128 Reviews for Vanessa Joy Photography

Destination / Travel (1)
Canvas (1)
Negatives (1)
Prints (1)

After waiting over a year to begin planning our wedding, my fiancé and I felt the photographer was the most important vendor to solidify after choosing our venue/date. Vanessa had popped up a few times during our searches, and a number of friends had mentioned her name/Instagram to us. After taking a peek at her work, we knew her style was exactly what we were looking for, and were so thrilled to find out she was available for our date! Vanessa and her staff were a pleasure to work with through the planning process, so organized and helpful! The day of our wedding, Vanessa showed up earlier than anticipated (LOVE!) and then disappeared to set up, so non-intrusive! It was unfortunately grey and rainy the day of our wedding, but Vanessa and her team had a contingency in place in case we needed it – we thankfully avoided rainy pictures, but she used her high-tech equipment to make our pictures look like it was a bright, sunny day! At the reception, she had a digital picture frame of some of our photos from the day (surprise!) and everyone kept commenting on how beautiful they were. But even better than that, she gave me a small keepsake full of pictures she’d just taken earlier in the day, and then handed me a single photo of my dad and I to give to him. It was the sweetest, most thoughtful gesture! I just received the link to all of my photos, and can’t stop smiling ear to ear! We are so excited to work with Vanessa to create our wedding album, and can only imagine how stunning it will be. I would definitely recommend Vanessa Joy Photography to anyone looking for a buttoned up, elegant, and professional photographer for their wedding! Thank you so much, Vanessa and team!

Profile Picture Dana, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My entire wedding experience with Vanessa and her team was an absolute pleasure! Not only was she able to capture the most beautiful pictures, she is incredibly easy and professional to work with. My photos so far are breathtaking and I can't wait to see my final wedding album. The quality of my engagement album is pristine, with an amazing wood and leather cover. I can only imagine how much I will love what's yet to come! Thank you Vanessa!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Vanessa is truely amazing. We hired her for our wedding on 9.15.2017 at the Ashford Estates and we couldn’t be more in love with our photos. She tells a story through her photos and the end result is absolutely magnificent. She makes taking hours of pictures easy and to the point wasting no time in getting the shots she needs.

The best surprise was receiving a book with some of our printed photos at the end of the night. It was such a nice surprise and we loved having that sneak peak. Relieving our day through her photos has been magical.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/15/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Negatives, Proofs, Thank You Cards

We hired Vanessa to photograph our wedding on August 5 2017 at Mallard Island Yacht Club and we really could not be more thrilled! Vanessa made our wedding even more of a fairytale. From the moment I met her via Skype to discuss photography options, to the year of wedding planning, to the wedding day, Vanessa was a joy to work with. She is a true artist and extremely talented, my family and I are beyond happy with all the pictures - she really captured the best day of my life and I feel like I can truly relive the day through her photos! My guests couldn't believe that she had a few beautiful pictures to share the night of the wedding & even gave us a small photo album that evening. One of my favorite things about Vanessa is how calm she is. Wedding days can be overwhelming but she was completely relaxed and kept her cool while also sticking to the timeline perfectly - we couldn't believe it! Thank you Vanessa for capturing my wedding beyond perfectly!

Profile Picture Jill, 8/5/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Vanessa is truly the most incredible photographer! She shot our engagement photos and wedding at the Inn at Millrace Pond, and from the very first interaction was a pleasure to work with. Over the past year of planning our wedding, Vanessa and Jaye were kind, attentive, organized and professional. They quickly answered any and all of our questions and we never once had any stress regarding our wedding photography! Their attention to detail and attention to us was remarkable! On our wedding day, it never felt like the photographer arrived and was rushing to snap photos; Vanessa and her team seemed like an addition to our day and captured the most beautiful and amazing photos. My husband and I cannot stop saying how blown away we are by out photos and that they are actually ours, and our family and friends were raving at how gorgeous the few photos we were able to see on our wedding day were! During traditional family photos, Vanessa has a great way of giving direction to those in the photos without anyone ever feeling awkward and the candid photos she captured are breathtaking. There are no words to express how HIGHLY we recommend Vanessa Joy Photography to any bride and groom looking for a photographer! She is simply the very best of the best!!

