Vanessa Joy Photography Reviews

134 | Freehold, NJ

134 Reviews for Vanessa Joy Photography

Kate · Married on 10/01/2011

First let me start off by saying that I never do reviews but Vanessa and her photographers are AMAZING! From the moment I met Vanessa about a year ago I knew she was the one who we wanted for our wedding day. Her attitude and passion for this business is infectious and makes you want to become a photographer. On the day of our wedding Vanessa, Matt and Jay made us feel like we were celebrities. AND by the time they left the reception Vanessa had put a few of our pictures up on facebook! It was great to be able to go home the next day and look at pictures and relive it all over again.

I can not say enough about Vanessa and her team. I will recommend them to EVERYONE!

Sent on 10/04/2011
  • nicole

nicole · Married on 09/24/2011

Vanessa is amazing! Our photos are beautiful and beyond our highest expectations. We received a small album the night of the wedding and had her favorite pictures up on her website and facebook right away. I would recommend her to everyone one!

Sent on 10/01/2011

Katherine · Married on 09/23/2011

Selecting Vanessa Joy as my wedding photographer was probably the best decision I made in regards to our wedding. From the very beginning upon booking her she always responded extremely quickly to any question I may have had. I had to reschedule our engagement photo shoot and she was more than accommodating to meet our schedule of availability. After the engagement shoot within days she had the photos available online and the cutest slideshow to go along with it.

For our wedding day I couldn't have been more pleased. They showed up on time and we're very professional and almost made it seem like they weren't even there when I was getting ready. My flower bouquet almost became a disaster as some dyed leaves stained the front of my dress during photos with myself and bridesmaids. Vanessa and her assistant were on top of it and used some shout wipes to help clear it up, which i will be forever grateful!

While have dinner at the reception one of my friends came up to me and said "My sister just texted me and your photographer already has photos up on FB of you". I have no idea how they had the time to do this but later that night, when i couldn't sleep still running on a wedding high, I looked at the photos and they were absolutely amazing. I couldn't believe all the little details and how amazing she made everything look. While we're were finishing up dinner Vanessa came over to me and told me she had a little gift for me. She gave my husband and I a small little album with 10 or so pictures from earlier on in the day. I was almost speechless it was the nicest, sweetest thing and I started showing it off to everybody!

If Vanessa Joy has your wedding date available book her immediately, you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/09/2011

j · Married on 09/09/2011

Vanessa was a wonderful person to have by our side the day of the wedding. she was thoughtful and patient and addressed all of our needs for the day. I would recommend her highly to any bride looking for phenomenal pictures.

Sent on 11/20/2011

Kerry · Married on 09/04/2011

Our wedding photographer, Vanessa Joy, was nothing less than spectacular from the moment we stepped into her office. She is professional, honest, very knowledgeable, careful and precise in her approach to capturing the essence of a moment on camera. Her business is reflective of who she is. We don’t have any complaints at all toward our experience working with Vanessa during the ten months that we spent prior to and on our wedding day with her. Initially we went back and forth trying to decide if we should spend the extra money to book with her, but we are so happy we did. Vanessa Joy was 100% worth the money that we spent for her expertise. Each time we look at our engagement and wedding day pictures we smile because there truly aren’t any pictures that we really don’t like. Some are better than others, but they are all incredible! We are amazed at how many pictures she took that capture the feeling we had in the moment; so few pictures look fake or posed. Not only did she capture our feelings, but she also took pictures of our friends and loved ones without them knowing that allow us to see how they felt during our reception and ceremony.

We first experienced the way Vanessa works at our engagement shoot in Hoboken. She brought someone with her and we walked up and down the waterfront listening to her directions while she took her pictures. She made us feel at ease and the time flew by. We didn’t feel uncomfortable or awkward with her at all. She had us pose a few times, but for the most part, she let us be ourselves. Her easy-going, friendly personality probably lends itself to care-free photo shoots. Her enthusiasm toward the work she does is sincere. She is pleasant and flexible, understanding if the weather isn’t right for a Friday night photo shoot, she’ll reschedule for another Friday. She is quick to respond to phone calls and emails so we weren’t waiting around for answers to questions. She is attentive, even when she’s out of town, and provides her customers with details regarding what she can and will do to make your life easy. (Putting “Vanessa’s Favs” online the same night of the photo shoot! And giving you a take home mini album the night of your wedding!)

