Vanity Belle Reviews

Vanity Belle 5
Vanity Belle 6
Vanity Belle 7

Carley · Married on 08/20/2016

Vanity Belle was amazing. I found them on instagram and was hooked when I saw their beautiful work. When I emailed them about my wedding, Jonathan, the owner, emailed me back promptly, kindly, professionally, thoroughly, and full of advice! ( I just looked at my email chain and over the course of wedding planning we had 66 emails!). The makeup artists and hair stylists were all very accommodating, professional, sweet, and talented! They gave me exactly what I wanted, even if I could not exactly articulate it! I went in for my bridal trial with my mother-in-law who was hesitant about getting "too dolled up". Both Kaity and Diane were so nice and tried to give her a beautiful look that wouldn't overwhelm her. We had so much fun sipping champagne and trying out looks in their adorable salon in Costa Mesa! The day of the wedding they had their hands full! All 8 bridesmaids had hair and makeup done! Vanity Belle's service was amazing... but I know most of you brides are wondering... BUT HOW DID YOU LOOK? I looked perfect! It was an absolute dream! AND all of my girls looked and fabulous as well!! I highly recommend Vanity Belle!

Sent on 11/01/2016
  • Tanya

Tanya · Married on 07/10/2016

Dannielle from Vanity Belle did me and my bridesmaids' hair for my wedding, and it could not have been more perfect. She was super personable and friendly, too, which made hanging out with her all day fun! I'm from out of town, but they were kind enough to schedule my trial run the morning before the wedding at 8am before the studio normally opens. The little studio is super cute, and I'm sad I don't live in La Jolla because I would love to go more often!

Dannielle was very creative and did a great work product, listening to what I or each girl wanted and tweaking the result if there was any input. We were dealing with the bridal quite not being ready on time in the morning so we were running late all day, but Dannielle gained back her time and had time to do touch ups at the end. She did a wonderful job, and I could not be more pleased. Thank you Dannielle!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Susan · Married on 07/03/2016

Choosing Vanity Belle for my hair and makeup was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding! From my trial to my big day, my girls, Diane Sam and Suzy, were absolutely awesome, professional, and very skilled at what they do. I made use of my trial session by having my engagement photos taken the same day, and even my photographer commented on how great it looked. My husband could not believe his eyes, and the hair and makeup (opt for airbrush!) lasted all day and night. They also put in my extensions, and even found me a beautiful brooch for my hair that matched the one on the sash I wore from their collection of jewelry. I was a little worried the day of because I changed my mind of what I wanted, and it was different from our trial. Even though I changed it up at the last minute (style of hair), they got it perfect! In total, they did my hair and makeup, two bridesmaids hair and makeup, and three younger girls hair. Everything was really smooth, the contract is clear, and email confirmations are helpful. They came to my venue, were right on time, and worked through all the chaos that comes with weddings. I will be using them for any big event in my future, or just to be pampered for a day.

Sent on 07/21/2016

Kendall · Married on 06/11/2016

Vanity Belle was WONDERFUL to work with. Planning a wedding remotely can be tough, but Vanity Belle made it so easy to schedule my makeup trial for a weekend I was in town for a visit. The booking process for our wedding day was so easy, and scheduling all of my bridesmaids and myself was very efficient and simple. Natalie did an AMAZING job, and we all absolutely loved our makeup. She was on time, and even finished everyone a little ahead of schedule.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Athena · Married on 06/09/2016

Sam was the sweetest, most professional, and patient artist I've ever had. She knew exactly what I wanted and executed it perfectly. All of my bridesmaids loved her. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 07/21/2016

Lilie · Married on 05/21/2016

Deciding on Vanity Belle for my wedding was easy. They were the only boutique that quickly responds to emails and communicates clearly. And trust me, I reached out to several artists through Wedding Wire and referrals, but none of them were as responsive and professional as Vanity Belle. Jonathan answered all of my annoying little questions and booked all of my appointments. He coordinated all of the communication between the makeup artists, hairstylists, and myself.

My makeup artist was Kat Valencia, and my hairstylist was Candace. Kat was extremely thorough with setting up the time slots for the morning of my wedding to make sure all 8 of my bridesmaids and 2 moms were taken care of and ready on time between all of the other artists. Jonathan clearly breaks down all of the final costs which are due on the wedding day.

I loved how the trial is held in a nice private room with mimosas to make you feel pampered and receive undivided attention. There's room for an extra guest to join you, but I opted to enjoy some "me" time.

The makeup style I received was the best I had during my search for an artist. I don't usually get my makeup professionally done, and when I did - it always felt heavy and uncomfortable. I never felt pretty and just felt they knew what looked best for the cameras. But when Kat did my makeup at Vanity Belle I felt like I was glowing. The makeup was light (she introduced me to airbrush, which felt even lighter), does amazing contouring, and she made me feel absolutely beautiful. Candace did an amazing job on my hair. I really wanted some type of braid-action, and she knocked it out the park.