Profile Picture Jeannine, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We chose Vanessa before we picked our venue. My cousin and I were both getting married and agreed photography was the most important of all vendors. My cousin did a lot of research, narrowed down to 30 local or willing to fly out photographers. We played a game with her research, she copied and pasted over 100 wedding photos from each of their sites and I was looking at hundreds of random wedding photos in a word document. Three photos REALLY stood out to me. I knew whoever shot these images I would have to decide between to be our photographer. Turns out all three were Vanessa’s shots; we both booked her that same week! I took my mom along the first time I met Vanessa. We were both in awe of her work and who she was as a person. When I saw her prints I secretly thought to myself, “Wow could I really have a beautiful image like this with my husband and I in it?” It seemed unimaginable and we both left BEYOND excited! A lot of artists you meet may have amazing work, but lack of personality. Not only is her work STUNNING, she gives off the best vibes. When you meet people with a good heart who are loving life, everything around them is that much better. Why would you not want someone like that shooting your special day when you are surrounded by everyone you love? Her energy enhances everything! Vanessa will never get in the way, she is a photo-ninja. Turn your head, she’s on a roof for a better angle. There is NOTHING rude about her- even when you have a family member trying to get the best angles & cutting her off, Vanessa makes it work in a pleasant way. She will help you with questions beyond photos for your big day-she has an amazing design eye. Her team is filled with laughter, smiles and are good genuine people. Your husband will enjoy your photo time together (yep) And to me, the best part of booking Vanessa Joy is that you will have someone on your special day who truly sees and appreciates the beauty in everything- but the best part is that she captures it.

Profile Picture Becky, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Slideshow

Vanessa and her team made our Ashford Estate wedding even more magical than it already was! They captured every moment effortlessly and worked with our huge bridal party to give us poses that were fun and memorable. Vanessa and her team were very responsive during the entire process, which was so comforting! We would highly recommend Vanessa to anyone who wants an organized, creative, and professional photographer for their wedding!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Vanessa Joy is BEYOND amazing!! Since the moment w booked her, she made us feel the like most important people ever. Not only is her work amazing, but she is a wonderful person as well. She made our wedding so comfortable and stress free. Both my husband and I have been in weddings where the photographers have been noticeable throughout the entire ceremony/reception. Vanessa and her team work like they are not even there.mAt the end of our wedding she had a photo book waiting for us. It was a preview of the entire day and got us even more excited to see everything she captured from our wedding. Vanessa made our engagement and wedding day more perfect than we could ever imagine. We are so honored to have her as our photographer, and highly recommend for every bride and groom to have Vanessa Joy capture the most memorable day of their lives!

Profile Picture Christina, 8/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Save the Date, Thank You Cards, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day

In preparation for the day of the wedding I spoke to Vanessa and Jaye on multiple occasions to go over everything that I wanted for the day of. We went over what pictures I wanted to take, the time frame of the entire day, and they were just so accommodating especially that I got my hair done in Staten Island and married in New Jersey. I felt so comfortable with going into the wedding day because I knew how the day of pictures would go. Vanessa and an assistant was with me the entire day and my husband had Jaye. I can’t even explain how amazing they were. I never once felt rushed or annoyed. They were so fast and everything flowed so nicely. Vanessa her team were so kind, professional and easy to work with. Half the time I totally forgot they were there. My husband felt the same way. Throughout the whole wedding day Vanessa knew everything she was going to do and she was absolutely amazing at it. They took all the pictures that I asked for, not one was missing. The sneak peek I got the day of the wedding was so amazing, I was In love with every photo I got to see and could not wait to see them all. I could not believe that all my images were up in just a few short weeks after my wedding. There is only one word I can day OMG!! They were so breathtaking there was not one that I didn’t like. Which is like impossible. Vanessa Joy photography captured every single moment that I will cherish forever in my heart and know I have the most gorgeous pictures to remember the best day of my life. I could never thank Vanessa and her team enough for being such a huge part of my special day. They were the best of the best! Now it’s only been 2 weeks and were already planning the album. I would recommend Vanessa Joy over and over to everyone!!

