about our wedding planning experience that much more enjoyable and most of all provided my husband and I with peace of mind. She got us out of sticky situations and always had a solution to everything and anything. Soltana comes highly recommended and I feel so fortunate to have had her guide us through our special day. I know its only a matter of time before she blows us huge and we will be ale to say we had her !! If youre looking for someone you can count on at anytime youve found the right person. Always just an email or text message away. Soltana maintains a level of professionalism while still making you feel comfortable as if youre talking to a friend. Do yourself a favor and find room for her in your budget, trust me it'll be the best money youll invest in your wedding day or any event for that matter.

Soltana youre amazing ! I cant wait to work with you again!

Sent on 07/18/2015

Sara · Married on 07/04/2015

Soltana and her team at Velvet Alley Events are absolutely amazing! After deciding on a small backyard wedding, we knew that we needed to hire someone to help us. After meeting with another coordinator that I was not happy with, I met with Soltana and knew she was the one! Soltana is friendly, calm, organized and a great listener. She got my vision and wasn’t trying to change it like the other coordinator. She is great at returning phone calls promptly and responding to emails. Soltana offered us great tips and vendors to help us stay within our budget. Soltana knows what she is doing and is constantly thinking ahead. For example, on my wedding day I was concerned about my place cards staying in place due to a slight breeze. When I went out to express my concern to her she told me not to worry and that they had already came up with a plan. She went back to her office, got some purple ribbon and beautiful broaches to tack them down to the table, and it looked great! It was SO nice not to have to sweat the small stuff and know that she had everything under control. Our wedding was perfect! Soltana and her assistant were there hours prior making sure everything was set up exactly how we wanted it and they didn’t leave until everything was put away. I know that we couldn’t have done it without her and I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Shaylee · Married on 06/27/2015

Soltana and her team did and amazing job for our wedding. From helping us find the best vendors, setting up appointments and then making sure everything went perfect the day of. Having complete peace of mind knowing that the little details that were important to us were being taken care of was worth every penny spent. They really listened to our vision, gave great advice, and really made the planning process stress free and seamless. Our family and friends were able to enjoy the day with us instead of worrying about name cards and decorations on the day of. All of the ladies are so sweet and very easy to work with, even waiting with me, checking hair and makeup moments before walking down the aisle. Choosing Velvet Alley Events was the best decision we made, thank you ladies for making it the perfect wedding day!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/20/2015

We had our wedding at Eden Gardens in June 2015. We worked with Soltana and her team for the event planning. She asked all the right questions to prepare for the event and was able to offer guidance/recommendations when we were lost. On the big day, Jessica and Jenee helped everything run seamlessly! We got numerous compliments how smoothly everything ran. Even our photographers commented that they had never seen a wedding run so smoothly. Thank you for a wonderful day!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Danielle · Married on 06/06/2015

Soltana was absolutely fantastic. Very reasonably priced and was there for me for a whole year prior to my wedding helping with vendor recommendations and other suggestions. Easy to get in contact with, friendly and reliable. My wedding went very smoothly ( at least to my knowledge ) and I have nothing but positive things to say about Soltana and Veltvet Alley . Thank you for putting all my wedding worries to ease and allowing me and my family truly enjoy the most amazing day!!!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Soltana and her team were amazing on my wedding day! I didn't have to worry about anything as she took care of every detail that needed to be done. I was able to enjoy my day without worries. I would definitely recommend her to everyone. Very professional and detailed. Soltana brought great creative ideas to the table and loved them! Thank you for making my day perfect!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Shayna · Married on 05/24/2015

Soltana and her team are simply amazing. From organization to attention to detail, they have it down. They made us feel well taken care of and were amazing with the last minute fixes. We could not have asked for a better team of people helping us on our big day. They helped us to exceed our expectations for our big day and for that we will always remember them and be thankful for them.

Sent on 05/25/2015

nadia · Married on 05/16/2015

Soltana and her team did a fabulous job organizing our wedding. Thanks to her team it came out beautiful and our guest loved it! We couldn't of asked for a better event planner.

Sent on 05/20/2015