145 Reviews for Variety Music

Flat Screen (4)
Microphones (4)
Photobooth (4)
145 Variety Music Reviews

To everyone who helped with Alex and I’s wedding. THANK YOU!

The day was perfect thanks to you guys. Andrew was amazing on guitar and we loved it!! We have so many friends asking to hire him!
Tom and Ray, thanks for coordinating everything! The event was so smooth and sounded amazing!! Everyone was dancing and Alex and i loved ever minute of it!

Drew was amazing on percussion and it totally changed the vibe of the night! If you guys are questioning to use percussion, you definitely should and Drew is the best. My sister used for her wedding as well and he is great!
Thank you again!!! Overly pleased with your performance!

Profile Picture Jessie, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones

Look no further! We used Variety Music for our November 4th wedding at The Royalton, after my sister and brother-in-law previously used them for their wedding a few years prior - and they again, DID NOT DISAPPOINT! To us, music at our wedding was one of the most important aspects and we are so happy we decided to use Variety Music. Tom & Ray were so easy to work with, very responsive, very reasonably priced and made it a very seamless process. At our final meeting, we went through every single detail, explained the genres of music we wanted, helped us decide the sequence of events throughout the night and everything went off without a hitch. Tom and Ray were AMAZING - they were fantastic at reading their audience and the dance floor was completely PACKED the entire night - this is exactly what we hoped for and our guests are still talking about how much fun they had. We also hired Howi, the percussionist and he was a HIT! He let the guests play around on the drums, and gave the party such an upbeat and exciting vibe. We also used them for lighting and the room looked perfect and exactly what we had envisioned. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Gabriella, 11/4/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

I loved working with Ray and Tom on our wedding day! They played all of the songs we requested and had everyone up partying on the dance floor! It was such a fun atmosphere, everything I could have hoped for on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Britany, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We used Variety Music for our Wedding this past weekend. They were the absolute best. Ray, Tom and the drummer just blew us all away. Every person was on the dance floor. We received so many texts and emails the next day telling us that our wedding was one best they ever went to. Cant say enough about them.
Thank you guys!

Profile Picture Mary, 8/11/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting

Awesome DJ and MC! Sal was the MC at my wedding a few weeks ago and he was outstanding. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire time and I got so many compliments about the music.

Profile Picture Donna, 7/2/17, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

100% Variety music is the BEST choice! My MC, Ray & DJ, Tom were above and beyond! At my meetings with both of them they were kind, knowledgeable and funny from the start. I also used them for the photo booth services. So happy my husband and I choose them for our May 20th wedding!

Profile Picture Deanna, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System

We used Variety Entertainment for our wedding on April 9, 2017, and they were awesome! Tom was our DJ, Ray was our MC, and they were the perfect combination of what we were looking for. Variety came recommended to us by our venue, and after checking out other DJs, we knew that Variety was the right fit for us. After sitting down with Tom, we were blown away by how much Variety offers. We ended up adding the photo booth, live musicians, and uplighting to our package. We hired two strings players for our ceremony and a singer/guitarist (Michael) for our cocktail hour. We were so happy with their performances, and it really added something special to our day. The XL photo booth was a great way for our guests to have a little fun off the dance floor, and I love looking at my album of all the pictures. The pink and blue uplighting that we chose made an already beautiful room POP! We can't say enough about Ray and Tom; they were so professional and really got the crowd engaged. They played a great mix of music and kept the party going. We highly recommend Ray and Tom if you are looking for a DJ/MC for your next event!

Profile Picture Jenna, 4/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our DJ was awesome, truly kept the party going!

Profile Picture amanda, 3/4/17, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

There are so many great things to say about Variety. Tom from the very beginning was so approachable and willing to work with our budget. He gave us a great deal, and I valued his opinion from the start. The entire process from booking all the way up to the night of the wedding was so smooth. He answered my (many) emails so quickly and gave me honest feedback with all of my requests. Tom was our DJ, Sal was our MC and Howie was our percussionist. They all worked so well together to make the music flow from song to song. I still get compliments on how the dance floor was packed all night long because the music was so great. Last but not least, hands down the best part of what Variety did the night of the wedding. They played our last song, and when the lights went on the entire dance floor changed "One more song, one more song" without hesitation Tom played Bye, Bye, Bye and everyone went nuts. I could not have asked for a better DJ to provide entertainment for what was the most amazing night of my life!!!!!

Profile Picture Anna, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Variety is the best! We used Tom and Ray, they were both awesome!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/2/16, 15 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Photobooth

I saw Variety music at a bridal expo they did an outstanding performance!
they got the crowd up and going and when asked to make an apt the were more than flexible and happy to change the apt twice for me. I ended up with a package and not able to go with this DJ but not only were they understanding but they made a recommendation on which DJ i should go with given my options for the package. I was more than ecstatic to have them help me and then tell me who i should consider this is what its all about and they treat you like gold love!!!!!

Profile Picture samantha, 9/24/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Flat Screen, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Variety Music is the best! My husband and I were very specific with the type of music we wanted played at our wedding. We sat with Ray and went over everything, and the week before we sat with Tom to confirm our playlist. We wanted all "now" music. My guests are HUGE party animals and love to dance, so playing up beat music was crucial. We didn't want a lot of slow songs and wanted to keep everyone moving. Variety 100% listened to us! They played exactly the type of music I wanted. No one sat down! Our DJ had to, literally, tell guests three times that dinner was served because no one was sitting down! It was AMAZING! I am so happy with their service and have already refereed the to my friends!

***We also got the Step & Repeat instead of the photo booth and it was well worth it. Our guests LOVED it. I highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Flat Screen, Uplighting, MC

Variety did such a kick ass job on our wedding!! They completely worked within our budget and helped us throw the perfect reception. We had choreographed our first dance to include two songs, and Ray worked everything out smoothly on the day. I would highly recommend using Variety! I will definitely call them for future events.