Profile Picture samantha, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Slideshow

Vanessa was an absolutely AMAZING photographer!! I took engagement photos with her and she made the process so easy and carefree. She delivered the photos quickly and they were absolutely gorgeous!! On the day of our wedding, I was really stressed with timing and was worried that everything was running late. Vanessa calmed me down and said that she would take care of everything with the pictures. She made me feel so relaxed and that I didn't have to worry at all. During the wedding, she and her other photographer completely blended in with the environment - they were not in everyone's faces and people didn't even notice that they were there. That said, they still managed to capture so many amazing photographs that really highlighted every single part of the day. She took a great combination of traditional photos and candids and they all came out beautiful. When we were taking the bridal party and family photos - the part we were most stressed about - she did everything fast and still produced breath-taking pictures. Just a few hours into our ceremony, she delivered us a small album with some pictures from the wedding. We were amazed at how fast she did that and how unbelievably gorgeous the album was - we showed it to everyone and I have it displayed in my house!! Within a week after the wedding, she had already delivered me an online gallery of some of the photos and only about a week later, she sent me a gallery of ALL of the photos. The photos were absolutely incredible and everybody said that they looked stunning and as though they could be in Vogue!! Her products are amazing, her delivery is unbelievably fast, and her demeanor and attitude is both professional and enthusiastic. She is definitely worth the money and we are so happy that we went with Vanessa Joy!!

Profile Picture Mariel, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Vanessa photographed our wedding last weekend and I could not be more happy about my choice to use her. From our engagement photos to our wedding day she walked us thorough everything, no question was a dumb one and she would respond in a very timely manner. Vanessa helped us with our save the date and I am still getting compliments on them! The day of the wedding Vanessa showed up with an assistanT and second photographer. They knew exactly what to do and were very easy to deal with. When looking for a photographer it was very important for me to have a laid back person who listened to what I wanted. I knew right away Vanessa would be that person. I never felt frustrated or annoyed with her, I never was concerned or questioning the photos she was taking. A few times I emailed her with specific pictures I did/did not want on my wedding day and she followed those directions to a T without making me feel uncomfortable for those decisions. Vanessa did whatever was needed to get the perfect picture whether it was climbing a brick wall, a water well, or her own car, she did it all to make sure had the perfect angle. Vanessa's team was just as easy going and professional as she was. They knew what to do and how to do it. We had many children in the wedding. Vanessa did an amazing job capturing them and had the patience of an angel when trying to get them all looking and in the same spot for more than 2 seconds. I would recommend Vanessa 100 times over! Thanks for the amazing photos Vanessa, I cant wait to see them all!!

Profile Picture sibley, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Besides my husband, Vanessa was the best choice I made when it came to our big day! From the moment we decided to work with her, she collected information on every detail of the wedding and even sent us a few surprise gifts throughout our engagement which were extremely thoughtful. From the second she arrived on our wedding day, she was warm, friendly, and professional. She made us feel comfortable and gave us direction that resulted in the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen in my life. She also prepared a sneak peak of photos that played throughout our reception and when my husband pointed them out I was blown away. Her talent far surpasses any other photographer I have ever seen and the moments she captured truly tell a story- our story. I absolutely love Vanessa and am so excited to share these amazing memories!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Thank You Cards, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Slideshow

I was extremely happy with this vendor. Vanessa Joy Photography takes great professional pictures and were easy to work with.

Profile Picture Ashley, 2/24/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Vanessa Joy photography is perfection !!!! Couldn't be happier !!

