Vanilla Bake Shop Reviews

Vanilla Bake Shop 3
Vanilla Bake Shop 4
Vanilla Bake Shop 5

Meghan · Married on 04/20/2012

If you are looking for a gorgeous cake that not only looks amazing, but tastes amazing too... you have found your bakery here!
    Yuko at Vanilla Bake Shop did a fantastic job of designing a cake that captured the spirit of my fiance (now husband) and I. We had found these cute cake toppers on an etsy.com shop that we had fallen in love with... Yuko actually wound up designing the style of the cake around the design of these cake toppers and what we wound up with was exactly what we'd hoped for!
    The best part of all is that the cakes at VBS truly taste AMAZING!!! We opted for 2 different flavors between the 4 tiers of our cake: white cake with fresh cream and berries with a buttercream frosting AND banana chocolate chip with a cream cheese frosting. Our guests were RAVING over the flavors and design of the cake. Most wound up splitting theirs with friends so that they could try both flavors of the cake;)
    Definitely head on over to VBS for your tasting!

Sent on 05/02/2012
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/22/2011

The cupcakes speak for themselves. We're big foodies and we used Vanilla Bake Shop to do a dessert table with cupcakes, tarts, cake pops, macaroons and a little two tiered cake. Everything was delicious! We did a tasting here and at another leading wedding bakery in the area and really felt like not only was it no competition in terms of taste, but the prices ended up being significantly cheaper. We were very happy with the results and still go there regularly just to eat cupcakes :)

Sent on 11/12/2011

BIBIANE · Married on 08/14/2011

I was very happy to see how their decorated my wedding cake, so beautifully but most of all, the cake was AMAZING, like everyone was asking where I got that. Thanks to you Vanille Bake shop .

Sent on 06/05/2012

Santina · Married on 07/30/2011

The Vanilla Bake Shop was awesome! Our cake designer offered great suggestions on flavors and designs. It turned out better then we imagined! Everyone says one of the best parts of the wedding was the cake :)

Sent on 08/30/2011
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 07/23/2011

My wedding cake was so beautiful and delicious! I brought it my design idea and they did an amazing job bringing it to life. The cake itself was just YUM! It was moist and incredible and the frosting wasn't too sugary. When we initially had our tasting at VBS I was so impressed with the treatment we received. They were the only shop that offered us milk and coffee (instead of just water) when we arrived. I was a little nervous that their prices would be outrageous because every cake I saw was more beautiful than the next and everything we tasted was amazing. I was SO pleasantly surprised when the cake came in under budget! Thank you VBS! I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for an amazingly delicious cake that also happens to be perfectly gorgeous and affordable. I am truly impressed. We saved the cake top for our first anniversary and I am REALLY looking forward to eating it. Although, I have to admit I will probably be stopping by the store to pick up more goodies well before then!!!

Sent on 08/01/2011

Kristen · Married on 06/26/2011

We were impressed from the moment we met at the tasting. We dropped in with out and appointment and they had all the cakes we wanted to taste ready within a few moments. We provided a vague idea of what we wanted the cake to look like and they created a beautiful cake. It was delicious a moist and we LOVED it. They also let us choose multiple flavors and they used butter cream instead of fondant which was REALLY important to us. The cake looked so beautiful.

Sent on 07/12/2011

Jasmine · Married on 05/07/2011

we tried cupcakes from at least 7 different bakeries! vanilla bake shop was THE BEST tasting by a loooong shot. Even after we decided to choose them, we have been kind of cupcake connoisseurs searching for a better cupcake and just have not been able to find one. not crumbs, not portos, not everything bundt cakes,.. non of them even come close. .. and they are also very pretty and competitively priced

Sent on 05/19/2011

Melinda · Married on 11/06/2010

Amy is amazing. The cake turned out perfect. She took our theme and ran with it to make the most beautiful cake ever. We had a fall theme and our cake looked perfect with the entire decor. I received so many compliments from friends and family on how beautiful the cake looked and how good it tasted. The cake was moist and melted in our mouths. Thanks again Vanilla Bake Shop!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Diana · Married on 10/16/2010

The cake was very delicious.

Sent on 11/10/2010

Julie · Married on 10/09/2010

Not only THE most gorgeous black and white wedding cake EVER in the history of the free world, but also the most delicious. The cake designer and pastry chef are just the best.

Sent on 12/09/2010

Billy · Married on 10/01/2010

Our cake turned our beautiful! Vanilla Bake Shop had a very seamless process, and everything went smoothly. We were extremely pleased!

Sent on 11/19/2010

Marwa · Married on 09/25/2010

My cake was one of the most gorgeous parts of the wedding! I was absolutely in love with it that even my husband did not want to cut into it when it was time to cut the cake. It was absolutely breathtaking!!

Amy is a true artist! She created a 6 tier pale pink cake, with diamond and black satin trim to match the wedding perfectly. She followed every detail I gave her to a T!! It was a classy, beautiful understated cake just like its creator! Amy was attentive and fantastic during our tasting and choosing of the cake. She made it so fun and simple - it was the easiest thing I had to do for the wedding!

