Vanessa Joy Photography Reviews

134 | Freehold, NJ

134 Reviews for Vanessa Joy Photography

Tiffany · Married on 05/18/2013

Vanessa Joy is simply one of the most incredible, talented, and delightful people we've ever met, nevermind the fact that she takes the most gorgeous photos you could ever imagine! From the second we met Vanessa we liked her, and when we saw her work we were head over heels in love! I was looking for a photographer who understood my vision and was not going to just produce cookie-cutter portraits of my May 18, 2013 wedding day, and boy did I find it in Vanessa! Working tirelessly to capture my vision, Vanessa and her team helped me pick the location for our engagement session, met with me as many times as necessary to go over details prior to the wedding, and was non-intrusive on the day of. When we saw Vanessa's "same day edit" of our wedding photos we were floored, and friends and family keep telling us, almost two weeks later, that they can't stop looking at the pictures! We've only been married for 12 days and we're already looking for excuses to work with Vanessa Joy Photography again down the line!! Hiring this company was one of the top decisions we made concerning our wedding and we HIGHLY recommend Vanessa and her team to couples looking true artists to capture their big day!!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Jamie · Married on 05/17/2013

If I could give 10 stars I would! Vanessa is absolutely amazing at what she does and I am beyond thankful that we used her for our wedding! We didn't think our engagement pictures(done by her) could be topped until we saw our wedding pictures. They were breath taking. She is a master in finding the perfect poses and amazing scenery. She captured the most precious moments that happened on the most important day of our lives! And she is literally a sweetheart! She made me feel like I was the most gorgeous bride in the world and we had the best time spending all of the day with her and her crew. I am SO happy that we came across her in our wedding planning stages and she was honestly worth every single cent spent! Simply amazing :)

Sent on 05/20/2013

Tara · Married on 11/04/2012

Vanessa was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was extremely professional and made us feel so comfortable. I would highly recommend her. Her work speaks for itself. The pictures I have seen so far are truly beautiful. I can't wait to see the rest!!!!!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Erin · Married on 10/28/2012

Vanessa was so amazing to work with for my wedding. Throughout my engagement tons of questions came up and she was always able to help me along the way. The first time we worked with Vanessa was during our engagement session. We not only got some pretty amazing pictures but we had a blast working with Vanessa and Kyleigh! She makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera and every picture is better and better!!!! Our wedding night Vanessa and her team did such an awesome job! They stayed out of the way as much as possible and still got great shots that are worth so much! I was shocked the night of the wedding at dinner when Vanessa presented us with a small album of some of the wedding photos that were literally taken only hours ago! That was such an awesome thing to do and it allowed us to having something to take home and show our family and friends right away! We could not be happier that we chose Vanessa for our photographer, our special day is captured perfectly and we owe so much thanks to her and her team! Thank you Vanessa, Kyleigh, and John for all your hard work!!!!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Jacque · Married on 10/19/2012

Vanessa and her team were absolutely incredible. They are so genuine and talented and you can tell they really take pride in what they do. From the very beginning they listened to exactly what we wanted for our wedding and made sure that they walked us through each and every step of the process. The day of the wedding they had a team at my house and more photographers with my fiancee. They spent so much time making sure everything was perfect. Guests were coming up to us all night complimenting how amazing they were. By the time my husband and I sat down for dinner, Vanessa handed us a small album with about 10 pictures in it from earlier that day! I was floored! I could not say enough good things about Vanessa Joy Photography, she completely blew us away. She is amazing...

Sent on 10/22/2012

Christine · Married on 10/06/2012

Vanessa and her team arrived early and stayed late. Everyone raved aout the same day edit that they saw at the wedding. We were so surprised when we got a little brag book-THAT NIGHT! We could not be happier and cannot wait to get started on making our album.

