Valley Forge Casino Resort Reviews

Valley Forge Casino Resort 5
Valley Forge Casino Resort 6
Valley Forge Casino Resort 7

3.5

I really enjoyed every minute of my wedding thanks to the great staff! Monica, our wedding coordinator was amazingly helpful and supportive every step of the way and John and his catering staff were non stop making sure us and our guest were happy the entire night. Also, the ballroom looked great and food was awesome!

Sent on 10/27/2012

Davidah · Married on 09/29/2018

3.0

Valley Forge Casino Resort supported us and our vision entirely through our whole wedding planning process. Very detail oriented team and attentive to our wants and needs. We highly recommend their hospitality and beautiful accommodations. We had a wonderful time. Beautiful rooms, friendly staff, and amazing food.

Sent on 10/13/2018

We recently got married at the Valley forge casino resort. We had multiple functions at the venue. We used the waterford ballroom, now called 'The Venue' for our Sangeet function. We had our wedding ceremony in the Independence Ballroom, the reception and brunch the next day in the Grand Ballroom. Everything went as planned. The service was great. The ballroom spaces were very pretty and spacious for the number of guests we had. We used their catering for one of our functions and for the brunch, food was great!
    Terri was wonderful to work with. She was very responsive from the start and helped make sure everything ran smoothly. It was really convenient having all our wedding functions in one place with the unpredictable April weather. A lot of our guests traveled from out of town and everyone mostly stayed in the Radisson Tower. The rooms were really comfortable and the guests were all really happy. There is 24 hr dining in the resort which was also very convenient.

Sent on 05/10/2016

Lisa · Married on 05/31/2014

Loved everything about this venue! Amazing food, fabulous staff, very flexible with the wedding packages and lots to do after the wedding. It is on the expensive side, but it was well worth it. Wouldn't have had our wedding anywhere else!!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Mallory · Married on 05/15/2010

The Radisson was extremely flexible with my financial restrictions. They provided absolutely amazing services even though I couldn't afford the best! They were very professional and treated me like a queen on the day of my wedding! I would highly recommend them if you're looking for someone who can easily cater to your every want and need!

Sent on 09/07/2011

Briona · Married on 09/22/2018

3.5

I had a great experience and a beautiful wedding in the Parkview ballroom. Everything was perfect and set up beautifully. They gave great things as part of the package. The only thing is make sure all your guests will show. About 15 of mine did not and you will not be refunded for their plates.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Kristin · Married on 06/05/2015

3.5

Everything was really fantastic and precessional! So happy with our event.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Kristie · Married on 09/15/2007

3.5

Clem was very helpful in planing every part of my reception. He even offered better advise when I was convinced I wanted it one way his way was always better. His experience made my reception beautiful.

Sent on 01/05/2008

christine · Married on 10/09/2004

everything was wonderful

Sent on 07/08/2008

Joette · Married on 07/21/2018

We had a beautiful wedding at the Valley Forge Casino on August 12, 2018. It was a truly memorable day. The food was delicious, the bartender was great and the decorations in our reception room were exactly what I had imagined! Working with Angelique was a pleasure. She was always so responsive and knowledgeable and they were very accommodating with everything. All of the preferred vendors that we choose were great too. We loved our officiant from Journeys of the Heart and working with Kris from Colonial Gardens for our lovely flowers. When we got to our room at the end of the evening we had a nice arrangement of cheeses and desserts in our room as a special treat too.

Sent on 08/18/2018
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 04/28/2018

2.0

From the very beginning we had an overall wonderful experience. Our wedding coordinator, Terri, was absolutely exceptional. She was so easy to work with and has such a great personality that I would look forward to my meetings with her. She was able to accommodate all our requests without question.

The day of, the ballroom just looked absolutely stunning. We we so incredibly happy to see our vision come to life. The reason I knocked down professionalism was because we had 4 wedding cards that were left on the table. 2 were returned to us the next day from the staff.... thought it was a nice gesture at first but only to realize they were opened and taped back up. They had checks in them so probably the only reason they were given back. & no need to open the card because our names were on the front. We also didn’t have the friendliest bartenders but that was addressed quickly.

In the end we had the best day of our lives and we were very happy with the venue and how easy the process was.