I even ordered the dessert shots and had them served with each slice of cake and it was such a hit!! Everyone was talking about the cake and dessert shots! I was happy that it didn't just look gorgeous but tasted heavenly too! I truly recommend this bakery to any bride! Thank you so much Vanilla Bake Shop!!!!

Sent on 11/01/2010

Alisa · Married on 09/18/2010

VBS was able to create a cake from a photograph that I found to suit my wedding theme. They didn't make me choose something from their list of previously made cake designs. The cake was beautiful and was absolutely delicious. They use the best ingredients. They are easy going and very helpful. They made the selection of the cake and design an enjoyable event for my husband and I. They delivered on time and in perfect condition for the reception. They deserve 5 stars!

Sent on 12/30/2010

Monique · Married on 08/08/2010

We had a three tier cake that was flawless, beautiful, and delicious. Our cake was modern design with orchids adorned on it by our florist. The flavors were Vanilla Lemon Berry (my favorite!), Southern Dark Chocolate Banana Pudding, and Red Velvet.

Sent on 08/11/2010

Becky · Married on 07/24/2010

We highly recommend Vanilla Bake Shop! The tasting was so fun, with many cake flavors and decorations to suit any theme. We chose the fleur de sel cake, and it was amazing! Our guests commented on how good the cake was as well. We have been back to VBS many times since our wedding, and started a tradition of having a fleur de sel cake on our anniversary.

Sent on 08/03/2011

Mike · Married on 05/29/2010

Our cupcake tower was beautiful and so tasty. They were incredibly professional

Sent on 06/16/2010
  • User919941 · 2+ years ago

I've been consuming Vanilla Bake Shop mini cupcakes for as long as they've been open (I wish they had a frequent cupcake-eater card) and I couldn't imagine having any other bakery provide these sweet treats for our wedding. My cupcake obsession was in full force for our wedding and manifested itself in the form of a cupcake tower composed of 2 of my most favorite cupcake flavors: luscious strawberries and cream with vanilla bean cupcake and the divine fleur de sel caramel. The tower was topped off with a square strawberries and cream cake- decorated with fresh yellow billy button flowers and succulents for our southern California themed wedding. Our guests raved about the cupcakes and still do-almost a month later... I will forever ♥♥♥ VBS and will continue to look for opportunities to devour and share their sweet treats. Cheers to VBS for making 05.15.2010 the sweetest day ever!

Sent on 06/13/2010

nancy · Married on 04/17/2010

Vanilla Bake Shop provided our wedding cake and cupcakes and it was delicious. People were eating two and three cupcakes and couldn't stop talking about how great they were. The cake was amazing, simple and beautiful. Thanks Amy! Can't wait to come in and have some cupcakes.

Sent on 05/18/2010

Sanjog · Married on 03/27/2010

Amazing! Simply all i can say! We gave her our vision, and the cake came out beyond perfect and delicious on top of that! The cupcakes were just as amazing and sooooo goood! The manager was amazing and patient. Thanks again for the sweets!

Sent on 05/02/2010

Jenny · Married on 03/06/2010

We went to Vanilla Bake Shop because one of our old friends from college used them for their wedding, and I was really impresses with the cake they had. Just like theirs, the cake we got was as good. Some of the designs they had at their shop were so creative I had a really hard time trying to find which one I would want. The cake we ended up getting was wonderful, and it tasted like heaven.

Sent on 04/10/2010

Cynthia · Married on 11/14/2009

Vanilla Bake Shop's reputation lived up to all that I read...and MORE. Working with their team was so easy - I did everything over the phone and through e-mail. Our wedding cake was delivered on-time and exactly how we ordered it...it was perfect. All our guests said it was the best Southern red velvet cake they ever had. Three relatives called my mom after the wedding to find out the name and phone number of the bakery - they said they couldn't get the yummy cake out of their minds!

Sent on 12/22/2009

Lindsay · Married on 11/08/2009

Amy is great! I loved our cake - it was delicious and looked just how I was picturing it.

Sent on 11/19/2010

Emily · Married on 10/10/2009

Our wedding cake was not only gorgeous, but delicious!! We had a three tier cake with three flavors. Some guests had three pieces, just so that they could try them all! Amy at Vanilla Bake Shop was helpful and responsive. A+!

Sent on 10/31/2009

Chandra · Married on 08/29/2009

Amy and Jeremy Berman (owners of Vanilla Bake Shop) are so great! They gave us exactly what we wanted, a gorgeous cupcake tower filled with delicious cupcakes! They were our favorite bakery prior to getting engaged, so there was no question we had to have them. I'm happy to call Amy a friend now and can't say enough about them. Would HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 09/01/2009

Catherine · Married on 06/06/2009

Amy is a delight to work with. I brought in a sample picture of the cake design I wanted and they were able to replicate it perfectly. Not only was it sweet and delicious, it was also beautiful!

VBS was willing to work within my budget for a smaller cake. We had 220 guests and ordered a 3 tiered cake from VBS for picture purposes and 200 red velvet cupcakes from our caterer.

Sent on 09/11/2010