I like how their pricing is clearly listed on their website, no hidden extra charges. Scheduling is made easy, and they have a rewards program (app) for all of the services you receive. I scheduled makeup for my bridal shower through them, and built a great relationship with my makeup artist.

Highly Recommend Vanity Belle!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Lindsay · Married on 05/15/2016

Very friendly staff, easy to work with, quick responses (via email which I LOVE! I'm not a phone person).

Sent on 04/15/2016

Natalie · Married on 05/14/2016

Vanity Belle, especially Raven, Sammie, and Meghan, did an amazing job on my hair and makeup. They had professional talent and great personalities.

First, Vanity Belle will wine and dine you and your party. Their Costa Mesa location is behind the grocery market and a bit tricky to find but once you step inside the salon it’s adorable and fully stocked with champagne, as every salon should be.

Second, Sammie and Raven did an amazing job on my bridal hair and makeup. I do not wear makeup and typically rock the ponytail look, so I was very worried to suddenly feel like a clown with 10lbs of paint on my face. I brought in some pictures to show them for my trial and Sammie and Raven knocked it out flawlessly. I felt beautiful but not overdone. The eyelashes they use on their brides are natural and applied so they don’t feel uncomfortable and stayed on all night. The girls arrived at my house at 7am sharp on the morning of the wedding because we needed to be done by 1pm and had 10 ladies getting perdy (so worth it to pay the extra $30 for at location service). Think about 45min per service per person, adding some extra time for the bride. I also had my 10inch ribcage tattoo covered which took about 45min after all of the base and color treatments but again looked natural and did the job. I can’t forget about Meghan. She worked on the bridesmaids in both the hair and makeup department and did such a great job with little direction from those goof balls who can’t sit still for more than 5min. It’s hard making those hot messes classy so I applaud her.

Thank you ladies and Vanity Belle!

Sent on 06/09/2016

You can't go wrong with airbrush makeup on your wedding day! Natalie was great!

Sent on 05/19/2016

marissa · Married on 04/02/2016

My bridal party and I loved our hair and makeup. I would definitely recommend Vanity for your big day! I would also recommend getting a trial done if you aren't sold. One of my bridesmaids who never gets her makeup done was skeptical at first but got a trial done with me and loved it!

Sent on 05/23/2016

April · Married on 03/11/2016

My bridesmaids, mothers, grandmothers and myself were in love with our hair & makeup girls. They were so sweet, talented, professional...and made us all look like a million bucks for my wedding. I would recommend Dannielle & Lily to anyone in a heartbeat :)

Sent on 06/17/2016
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 02/20/2016

Could not have been happier with my experience with vanity belle!! Both the trial session and the wedding day were such a blast and Kaity and Diane made me look exactly how I wanted, and even better than I imagined!! They were super flexible, and went out of their way to make my day perfect. Definitely looking forward to visiting Vanity Belle again next time I'm in SoCal! Vanity Belle is the best :)!!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Vanity Belle's reply:

Aw, thank you Hannah! You were a GORGEOUS bride, we are so grateful we got to meet someone like you. We hope to see you again soon:)

Jana · Married on 01/23/2016

The ladies at Vanity Belle are absolutely amazing. The schedule I had booked for them was pretty packed - 10 ladies with hair and make up! which included myself, the bride. Every one of us looked stunning; the most beautiful I have ever seen any of us! I was completely happy with the way it all turned out. I even looked way better than the consultation day. And aside from the way everyone looked, the VB ladies are fun to talk to and very accommodating. It truly was a memorable experience for me on my wedding day.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Megan · Married on 12/15/2015

I was attending a gala and called on the Vanity Belles Beauty ladies to give me
    an "Old Hollywood Glam" look for both hair and make up. Kaity (Hair) and Crystal
    (Make up) did an amazing job and made it so fun! I walked out of the boutique and
    into the event feeling like a million bucks. My hair and make lasted the entire night
    and was flawless! Thank you Vanity Belle! See you for my next event.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Vanity Belle's reply:

Aw, thanks Megan!! xo

Kelle · Married on 11/25/2015

Couldn't be happier with the service provided by Vanity Belle for my San Diego based event. All of us girls had so much fun getting ready and we all looked fabulous!! The girls did a great job at creating an individual look for each of us and had fun doing so. I have used Vanity Belle for other events previously and have always been 100% satisfied with the end result (and this is coming from someone who usually has to “fix” my hair after it has been done!) NOT with Vanity Belle! FIVE stars ALL the WAY!

