Van Rixel Productions Reviews

77 Reviews for Van Rixel Productions

1 User photo

Van Rixel Productions 1

Bryan · Married on 09/03/2016

A year ago I called around to five different area DJs and my conversation with David was so pleasant that his meeting was the only one I kept. I knew immediately he would do a great job. Through all of our interactions he was professional, relaxed, and an incredibly good and active listener. David is obviously very comfortable with DJing weddings and helped Molly and I piece together an evening that ran seamlessly. Molly and I were lucky enough to have David DJ our wedding and we told him that we wanted a busy dance floor all night- and he delivered! The night flew by and there wasn't a moment that the dance floor wasn't full. Among all of the positive feedback of the evening was that the DJ knew exactly what to play to keep the party going, and that the night had more dancing than many of our guests have ever seen at a wedding. David and Van Rixel Productions gets ALL of our DJ recommendations!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

Thank you Bryan and Molly, it was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your day!

Alyssa · Married on 08/27/2016

Book with Van Rixel Productions - you won't be disappointed!! They are more than just an excellent DJ service - they provide planning and timeline management. I was at ease throughout my entire wedding.

Sent on 10/07/2016

Megan · Married on 08/26/2016

My husband and I would like to thank David and Van Rixel Productions for helping us have the best wedding ceremony and reception we could ask for. We planned our wedding from across the country and David made it very easy to communicate with him and made sure we were on the same page even when it came to all of the small details. His team did an amazing job on every aspect of the day, from the up-lighting in the reception hall, the lighted tables in the cocktail room, the special touches on the photo booth printouts, being right on cue with every hand-picked song we chose for each special moment, making it possible to use a custom design for the wall projection, and even keeping us on schedule throughout the whole day. We received so many complements on every feature of the ceremony and reception that Van Rixel Productions helped with, and all of the hard work they put in really made our day extraordinary. If you want to have a beautiful wedding with incredible special touches, and work with people who genuinely care about making your day or party one of a kind, we would strongly recommend Van Rixel Productions. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Alissa · Married on 07/30/2016

From the beginning of our planning to the wedding, David were there every step of the way. A lot of our friends said their own DJs didn't see them until their wedding day, but not David! He met with us twice before the wedding to make sure every one of our needs were met, as well as occasional email conversations. On the night of the wedding, he and his assistant helped to orchestrate everything beautifully (even doing things that he didn't have to do!), which really made us feel his passion for his business and people. If we have another event where a DJ would be needed, we wouldn't go to anyone else! So great at reading the crowd, playing outstanding music, and making us and our guests dance the night away! Highly highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Thank you! Congratulations!

Donna · Married on 07/16/2016

Thanks to Van Rixel Productions for being very flexible with the music for our wedding and some unforeseen last minute changes. Great to work with and the quality is excellent.

Sent on 09/14/2018

Kylie · Married on 07/03/2016

Wow where do I even start with this review?! David was the absolute best DJ and host for our wedding. I could not have dreamed of a better night and he played a huge part in that! From our first phone call, to our meeting a few weeks before the big day, to the reception itself, he was one top of his game 110% of the time! He was so confident and aware of what was going on. I did not have to worry about a thing. He made me feel so comfortable and at ease and he was always two steps ahead of me. Our guests are still raving about how perfect the music and transitions were all night! Everyone had a blast. Also, our reception was in a giant beer hall with terrible acoustics. Everyone was warning me about how bad the music would sound. When I mentioned this to David, he wasn’t afraid at all. He assured me that I wouldn’t even notice it and he was right! The music was at a perfect level all night long. It was just loud enough on the dance floor, but when I wasn’t dancing I never felt like I was yelling to talk to anyone. I cannot say enough great things! I would recommend this company over and over again.

Sent on 07/20/2016

Melyssa · Married on 07/02/2016

Rolando was attentive to not only my husband and I but our guests as well. He even went as far as getting drinks for us if we needed it, playing and making the music fun, and being a gracious DJ. I would recommend this company to anyone and everyone

Sent on 07/15/2016

Megan · Married on 06/18/2016

We were extremely happy with Van Rixel Productions. David did an excellent job not only with amazing music, but with the overall flow and planning of our big day. David was very timely with e-mails with my many questions and gave great advice. On our actual wedding day, he greeted all of our guests, checked in with us throughout the evening, and really helped with 'herding' guests for where they needed to go. David and his staff (he had an assistant and person for our photo booth) were very professional and fun! Above all, David was great at reading the crowd and keeping everyone on the dance floor! Our guests said they have never danced so much at any other wedding! My now husband and I had our top 40 picks and 90s music we wanted but we also wanted to accommodate the extensive 80s music my parents wanted. David did a great job of balancing and playing great songs in all categories! I would highly recommend them to anyone, in fact one of my guests are now using them for their own wedding! Amazing company and great to have as a part of the best day of your life.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Marianne · Married on 05/28/2016

