Vellano Estate by Wedgewood Weddings Reviews

78 | Chino Hills, CA

78 Reviews for Vellano Estate by Wedgewood Weddings

• Claire

Claire · Married on 10/07/2011

Vellano is the most amazing place with amazing staff! It was the only place we actually went and looked at after tons of internet research. We booked on the spot. Nichole and Meghan were wedding savers! They were so helpful and accomidating. We opted for the coordinator and meghan was worth every penny! She was there to help bustle my dress, get my bridal party in order, make sure my husband had non-alcoholic drinks all night since he doesn't drink and make sure everything was running the way it should. I couldn't have asked for a better location and staff!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Madelon · Married on 07/30/2011

I had my wedding at Vellano Country Club in July 2011. It was AMAZING! The staff was friendly and helpful and the food was to die for! All of my guests complimented the dinner as well as the ambience. Nichole was so easy to work with and made sure everything was exactly how I had planned. I couldn't have asked for the day to go any better! My husband and I loved the venue and would recommend it to everyone! Nichole was quick to get back to emails and worked around my hectic schedule to plan appointments. The food was delicious! I have worked in the food and beverage industry for over 7 years and was so impressed with the quality of services provided by Vellano. If I had to do it all over again, I would not have changed a thing about where we got married.

Sent on 06/08/2012

Cindy · Married on 02/05/2011

The venue is beyond beautiful. Nichole is incredible. There is nothing I dislike about the Vellano Country Club. I highly recommend it!!!

Sent on 02/08/2011

Deleena · Married on 08/14/2010

I was so pleased with Vellano. My wedding was definitely a dream come true! Vellano was gorgeous, the food was excellent and the staff was perfect!

Sent on 09/28/2010

Lishya · Married on 05/23/2010

Gosh, how can I describe Vellano!!! It was our dream to have a beautiful, romantic, peaceful, and gorgeous wedding with unbelievably amazing staffs....Vellano it is!!!
    It was our best decision ever to have a wedding here. We were hunting from 5 different venues, and when we compared apples to apples, Vellano won!!! It has the winning point that they only do 1 wedding/day, so you don't feel rush if you have a daytime wedding, and you don't need to worry about the daytime wedding if you'd have a night wedding. Nichole Tudor was always great to us since our first meeting. She always prompted to all our emails and phone calls. Vellano didn't dime us on every single item. They have wonderful packages, but also can work with your budget. The ceremony place has a beautiful view, also the reception banquet, it has a very soft and elegant color. The foods are amazing!!!!!!! Their staffs are top knotch!! Madeleine (sp?), Nichole's right hand woman, was very accommodating through out the day. She even bustled my dress when we had a few moment between our ceremony and reception. She always made sure that we were right on track!
    All in all, if we would do it all over again, we would definitely do it in Vellano!!!

Sent on 06/17/2010

Elena · Married on 04/19/2015

A perfect place to have an intimate wedding,beautiful view in the top of the hills,Vellano team they have a good job helping us from our initial consultation up to our big day,my coordinator Whitney and the team they are friendly and understand the needs what we are looking for and accommodating every time we call,they did a great job and they gave what the client request,Whitney your the best,thank you....

Sent on 05/21/2015
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/04/2014

They were great. The coordinating team was on top of it. They helped with every question and need I had. My day went smooth and it was a wonderful experience. My husband and I feel we definitely had a great team helping us through our planning and wedding day experience. They can work with any budget and they vendors they use are also wonderful. All my guest enjoyed themselves and didn't have a single negative thing to say.

Sent on 12/05/2014

The staff at Vellano are extremely helpful and are so honest with what would be the best package/pricing based on what you've told them you want. I love that I was able to add or remove items from my package and I could do so up until 10 days before the event. I already knew a baker, photographer, and cinematographer, and I love that Vellano didn't force me to hire their vendors. Additionally, my family doesn't really drink, and Vellano allowed me to have a cash bar without being charged an additional fee to just have the bar open (like many other venues I looked at).

My only complaint is the DJ Service (JC Entertainment) was not worth the money. I had a terrible experience and would recommend hiring your own DJ.

Sent on 12/23/2013

Raphael · Married on 01/21/2012

Please keep in mind, this review is coming from the groom. No frills review.
    This place was top notch. Breathtaking views, beautiful landscapes and services delivered as promised. Our coordinator was Megan and she was terrific. Super friendly, down to earth yet still very professional. She took care of us every step of the way. She even made a special gluten-free kids meal for my niece. She also accommodated a ceremonial Korean dish offered during cocktail hour. The Country Club is in a gated community so you really felt special pulling up. Parking was no problem and plentiful. The space was perfect for our wedding size of about 125 people. The weather in Jan was a little cold for our guest to use the balcony so the space was a little crowded around the bar and 2nd floor foyer until the curtain was opened and the crowed moved into the dining room. The food was excellent! Guest had the choice of NY Strip, Roast chicken or Mushroom risotto. The room had great lighting and I’m happy that I convinced my wife not to purchase up lighting (waste of $$$). We ended at 10pm and could not be happier with our venue choice. Highly recommend.