Sent on 01/07/2016

Breanna · Married on 11/15/2015

A great company to work with for wedding makeup and hair. Very professional and did exactly what I wanted and showed them for my bridal trial and day of. All of my bridesmaids loved them to. I would highly recommend using their bridal suite if you want a meeting place for everyone to get ready but don't want to book a hotel room. It was so convenient and we had champagne to keep us at ease through the process, which is a huge plus.

Sent on 02/06/2016

Vanity Belle was amazing! So glad I found them. Thanks Katie and Natalie for awesome hair and makeup! I felt so beautiful and look amazing in the pictures. They both listened to my desires and requests with the styling, very professional and friendly. I had one wedding trial and did another hair styling prior to my engagement photos. The day of, they came to my venue in Laguna Beach, were on time, had all their supplies, and dealt well with last minute requests/changes. Getting ready was so much fun! The price was comparable to other salons I checked prior to deciding on them. My final decision was based on their style compared to mine, relaxed and natural. I would absolutely recommend them and will use them again for my one year anniversary.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Roberta · Married on 10/17/2015

Vanity Belle was recommended to me by my wedding planner. I then did online research to check this boutique's ratings. Jonathan is the manager and part owner of the boutique. He was so responsive to me. I remembered he returned my email about wanting information about their services within 2 hours. Jonathon never stopped being that responsive to me and always was super sweet and professional. I had a great trial run for my wedding with my mom at the boutique. The staff are sweet and friendly. The stylists made my 75 year old mother look amazing.. more youthful looking than she had in years. I had arranged to have two stylists come to my home the day of the wedding. The stylists arrived on time and were totally prepared. They even had no trouble fitting in the hair and make up of an extra bridesmaid. My bridesmaids looked fabulous after Meghan and Natalie worked on them. I could not have been more pleased. The pricing for the services were great.

Sent on 01/16/2016

Michele · Married on 10/10/2015

The ladies of Vanity Belle Boutique are AMAZING! First of all their talent in hair and make up design is exquisite! I came in with pictures of exactly what I was looking for and they were able to re-create the look based on my skin tone and hair color so it was 100% complimentary to my look. The trial went great and their little boutique with the bridal suite and unlimited champagne made for quite the morning to remember! I was hoping that everything would turn out just as perfect for the wedding day as it had for the trial and they didn't disappoint! Meghan and Kat were awesome! I would definitely use them again for any hair and make up service and was especially glad I found them for my wedding!

Sent on 01/17/2016
  • User6208810 · 2+ years ago

The office manager was amazing with answering all of my questions and setting up my appointment. Natalie did my make up and she is absolutely wonderful!!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Amy · Married on 09/20/2015

Vanity Belle provided hair and make-up services for my wedding, and I couldn't have been happier with my experience. Meghan did my trial-run hair and wedding day hair. I wanted a more natural look with my hair down/curled and shared ideas/pictures with Meghan. She captured the style perfectly, and my hair never looked so good! The curls were soft (not crunchy or too much hairspray) and held the entire day. Plus, she was a sweetheart to work with… very amicable with my wedding party (as she did their hair as well) and professional (she was punctual and worked well with all the wedding preparations going on all around her).
    Diane did my trial-run make-up and was so helpful with bouncing off ideas to create my desired wedding look (I wear minimal make-up and appreciated the suggestions and feedback she had to offer). Unfortunately, Diane was unable to do my wedding make-up due to extenuating circumstances, but Jonathan, the manager, made sure to communicate with and accomodate my needs so I was able to get a last-minute trial-run and wedding day make-up by Raven. She was absolutely fabulous! My make-up looked great in the photos and held up the entire day also. Vanity Belle has an amazing staff of talented artists and kind women. I would highly recommend them for wedding or other hair/make-up services.

Sent on 01/25/2016

My makeup and hair artists, Natalie and Meghan, were so talented and extremely easy to work with. I had a few changes in the number of girls that needed services last minute, but their team was incredibly flexible and responsive to emails/texts. The Vanity Belle girls were also a blast to be around during our prep time. Everything ran smoothly and my bridal party looked beautiful! I even now go to Vanity Belle's salon boutique for my hair cut/color regularly. Overall, I had an incredible experience with Vanity Belle.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Christine · Married on 08/15/2015

Vanity belle provided us with professional hair and make up services. Toni and crystal are awesome!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Vanity Belle was wonderful, from the consultation to the in suite service on my wedding.

Thank you for such wonderful service.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 08/07/2015

The whole team at Vanity Belle is wonderful ! I cannot tell you how impressed I was with my hair and make-up for my wedding! I looked gorgeous and it showed in both professional photography and the pictures friends took! I couldn't be happier! And how important is that on your "big day"?!!! So very happy with how prompt and professional they were. They came to our venue making everything perfectly easy and relaxing. My bridal party looked amazing too!
    I am looking forward to going back to Vanity Belle for a big events I have in the future! Already booked for my husband's company holiday party! :)!!

Sent on 10/08/2015