At our wedding, Nick and I don’t even remember seeing Vanessa at our reception at all! The only time we saw her was when she handed us a small booklet of her favorite pictures she had taken that day for us to take home. We were afraid that she may not have gotten any pictures of our family at the reception, but she did! She is so creative and enthusiastic in her approach… she used all of the extra props that we had in unique ways. If you look at our photos, you’ll see our rainbow parasols used as silhouettes and the bridal party jumping in mid-air on the dock. Everything turned out perfectly in both our engagement pictures and our reception pictures. The only suggestion that we might make is to spend time deciding any extra pictures you may want with certain people at the reception. Since Vanessa doesn’t want to invade your day, she will take all of the pictures you ask her to, but if you forget to say, “Hey get one of me, my dad and my uncle at the reception” she’ll have no clue you want that picture.

We recommend Vanessa Joy without reservation to anyone who is looking for an outstanding photographer. Thank you Vanessa.

Sent on 11/10/2011

Danielle · Married on 09/03/2011

Vanessa and her team are best described in one word; amazing. After researching a few different photographers, we decided on Vanessa immediately after meeting with her. She is honest, genuine and her work speaks for itself.
    During the day of our wedding, her team was professional and fun. We had a great time shooting with them from start to finish.
    The end product is literally beyond words. Her work brings me to tears every time. Do not miss the opportunity to work with Vanessa Joy.

Sent on 09/26/2011

courtney · Married on 08/27/2011

I love Vanessa's work! She's more than just a digital photographer, she's clearly studied photography and has an unbelievable talent especially when it comes to lighting. She also has the ability to highlight great features without it appearing over processed.

On top of her talent, her speed in which she works is amazing. She handed us a preview of our wedding album at the reception! It was great to share with everyone our professional photos with guest still at the party!

I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/13/2011

Corinne · Married on 07/29/2011

There are so many great things I want to say about Vanessa and her photography service, that I do not know where to begin!
    Vanessa and her team photographed my wedding on July 29, 2011. From the very beginning, Vanessa was amazing! She was easily reachable and approachable throughout the process of getting ready for my wedding. She was organized and I knew exactly what to expect on the big day- which was a huge relief since I was nervous enough!
    On the actual wedding day, she was on time (actually early) and ready to go. Throughout the whole day, she was positive and friendly (it poured while I was taking my bridal party/couple shots at my venue and she still found a way to get the best shots, you would never know it was raining!!) While I was getting ready, she actually went above and beyond and helped me get into my gown ( my mom was having trouble and was very anxious and my maid of honor was still getting her hair done!) She really came through for me!!
    I have already received some photos from the day and just the few I have seen are amazing! Her creative eye is something that I cannot describe. Her pictures are unique, beautiful, and perfect. She captured my day in a way that I know no one else could! I would recommend her to ANYONE without hesitation because I know no one will be disappointed!!!!

Sent on 08/19/2011

Katherine · Married on 07/09/2011

As a very critical and discerning bride, it was of the utmost importance that my photographer be the best, not only with a great reputation but flexible and willing to accommodate my many (and sometimes picky) needs. Vanessa Joy is all of that and more. She made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process and was always available to chat and answer my millions of questions! I will confidently recommend her to all of my friends and family and to any bride who wants the beauty of her wedding perfectly captured!

Sent on 07/25/2011

Jessica · Married on 07/01/2011

Vanessa is truly amazing! This is the person you want to hire for good communication and excellent work. She even gave me her cell phone number for my texting needs and was quick to answer all emails. The proofs from our wedding are all beautiful its so hard to pick.
    I highly recommend her services.

Sent on 08/04/2011

Erin · Married on 06/25/2011

Vanessa Joy was the photographer for our wedding two weeks ago. She was a delight to work with, from start to finish, and her work is so impressive that we will absolutely be recommending her to our friends.

My husband and I researched and met with several photographers before deciding to book with Vanessa last year. She had already photographed both a friend's and a colleague's weddings and both of those references were extremely impressed with her work. From the beginning, I knew that my fiance was going to be a tough sell in the "photographer department"... his father owns a photography store so, needless to say, he has very high standards and photography is his passion, as well. Once seeing Vanessa's work, he was sold... and I was thrilled.

Vanessa offers many packages at different price points so we were able to select a package that allowed us to remain within our budget. The day of the wedding, Vanessa and her staff were an absolute joy to work with. They made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera and were simply fun to be around. After the posed photos, she and her staff faded into the background and we honestly didn't even know they were there. They allow you to have your evening and they are there (discreetly) to document it. As a result, I am looking forward to seeing what they captured in terms of candids throughout the reception... very exciting!

A few days after the wedding, Vanessa posts online what she calls "Vanessa's Favorites", which is the first batch of photos you'll receive that provides you with a glimpse into what's to come (for us, this was about 90 photos). The rest of the photos she provides online about a month after the wedding. We have already seen our first batch of photos and we could not love them more. We're looking forward to receiving the rest of them in a few weeks.