Profile Picture Emily, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Variety Music provided the music for our cocktail hour and reception. We had a piano player for the cocktail hour and then a DJ and MC for the reception. They were great! They played the music we talked about and did not play anything we had on the do not play list. The MC got people up on the dance floor and made it a great wedding! I would recommend Variety Music to anyone looking for music for an event!

Profile Picture User6793397, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Flat Screen, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Liability Insurance, MC

Tom and Ray are the absolute BEST! They made our wedding a GIANT dance party, which was exactly what we wanted!!!! All of our guests told us that our wedding was one of the best they had ever been to because of the food and the music! During the planning process before the wedding, both Tom and Ray were also SO helpful in selecting songs that fit us perfectly throughout all parts of the ceremony/wedding celebration. They were so patient and kind and informative, and we can't wait to book them for another party in the future! This company may be viewed as expensive by some, but you get what you pay for---- nothing but the highest quality! :)

Profile Picture User7069660, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We loved Tom and Ray of Variety Music. Since my husband and I are both musicians, we had high expectations for the music choices for our wedding. Tom played every song we requested and kept the music within the genres we (and our guests) enjoy. He really saved the day when he offered my husband black duct tape when his shoes broke right before the reception began. Ray did a wonderful job at keeping the party going (without being over the top) and keeping the night moving smoothly. Overall, we would highly recommend Variety Music for their DJ/MC services.

Profile Picture User4170316, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance, MC, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Variety Music rocked it at my wedding. The MC Sal was out of this world. The photographer and the Zip Zap photographer were awesome. They were a pleasure to work with. Hands down recommend them.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography

Im so happy I choose Sal he was a life saver I wasn't able to complete the forms I was suppose to and he did an amazing job for my Playlist at my wedding.He is extremely helpful and professional everyone loved my amazing mc and dj we had.Thank you guys for making my day special.

Profile Picture nina, 5/28/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Variety Music to DJ our wedding and it was a great decision! We came to them a little late in the game as our original DJ canceled on us and they were extremely helpful, accommodating and their price was very reasonable. We met with Ray, who was great. He answered all of our questions and did a great job letting us know all of the options we had. We ended up choosing to have their steel drum player, Howie, for our cocktail hour and he was awesome! Sal was our DJ for the night and he kept the dance floor full all night long. All night long people were commenting on how good our DJ was and said the music was awesome! We had an amazing wedding and they were a huge part of that. Thank you!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/30/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ray and Tom did our wedding on 4/16/16 and they were amazing, we couldn't have asked for a better DJ and MC!! They were both so flexible and made sure that we got everything that we wanted in order to make our wedding perfect!! They were extremely friendly and always answered my emails and phone calls in record time. They are a true pleasure to work with and we would recommend them to anyone!! Thank you both for helping us make our wedding perfect!

Profile Picture User4733352, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, MC

Joe and I are overwhelmed with how much fun we had celebrating with Variety Music's team at our wedding on March 18th. Our family and friends had so much fun that we're being asked to throw another wedding :-) THANK YOU, 1000x's thank you from the bottom of our hearts for sharing our big day with us and keeping the dance floor packed with our friends and family. I knew we hit the jackpot when our grandparents wouldn't stop dancing and people were waiting in line to play the drums with Howie. We have already recommended you to some of our friends getting married in the next two years and cannot wait to work with you again in the future.

Profile Picture Claire, 3/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Liability Insurance, MC, Flat Screen, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We are so happy that we chose Variety Music as our DJ. Almost a month after our wedding and we still have people telling us how much they loved our DJ and how great the music was. Variety read the crowd perfectly and kept the dance floor packed the whole night. Our MC spoke just enough to make sure our guests were having a good time but not so much that it felt overwhelming. We also had a drummer play steel drums during cocktail hour and percussion during the reception both of which went over really well with our crowd! Thank you Variety for doing such an amazing job and for keeping the party going all night!

Profile Picture Meg &Tommy, 10/23/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tom and Ray were so great!! They kept the party going all night. All our guests raved about how good they were, so much so that at the last dance they ALL chanted "one more song". They didn't want it to end. Thank you guys for making our day so fun!

Profile Picture Maria, 9/20/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I used Variety Music for my wedding on 9/19/15 at Raphael Vineyard and I was extremely happy with everything! We booked a string duo for our ceremony, their acoustic guitar player/singer Andrew Gabriel for our extended cocktail hour, a photo booth, and had Tom as our DJ and Ray as our MC. Everyone did a great job and we have been getting nothing but rave reviews about all of the music-the ceremony music was beautiful, Andrew is very talented, and thanks to Tom and Ray the dance floor was full the whole time! Variety listened to what we wanted and made sure to follow through with all of our requests on our wedding day. Everyone we dealt with at Variety (we mostly spoke with Tom and Ray) was professional and we never had to wait for appointments to meet with them or answers to our many questions. They also had no problem accommodating us with wonderful music for the entirety of our wedding, which was longer than your typical 5 hour wedding. I would 100% recommend Variety Music (especially Tom, Ray and Andrew!) for any event you are planning -you will not regret it, and you will have peace of mind knowing that you are dealing with professionals who know how to throw a great party.

Profile Picture Heather, 9/19/15, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Variety Music was fabulous. From the initial phone call to the day of my wedding everything was perfect. Speaking with Ray and Tom on the phone was a pleasure. They really listened to what I wanted and were more than happy to meet my needs. Harry was our dj and he was beyond great. He went out of his way to make my wedding day perfect. He had everyone up and dancing. So many of our guests told us that it was the best wedding they had been to. I highly recommend Variety music.

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews