Vanessa Joy Photography Reviews

134 | Freehold, NJ

134 Reviews for Vanessa Joy Photography

Aly · Married on 04/18/2015

There is no way to put into words just how amazing Vanessa Joy Photography is! My now husband and I got in engaged in May of 2013 and met with Vanessa and her team that October! They were our first and only meeting with potential photographers for our wedding. We knew right away that this was who we wanted to capture our special day. Vanessa and her team stayed in constant contact with me during our two year engagement and when the day finally arrived they were nothing but perfect. They were the easiest to work with and were able to get our pictures done very quickly so we could enjoy our evening! They captured every little detail of the day and even had some surprises for us! I had all of my proofs in less than two weeks from Vanessa and every single picture is magnificent, it was so exciting for my husband and I to be able to see all of our pictures while on our honeymoon! Vanessa is the most professional and kind person and exactly what we were looking for! You will definitely not be disappointed if you chose her and her team to capture your special day!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Lauryn · Married on 02/28/2015

Let me start this review by saying that Wedding Wire does not allow enough room for me to accurately explain how absolutely incredible Vanessa Joy is! My husband and I had done a lot of research before meeting with Vanessa and her work speaks for itself. We set up a meeting shortly after we got engaged and from the moment we met her, we felt incredibly comfortable with her personality, love for love, attention to detail and extensive knowledge of equipment (my husband and I are in a technical profession, so this was something we really appreciated). We set up an engagement shoot to not only mark that moment in our lives, but also to get comfortable in front of the camera since neither of us have ever done anything like this before! We had the best time during our shoot and I would encourage couples to do this so the day of your wedding isn't the first time you're being photographed in this way! We were in complete awe when we got our photos, they blew us away. After that, she designed our save the dates and to this day we're still getting complimented on them! Leading up to the wedding we were in constant contact to ensure that all of the photos that needed to be taken were accounted for so that the day of would go smoothly. The day of the wedding was simply a dream! She was incredibly professional, managed time extremely well, and to top it all off she had a great energy to be around. We got our proofs shortly after the wedding and again, we were completely blown away! You can feel the laughter and emotions in the images that she captures! My husband and I are currently picking out the photos for our album, and there are so many incredible ones its so hard to narrow down! She also did our thank you notes and was able to add on a special effect to them that we know people will be talking about for a while! Your search should end here - there simply is no other photographer out there to trust the most important day of your lives with! Vanessa & her team are amazing!

Sent on 04/22/2015

Vanessa did the photography for my wedding day, and I really can't say enough about how truly amazing and talented she is! Her work speaks for itself, and is breathtaking. She made me feel so at ease on my wedding day, everything was very organized and she really listens to what you want. Her responsiveness and professionalism, as well as flexibility of scheduling are only more of a reason to use Vanessa as your photographer! Her team of photographers and assistant Jaye were also a big asset to the day, and were all very friendly and fun to work with. You can tell Vanessa really enjoys what she does, and talent like hers is hard to find!!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Nicole · Married on 09/20/2014

I could not have been more excited to put my heart and soul into planning our wedding. My one fear was to spend all of this time planning, creating, and buying only to miss out on all of it on the day of. Well, Vanessa Joy and her photography crew were nothing less than spectacular. She captured every little detail that I will now have forever! Vanessa responded so well to my thoughts, ideas, and needs as a bride.
    On the day of our wedding, Vanessa channeled her inner yogi and was the most calm and composed photographer when everything around us seemed to be crazy. It kept me calm when I could have easily went in the other direction. No words can express how much she helped make this day even more special! :)

Sent on 10/23/2014

Vanessa Joy and her team were outstanding. The pictures were stunning and she captured our wedding day in the most special and magical way. Vanessa was helpful, informative and thorough throughout every step of the process. Her professionalism and confidence made us feel at ease and the final product is breathtaking. It is six months out from our wedding and we have received everything including our photos, photo art and albums! She makes the experience fun, easy and most importantly captured the most incredible memories to last a lifetime.

Sent on 01/21/2015

danielle · Married on 07/13/2014

After researching tons of photographers, my husband and I stumbled upon Vanessa Joy Photography. One photo from her portfolio was all it took to get us hooked! We hired Vanessa for our engagement and wedding photos. She is a true professional with such talent and eye for detail; her pictures are vibrant and dynamic. Vanessa is also an approachable, friendly person in general, and that made being in front of the camera so much more comfortable! She is very responsive to emails and phone calls and will answer any and ALL questions.