Profile Picture Christina, 11/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Vanessa Joy was an absolute dream to work with for our September 2015 wedding. She did an incredible job of keeping everyone on schedule during the day of and getting all of the beautiful pictures we wanted. She really made the day enjoyable and had our whole bridal party laughing during group photos. Not to mention- we did experience a short power outage towards the end of the reception and Vanessa was sweet enough to take that time as an opportunity to show us some photos from earlier in the day. I can't say enough about how professional and what a joy she was to work with!! :)

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/26/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Choosing Vanessa Joy as our wedding photographer was probably the best decision we made during the wedding planning. Although we definitely splurged to get her and had to cut corners elsewhere, it was absolutely worth it. We actually hired her husband, Rob Adams, as our videographer (another splurge that was absolutely worth it) and they made such a terrific team. Our day of wedding coordinator was a bit of a mess on the day of but Vanessa and Rob were calm and collective and helped keep things moving (like when guests arrived earlier and was getting in the way of photos!). Vanessa is sweet and caring but also professional and efficient. She also gave a lot of great advice leading up to the wedding so we were all on the same page. She was really wonderful to work with and the photos, of course, came out fabulous. And the icing on the cake-- my mom (who is usually very critical) cannot stop talking about how beautiful the photos look!!!!

Profile Picture User3908143, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Vanessa Joy...WOW. Let me first start off stating I am a typical groom that really has no interest in pictures. However, my now wife is obsessed with them. After we got engaged our first person to book for anything was Vanessa Joy. I just thought all photographers were the same and paid no attention to it. However after our engagement shoot and now the wedding working with Vanessa Joy that is not the case at all. She was amazing... So good that I am actually taking it upon myself to write this review. Never in my life would I think to do this except Vanessa was that good. Worth every penny and then some. She was so professional and on top of everything it was a pleasure to work with her for all our moments. The pictures are phenomenal and after our wedding I couldn't imagine working with anyone else nor would I ever want to. So do yourself and your husband a favor and hire Vanessa Joy and just sit back and enjoy your day.

Profile Picture Dan, 8/2/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Mike and I cannot begin to tell you how happy we are with the pictures! Literally, my jaw dropped to the ground. Let me start by saying I knew how amazing Vanessa was years ago! We got to work together on David Tutera for his television show which was such an amazing experience. Vanessa is just so sweet and really listens when you tell her your vision. She has an amazing eye for the small details. The pictures were also ready to view the same night of the wedding. Our guests thought that was so cool! We are so incredibly happy to know you, have worked with you, and have you a part of our special day! Thank you so much for capturing all the beautiful moments from our day. We simply love you!

Profile Picture Gina, 5/3/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

There is no way to put into words just how amazing Vanessa Joy Photography is! My now husband and I got in engaged in May of 2013 and met with Vanessa and her team that October! They were our first and only meeting with potential photographers for our wedding. We knew right away that this was who we wanted to capture our special day. Vanessa and her team stayed in constant contact with me during our two year engagement and when the day finally arrived they were nothing but perfect. They were the easiest to work with and were able to get our pictures done very quickly so we could enjoy our evening! They captured every little detail of the day and even had some surprises for us! I had all of my proofs in less than two weeks from Vanessa and every single picture is magnificent, it was so exciting for my husband and I to be able to see all of our pictures while on our honeymoon! Vanessa is the most professional and kind person and exactly what we were looking for! You will definitely not be disappointed if you chose her and her team to capture your special day!

