Valenzano Winery by Summit Catering Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 20 Reviews
View more information

Michael H. Married on 06/18/2021

Unforgettable Wedding

Dory, Alysa, and Betty for our Wedding a reception at Valenzano Winery and it was nothing but spectacular. The Winery and Wines were perfect. Dory came through with a last minute tv for us to use for a slide show we wanted to show our guests And Alysa and Betty was always there with a new drink, plate of food, or any help we needed. The entire staff was incredible and fun, they even joined the Congo line. I would strongly recommend choosing them as your vendor if you are planning a wedding. The food was more than selections the guests are still talking about it. The ambience there is breathtaking. Thank you everyone again at Summit Catering. We will always remember our wedding.

Valenzano Winery by Summit Catering's reply:

Hi Michael and Julie!!!!!
    A huge thank you for the kind words!!! You are such a FUN couple - and working with you was truly an honor! You will always be our FAVORITE "Grape Stompers"! 😊. We wish you a LIFETIME of happiness together!!!!❤️
    Sarah K. Married on 06/05/2021

Amazing experience

Amazing experience. Summit catered our wedding in June. Dory, Alysa, and Hailey as well as the rest of the staff went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to have the wedding of their dreams.

Valenzano Winery by Summit Catering's reply:

Thank you Sarah!!! You and Kevin are AMAZING!!!!! LOVED working with you and your families!!!! XOXO❤️❤️
  • Michael
    Michael Married on 09/18/2020

Amazing communication

Hailey from summit catering is a godsend, she responds quickly to texts and emails and always makes us feel as though we are her number one priority.
  • Krista
    Krista D. Married on 05/23/2020

They'll make your dreams come true!

If you have the chance to work with Summit Catering, DO IT! Summit Catering made our dream day a reality. We got married on June 12, 2021 at Valenzano Winery after 3 date changes due to the pandemic and it was a dream come true. Since the moment we first met with Dory back in early 2019 we knew we had made the right decision and that we were in good hands. The team thinks of everything and does not stop short of perfection. The food is incredible—we knew it from our tastings and meetings, but our guests could not stop raving about it either. The attention to detail and the décor to match your theme is so spot on. The staff is incredible and helpful throughout the entire planning process and on the wedding day itself- Tori and Mary went above and beyond! We truly did not have to stress about anything or ever worry about if something was or wasn’t being done, the team at Summit is top-notch and doesn’t leave out one detail. To the entire team at Summit Catering- you made our wedding day a dream come true, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Valenzano Winery by Summit Catering's reply:

Hi Krista!! Thank you so much for your kind words! We absolutely LOVED being apart of your special day. You and Dan were such a pleasure to work with and we know you have a long life of love and happiness ahead of you!! Please keep in touch ❤️ - The Staff at TEAM Summit
    Mike Married on 01/12/2019

Summit helped make my daughter's dreams come true!

Summit Catering hosted my daughter’s wedding at the Valenzano Winery in January 2019.
    Dory, Eric and the Summit staff did an amazing job! The ice-sculpture was amazing and the pyrotechnics was a great surprise to all. The DJ had great energy and the dance floor was filled the entire night. The food was awesome and the service was fantastic.
    When your daughter tells you that her wedding day was the greatest day of her life and that it exceeded all of her hopes and dreams, do I need to say any more? If you want your daughter’s wedding to be the best day of her life, call Summit Catering.
    Father of the Bride.
    Evelyn Married on 06/30/2018
    I am the maid of honor in my sister's wedding and we used Summit Catering for our bridal shower held at Valenzano Winery in November 2014. I could not have been more impressed. The woman who help coordinate everything beforehand, Dory, made it so easy and thought of everything that I didn't. Then once we had our event, they were very personable and accomodating making the whole event run smoothly. So much less stressful! I was very impressed and would definitely use them again!
    Jennifer Married on 06/08/2018
    My husband and I got married June 8,2018 at Valenzano Winery and we used Summit Catering. The staff and food was absolutely amazing, we could not of asked for a more perfect wedding!
    Nicole Married on 06/30/2017
    There are no words to describe how much of a wonderful job Summit Catering does for weddings. We could not be happier with everything the team did leading up to the wedding and during the wedding. We were married at the Valenzano Winery in June 2017. Eric & Dory worked with us throughout the planning process to make sure that everything was planned how we wanted it to be and executed it beautifully the day of the wedding. The food was absolutely incredible with a wide variety of choices for both the cocktail hour and main course meal. We even had a popcorn machine as guests were leaving to take as a favor home. Guests are still raving over all of the food options that we had, as well as, all the small details of the day. We also had our ceremony at Valenzano Winery, which ran smoothly thanks to the help of Eric and his wonderful staff at Summit. Not only is the service impeccable, but also the relationships that the staff at Summit form with the couple is not to go unnoticed. They are down to earth, friendly, and truly care about the couple. Summit Catering is hands down the best in the business and we would highly recommend them to any future couple.
    Jill Married on 05/19/2017
    I've always known I wanted to get married at Valenzano Winery. The next step was to decide on a caterer, as Valenzano has several caterers that operate out of their event space. We met with a few of the different caterers, and instantly fell in love with Summit. Eric was amazing, so responsive and accommodating and we could tell he genuinely wanted us to be happy. Eric and Dory answered every question we had, showed endless patience, and were so friendly and helpful. Every time we went to Valenzano for a meeting we we're so well taken care of - even when we're just there to relax and have a glass of wine Eric would always stop by and chat with us. Summit is a small, family owned company and it shows, they take amazing care of their couples and I can't say enough about how happy we were to work with them. The food was amazing, all my guests kept telling me how delicious everything was and how attentive and friendly the staff were. Betty and Eric took great care of my wedding party on the day of, and made everything smooth and easy! The only comment I have is that because they are a small company, it’s easy to feel nickeled-and-dimed. Larger companies can throw in lots of “bonuses” for free, but smaller companies have to be more cautious. There were several times working with Summit that they’d charge extra for things (i.e., if I wanted to use their card box, or needed additional large tables), which could be a little frustrating. Even knowing that though, I would still use them if I could do it over, and overall found working with Summit to be an amazing experience.
    Kimberly Married on 11/05/2016
    I truly don't think there is anything that Summit could have done to make our wedding more perfect! We had our wedding at Valenzanos Winery and it was catering by Summit in November 2016. From the beginning when we first met with them until correspondence even after our wedding, all our interactions with them have been perfect. Every detail was covered by Summit and I felt completely at ease and confident in their professionalism and knowledge. From the get go, with all my inquiries and emails back and forth they were quick and detailed to respond. The day of, their staff was professional, attentive and the food was delicious! We had such variety from cocktail hour to dinner and the dessert parade was amazing. I work in the food industry and my coworkers are strong critics and everyone had nothing but compliments about the food.