Sent on 10/21/2012

Jill · Married on 09/28/2012

Vanessa and her team were the best! Anything that we had suggested as possible photos ops and any props we had she was sure to use! Vanessa and team were so easy going, even when one of my bridesmaids was not ready in time for pictures she was able to plan out shots utilizing people all of our small details and people that were ready so that the day went smooth. As a too organized bride, I had some off the wall ideas and Vanessa was very easy going with it all and totally into the different looks that we were shooting for. Her photos were exactly what we wanted for our wedding and we actually teared up a little when we saw them! Vanessa captured moments that day that will forever be benchmarks in our memories! Vanessa and her team have such a great eye and appreciation for everything beautiful and we were absolutely blessed to have worked with her! As a bride my wedding day would not have been the same without her and her humor. She had us laughing all day and her and her team went above and beyond in assisting when we needed anything! We love Vanessa and her team! We are so pleased we booked Vanessa!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Danielle · Married on 09/15/2012

Vanessa and her crew were simply AMAZING!! She shot both my engagement session and wedding. What I love is that she selects a good amount of photos and edits them so that you have the digital photos and slideshow to see right away. She gets the most fantastic shots and can really capture those special moments like no other photographer I've seen. With Vanessa, you really do get what you pay for-the quality of her work is second to none!

Sent on 09/24/2012
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/02/2012

Initially we chose Vanessa because of her style, we felt she was the perfect mix of traditional and contemporary. We found Vanessa online while browsing for local photographers. When the big day came, the job Vanessa and her assistants did was absolutely phenomenal and surpassed our expectations! We couldn't have been more pleased with how accomodating and professional Vanessa and her crew were. Most importantly they all made us feel at ease on what can be a pretty hectic day. We never worried for one moment about any detail related to photography. Our family and friends were blown away by the pictures at the reception and I was shocked to receive a gift (at the end of my reception!) of a mini photo album with pics she had taken just moments before. The album was a wonderful sneak peak to show to those who were not able to attend our wedding. Vanessa also posted some photos to facebook so our friends and family out of state were able to view as soon as the next day!

I would recommend Vanessa Joy Photography to anyone looking for a top notch, elegant, and professional photographer for your wedding!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2012

Vanessa and her team was absolutely amazing to work with! The photographer was the most important part of the wedding to my husband and I and she did such a great job! She was so nice and kind to work with and always very responsive. The pictures turned out unbelievably. She was able to bring a 4th photographer with her last minute to get even more pictures. I loved that they weren't in the way or blocking anything from the guests, but yet got such amazing pictures. Our guests said it was the most technological wedding they had ever been to - the pictures were on Facebook before the wedding was over, and there was a digital picture frame with pictures of the day in the venue lobby. We absolutely loved working with her and would recommend her to anyone else.

Sent on 09/11/2012

Rosalie · Married on 07/27/2012

Vanessa Joy was amazing!!!! Every picture was breathtaking, one more beautiful than the next. We can't stop looking at the pictures and are so excited that we had her capture every moment of our dream wedding!

Sent on 08/06/2012

Vera · Married on 07/22/2012

We have booked with Vanessa prior to having anything else solidified for our wedding. After seeing her work, we knew that we had to make sure that she was available and then everything else would follow. The decision could not have been better!!! Vanessa is beyond talented!!! Her work is magnificent! She really gives it 110% and it does not go unnoticed! She captured our wedding wonderfully, not forgetting any details. Our wedding photos were digitally displayed during the reception as well as uploaded to facebook as the party was still going on! Our guests could not believe how quickly everything was done and of such high quality! Upon return from our honeymoon, our proofs were ready!!! She also included a slideshow and a blog. Bottom line, Vanessa goes beyond to make sure that her clients are happy!!! I would recommend Vanessa & her husband Rob Adams (Videographer) to everyone!!! They are a wonderful team and you cannot go wrong! The level of professionalism and quality was noticed from day one and they have carried it through magnificently, surpassing both of our expectations. These are the memories that will remain with us forever and we are very grateful to Vanessa & Rob for their exquisite work!!!