I am very happy we chose Van Rixel as our wedding dj. They were very professional. I really like their website where you can request songs and provide details for the event. They played the songs that we requested. It turned out exactly how I hoped it would.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

Thanks, Marianne! Congratulations again to you and John. :)

Booking Van Rixel was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. David worked with us before the day to make sure everything was in order and DJ Josh was there on the day of. Josh was FANTASTIC! We had some mishaps throughout the reception and he constantly checked in with me to make sure I was happy and did whatever he could to help figure things out. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

Congratulations again! We had a blast. :)
  • SarahMarie

Sarah · Married on 05/21/2016

Music was very important to us!! David Van Rixel helped us to create the wedding of our dreams. My only request was to keep the dance floor full, and David did that! My guests have been raving non stop about David's mad skills!! David is professional, fun and a talented DJ. He was also very responsive and helpful with timeline planning! My guests loved the photobooth that they set up. The attendant put up a lot of schenanigins from our guests. They also set the mood with up lighting they set up, it made our space beautiful! I highly reccomend Van Rixel for any party needs you might have!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

Thanks Sarah and Mike! Congratulations!

Caroline · Married on 05/07/2016

We chose Van Rixel Productions for our wedding in May 2016 with the recommendation of a friend, and we could not have been happier with our experience. We had DJ Rolando, and he was the perfect fit for the high energy crowd in attendance at our wedding. Multiple times throughout the night, Rolando would ask my husband and me if there was anything we needed, and he was so accommodating! He took control of every event in the wedding and our guests always knew what was going on, and the dance floor was PACKED the entire night! It was a night we will never forget. Thanks Rolando and Van Rixel Productions!

Sent on 06/03/2016

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

We had so much fun! Congratulations!
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 03/26/2016

I could not have found a better DJ for our wedding! We originally contacted David because of his lighted tables and photo booth.. appealing to me that I was able to get so many services through one person! We not only used the lighted bar top tables, we also used his up lighting and monogram on the floor, really complete the look for our space. The photo booth/video booth was just awesome as well!
    I loved the enthusiasm he has when it came to the music, the flow of the night and how he described the whole thing as a production! I felt like he just got what I wanted and executed it perfectly! We were fairly nontraditional.. no sit down dinner, passed appetizers.. I don't think we even had enough chairs for everyone who came! I wanted the dance floor full the whole time and David pulled it off! Music was the perfect blend of 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and now. Even some Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Al Green and the Temptations. Ages 16 to 65 never left the floor all night. People still, a year later, while attending other weddings, rave about how much fun ours was and A LOT of that is owed to David and Van Rixel Productions!! My only complaint is, why didn't I use you for our ceremony!? I cannot thank you enough!

*absolutely use his documents for songs selections, timeline etc. makes communication so smooth*

Sent on 02/08/2017

Krista · Married on 12/19/2015

David (Van Rixel) was awesome to work with! He made our wedding planning easier and our big day spectacular. David is very professional and has not only great DJ skills, he's also a fantastic emcee. He helped move our wedding day along smoothly and was very organized. Van Rixel Productions is capable of awesome uplighting too! We had 24 uplights around the room that David was able to match to the shade of blue we were looking for, as well as a "bliss light" which made a starry night like projection onto the ceiling that made our venue (The Chandelier Ballroom) look even dreamier than it already does. David also customized a gobo with our names and a snowflake image we provided him with. Also, the Photo Booth was a huge hit with our guests, and his staff was great too! David and Van Rixel Productions has a big factor in our day going absolutely perfectly and we would recommend him to anyone thinking about their wedding DJ!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

Thank you Krista! Your wedding was so beautiful and well put together and we loved being a part of it! Congratulations to you and Jon.

Celesta · Married on 11/13/2015

David was a big part of making our wedding perfect! He did our ceremony music as well as our reception music. We've requested video game music for the prelude music which was recognized and loved by many of our guests. He also did a great job timing the music to our entrances and the timing the music to capture the best parts of the songs while we walked down the aisle. Once we got to the reception, David was great about keeping track of the time and getting everyone ready for the grand march, speeches, and dances. He also was great about keep track of our kissing game alternative to the glass clinking. He kept everyone dances and when our robot ring bearer made his entrance for a dance, he quickly found perfectly appropriate music for it! We received numerous compliments from our guest about David. They loved how responsive to requests he was and how friendly he was to approach. They also loved the music level during dinner which allowed everyone to socialize.
    Thank you David for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Jennifer · Married on 11/07/2015