Bottom line, I could not recommend Vanessa Joy more. She's a talented and professional photographer... and most importantly, a very nice person. This part of the wedding is a no brainer... you will love working with her.

Sent on 07/13/2011

Jessica · Married on 06/04/2011

I will keep this short: Vanessa is a genius. She is so unbelievably talented and easy to work with - your only regret would be not to use her as your photographer. I have gotten hundreds of compliments on my photos and my wedding was only 2 weeks ago!!! I could not be happier with my choice to have Vanessa photograph my wedding day. Amazing!!

Sent on 06/21/2011

Lauren · Married on 05/29/2011

Vanessa Joy is simply the best. She is easy to work with, knowledgeable, and FUN! She photographed both our engagement session and most recently our wedding and we are beyond thrilled. I knew from looking at her photos online that we were in great hands but she truly brought such an valuable element to our day that we didn't even expect. On a day that is anything but calm, Vanessa and her team were amazing at keeping us on schedule and making it fun and comfortable.
    As if that were not enough, before the end of our ceremony she came over to my husband and I and gave us a small photo album of some shots she took during the day. It was truly a great surprise and awesome to then have to pass around to our friends and family. Everyone is already raving about the pictures and it was awesome to have them online even before we got home from the reception. To relive the day immediately is beyond words and we are so thankful to Vanessa and her team for all that they did for us that day. We will be forever singing her praises as we look at our photos in all the years to come!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Chrissy · Married on 05/28/2011

Booking Vanessa was hands down the BEST investment I made for my wedding! Photography was always the most important wedding decision for me and after looking at, what felt like, hundreds of photographers, none held a candle to the work of Vanessa Joy Photography. From our first meeting to the wedding, I must have emailed asked her a million questions, and she answered every one promptly and in the friendliest manner. Our package came with an engagement session which was a great way for us to ‘practice’ in front of the camera so that we were more comfortable on the wedding day. Both my fiancé and I were ‘new’ to being professionally photographed, but Vanessa made us feel so at ease in front of the camera and found all these amazing locations around our town - it was so much fun and the pictures were incredible!
    On the day of, Vanessa and her assistant came to my house, while two other members of her team went to the hotel where my fiancé was getting ready. Everyone showed up on time, was super friendly, and helped bring a sense of calm to the morning (something very important to keep in mind when picking a photographer who will be with you the entire day when your emotions are high!) The entire team worked so hard all day long and it was such a pleasure to have them spending the day with us. It didn’t even feel like there were 3 photographers clicking away all night because they blended into the wedding so well, but I can see now from all the gorgeous photos that they really captured every aspect of my wedding and even details that I didn’t see! Vanessa even surprised me in the middle of the night with a mini photo album of pictures from earlier in the day! It was amazing how quickly she was able to turn that around and both our parents loved being able to show off a few ‘teasers’ of the photography the next morning at our brunch. We also rented a photobooth through Vanessa, and the guests LOVED it! We now have a hilarious and unique guest book to remember all of the friends and family who attended our special day.
    You wait your whole life for your wedding day and then it comes and goes in a blink of an eye. What remains afterward are the pictures that you can look at again and again to remember that wonderful day. Now that our wedding is over, the photos are GORGEOUS and I can’t stop looking at them! They’ve even been selected to be on StyleMePretty.com (!!) which is a huge compliment to Vanessa’s talent, as it is really hard to be featured. I couldn't recommend her more or speak more highly of her--she truly is an exceptionally talented photographer who is patient, responsive, professional, and super friendly. I absolutely loved working with her! Amazing, amazing photos - Thank you Vanessa!

Sent on 06/13/2011

Jessica · Married on 05/14/2011

Vanessa did a terrific job in capturing every moment of our wedding. She was efficient with time (which was one of my biggest concerns) and you felt as she wasn't even there! The turn around time was amazing in how fast we were able to view our photos from our day. I cannot emphasize enough how amazing her work is and how great of a person she is!!

Sent on 06/09/2011

Alanna · Married on 04/30/2011

Vanessa Joy Photography is the one wedding vendor I would insist EVERYONE use. The quality of her work is impeccable, and the value FAR outweighs the cost. The pictures are gorgeous and the options for print work, albums, and canvesses are endless.

She's incredibly responsive to email and phone messages despite her hectic schedule and happily answers questions above and beyond her role as photographer.

The photographers she works with are just as talented as she is, so you don't have to worry about your groom's "getting ready" pictures being sub-par. Everyone is on-time, professional, and fun to work with. They all thoroughly enjoy what they do, and that comes through in both your experience with them and the finished product. It's a no-brainer to book this company.