Sent on 05/12/2018
    Valley Forge Casino Resort 8

3.5

VFCR is truly the best bang for your buck. There is so much included in their packages (centerpieces, cake, open bar, basic table linens, 3 free hotel rooms), taking away a lot of extra stress that many couples experience when looking for outside vendors. The quality of everything is fantastic considering how much less you will pay by choosing this venue. Everyone is so helpful and friendly and really make sure to give you the best wedding day possible. We had our ceremony in the Grand Ballroom which was spacious and very elegant looking. Our cocktail hour and reception were in The Venue, which is such a unique space to have a reception. The 2 levels gives such a unique look to your reception. We got so many compliments on the space, and again, paid much less than what we would have paid at another venue. Food was delicious, drinks were very well made, and the service was great! Our maitre d' was fabulous and really made every effort to take care of us and have the reception go smoothly. It also was a great addition to already be in the hotel and also to have many options for after the wedding, as well as for the whole weekend to keep our guests entertained. We continued the party down at The Vault with a lot of dancing and others made their way over to the casino. Overall, our experience at VFCR was exceptional and we were definitely happy with how everything turned out. Great value!!

Sent on 05/04/2016

Valley Forge Casino Resort's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with us for your wedding. We know this is one of the most important days of your life and we do strive to not only make it affordable, but memorable. We are very lucky to have a great wedding team to help you plan all the details, along with a fabulous banquet and culinary team to deliver exceptional service and food. I appreciate your recognition of them and am thrilled that your day was all you hoped it would be.

Best of luck in your future! On behalf of the Valley Forge Casino Resort Wedding, Banquet and Culinary teams, we wish you a lifetime of wonderful memories, health and happiness!

Warm regards,

Lori Glennon
    Director of Catering

Maria · Married on 07/24/2010

3.5

Clem and The Radisson were WONDERFUL. I wish I could get married again so I could work with them!
    My only complaint was with booking rooms for our guests - there was much confusion with the reservations department.

Sent on 03/23/2011

3.5

Make sure you know exactly what you are getting with your contract!

Sent on 06/05/2016

4.2

The venue was great, the maitre d was a little pushy, but besides that we enjoyed ourselves!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Misse · Married on 10/10/2010

3.5

In chosing a place my husband said all ballrooms are the same, pick whatever. THEN I found The Waterford Ballroom. It has a stage, which is where we got married, and a balcony for coctail hour. The day of the wedding was perfect. Food was good (with a lot of selections to pick from), everything went smoothly, and everyone loved the room & had tons of fun.

My only problem was with the planning. In the 2 years I was planning I went through 4 planners... everyone kept quitting! (not because of me! Two had better opprotunities, one just walked out) One was three days before my wedding. Some days it was hard to get answers from anyone as to what was going on because the new person was always over-whelmed. Clem took over the night of the rehersal, so my suggestion is just deal with him.

Sent on 01/11/2011

courtney · Married on 08/22/2008

3.5

I worked with Nick and his assistant Dana. Nick was always responsive through email and was super accomodating to my needs. After I selected the venue I moved 9 hours away and Nick was there for support. Although they did offer planning services, if you are a bride that wants to get extra creative and like small details to be incorproated, you will probably still need to hire a wedding planner to make sure your day goes smoothly and all of your details come together perfectly. On the day of anyone that was around was super helpful and easy to work with. Prior to the wedding there were some small problems but the day of went so smoothly. The staff were so helpful and made my day pefect.

Sent on 09/22/2008

Rebekah · Married on 08/08/2008

3.5

We LOVED the Radisson! The room looked amazing, the food was excellent and the service was great also!!! I am very glad we held our wedding here!

Sent on 08/20/2008

Very excited to have my wedding here. .. Emily has bee. Very helpful and super nice! !

Sent on 02/01/2015

Carolyn · Married on 09/26/2015

2.5

The event staff provided an amazing experience. It was beautiful, well organized, and staff was very accommodating. The only issue we had was with Reservations and the Front Desk. There needs to be more coordination and VIP treatment by Reservations and Front Desk for groups having large events at the hotel. Dealing with the Reservations issues caused a lot of distress.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Carolyn~

Thank you so much for your feedback. Your daughter's wedding was beautiful and it was our honor to be a part of it. I appreciate your comments on reservations and the front desk. We always strive to extend the best possible service, but when we fall short, we need to be aware so that we can correct the problem and improve our service. We wish the new Mr. & Mrs. Hopkinson the best of luck and a future filled with happiness, health, and much love. Please stay in touch! Lori Glennon, Director of Catering

Kelly · Married on 05/17/2013

3.5

The planning process was very easy and fun for our wedding in the Waterford Room. The only problem that we faced was when our guests were trying to book their rooms, the front desk kept telling them they were sold out, which they were not. The day of our wedding was WONDERFUL, the room looked spectacular, the food was amazing and the service was spectacular. Our day went off without a hitch! If I had to do it over, I would not have changed a thing!!