Profile Picture Aly , 4/18/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography

Let me start this review by saying that Wedding Wire does not allow enough room for me to accurately explain how absolutely incredible Vanessa Joy is! My husband and I had done a lot of research before meeting with Vanessa and her work speaks for itself. We set up a meeting shortly after we got engaged and from the moment we met her, we felt incredibly comfortable with her personality, love for love, attention to detail and extensive knowledge of equipment (my husband and I are in a technical profession, so this was something we really appreciated). We set up an engagement shoot to not only mark that moment in our lives, but also to get comfortable in front of the camera since neither of us have ever done anything like this before! We had the best time during our shoot and I would encourage couples to do this so the day of your wedding isn't the first time you're being photographed in this way! We were in complete awe when we got our photos, they blew us away. After that, she designed our save the dates and to this day we're still getting complimented on them! Leading up to the wedding we were in constant contact to ensure that all of the photos that needed to be taken were accounted for so that the day of would go smoothly. The day of the wedding was simply a dream! She was incredibly professional, managed time extremely well, and to top it all off she had a great energy to be around. We got our proofs shortly after the wedding and again, we were completely blown away! You can feel the laughter and emotions in the images that she captures! My husband and I are currently picking out the photos for our album, and there are so many incredible ones its so hard to narrow down! She also did our thank you notes and was able to add on a special effect to them that we know people will be talking about for a while! Your search should end here - there simply is no other photographer out there to trust the most important day of your lives with! Vanessa & her team are amazing!

Profile Picture Lauryn, 2/28/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Vanessa did the photography for my wedding day, and I really can't say enough about how truly amazing and talented she is! Her work speaks for itself, and is breathtaking. She made me feel so at ease on my wedding day, everything was very organized and she really listens to what you want. Her responsiveness and professionalism, as well as flexibility of scheduling are only more of a reason to use Vanessa as your photographer! Her team of photographers and assistant Jaye were also a big asset to the day, and were all very friendly and fun to work with. You can tell Vanessa really enjoys what she does, and talent like hers is hard to find!!

Profile Picture User4560061, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I could not have been more excited to put my heart and soul into planning our wedding. My one fear was to spend all of this time planning, creating, and buying only to miss out on all of it on the day of. Well, Vanessa Joy and her photography crew were nothing less than spectacular. She captured every little detail that I will now have forever! Vanessa responded so well to my thoughts, ideas, and needs as a bride.
On the day of our wedding, Vanessa channeled her inner yogi and was the most calm and composed photographer when everything around us seemed to be crazy. It kept me calm when I could have easily went in the other direction. No words can express how much she helped make this day even more special! :)

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Vanessa Joy and her team were outstanding. The pictures were stunning and she captured our wedding day in the most special and magical way. Vanessa was helpful, informative and thorough throughout every step of the process. Her professionalism and confidence made us feel at ease and the final product is breathtaking. It is six months out from our wedding and we have received everything including our photos, photo art and albums! She makes the experience fun, easy and most importantly captured the most incredible memories to last a lifetime.

Profile Picture User4297150, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

After researching tons of photographers, my husband and I stumbled upon Vanessa Joy Photography. One photo from her portfolio was all it took to get us hooked! We hired Vanessa for our engagement and wedding photos. She is a true professional with such talent and eye for detail; her pictures are vibrant and dynamic. Vanessa is also an approachable, friendly person in general, and that made being in front of the camera so much more comfortable! She is very responsive to emails and phone calls and will answer any and ALL questions.

Our wedding was in Jersey City, but Vanessa travelled to New York City for our engagement photos. I was a little bit anxious, but she seamlessly directed the shoot so that my husband and I were completely at ease and actually having fun in front of the camera! Our photos came out better than we'd ever imagined. She totally nailed it!

For our wedding, we were very impressed that Vanessa and her team of photographers were all present from the beginning to the end (4 people.) Despite having 4 photographers, not once did we feel like they were in the way. My husband and I had so much fun on our wedding day, and Vanessa and her team were able to capture the energy and emotions of it all. We just got married a few weeks ago, so we've only seen preview photos so far, but they are gorgeous! They are a stunning reflection of everything we wanted out wedding to be and who we are as a couple. Our wedding day may be over, but we're lucky enough to be able enjoy the beautiful memories of it forever, thanks to Vanessa Joy Photography!

Profile Picture danielle, 7/13/14, 5 Reviews