Vanessa Joy Photography Reviews

133 | Freehold, NJ

133 Reviews for Vanessa Joy Photography

Joanna · Married on 09/17/2010

Our experience working with Vanessa was wonderful from start to finish. From our first meeting, I knew she was very talented, professional, and a great person. Everyone I show our pictures to has complemented her work. The pictures are truly breathtaking. With all the stress that planning a wedding can bring, it is so important not only to have someone with great skills photograph your wedding, but also a person you enjoy being around. Vanessa and her team were great to work with; they made the picture taking process feel comfortable. I would highly recommend Vanessa Joy Photography for brides who not only want AMAZING pictures, but also a great person to work with!

Sent on 09/29/2010

Kate · Married on 09/10/2010

Vanessa is a true artist and her passion for photography shines through each flash of her camera. In a week we will be celebrating our second anniversary and as I look around my home I am reminded of the love, joy and happiness that shared on that special day. The pictures displayed in our home recreate our memories of the happiest day of our lives.
    Working with Vanessa and her husband Rob Adams (our cinematographer) brought peace to such a fast paced day. Both Vanessa and Rob’s teams were present but were always in the background. Our favorite moments of the day were spent with Rob and Vanessa during our own photo shoot. The next day my husband let me know that he was nervous about not being able to pose in pictures and whether or not he would have the perfect smile. Vanessa provoked an environment in which we could be ourselves that enabled our true love and happiness to be photographed perfectly.
    There is no better form of advertising than “word of mouth.” We were referred to Vanessa by a former bride and groom of mine. After hearing their testimony and previewing the proofs I was sold. We were so enthused with the end product that we began sharing our thoughts and photos with our family and friends. Within the last two years four of our friends have selected Vanessa as their wedding photographer. One couple in particular selected Vanessa to reshoot their wedding photos as they were not satisfied with their pictures taken on their wedding day by their orginal photographer!
    As we approach our second anniversary we are looking forward viewing our Couture Book wedding album and our video directed by Rob Adams. Both forms of art bring such happiness to us both however; the best “joy” of all is to know that our very best friends will also be able to embrace their wedding day in its truest form on their future anniversaries.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/04/2010

There really aren't enough words to describe the unbelievable talent that Vanessa Joy holds. She was not just hired as a vendor she was hired because her presence truly brings something so special to your wedding day. If you are a bride who was as CRAZY as me about pictures I tell you DO NOT look any further then Vanessa Joy. She will deliver so much more then you could imagine. I have people telling me they have never seen anything as spectacular as the work that she has done. Vanessa Joy has given me something I could never put a price on. AMAZING photos that will be with me forever!!!!! I made the best decision by choosing Vanessa Joy to capture our wedding day!!

Sent on 09/29/2010

Kimberly · Married on 08/27/2010

Vanessa and her team were amazing and fun to work with. They were extremely organized, professional and most of all comforatble to be around. I truely felt like a shining star on my wedding day thanks to the help of Vanessa! She was able to guide myself, wedding party and family into some of the most amazing shots. She immediatly has photos for us to view the next day. Vanessa continued to surpass all of my expectations and more! She is the best in this business :)

Sent on 09/14/2010

Carolyn · Married on 08/21/2010

I found Vanessa kind of by accident, when I had contacted another photographer who was booked for our wedding, but I'm glad I found her! My husband and I met with Vanessa and her husband, cinematographer Rob Adams and quickly decided to book them after meeting and researching a few others and weighing our options. Our first experience in front of the camera with Vanessa was during our engagement session. Neither of us were very comfortable being in front of the camera, but she posed us the right way, made us feel relaxed, and caught our natural in-between moments. We were so happy with the results of the engagement session and after that, were sure we'd made the right decision. Fast-forward a few months to the wedding and it was smooth sailing with Vanessa. She and her team were fantastic and you can tell they enjoy what they are doing and put a best foot forward for each wedding. Pictures are amazing and we are thrilled with the results of the initial photos and can't wait to see the rest. Good value for the money spent, awesome photographs, easy-going yet passionate about her work, very quick with feedback and answers to questions, surprisingly fast with samples of finished photos - an overall "joy" to work with. BOOK HER! :)

Sent on 08/30/2010

Alexandra · Married on 08/14/2010

Vanessa and her crew were awesome. I loved that at the end of the reception she left me a photo book of about 10 pictures from throughout the day that I showed off at the family breakfast the next morning. All my friends and family were impressed with the images we have seen so far and can't wait to see the finished album!

Sent on 08/25/2010

Morgan · Married on 08/07/2010

Vanessa and her crew were awesome! They were fabulous to work with and did an unbelievable job! They were responsible and we did not have to worry about anything related to the photography. They exceeded our expectation and we would highly recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 08/12/2010

Jennifer · Married on 07/31/2010

Vanessa was so easy going and made everything so comfortable. We love the pictures!!!

