21 Reviews for Vanessa Lain Photography

Slideshow (2)
Prints (2)
Proofs (1)
21 Vanessa Lain Photography Reviews

Vanessa did such a beautiful job capturing my daughter’s wedding. I love her style and thought she would be way too expensive for us, but we worked out a way to make it fit our budget.

She was super flexible about traveling to our different venues for the wedding and the reception which were on different days. Vanessa got all sorts of cool pictures that I didn’t even know she was taking.

There were a few shots that she didn’t get, but that was totally my fault for not communicating better. So make sure you tell her everything little thing you want her to photograph! Our photographs from Vanessa make me smile every time I look at them!

Profile Picture Hildie, 5/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Vanessa was such a pleasure to work with! We found Vanessa last minute to photograph our rehearsal dinner. Even though it was last minute, Vanessa followed up to ensure all of our needs were met. She was so flexible and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Vanessa also had a quick turn around time on the pictures and we can’t stop looking at them. She captured all of our family and friends perfectly. I can’t say enough great things about Vanessa and we would absolutely use Vanessa again! Lindsay and Blake

Profile Picture Lindsay , 4/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Vanessa was absolutely wonderful to work with! She captured our wedding in the Santa Cruz mountains, and we are so grateful to have worked with her. She put up with our last minute procrastination (so sorry, Vanessa!), was so kind and friendly, went with the flow the day of our wedding, and captured gorgeous photographs! The day of the wedding, she arrived early to scope out the perfect spots and was super calm (helped calm us!) and professional. She was able to beautifully capture every moment throughout the day -- both formal and candid. Thank you, Vanessa!

Profile Picture Kriszta, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints

5 stars all around!!! Vanessa photographed our Aptos, CA wedding in September of 2017. I booked Vanessa a year in advance for our wedding so we had plenty of time to talk about what I wanted and get to know each other. Vanessa was extremely responsive (even a year+ out!) and was so sweet with answering all of my little questions :) I had never had professional photos taken before but she really eased my anxiety and helped me through what I needed vs. didn't need. I would recommend Vanessa to anyone who wants BEAUTIFUL photos that will last a lifetime. We recently received our prints and I haven't stopped smiling! On top of all of that her packages are extremely affordable! She is an absolute gem and I would work with her again in a heartbeat. Thank you Vanessa!!!!

Profile Picture Kady, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Slideshow, Digital Files, Prints

I'm not sure where to start with how fantastic Vanessa is.

We traveled from the UK to marry in California so finding the right Photographer was slightly more difficult. I instantly fell in love with her portfolio and contacted her through this site. Through the entire process not only was Vanessa a complete professional, but she was also so enthusiastic, friendly and went above and beyond to get all the info she could on the Ceremony site to ensure she captured the best photographs for us.

Vanessa traveled very far out of her way to photograph our day, and we could not be happier with the amazing photographs she captured. She was so easy to work with (even if I am a total cameraphobe) it was like having another friend there to share our day.

I think the photos speak for themselves and show just how talented this woman really is. I would not have traded having her with us on our special day, and now we have the most incredible photographs to enjoy for the rest of our lives.

We can never thank her enough!!

Profile Picture Angela, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Slideshow, Digital Files, Proofs

I can't say enough good things about Vanessa Lain. She was a top notch professional from start to finish. Her work is absolutely stunning, she had a very calming demeanor and made our family feel comfortable. She stayed until we were satisfied that we got everything. She gave us a TON of AMAZING PHOTOS. So many to choose from, it was hard to choose my favorites! Her presentation of our final photo package was really sweet and beyond my expectations. She gave us a fair price for week day short wedding/elopement. I hope to use Vanessa's services again for a family photo shoot.

Profile Picture Kamala, 7/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I found Vanessa through a recommendation from another photographer. We communicated to other photographers what our budget was and the style we were looking for and Vanessa was a perfect match for what we needed. She was prompt in providing options (packages) and very flexible with working with our needs (specific budget and time frame). When we saw just 2 of the pictures she took of us (via Instagram) we were already very pleased with what she had captured! And were excited to see the rest, of course. She has a very calm, yet assertive way about her that made this part of the wedding planning easy. Our wedding was very much so a DIY affair on a budget and I was nervous that our pictures would look like it was a DIY affair, but they are amazing. She captured details that we worked hard on, she created memorable moments for us in the images by simply having us take the time to look at each other and hold each other a certain way on the day-of. She truly takes pride in her work and is incredibly professional. We can't speak highly enough of Vanessa!

