Vela Events Reviews

Vela Events 3
Vela Events 4
  • Julienne

Julie · Married on 06/22/2019

Vela Events for the WIN!!!

I had a very specific vision of a woodland wedding and Vered gave me a fairytale beyond my wildest imagination! Three weeks later and I'm still in lala land over how perfect my wedding was and it's all thanks to the Vela Events Team!

I had originally reached out when I was looking for a Day Of Coordinator so I could be worry free for my wedding day, but Vered quickly became so much more and really saved the day for me! Two months before our wedding, I had an unexpected career change that completely compromised my time right around when I was finalizing details for the wedding. Vered was a miracle worker stepping in and calming me down. She was great about not only getting back to me right away, but also reaching out to me to make sure I was on track. There were many DIY elements to your wedding that Vered and Laura graciously took over and executed for us. IT was a destination wedding and there were a ton of vendors to deal with and they were super gracious with all of them and making sure everything was in order leading up to the day. She was excellent at navigating the many personalities in a large, blended family. (This alone deserves major kudos). She did an amazing job addressing all my anxieties and making me feel comfortable so that when the big day came, I was completely relaxed!

For the day of I didn't have to worry about anything. Any issues that came up I'm completely oblivious to because Vela took care of everything. They pulled off my vision so perfectly. They executed the day seamlessly. They anticipated our every need. And they delivered my now husband and I the most perfect day ever. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Rachel · Married on 12/01/2018

Wonderful Experience

I had the wonderful opportunity to work with Vered and her team at Vela Events for my wedding in December at the Fairmont in Georgetown, Washington DC. We hired Vela Events are our day-of coordinators, however they went above and beyond just the day-of. Vered, our main contact, made herself available anytime we had questions throughout our wedding planning process, and had weekly calls the month leading up to the big day. She offered extremely helpful advice and kept us calm during this crazy and chaotic time. My fiancé and I are extremely detailed people and needed a team who not only embodied these same characteristics, but could work with us and our many questions, thoughts and ideas.

As far as the actual day of, the team arrived early and was beyond prepared to handle everything. I didn’t think it would be possible for me to put this day in someone else’s hands, but Vered completely took over, and let me enjoy every moment without any worry. She kept everyone on time, made sure everything was where it needed to be (i.e. under the chuppah items, Ketubah items, even my shoes to change into at the reception, and much more) and moved everything safely back to my suite at the end of the night. She kept the night flowing smoothly, and was available should we need anything during the day of events.

I could not rave more about Vela Events and would strongly recommend them as your wedding day planners.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Deborah Hoffman · Married on 10/28/2018

Amazing Coordinator!

Working with Vela Events was one of the best investments we made in planning our wedding. They took care of all the logistics and vendor coordination on the day of so that we could relax and enjoy our wedding day. Vered not only made sure everything ran smoothly on the day of, but she also worked with us for a month leading up to the wedding to ensure that all of the logistics were in place beforehand. She attended the venue walk through, contacted all of our vendors ahead of time, and put together a very thorough schedule for the wedding day. Vered was friendly, responsive, and overall so easy to work with!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Katie · Married on 06/09/2018

Amazing Wedding Coordinators!

We could not have been happier with Vela Events as our wedding coordinators. We worked primarily with Vered, who was responsive and completely on top of everything related to our wedding. One of the really nice things about Vela Events was that we had both Vered and Laura there on the day of our wedding to ensure that everything ran smoothly. In the lead up to our wedding, Vered coordinated with all of my vendors, including the walkthroughs at the venue, created schedules for making sure everything was booked and put together a day of timeline as well. She was incredibly responsive, meeting with us on numerous occasions as well as phone calls, weekly and as needed. On the day of the wedding she took care of absolutely everything, working with all of our vendors, assisting with setting up the space, and ensuring that the day ran smoothly. We could not have pulled off our wedding without Vela Events!

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Vela Events 5
    Vela Events 6
    Vela Events 7
    Vela Events 8
  • I

Icheiri · Married on 06/17/2017

Laura thought of every single little detail that would have never crossed my mind! So thankful to have worked with her. Would recommend Vela Events to anyone!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Janet · Married on 11/12/2016

Vela Events exceeded our expectations in every way as our daughter planned her wedding.Our contact was Laura but Vered and the Vela intern also were involved. Every question or concern was responded to within a few hours of our asking. They helped with every aspect of the wedding, including finding an event location, pre event dinner, breakfast the following day, a hotel for guests, photographer, music, etc. Laura secured contracts, and was a wonderful go between between our daughter and the staff of the various venues and vendors getting all questions and issues resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of all parties. Laura, Vered and the intern were with us every step of the way including all day the day of the wedding from early morning until the last guest departed. Laura provided gentle guidance and reminders for our daughter to help keep her on schedule. The wedding was beatiful and all went well.

We would use Vela Events again should we have a need to plan an event in the Washington D.C. area.

Thank you Vela and especially Laura for your outstanding service to us before, during and after our daughters wedding

Sent on 12/14/2016

Robin · Married on 09/25/2016

hey were great making surer we were getting everything done and not forgetting anything. As a bride you are often afraid you will miss something and they made surer every detail was done ahead of time. A week before the wedding we had an issue that was small but needed to be solved and I was done solving issues. I knew things would be great when Vered answer was don't worry we will take care of it.
    On the day of all day they checked in to make sure we were calm and that everything went as planned. I do not know how everything would have gotten done without them. They took care of everything from directing vendor, setting up place cards, keeping us on our timeline, to the simple but important tasks of making sure I knew where my flip flop were. I could not have asked for a better day and it would not have happened without them.

Sent on 12/07/2016

My wife and I would not know what we would have done without Laura at Vela Events. She made sure to keep my wife calm throughout the entire process. This is not an easy task. Laura at Vela Events is professional, quick to respond, and made our lives so much easier in planning and executing the wedding. Most of our guests where from out of town, so having a few extra activities as part of the wedding weekend was very important to us! She made this all happen without breaking the bank! She is simply amazing!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Keren · Married on 08/09/2015

Dreaming about your perfect wedding is easy, making it happen is another story. Vered at Vela Events made sure our dreams became a reality. Vered was fantastic to work with and made us feel comfortable right form the start. Throughout the entire process, however, most prominently on the day of, Vered was in constant contact with us and all of the vendors. If something had to be done, she was on it. Not having to worry about a thing other than the fact that you are celebrating the happiest day of your life, is an amazing feeling and knowing that you have someone you trust to keep the show running smoothly is the most important. That is what Vered did for us! Her expertise, friendliness and pure love for what she does showed whenever we spoke with her. We continue to receive constant and continuous compliments on how fantastic our wedding was and that is thanks to Vered at Vela Events!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Loved working with them!

Vela Events worked with a couple that got married at our venue this Fall. Vered was our primary contact, and she was responsive and on the ball. The entire event went so smoothly. We highly recommend!

Sent on 11/03/2018