Our wedding was in Jersey City, but Vanessa travelled to New York City for our engagement photos. I was a little bit anxious, but she seamlessly directed the shoot so that my husband and I were completely at ease and actually having fun in front of the camera! Our photos came out better than we'd ever imagined. She totally nailed it!

For our wedding, we were very impressed that Vanessa and her team of photographers were all present from the beginning to the end (4 people.) Despite having 4 photographers, not once did we feel like they were in the way. My husband and I had so much fun on our wedding day, and Vanessa and her team were able to capture the energy and emotions of it all. We just got married a few weeks ago, so we've only seen preview photos so far, but they are gorgeous! They are a stunning reflection of everything we wanted out wedding to be and who we are as a couple. Our wedding day may be over, but we're lucky enough to be able enjoy the beautiful memories of it forever, thanks to Vanessa Joy Photography!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Kelli · Married on 07/12/2014

Vanessa is AMAZING!!! She photographed both our engagement shoot and wedding. I think her work speaks for itself – her photos are gorgeous! Friends and family members haven’t stopped complimenting us on the photos and are super eager to get their own copies.

But what makes her really fantastic is her way of working. She really puts you at ease during shoots. At least for us, taking photos professionally isn’t a very natural or even comfortable thing to do. However, quickly put us at ease!

Also, she really went above and beyond for us – from arriving early to showing me how pin a handkerchief to my bouquet (because I am absolutely clueless about these things) to staying late (as the shuttle arrived late). She even worked with us to make a trip out to London (where we lived during our engagement) for our engagement shoot!

It’s also worth noting that she is supported by a great team (e.g. scheduling assistant, second shooter). They were all an absolute pleasure – super friendly and attentive.

I HIGHLY recommend Vanessa!!!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Juliana · Married on 06/28/2014

Vanessa Joy Photography was the first vendor we chose right after setting our date! One look at her stunning pictures and my heart was set on having her as our wedding photographer. Trust me when I tell you that choosing a photographer to capture one of the most important days in your life is probably one of the biggest decisions you will have to make during the wedding planning process and Vanessa and her team exceeded all of our expectations!

Throughout the whole process Vanessa’s responsiveness to email, her ability to accommodate us despite her busy schedule as well as her attention to detail never ceased to amaze us. Her professionalism and her calming demeanor were a huge help during our engagement session in Central Park. She was so helpful in making us feel comfortable in front of the camera and offered us plenty of direction to set us at ease so our pictures look natural and our personalities shine through. On our wedding day she encouraged us to have fun while taking pictures all while she captured the most breathtaking and monumental shots of the day!

I would be remised not to mention how generous a person Vanessa also is. After having to reschedule the original date for our engagement session she offered us a photo canvas of one of our pictures for any inconvenience the change may have caused. But that was not all! We received several other gifts from her including a book on marriage and the biggest surprise of all was a small photo album with pictures from our wedding day that she handed us during our reception!

Our wedding day may be over but we can honestly say that we had the time of our lives and that having Vanessa and her team be a part of it made it even more so an incredible experience. All of our pictures are so unbelievably beautiful that we are already trying to come up with excuses to use her again!

Thanks to Vanessa Joy Photography- she and her team are truly the best of the best!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Vanessa captured every special moment of our big day. Her expertise and talent really makes her work above average and sets the bar high for everyone else in this business :) We absolutely loved working with Vanessa. My husband and I both deem choosing to work with Vanessa as the one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process. If you truly want photos that will forever make you feel as if you are looking at them for the first time, Vanessa Joy Photography is the way to go!