Sent on 02/08/2012
  • Rae Marie

Rae M. · Married on 06/04/2011

Nichole Tudor is the greatest! She was very accommodating from price to decor. I didnt have a wedding coordinator but she helped me plan out my reception and answer any question I had. Her and her team were responsible for making sure the venue was set up exactly how I wanted it for our reception and the ballroom was absolutely gorgeous! The food was amazing and all our guests enjoyed what they had. My dad complained that only those at the bar really got to taste the hor d'oeuvres, but no one else I spoke to had complaints about cocktail hour. My husband really enjoyed their shrimp cocktail. For dinner, we chose the Tuscan Chicken and Braised Short Rib. At the end of the night I was tipsy and asked for a to go box of my food since I didnt get to eat much and they did without a question or even laughing at me. They also made sure I got back everything I brought to the venue. The assistants took care of me the whole night.

There is also AMAZING photo ops inside and outside the venue. There is a bridge that only the bride and groom go to and it is breathtaking. I LOVE this place!

Sent on 08/13/2011

Eileen · Married on 04/17/2011

We had our wedding at Vellano on a perfect April Sunday. The weather was amazing and the outdoor ceremony was all the more beautiful. My husband and I looked at a LOT of venues prior to deciding on Vellano. Vellano was by far one of the most beautiful venues. The drive up to the club is very scenic and the ceremony site is a rare on to have in SoCal (green, hills for miles). The reception room is also very elegant.

Nichole is a good coordinator and person to work with. She is on point and ensures that what needs to be done is done.

The food is excellent at Vellano!! I know a lot of brides and grooms do not get to eat very much during their wedding day but I made sure to get many bites of my meal! The cake was also delicious (the venue works with Some Crust in Claremont and another bakery in the OC).

The cocktail area is wonderful. It is upstairs by the reception room and guests have access to the terrace which showcases the club's wonderful view. reception room is wonderful. There is a separate bar area for guests to get their drinks and guests can also wander onto the terrace for fresh air.

I have nothing but good things to say about Vellano and would recommend this venue to any bride.

Sent on 05/16/2011

Alexsis · Married on 12/07/2009

In my opinion it is absolute perfect romantic location for a wedding.

Sent on 12/08/2009
  • Kc Tran

Kc Tran · Married on 02/16/2020

The smoothest wedding planning and wedding day ever!

I didn't even need a wedding planner! They have coordinators and vendors to help you along the way. Food, bar, photography, officiants, DJ, cake... everything was included in our package. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Special thanks to olivia, brooklyn, and elizabeth! What would I have done without them? They are so easy to work with and so so so so nice. We had no hiccups, nothing went wrong, everything went better than planned. I am honestly so grateful so got to have our wedding here.

Sent on 04/17/2020

Megan · Married on 12/13/2013

Best experience ever

While I was away @ College my Mom could plan my wedding along with the Staff @ Wedgewood Banquet--Madelone was "The Best "

Sent on 12/22/2013

Vellano gave an absolutely outstanding service and did everything to make our day extra special! They took care of everything the day of which allowed for us to enjoy our special day with friends and family! And... very affordable!

Sent on 06/21/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/10/2012

I really, really loved my reception at Vellano Country Club. It’s a beautiful place to hold a wedding and/or reception and people couldn’t stop talking about how amazing the food was. This entire Vellano experience for my wedding was really amazing, thanks to Nicole and Meghan, who organized my all the details prior to my reception, during the reception, and kept in contact with me through it all. These ladies are easy to work with, easy to contact if I had any questions, and really made me feel that my day was the most important day to them, too. Meghan really went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and I was enjoying every minute. This place isn’t the cheapest venue around, but it really floored my guests with how beautiful it was. I looked into a LOT of venues before I settled with Vellano, and they were all around the same price range, but Vellano really offers a lot more for “package” deals. We received SO much that it was really money well spent.

Sent on 03/27/2012

Michelle · Married on 01/23/2016

Beautiful venue! Food was great. Their service was pretty good. Too strict on certain things but it's understandable.