Sent on 06/02/2013

Diane · Married on 08/01/2015

3.8
      3.5

1 I would suggest requesting a bell hop person to help the bride and groom out of the room WITH A CART or Provide a cart that the couple can keep in the room over night so that all of the gifts ,clothing, supplies used for the wedding can be transported Down to the car easily. We did not have one it was very frustrating to say the least!! Check out was a painful process!
    2 Hotel guests for the wedding (family members) made reservations months in advance with the request of having an adjoining room or rooms next to each other in the wedding block of rooms. Were told no problem. However, they did NOT get that. At check in family members were informed that their rooms were on TOTALLY SEPARATE FLOORS. Then my family members/ (guests at our wedding) got so frustrated they cancelled the rooms all together. We booked our wedding at hotel to be able to offer rooms to avoid drinking then driving. It was upsetting and embarrassing to find out that the hotel did not stick to their word and what was ordered / expected did not happen.

Sent on 10/02/2015

3.4
      3.0

I'm going to start with this issue because its important future brides are aware!!! WE HAD WEDDING CRASHERS!! People entered our reception, drank our beverages, danced, and worst of all signed our guest book with vulgarity. When I notified our maitre'D nothing was actually done, they asked the unwanted guests to leave but they refused. When my husband demanded they leave they threatened him with violence, at which point several groomsmen had to step in and physically remove the guests. Security was a BIG issue so keep that in mind if you choose this venue!!

However, my wedding coordinator, Emily, for everything leading up to the big day was amazing. Unfortunately the day of my wedding she was out sick and the venue failed to tell me. I had to find out by calling multiple times before finally having someone tell me she wouldn't be in. At which point panic obviously set in. Her replacement was Terri who when I finally got her on the phone was condescending and instead of understanding that I was upset that the one person that knew everything I wanted and needed for me wedding wouldn't be there, talked down to me like I was being irrational. I even found out from guests later that Terri was bad-mouthing me to other staff members during the wedding.

The food we got during the reception was NOT what we had at the tasting, and after being instructed to make color coded place cards with meal choices the wait staff failed to use them and certain guests didn't get the meals they ordered, including one guest who had an allergy and was ultimately served a dinner she could not eat. Also the Vegans were served Lasagna... with cheese... The extra meals for the no-shows were not wrapped for us like we were told they would be as well.

Overall I had an absolute blast at my wedding here, but I would say it was because of the people and the music and had nothing to do with the staff or the food. It was super convenient having the hotel and after party on-site thats it.

Sent on 08/20/2015

3.2
      2.0

The Radisson, specifically Clem and Lindsay, were wonderful to work with. They were extremely responsive to all our needs and questions. However on the day of the wedding, there were some glitches. We paid for a raw bar for our cocktail hour. Guests told us that the raw bar was not replenished and most was gone quickly. We had some issues with banquet servers who confronted my dad asking for a tip. At the end of the night, the Radisson servers were going to throw away the top of my wedding cake - thankfully my mother in law saved it. They did end up sending our groomsman cake to the employee cafeteria (it should have been boxed up and placed on a table for guests to take when leaving). We were also told that guests were collecting some of our vases as the Radisson was going to throw things away. My wedding was not ruined by the Radisson, but we had expected soooo much better from them going into our wedding.

Sent on 01/02/2013

Katrina · Married on 10/18/2014

2.8
      2.5

They have high turnover of the wedding coordinator position. We went through 4 people in our planning. Girl #3 was given to us less than 2 months before our wedding, then she was gone and no one told us with two weeks left before the wedding. I had sent multiple emails and left voicemails but #3 doesn't return them. I cakes the main line to find out we now had girl #4 with 2 weeks to go. Things that should have been settled a month ago didn't get finalized until two days before the wedding. We had the simplest plans but no one cared to confirm anything with us the whole time. Girl #4 didn't respond to some of my emails or phone calls and was most likely overwhelmed with the terrible job girl #3 had done. Beautiful venue, great food, all other service people are great, but the wedding planner consistently changed on us and we felt used and abused.

Sent on 11/01/2014

Dear Katrina,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would like to extend to you our sincerest apologies for the turnover you experienced while planning your special day. Although we recognize that not everyone can be a Wedding Specialist, it was not our intention to have such turnover and we finally feel that we have the appropriate people in place to ensure that our brides feel comfortable and can return to the excitement of their special day's arrival. Thank you for your kind comments on our venue, food, and service staff. We are very lucky to have such a strong food & beverage team here at The Valley Forge Casino Resort that truly cares about the day you have dreamed of for the better part of your life and I am happy to hear that they made that dream a reality for you.
    Congratulations and best wishes for a blissful and fulfilled future together as husband and wife!
    Warmly,