Sent on 08/10/2010

Vanessa · Married on 07/30/2010

Vanessa was the hit of the wedding. Every guest commented on how amazing her pictures were when she put on our slideshow from earlier in the day during our reception. I highly recommend her. She is professional, talented and passionate about photography and it shows in her work. She was my favorite wedding vendor by far. She made us feel so comfortable and really captured our personalities as individuals and as a couple. Her work is high quality and detail oriented. If you are looking for someone to capture the moment Vanessa Joy is it!

Sent on 03/06/2011

K · Married on 07/24/2010

Absolutely AMAZING!

Sent on 08/14/2010

Meaghan · Married on 07/17/2010

Vanessa is absolutely amazing!!! She is so friendly and easy to talk to, and a relationship was easily formed. We felt so comfortable with her behind the camera, and it showed in our pictures. We could not be happier with Vanessa, as she captured all of the special moments of our day. The photographs came out better than I could have ever imagined; I didn’t know I could look that good! She is truly brilliant and a rare talent. She has a gift and is really amazing at what she does. We are so happy with everything and cannot wait to use her again in the future!

Sent on 10/04/2010

Meryl · Married on 07/03/2010

I cannot give enough compliments to justify how great Vanessa is. She was easily one of our favorite vendors and she did an incredible job capturing all of the special moments and the essence of our wedding. Before selecting Vanessa, we searched through all of Boston's photographers and none of them seemed to compare to Vanessa's style and her ability to capture the emotions and excitment in her photos. She traveled to our destination wedding and even photographed our rehearsal and did a little pre-wedding shoot. Vanessa felt like a friend at the end of the weekend, not just the photographer! She goes above and beyond! Everything from our initial meeting with her, to the big day, to selecting proofs for albums, Vanessa is easy and fun to work and communicate with. We had the pleasure of working with both Vanessa and her husband Rob and not only do they make a fantastic team but they make you feel comfortable and at ease. They make it fun!

My dad came up to me at least three or four times throughout the wedding saying how amazing Vanessa is, how incredible the slideshow photos she displayed were, and how you didn't even know she was there taking pictures, but if you needed her she was right there to help. I could go on forever about how special Vanessa made our wedding, and how in love we are with her photography. She is truly the best and I hope we have an opportunity to work with her again!

Sent on 07/19/2010

Chris · Married on 06/25/2010

Vanessa is an absolutely phenominal artist. Having her photograph our wedding was fantastic. She was able to capture moments with a particular creativity that I did not think was even possible. She was wonderful to work with. She was friendly, professional, and fun. Our wedding day would not have been the same without her there. Vanessa is a one-of-a-kind artist that I would recommend to anyone who is interested capturing memories that you will have forever. Each time I look at the photos it brings me back to that very moment. To have that opportunity to relive one of the greatest days of my life is truly priceless. Thanks for everything Vanessa.

Sent on 07/12/2010
  • Y

yolanda · Married on 06/19/2010

Vanessa Joy and her team were absolutely SPECTACULAR!!
    Vanessa is a true professional and really loves what she does
    for a living and it truly shows.
    She made me feel very comfortable with the camera and she
    made my very insecure groom forget about all his insecurities!
    I would use her over and over again for any professional photography.
    I highly recommend her!!!

Thanks Vanessa!
    Yolanda:)

Sent on 09/19/2010

Carla · Married on 06/12/2010

Vanessa Joy is a pleasure to work with and her photos look beautiful! We are so happy we had a chance to have her photograph our wedding!

Sent on 07/05/2010

Marissa · Married on 06/05/2010

Vanessa did an absolutely extraordinary job with capturing all the special moments of our wedding day! She was extremely professional, kind, and you can tell how passionate she is about photography! She was a pleasure to work with and made me and my husband feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Our images say it all...she is extremely talented and we couldn't be happier we chose her to photograph our wedding day! Thank you Vanessa for everything!

Sent on 06/17/2010

Courtney · Married on 05/30/2010

I loved having Vanessa photograph my wedding. I was blown away by the quality of the pictures and the extra 'surprises' she had for us at the reception. I have nothing but great things to say about her work and would highly recommend her to my friends, family and future brides.

Sent on 09/07/2010

kristin · Married on 05/08/2010

Vanessa Joy Photography is simply AMAZING!!!! She was fantastic to work with throughout the whole wedding planning process from start to finish. My pictures were incredible. All of my guests were floored by the stunning same day pictures displayed during the reception. Thank you so much for capturing my wedding day in such a beautiful way!!! You're the best!!!

Sent on 05/16/2010
  • Diane

Diane · Married on 04/09/2010

Vanessa and her team were beyond five stars in EVERY category. Vanessa even put an album together for us as a surprise DURING our reception. The slideshow was up during the reception and compliments from our guests started rolling in. It didn't even occur to me that the pictures on the slideshow were of my new husband and me. I didn't think it could be put together so quickly and so beautifully. I could continue to write about how awesome and breath-taking our wedding photos are because of Vanessa and her team, but I'm going to end by saying: Why are you still reading this?!? Book Vanessa NOW! You will have NO regrets.