Van Rixel Productions did an amazing job at our wedding! One of the best moments for my husband and his mother was how Van Rixel Productions put together 4 songs into one big mash song so they could do their son/mother dance to all the songs they both loved and had great memories too. This was going above and beyond for us! We greatly appreciate all that they did for our big day!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Margaret · Married on 10/10/2015

Van Rixel Productions was one of our favorite vendors for our wedding. During our initial meeting with David, he explained the difference between Van Rixel DJ's and other DJ's. We really liked the attention to detail and level of involvement Van Rixel Productions provided. When we met with our DJ, Rolando, I knew we had made the right decision. He was extremely professional, paid very close attention to details of our wedding and offered suggestions on how to make our day perfect. During our wedding, he was AMAZING! Not only was he an amazing DJ, but he provided a level of service that helped make our day run smoothly. He greeted us at the door with water (the first I had all day) and helped work out our timeline with our venue contact. He kept everything running so smoothly and really went above and beyond any duties I would have expected from a DJ. Plus, after all of the wedding business was taken care of (cake cutting, dances etc) the music he played was awesome and I have never seen so many guests at a wedding on the dance floor. This was one of the best decisions we made and helped relieve my stress because I knew Rolando had everything handled.

We also used Van Rixel Productions to record our ceremony. This was a last minute addition because our grandparents were unable to make our wedding. David was able to add this last minute and the quality of the recording is fantastic!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

Thanks Margaret! We loved working with you and Dave and we wish you a wonderful life together.

Jim · Married on 09/19/2015

Van Rixel Productions' services at our wedding were beyond exceptional. David's level of professionalism, experience, and most importantly FUN were exactly what we were looking for in a DJ. Every detail went off without a hitch and I cannot tell you how many guests commented to me on what a great job the DJ did. Van Rixel Productions helped my wife and I create a memorable wedding day -not only for us but for all who attended as well.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

Woo hoo! What an amazing wedding so much fun and so well planned!

Molly · Married on 08/08/2015

Words cannot fully express how happy my husband and I were with Van Rixel Productions. We ended up switching DJ's and going with Van Rixel Productions somewhat late in the game and it was by far the best decision that we made. We were impressed with Van Rixel Productions right from the start. The reviews on the Knot and Wedding Wire caught our eye first, and we absolutely know why. All of the pre-wedding planning was flawless, and the option to add songs and craft your music visions on a database assigned specifically for your wedding is incredible. We loved that we could preview songs on there and we loved the suggestion lists. Meeting with David before the wedding was fantastic. We walked out feeling like we could leave the wedding in David's hands and he would work his magic. You could tell that DJ'ing is his passion and he is excellent at his craft.

I have had several people tell me that the DJ at the wedding was absolutely incredible. He got everyone on the floor right away and the floor was packed all night long. He played the perfect songs, making sure to play the songs that we wanted but also using his knowledge to pick excellent songs for the crowd. He created a party, made everyone feel safe and comfortable on the dance floor, and this is why our venue said that he was the best DJ that they've seen.

I can't stress to you enough how amazing Van Rixel Productions is. It is the best decision that you'll make when wedding planning!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

Thank you Molly for the kind words. It means so much to us to know how we were able to help create that memorable day for you. It was a lot of fun partying with Bucky and Pounce as well! Congratulations to you and Paul!

Rachel · Married on 08/01/2015

David was the perfect balance between professional and fun. He made our day stress free by keeping track of the time and gathering everyone he needed for each event (garter toss, bouquet toss, dances, etc.) Sammy was running our photo booth, and he was such a cool guy. Loved everything about them!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Loved working with Van Rixel Productions. They made setting up the DJ service for our wedding so easy! Well worth the cost!

Sent on 07/08/2015

meggie · Married on 05/24/2015

If you are looking for the best DJ around, look no further than Van Rixel Productions. They exceeded our expectations from the beginning until the end of the reception. True professionals and know how to get and keep a party going! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ to help us celebrate the greatest day of our lives! Thanks David and all of Van Rixel productions!!! Meggie & Ryan

Sent on 06/03/2015

Jeremy · Married on 05/23/2015

Van Rixel Productions was absolutely incredible. They listened to all of our ideas and complimented them with helpful suggestions. They were also extremely detail orientated. David did an excellent job at the wedding- his music choice was impeccable and had everyone up and dancing. My wife and I were getting compliments consistently through out the night on how good the DJ was. We would highly recommend Van Rixel Productions to anyone. Thank you again David!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Jamie · Married on 04/11/2015

David was great! Our guests loved our music selections and were always on the dance floor.

Sent on 06/26/2016

Van Rixel Productions did a fantastic job. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/26/2014