Sent on 08/23/2012

Michelle · Married on 06/22/2012

June 22, 2012 I married my best friend, and I was fortunate enough that I had the unbelievably talented Vanessa Joy be able to photograph it. One of the most important things on my wedding checklist was to have an outstanding photographer. Why? Because once the night is over, photographs & memories are the only thing you have to reflect on one of the most important days in your life. Vanessa's style of photography is just FLAWLESS! She leaves you wanting more! Throughout all of my planning, she was the most responsive vendor I had. As soon as I was to send Vanessa an email, within the same day, or next few minutes I would hear back from her. Vanessa is extremely fast with getting your photos available online, so you can quicly get to see them! That we all know is very exciting! At our wedding, family and friends were telling us that our photogapher had already posted photos on facebook! At that point, I still had 3 hours left of my reception and she was still there photographing it! Vanessa also had a special surprise for us during the reception! :) It was so easy and such a pleasure to talk with her about things and ask her advice. Vanessa made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera, and because of that our photos came out even more beautiful. I would reccomend Vanessa Joy Photography to everyone without any hesitation!! One of the best decisions we had made! Not a day goes by that we dont look through our photos to re live moments of our wedding day. Everyone should be so lucky to have Vanessa Joy be able to share in, and photograph there special day!! If I had to use one word to describe my entire experience with Vanessa Joy Photography it would be exceptional!!

Sent on 07/22/2012

Miriam · Married on 06/12/2012

One of the best decisions we made during our engagement/wedding was hiring Vanessa Joy as our photographer. Although her prices are a bit higher than other photographers out there, the value product you receive in return far exceeds the cost. Vanessa is a pleasure to work with. When we first met with her in her home she treated us with respect and friendliness, spewing out good vibes. She was clear and honest about her services and fees, and showed us many examples of her work; you could not as for a more professional attitude. We fell in love with her work immediately. She is truly an artist, and captures love and moments in both an interesting and flattering way. I'm no photographer, but I can confidently say that the photo quality (color/lighting/clarity) is unparalleled. As part of our package we received an "engagement" photo shoot, about 10 months before the wedding. We had an hour long session in central park with about 150 pictures in many different locations and poses. She does not use fancy lights or big cameras, just her own high quality camera with many different lenses. She is all about the natural approach, which I have to agree is the best way to capture real moments. The pictures came out INCREDIBLE, even for a muggy humid day, she made us both look SEXY! During the wedding day itself, she and her small crew were punctual, professional, and organized. The pictures she took were unbelievable. You really just have to see them for yourself on her website. She even had a slideshow of pictures she took earlier that day up at a table during the reception to the delight of everyone. Our wedding pictures are chic and sexy while being also classy and timeless. She captures everyone in their best light. What more could you ask for? We are so happy to have had her document our special day!

Sent on 07/06/2012

The quality of Vanessa's pictures is simply incredible, and she was very helpful and communicative throughout the entire process. Everything was explained clearly and she obviously cares deeply about her work and works very hard to make sure you are happy too. I cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Lauren · Married on 05/19/2012

I don't think anything I write here can accurately explain how I feel about working with Vanessa and how much I love her work. Vanessa is a true professional and amazing to work with. Vanessa captured all of the special moments during our wedding, I have not been able to stop looking at my pictuers since they were posted. I can not wait to do my 'trash the dress' session with Vanessa and work with her again!

Vanessa has gone above and beyond to accomidate me and my family which is not something your wedding venders need to do. Yet Vanessa did, it showed not only that she is an amazing photographer and wedding vender but an amazing person. This is the type of person and vender that you want to work with over and over again. This also goes for Vanessa's husband and my videographer Rob Adams, I loved having them both there and working as a team on my wedding day. I highly recomend both of them to Mske your photo and video the best it can be!

Sent on 06/16/2012

Megan · Married on 05/12/2012

Hands down, the best money we ever spent. We absolutely LOVED Vanessa and her team. They were professional and amazingly talented the whole way through. During our wedding we got to see a sneak peak of pictures from earlier in the day and they took our breath away. Us along with our guests were so impressed! We cannot wait to see the rest! If you value great photography (especially on your wedding day!) look no further!!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Kate · Married on 04/28/2012

