Van Rixel Productions Reviews

77 Reviews for Van Rixel Productions

1 User photo

Van Rixel Productions 1

Steve · Married on 11/15/2014

David VanRixel personally attended our reception and ran the photobooth and provided uplighting for us. He went above and beyond to make sure our day went perfect. After shopping around we thought that Van Rixel Productions offereded the best value for the product offered and he upgraded us again the day of. I could not be happier with the service. The videos are hilarious and the pictures are great. Thank you for completing our special day!

Sent on 11/27/2014

Jamie · Married on 10/05/2014

Van Rixel Productions did an amazing job. We were lucky enough to have David Van Rixel himself DJ our wedding and he was magnificent, couldn't have asked for more. He kept everything running smoothly and on schedule. He even got on the dace floor and taught people the steps to the group dances. If you want to have a fun and enjoyable environment at your wedding, hire Van Rixel Productions

Sent on 10/10/2014
  • User4620182 · 2+ years ago

I loved our DJ and the special "Dance on a Cloud" feature for our first dance!

Sent on 12/19/2014
  • User4372019 · 2+ years ago

The DJ service provided by Van Rixel Productions was outstanding. Music was supplied for the outdoor ceremony as well as the indoor reception. The day was care-free and fantastic. The DJ ran the evening and was always pro-active. The dance floor was packed all night, great job!

Sent on 09/03/2014

I am so happy we hired Van Rixel Productions for our wedding day. DJ Hans played the music for our outdoor ceremony as well as our indoor reception. He was professional and in control, letting us relax and soak in the day without having to worry. I would highly recommend Van Rixel Productions to any couple.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Margaret · Married on 08/23/2014

There were many compliments at our wedding from guests about the karaoke at the rehearsal dinner, the lighting at the venue and the music as a whole. Very attentive to our needs and those of our guests, open to suggested songs from the bride & groom for sure and the prep for the big day was very thorough in terms of an agenda for the reception.

Sent on 09/14/2014

David was fantastic!! We are so happy with the ambiance he created for our reception. He was easy to work with while we planned out the details and very flexible with the different ideas we had. We planned our wedding from out of state and were very glad that David was so easy to get in contact with by phone and e-mail. The lighting he provided really pulled everything together and the music was loved by everyone! We highly recommend David as a DJ.

Sent on 09/01/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 08/16/2014

David was AMAZING! He went the extra mile to make sure that everything was organized, and stress free. He perfectly balanced the music, and made sure our photographer was around before announcing important events such as cake cutting, first dance, etc. We couldn't be more happy with our experience with David. He was so great!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Where to start?! David was an amazing DJ/coordinator for our wedding! We have had countless compliments on our ceremony music and dancing music! His professionalism made us feel no stress on our special day! The uplighting looked beautiful! He kept the party going til the very last minute! I would highly recommend Van Rixel Productions to any couple!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Mallory · Married on 08/09/2014

Great service! Really easy to work with and plan. Great DJs. Great music choices. Very professional!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Todd · Married on 08/03/2014

David Van Rixel...he was one of the best decisions we made for our awesome wedding. We still have people coming up to us and saying how great the wedding and entertainment was. His services are the highest quality but it goes beyond that- he knows how to make it all work and he knows what works. David will not push you into anything but listen to his suggestions because he is listening to your desires of having an unforgettable night. Give him the flexibility to make that happen.

We used him for both the ceremony as well as the reception music and his lighting (the lighted bar tables were an excellent touch as the night grew darker). He is reasonable in his costs but his quality of service and equipment is hard to match.

Sent on 02/25/2015

Annick · Married on 05/31/2014

Van Rixel Productions provides excellent wedding DJ services. David was our DJ and was very kind, professional, and did a great job. He provided the music for our outdoor ceremony as well as the reception. Everything went smoothly and all of our guests had a blast. Thank you, David!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Jenny · Married on 05/24/2014

David was our DJ, and did an awesome job!! He kept the crowd going! David was enthusiastic and energetic. I had many people ask about him. I would recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 05/28/2014

We had David Van Rixel for our reception and he was so wonderful! If he is any indication of the other DJ's in this company, I'd say they are all great! David was very responsive by phone and email throughout our planning process. He met with us a few times and always did exactly what we wanted. When we didn't know what we wanted, he had many suggestions or ideas for us, even some that were better than our own ideas! Our grand march song was "Thrift Shop" and everyone in our party was wearing clothes from GoodWill or anything vintage they could find, so David provided us with some awesome jackets and furs. We received so many compliments on how much fun our reception was and my husband and I also kept saying that to each other... David was so great! One last thing, we provided a lot of song that we wanted played, but also gave David the discretion to read the crowd and create his own mix. And he did exactly that. I'm so glad he did not use our entire list b/c the mix of the 2 were wonderful! Van Rixel productions is very experienced and well worth every penny!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Meredith · Married on 10/19/2013

We had David DJ our wedding and he was great! He was flexible for the pre-wedding meetings and followed everything we discussed. Everyone was dancing because he was playing great dance music. Will definitely be recommending him to everyone I know!