Sent on 09/13/2014
  • JZ

Jaclyn · Married on 06/22/2014

Without question, Vanessa and here team were our favorite part of our wedding (other than one another, of course). From the time we met with her to make initial arrangements for our wedding, up until the big day, she was an absolute pleasure to work with. Vanessa was able to capture our hearts with her photos and all her unique touches. I would recommend her to any bride and groom wanting piece of mind. I promise their day will be captured with nothing short of perfection. The day of the wedding, almost nothing goes perfectly. What we loved most, is how smoothly pictures went. There were a few hiccups with some of the other logistics/vendors, but Vanessa and her team worked around them perfectly. There was even a time when the cake was cut, and no one was around to serve it, YIKES! Vanessa came to the rescue, grabbed the plate and scooped a piece on so we could share the moment. She is very professional, kind, and willing to work around any schedules or props you provide to her. All that being said, she is one of the most creative photographers we have ever seen. When you look back at your big day, you will want to remember every detail. Vanessa and her team didn't skip a beat or miss a single detail. If their is one thing I could pass on to future brides, it would be to hire Vanessa. She was, without question, the very best investment we made in our day.

Sent on 07/01/2014

danielle · Married on 06/07/2014

Vanessa is one of the sweetest, kindest people we have ever met! My husband and I never cease to be amazed by her amazing work. From our engagement shoot, to our wedding day Vanessa has been nothing but professional, extremely responsive and very understanding throughout the entire process. The saying 'YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR' could not be more true..Coming from a very detail oriented perfectionist, I can confidently say Vanessa is the best of the best!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Even though Vanessa Joy has posted just a few of her favorites, you can tell that the pictures are just so fabulous! They could be published in Bride Magazine!! Thanks again Vanessa for all your hard work and for making my daughter's wedding day a wonderful one.

Sent on 06/02/2014
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/25/2014

Vanessa has captured the most important special day of our lives. She is a true professional, creative, funny, extremely talented and such a joy to work with. She is constantly pushing herself to the limit with her talent and it definitely shows in her amazing work. We couldn't be more happier with our photos. We are truly blessed with all these amazing, beautiful memories she has captured.

Sent on 02/05/2015

Vanessa was professional and wonderful. She captured the most special moments of our wedding day. We would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Ashley · Married on 03/22/2014

Vanessa did an amazing job capturing every moment at our wedding! She was professional, assertive and well just all around amazing! We got an album of pictures that night that just added to our excitement. We cannot wait to see the rest but even from the initial ones we have seen they are just unbelievable. We have gotten so many compliments and she really delivered a fabulous result. Thanks to her and her crew for making our already amazing day even better!

Sent on 03/31/2014

Kristina · Married on 12/06/2013

Look no further you have just found the most amazing photographer!!! This was the one vendor I was most picky about because it was so important to me that all the special moments were captured, and Vanessa Joy executed this better than I could have ever even hoped! She is so professonal, easy to work with and beyond talented. Her work is truely ART! Her team was just as fantastic and from the first day we met I knew I had found exactly what I was looking for. She is amazing and I hope you are as lucky as me and get to have her for your wedding!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Angelyn · Married on 10/27/2013

Vanessa Joy is absolutely amazing!

Sent on 11/12/2013

I couldn't have asked a much better, awesome, lovely, professional, super-duper-dandy person like Vanessa & her team to tag along on the journey with me & my husband on our wedding day. Prior to & after the wedding day, Vanessa was very quick to respond to any emails & questions I had. Having been working & being around the wedding industry for quite some time beforehand, I was super flexible & content to anything that may come (because things do happen that is out of our control) & not saying anything bad did happen on our wedding, which didn't, but I'm saying that if something did were to go wrong, Vanessa is one of those people who will go out of her way to help & make things right.

Ladies, your photographer is your best friend throughout your whole day, because they are with you, literally all day. Knowing Vanessa personality, I know I trusted her completely to be with me emotionally throughout the entire day. I was afraid it would be weird even a little bit when it was time to do our first look & portraits, but it wasn't. She know how to make us feel comfortable & hid herself during key moments in a way that I really forgot the team was there.

I'm really overwhelmed by the amount of pictures we ended up with as well. No seriously, wasn't expecting it. They captured so many great key moments we can now remember forever & even all the detail shots of our venue & decor (my favorites!!) Vanessa even went above & beyond capturing our rehearsal dinner & giving us a little sweet mini photo album at the end of the night. I love her. I'm grateful to know her, to have a friendship with her, to learn from her, & that she captured one of the most special days of me & my husband's life ever.

Did I mention she lead me through a yoga session morning of???? Ladies, if any of you do yoga, please ask Vanessa to lead you through a session! She is certified I promise! But what a special way to connect with her even more on a trusting level.