Sent on 04/17/2010

Tricia · Married on 01/09/2010

Vanessa is simply the BEST OF THE BEST!!!! I am so thankful to have met her and been able to have had her as my wedding photographer! Our photos are AMAZING! Vanessa and her team did an incredible job of capturing all of the special moments that made our wedding day so wonderful! She is clearly blessed with amazing talent! From the moment we met she was so helpful with all of the details! Especially on the day of the wedding, she was like a friend - helping me with my veil, etc! My guests were so impressed with the digital photo frame that she set up during the reception and kept asking "where did you find her, she's amazing!!!" Thank you Vanessa for making our wedding day so special, we will treasure these photos for the rest of our lives! You're amazing!

Sent on 06/23/2010

Sarah · Married on 12/04/2009

Working with Vanessa Joy was almost as much of a pleasure as the photos we received. I would highly recommend her to any bride! I knew I would receive great pictures from her but when I got them, they exceeded my expectations. Simply amazing!

Sent on 02/08/2010

kerianne · Married on 11/14/2009

Vanessa was my photographer for my November 14, 2009 wedding. Mid-way through the reception, my brother in law pulls me aside and said " Kerianne, without seeing any pictures, I can already tell you, they are going to be amazing. Im just sitting here watching her, and I don't know if its because she has her own wedding coming up, or she just loves what she does, but it shows" I think that pretty much sums up Vanessa as a photographer. I mean its pretty amazing when someone already tells you that your going to have the best pictures when they haven't even seen one. The thing is, Vanessa is so passionate about what she does, and it shows. I can tell you not only did she take the most gorgeous photos ever (and Ive only seen 63 of them so far), but she also was just a super helpful hand the day of the wedding. It sounds funny but she helped me figure out how to step into my dress with my crinoline on, she helped me find my lipgloss and a slew of other things that my family and I overlooked since we were so stressed the day of the wedding. And having her be there and be calm, was huge asset!
    Vanessa is not only a friend, but an incredibly artist doing what she does best and you'd be a fool not to use her. She's been doing this a long time and her excitement for every individual project is something not found in most photographers or vendors in general that we looked at. Upon meeting her in the first 5 minutes you'll see that she's caring, professional and really willing to make your wedding amazing and one of a kind. I love seeing how all her photos are different pertaining to each wedding. She's not a cookie cutter photographer, and thats why I used and 110% recommend Vanessa Joy Photography.

Sent on 11/30/2009

Kristin · Married on 11/07/2009

Vanessa did an amazing job capturing our wedding. I did a lot of shopping around for our photographer, since that's one of the only ways you'll remember your big day and as soon as I met with Vanessa I knew I had found the perfect person to capture it all.

Vanessa is by far the most original, creative photographer I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I'd remarry (same man of course!) just to be able to work with Vanessa again. She far surpassed our expectations and is truly one of the most talented and gifted photographers we've ever worked with. Saying we were pleased with our photos is an understatement! She made our day even more beautiful and was an absolute joy to have around, both as a person and a photographer.

Vanessa was extremely quick and responsive to my e-mails and phone calls from the time I booked her up to our wedding and even after the wedding! She and her assistant were WONDERFUL at our wedding. We barely noticed that they were there, yet they managed to capture such beautiful and unique photos. Vanessa set up her laptop at the reception and played a slideshow of photos from the ceremony and "getting ready" photos. They were GORGEOUS and made everyone so excited. SO many of our guests kept complimenting me on picking such a great photographer and kept saying, "where did you find her! She's awesome!"

Sent on 12/01/2009

Danielle · Married on 10/24/2009

Vanessa is the best wedding photographer around. She takes amazing pictures and really listens to what a bride wants. She is very accomodating to her customers and is concerned with creating a package that works for them. I am so lucky that I was able to have her with me on my special day. If I could give her 100 stars, I would!!

Sent on 11/24/2009

Viviane · Married on 10/10/2009

Vanessa,

It wouldn't be fair to the world if you didn't become a photographer full-time.

I've been to and in a ton of weddings and I want you to know that you have something special. Most photographers are an intrusion and the better ones are invisible. You became a trusted and enjoyable partner in our wedding.

You were so much more than clicking the button at the right moment. Viviane and I were talking about the night and both of us want to thank you for helping out with a thousand tiny things from having mountains of patience to teaching us how to cut the cake. You added something that can't be defined and it helped the entire day be as amazing as it was.

If anyone ever wants to talk to a client, don't ever hesitate to give them our information.

Good luck with your wedding and career, I'm sure we will be calling you when we have children and we want perfect pictures.

Many Thanks!