Sent on 11/15/2013

Tim · Married on 10/12/2013

This company is AMAZING. I have been to a lot of weddings and I'm glad I chose them for my own. DJ was completely professional and extremely helpful throughout the ENTIRE process and at all times throughout the night (we had open bar so you might get my drift on what I mean by the entire night and challenges faced...) The lighting they also set up was perfect and really brought everything together. They also did all the set up and clean up themselves and let the place in better shape than when they came. Very happy!

Sent on 02/04/2014

I just used Van Rixel Productions for the uplighting at my wedding in August, and I couldn't have been more pleased! The lighting was absolutely amazing, and it set the perfect tone for the night. I would absolutely recommend their services to anyone needing uplighting for their upcoming events. Thanks so much again David!!

Sent on 09/03/2013

David was great! He mc'd the whole night, and we had music from cocktail hour right up until the end. He was a great DJ and entertainer.
    The price seemed a little high at first, but I would not choose anyone else!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Kara · Married on 10/06/2012

Van Rixel Productions helped make our wedding day absolutely perfect. The uplighting was gorgeous and we received many compliments on how it set the tone for the evening and complemented the reception decor. Their team also helped set up a sound system outside with our string quartet that really saved the day. We highly recommend them for future events!

Sent on 03/10/2013

Rebecca · Married on 10/06/2012

I had a wonderful experience with VanRixel. They were highly professional, friendly, prompt, and offered individualized services to fit what we wanted. I opted for uplighting service, but was scared the color wouldn't be just right, but holy cow they offer tons of high-tech colors to match your theme! They offer as few or as many sit down meetings as you need to talk about your particular tastes in music, they were patient with me being both picky and vague about my song choices. I felt like they worked hard to get to know our personal styles in order to best show our guests a great time with a touch of 'us' in the music. They even were able to take a song and slow it to make it fit our first dance timing! These guys know what they are doing.

Sent on 01/27/2014

Shelly · Married on 02/14/2011

David was the DJ for our reception months after the wedding and he made it feel like a big, fun party. He has a good sense of our wants and kept the jams going to the end of the night! Thank you, David! It was so much fun!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Patrick · Married on 09/04/2010

Van Rixel Productions gave us the wedding of our dreams! He went above and beyond, making our night incredibly memorable. I would highly recommend David to help plan your wedding!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Dorie · Married on 10/22/2017

We LOVED our DJ! Alec was amazing! He normally works at a dance studio and he offered to teach swing dancelessons at our wedding! ALL of our guests had a blast and were ALL on the dance floor most of the night (which is what we really wanted). We desired to have a unique wedding, and Alec helped make our dream a reality! Alec played MC/Host, and made each and every one of our guests, ages 10-94, feel welcomed. He also did lights for our wedding. The owner, David, replied to my phone calls and texts quickly and was easy to work with. The price was reasonable and well worth every penny! THANK YOU!!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Erica · Married on 04/18/2015

My Groom and I wanted to throw a party and that's exactly what we had! We had Hans from Van Rixel Productions and he was amazing. When we met, he listened and gave us exactly what we wanted. There was no pressure to do the traditional wedding things or songs. We did it our way and loved every minute of our reception!

Sent on 04/21/2015
  • BB-H

Brittany · Married on 09/21/2018

A great (but not excellent) experience

We are glad we went with Van Rixel Productions: the owners and staff are professional, friendly, and seek to get to know you and your needs. Our DJ made sure everything on the day-of was in order, helped keep the order of events on-track, kept in touch with my wife and I over the course of the evening, and maintained a levelheaded persona throughout. He really read the vibe of the crowd and played songs all ages could dance to. The only thing keeping it from being "excellent" was regarding song requests. They give you categories such as "Must Play", "Play If Possible", "Do Not Play", etc. We did not have a very long "Must Play" list, yet there were many songs we waited all night to hear which never played. Additionally, there was one specific artist we had on the "Do Not Play" list, and two or three of their songs were played during the evening anyway. A slight disappointment, but beyond that, it was a wonderful night thanks to VR Productions.

Sent on 11/01/2018