Vanessa is amazing! Her work is unbelievable. All my family and friends cannot stop talking about all the pictures. Vanessa surprised me at the reception and not only had pictures on a digital slideshow, but also gave me a beautiful little photo album from the pictures we took earlier that day! Not only is Vanessa and her staff so talented, but she is a pleasure to work with. Vanessa is such a kind hearted and genuine person. You can tell how much she loves her career. I HIGHLY recommend!! These pictures Vanessa captured we will cherish for the rest of our lives! We love you Vanessa!! Xoxo Kate & Ryan

Sent on 05/03/2012

Michelle · Married on 03/23/2012

Vanessa Joy has amazing and the most artistic photos for special occasions. My husband and I are very pleased at how Vanessa and her team had done the photography work for our wedding. I loved most how she captured our emotions and moments in time without having to always pose for the camera. She is very dedicated to her clients and is open to clients’ requests for particular photos. Throughout the weeks leading to our wedding Vanessa and us have had constant communication in planning for our day. By the time the big day arrived we had felt like Vanessa was not just a photographer but a friend. We definitely recommend to other future clients to book with Vanessa Joy because the joy that comes from Vanessa and her team make your special occasion a memory to last a lifetime.

Sent on 04/10/2012

Jennifer · Married on 03/17/2012

Vanessa was amazing! Her work speaks for itself. I will add I hate photos of myself, usually. I always think i look silly or just bad but in her photos I looked beautiful! She captured everything we wanted and more. Her assistants were fabulous as well! In the church and at my reception she captured everything without making her prescence known. She will roll in the grass or run down a hill just to get the right shot.

Sent on 03/20/2012

Diana · Married on 11/12/2011

Vanessa is an AMAZING photographer! Her talents is beyond explanation and she is highly professional and fun to be around. She will do anything to get you the best shots. Vanessa and her friend Erin traveled to Mexico to photograph our destination wedding, before the wedding day she took the time to walk around and find some great spots to photograph us through out the resort and town. To say the least, our wedding pictures came out BEAUTIFUL and I can't stop looking at them. Vanessa is worth every penny and would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Ryan Ann · Married on 11/05/2011

Vanessa Joy Photography made our wedding memories beautiful! I could not ask for more amazing pictures! From our engagement photos to the wedding day, she has exceeded our expectations! Vanessa is a pleasure to work with and her team was awesome! We are thrilled and can't wait to see our album!

Sent on 11/13/2011

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2011

Vanessa and her team were absolutely awesome to work with! We barely even noticed they were there! Our pictures are flawless including every little detail that we wanted. Vanessa has an eye for beauty and perfection, and it shows in every photo. We are so pleased with the work Vanessa and her team did for us on one of the most important days of our lives! Thank you!!!!

Sent on 11/30/2011

Cara · Married on 10/29/2011

My husband and I cannot express in words how grateful we are for Vanessa's amazing work. She captured every moment of our day perfectly so we can forever look back and remember what an amazing day it was. Vanessa was (and is) professional, punctual, energetic, creative, amazingly talented, easy going, and a JOY to work with. She answers all emails on a very timely basis, has great tips and ideas, and truly cares about the people she photographs. She immediately has quite a few of the most perfect pictures available for us to view and share with friends on her blog and on her Facebook page.

We are beyond ecstatic to have hired Vanessa as our wedding photographer and will be raving about her to all of our friends for years to come : )

Sent on 11/15/2011

Kristina · Married on 10/08/2011

There really aren’t enough good things to say about Vanessa. From the moment my fiancé and I met with her she made us feel comfortable and made us feel like she was as excited for our wedding day as we were! Not only that but you could feel Vanessa’s love and passion for photography right from the start. Working with Vanessa and her team on our wedding day was such a pleasure. Everyone was friendly and happy to be part of our day. At times we weren’t posing for pictures you wouldn’t even know they were there! Then halfway through the reception I was stopped dead in my tracks and couldn’t move away from the display of teaser pictures from that day…. They were the most beautiful photos I had ever seen! For days after the wedding we spent looking at them over and over and our families and friends did the same. I would recommend Vanessa Joy Photography to anyone and everyone because you simply won’t be able to find anyone better!

One recommendation… the day you book your wedding – CALL VANESSA! She books quickly because she is just that good :)

Sent on 10/14/2011