Profile Picture User5410538, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

I am so far overdue on this review but that is in no way a reflection of Vanessa's work. I found her to be very reasonably priced and extremely accommodating. She worked well with me and my "special" family needs. My parents can be a bit overbearing and she was able to maintain her professionalism with them to get the job done. My pictures turned out great and I was pleased with her turn around time on the finished product. Would definitely recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Genevieve, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Vanessa was awesome. She took time to get to know us and tapped into our personal style making our photos intimate and priceless. I continue to recommend her to everyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Profile Picture Megan , 3/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We love our wedding photos, and we loved working with Vanessa, the owner and photographer! She was by far my favorite vendor to work with. Vanessa couldn't have been more helpful. She brought us drinks when she realized toasts had begun before we'd made it by the bar; she help salvage a disorganized exit; and she helped me get dressed for my bridals when my matron of honor couldn't get off of work before the session started. All way beyond the scope of her job. Plus, she is a lot of fun to work with and made my husband and me feel comfortable immediately!

We've received so many compliments on our photos! We used Now Fly Away photography for our engagement session, bridal portraits and wedding day, and I'm so glad we did. They captured our big day just the way I'd want to remember it, which to me is priceless. We also loved our engagement pictures so much, we used one of them as our Save-the-Date postcard image.

Now Fly Away is very reasonably priced. We had multiple shooters for our big day and had a custom wedding album all included in her very competitive packages.

I highly recommend Now Fly Away!

Profile Picture Dana, 6/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Vanessa from Now Fly Away is a great photographer. When I met her I knew she would be an easy person to work with and that I wanted her there on my wedding day, and I was right! She brought a very good assistant as well and they were diligent about getting good shots. They found some good places at my reception venue and took some romantic photos of me and my groom. She is very customer service oriented and made me feel very good about everything. You will feel comfortable with her, I am sure of that. I would recommend her to anyone in my family or my friends, and I am happy to recommend Vanessa to you!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/5/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

We were very pleased with all the work done during and before our wedding! We had our engagement photos and wedding day photos done with Vanessa. My Fiance was finishing up law school before our wedding and Vanessa worked with us on what little time we had for photo taking. She was very professional and our photos were beautiful!

Profile Picture User2708825, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Could not be happier with Vanessa's work. Beautiful engagement and bridal photos! Can't wait to see the wedding photos. Vanessa was very easy to work with, very responsive, and she takes beautiful, artistic photos. Great value too.

Profile Picture User1584636, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Vanessa really knows her stuff! She was very professional and knew exactly what to do and how to "work" the group to take some excellent photos. I was blown away by the quality and aesthetic of her photos, and they could not have turned out more perfect.

Profile Picture Jacline, 11/12/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Vanessa was amazing to work with! Our photos turned out incredible. She truly capture the beauty and happiness of the day. She was also timely and professional. My husband and I felt really comfort with her. I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Kayle, 11/6/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Vanessa was perfect! She knew exactly the style we were going for, and was extremely professional. Vanessa and her assistant also were on top of organizing the different group photos as well as taking the ring, decoration, and scene shots without interruption to the reception or ceremony. She is definitely our only pick and recommendation for any wedding or event!

Thanks so much, Vanessa!

Profile Picture Neil, 6/11/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough about Now Fly Away Photography! Vanessa has been a fantastic resource both during the planning, and after as I have been trying to sort through the mountain of gorgeous photos taken during our wedding. The quality of the work speaks for itself, but I want to take a moment to speak to the quality of the service. Patient and genuine, Vanessa was happy to work with us to customize her services to meet our needs. Not only were the samples I saw some of the most beautiful of the vendors I researched, but Vanessa's commitment to providing top-tier photography at an affordable price truly makes Now Fly Away the best deal in Austin!

Profile Picture Morgan, 5/21/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Vanessa was an excellent photographer! We haven't seen the shots yet, but on the day of our wedding she was attentive, direct, helpful and very encouraging. Her assistant was also great. Vanessa was also flexible with the cost of her photography package when we elected to eliminate the engagement session, and gave us tips on how we should use her for the 6 hours we were allotted.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 4/18/15, 7 Reviews
4.7

I absolutely loved my wedding photos! Vanessa was easy to work with and willing to accommodate my needs. Best of all, she beautifully captured the emotions and significance behind this event for my family and me.

My only two critiques:
1. I was disappointed that neither she nor her second photographer captured the groom's face as I walked into the church. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say this was a fluke - because she captured all the other shots wonderfully. This is the only reason I selected 4.5 instead of 5 for Quality of Service.

2. I selected 4 out of 5 for professionalism because she and her second photographer were rather casually dressed for the ceremony and reception. I expected them to be dressed more business casual for the event.

Still, I would highly recommend Now Fly Away to a friend. I had a great experience, LOVED the pictures, and felt that I received a good value.

Profile Picture Juliann, 8/6/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Vanessa was already taking pictures of my dress before I made it to my dressing room. She was on top of every detail the entire day. She was also very flexible when I decided to add an extra hour of her services last minute. My wedding album was gorgeous and I would trust her to photograph for me again.

Profile Picture Yvonne, 6/3/11, 1 Review