Sent on 11/01/2013

I saw Vanessa's work a few years ago at a friends wedding and I knew once it was my turn she would be my photographer. Vanessa and her team were wonderful. Friendly, available and professional. She was able to capture amazing shots of the day. I can't wait to view the final album. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/18/2014

Julie · Married on 09/01/2013

Vanessa Joy is a phenominally talented photographer and, true to her name, an absolute joy to work with. Albeit somewhat more expensive than other wedding photographers, Vanessa's unique and timeless style is worth every penny and more; particularly because, with Vanessa Joy, you are not only paying for a product, but also a service -- both of which are top notch.

From the first time my husband and I spoke with Vanessa, to our engagement shoot, and beyond our wedding day, we took comfort in knowing that we could rely on Vanessa to capture our personalities and relationship, and that peace of mind is priceless. Vanessa is extremely responsive, epitomizes professionalism, and is extraordinarily adept at balancing her own style with clients' requests. Vanessa is simultaneously enthusiastic, calming, and reassuring; she and her team made my husband and me feel comfortable throughout our wedding day and, from the sample of photos we saw that evening (when most couples wait weeks/months for their wedding photos!), they captured our special day perfectly.

My husband and I could not possibly be any more thrilled with Vanessa and her team; Vanessa is the quintessential vendor and we are so appreciative that we had the opportunity to work with her.

Thank you Vanessa, Kyleigh, and Jessica!

Sent on 09/15/2013

Christina · Married on 08/17/2013

Vanessa Joy Photography left me stress free and feeling amazing before, during and after my wedding. Photography was the most important piece of my wedding puzzle and the services Vanessa and her crew provided couldn't of been better.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/22/2013

Vanessa was a pleasure to work with. She made us feel very comfortable. Her photos are just beautiful - I was beyond pleased with the photos from both our engagement session and wedding. She went out of her way to make sure that she got all of the wedding pictures that we wanted.

Sent on 07/17/2013
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 06/08/2013

I'm sure that you've heard that of all the vendors you will work with on your wedding day, your photographer will no doubt be the most important. You will be with them for the majority of the day and it is so important that you feel super comfortable with them. Well, it's definitely true; and with that being said, Vanessa and her team are nothing short of amazing. Once the big day came, it felt like we were already longtime friends and I was thrilled that she was there to capture every moment. She is the most professional, friendly, and wonderful person to work with and I cannot say enough good things about her work. We felt like she not only captured our day perfectly, she enhanced it because we honestly just loved having her and her team taking photos - we had so much fun. I truly have no words for how much we love every single one of our photos and I would, without hesitation, recommend her to anyone looking for the best photographs ever.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Christina · Married on 06/01/2013

Vanessa and her team were unbelievably talented and professional. Hands down, hiring Vanessa for our wedding was the best decision that I made. I can't even count how many compliments I received. Vanessa and team were a pleasure to work with- she kept calm, which in turn kept me calm as the bride, as things didn't go as planned during the day. Most of all, she made us all feel very comfortable. I'm so pleased with Vanessa and her work, I highly highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Kelli · Married on 05/26/2013

Vanessa was so amazing throughout our entire wedding planning process! Her STUNNING photography speaks for itself, but it is her professionalism and personality that sets her high above the rest!!
    Despite having a unbelievable busy schedule, Vanessa was so flexible when I asked to change the date of our beach engagement session because of a rain threat. There was a year between our engagement shoot and wedding, but Vanessa was always in contact with us. She even sent us a beautiful book about how we need to remember we are planning for a marriage- not just a wedding. It is sooo important to have a photographer you feel comfortable with the day of your wedding!Vanessa helps you create that bond with her when you first meet her.
    Vanessa and her staff were all extremely professional and helpful the day of our wedding. Many groomsmen mentioned to me how they never thought taking so many pictures could be so much fun! Our guests were stunned when they saw her amazing photos from the day being displayed at the reception! The little touches Vanessa does, such as the cards with our engagement pictures that guests were given so that they had the website to view our pictures, and the book Vanessa gave me at 10 pm the night of our wedding with some pictures of the day, really make a big difference!
    In just THREE MONTHS after our wedding, we received our amazing album! We now have a breathtaking first family heirloom that we can not stop looking at!

Sent on 11/07/2013