Sent on 04/15/2016
  • Q

Quinn · Married on 10/26/2013

We planned our wedding for more than a year and we picked this place for the location and price package options. We were very happy with the outcome of our wedding. From the ceremony to the reception, people were giving us compliments. Rose was very nice and responded to our emails in a timely manner. Veronica was very pleasant during our wedding reception. She took care of us and made sure that our food was perfect. I would recommend this place to future bride and groom.

Sent on 11/15/2013
  • davidandphoebe

Davidandphoebe · Married on 05/29/2010

What can I say... I just fell in love with this beautiful venue. This was a perfect place to have my dream wedding. Their catering manager was very professional and helpful.

I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 03/10/2011

Sungo · Married on 05/25/2013

3.5

We enjoyed our wedding at Vellano Country Club. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, overseeing the golf course and residence. The reception hall is elegant and very spacious for 175-200 people. Our guests had a great time, and the staff was very nice to our guests and vendors, helping us to make the wedding/reception go so smoothly. It was definitely a night that we will never forget, and it felt like the staff who were working our wedding really wanted us to have a great time.

A few things to note is that Vellano did not offer official taste tasting for the food. What they ended up doing for us was when another event was going on that was serving the same food we were interested in, we were allowed to come and try the food. Therefore, we had to go to the venue a couple of time to try the food before we could choose what we want. That being said, the food was very good and served beautifully.

Also, there was no dressing room for the men, so the guys didn't have a place to wait. We waited at the bar, but we were told we couldn't stay there since we were not members of the country club, so we had to wait outside at the balcony until the wedding started. Luckily for us, the weather was fantastic that day.

Overall, we loved having our wedding at Vellano and would recommend the venue to anyone. The country club is a beautiful location with many picturesque locations that make for fantastic wedding pictures. Thank you so much Vellano for giving us a wedding we can only dream about.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Annie · Married on 10/28/2011

The Pros: The Venue was beautiful and the food was great!
    The Cons: The service on the day of the wedding. I would not do this again at this venue without an outside planner. The assistant coordinator at the venue had a large roll in our day and left a lot to be desired. There's always going to be little mistakes or delays and we understand that, but to not serve our cake is heartbreaking. Forty five minutes after the cake cutting we realized the cake had not been served. We heard guest left because they didn't think the cake was being served. We could not find the coordinator. We had to go back to the kitchen and ask where the cake was? So about 20 people got cake and we never even saw the chocolate layer. Supposedly, they were busy cutting the whole cake up and not serving it.
    Bottom Line: This is a beautiful place to get married, but remember this place was not built for weddings. You will experience logistic issues and I highly recommend an outside planner.

Sent on 10/31/2011

Bink · Married on 12/01/2005

I have only been to a few parts of Chino Hills, but after Saturday, I now see why Snoop Dogg had a pad here. This part of Chino Hills is off tha chain! The bf and I had a wedding to attend here and even just making the drive up to the beautiful, gigantic wrought iron gates of the Vellano Country Club was breathtaking! Multi million dollar homes line the streets leading up to this exclusive country club. The community is gated, and you must be a guest, resident or a member in order to enter the gates. We were seriously impressed at the enormous homes and ballerific cars parked in front of the homes. We almost forgot why we were there. This review is just for the clubhouse of the country club, where my friend's wedding reception was located. Beautiful locale, complete with elevator and marble everything. Even the bathrooms were baller status! The bartenders and service personnel were provided by Vellano, and were excellent at mixing our drinks at the very generous all-night open bar (thanks, L&K!) and serving our champagne and wine selections. My glass was never empty ! Vellano also provided (I'm sure for a charge) a shuttle to drive anyone home who had too much to drink. Wow. Amazing! I don't know if you have to be a member of the Vellano to have a wedding here, but it is certainly a luxurious venue with outstanding service.

Sent on 04/15/2010

Jenny · Married on 08/08/2009

4.2

The perfect romantic location for a wedding. Nichole Tudor and the Vellano Staff were tremendously accomodating and professional. Not only did they help the event go smoothly but they did it with a smile and a great attitude. I look forward to many more events at Vellano Country Club!

Sent on 08/19/2009

Mark · Married on 10/13/2019

4.2

Nice Venue

Really nice venue in Chino Hills

Sent on 03/22/2019

Vellano Estate by Wedgewood Weddings's reply:

Hi Mark! We truly appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to be part of your wedding planning experience. We can’t wait to continue working with you and make your wedding day special!

3.5

we had amazing time at the Vellano. The venue was perfect for our very intimate wedding party. The staff were extremely helpful from beginning to end. the area for photos of the bride and groom was spectacular. the only areas of issue were a few of the catering details and laxed rehearsal. I'd love to come back as a wedding guest at the Vellano and would definitely recommend it to others.

Sent on 10/29/2012