Sent on 05/17/2011

Caroline · Married on 04/02/2011

From the beginning Vanessa was absolutely fantastic. My new husband and I were fortunate enough to have her shoot our engagement photos and immediately she made us feel at ease and comfortable instead of awkward and anxious. The pictures came out so well that immediately people were telling us how great they were. Finally the day of the wedding and she arrived perfectly on time (actually a little early) and was not intrusive at all. Once again I was immediately at ease not only because of her calming presence but I knew the pictures were going to be great. Her own excitement about my wedding and her passion for her work clearly shows with every click of her camera. At the end of the evening I was given a photo album of some of the pictures she had taken earlier that day. It is so great to be able to show people pictures of the wedding right after it happens and it lets you relive every great moment. She is 100% professional and knew exactly what I wanted plus what she wanted to shoot and when she put it together the final product is magnificent. Although people may find her pricey I would hire again in an instant and if she needed me to I would pay more. I recommend completely and she would be the best decision you could make for you wedding (besides your groom).

Sent on 04/07/2011
  • J&Z

Zagana · Married on 03/26/2011

Vanessa and her team did an awesome job at our wedding. We are so happy with what we have seen so far, and cannot wait to see the rest of our pictures!

Sent on 03/30/2011

stephanie · Married on 11/27/2010

Vanessa is just amazing! Words are not enough to describe the work that she does. We were lucky enough to work with Vanessa for our engagement photos as well as our November 2010 wedding. The pictures are breath taking. Vanessa and her team are so professional--they go instride with you on your wedding day. The photos that she gets---are simply amazing. I could not have had any other person take our wedding photos!!!

Sent on 12/15/2010

Jackie · Married on 11/13/2010

Words can't describe how much passion Vanessa has for her job. She goes way above and beyond what is asked for. I love her and more importantly her work. My wedding pictures were amazing, if you can somehow muster the money together to pay for Vanessa- She is VERY much worth every penny! Good things in life usually come with a high cost :) I'm so happy I went with Vanessa than going a cheaper route!
    I'm so happy with the results!

Sent on 11/28/2010

Kirsten · Married on 10/29/2010

May 2012- Wedding - Vanessa... you and your team are simply outstanding and Rob & I couldn't be happier to have you guys capture our special day. Once again, you exceeded our expectations. Your talent for photography, as well as your professionalism, kindness and understanding is priceless. There are truly no words express our gratitude!!
    Oct. 2010-Engagement Party - I am SO happy I found you! The second I viewed your website & blog, I knew I HAD to use you for our Engagement party. You provided great recommendations, were so easy to work with and your work is just outstanding. You completely exceeding my expectations which were already sky high. I can't say enough about your work... and neither can my family & friends! Thank you for capturing moments I didn't know were possible to capture! <3

Sent on 11/02/2010

Lauren · Married on 10/24/2010

These are the most beautiful pictures!! I have no idea how Vanessa made us look so wonderful, but I'm thrilled that these are the photos we'll have for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Amy · Married on 10/23/2010

Vanessa is the most amazing wedding photographer (and amazing photographer in general)! Our pictures are so beautiful and I've gotten compliments on them from everyone who's seen them. She captures the intimate moments, so you have so much more than the standard posed shots (which she does too, and they are gorgeous as well). She has an amazing eye for locations and light, so everything comes out just stunning. She is professional, unassuming and quick with the group shots so you have time to enjoy the reception. She is easy to work with and has the experience to help everything run as smooth as possible. I've even had people tell me that they got misty-eyed looking at the pictures. My husband and I will look back on these forever and remember what a special, wonderful day it was.

Sent on 10/28/2010

Nicole · Married on 10/10/2010

Vanessa Joy Photography provided outstanding service that was beyond our expectations! She provided beautiful pictures that captured every detail of our wedding! Having her photograph our wedding was an honor!

Sent on 10/21/2010

Danielle · Married on 10/02/2010

Vanessa Joy Photography is AMAZING!!! We met Vanessa at a wedding in which we were guests 15 months before our wedding. As soon as we saw the way she took the photos, the way she interacted with the wedding and the results and knew that she was our photographer. We checked out other photographers but no one came even close to the quality and the creativeness that Vanessa has. I have been in several weddings and have been a guest and something that is also different about her is that she is so unobtrusive during the ceremony and reception, but still captures every moment...it is truly amazing! My guests saw her work immediately at our wedding and on my facebook page and I have had more compliments on my photos...all I have to say is my photographer is amazing!!

Sent on 10/22/2010