There is doing your job and then there is going above and beyond. Dory and the Summit staff truly care and have a relationship with their couples. Every little detail even with them matching their flowers on the catering tables to my wedding flowers and color scheme they took care of. I would recommend Summit to anyone and if we had to do it all over again, they would be the first vendor we would pick time and time again!
    Autumn Married on 11/06/2015
    We made an excellent choice by going with Summit Catering. Our wedding at Valenzano Winery last Friday was amazing! Our guests were blown away by the cocktail hour and the the number of delicious appetizers we had. The grilled cheese and tomato soup and bacon wrapped scallops were a hit- as were the other tasty apps we had. Guests also asked about our catering because they were so impressed by dinner. Many members had never had steak at a wedding that was cooked to perfection! The desert entertainment was also a huge success and blew everyone away. My sister was excited to have warm cookies and my grandmother talked about her hot fudge sundae.I know that Summit made out reception the success that it was. The whole night was perfect- we could not have had a more memorable and magical wedding. Justin and I are so happy that our wedding turned out beyond our expectations. Thank you so much Dory and Katie for making our night go smoothly! Katie did an excellent job keeping everything running smoothly the day of and taking care of us. Thank you all again for making our wedding unforgettable! Beautiful venue and outstanding food. We would highly recommend Summit Catering to anyone that wants extraordinary food, an unforgettable reception, and a smooth process. Summit is the only caterer I will recommend. Thank you all so much!
    Deborah Married on 10/02/2015
    Summit provided the catering for my daughter's bridal shower at the Valenzano Wine House on June 14, 2015. WOW!!!!! It was absolutely spectacular!!! I wanted an elegant affair and Dory sure did deliver. Everything, and I mean everything, exceeded my expectations. Both the guests and I marveled at every detail -- from the decor to the the amazing food to the spectacular help. I wanted my daughter's shower to be an elegant affair and it was by far the most elegant shower that I ever attended. My daughter felt the same way. The attention to detail that Dory has mastered is absolutely amazing. I will never forget and will always be grateful for how she made this day so special for me and my daughter. She is the absolute best.
    Chuck B. Married on 09/04/2015
    What can we say about Dory and Summit Catering…When we first met Dory in June 2014, there was an instant connection. She genuinely cares about her couples and takes tremendous pride in her services. She just seemed to get our style and knew exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Needless to say, the wedding reception she gave us, at Valenzano Winery far exceeded our expectations. Everything from the rustic decor to the food was a big hit with our guests. The staff was incredible! Betty was our maitre d', and she did an incredible job. Like Dory, she was extremely likable and treated us like family.

Summit offers a "full service" wedding reception and Dory will provide you with a great list of vendors to help fulfill your needs for the perfect reception. Dory was with us in every part of planning our reception. Her creativity along with her open-minded attitude towards our style made planning and preparing for our wedding much easier than we expected, and it never seemed to burden us.

I can't say enough about Summit Catering! I can't imagine another catering service who can compare to them…if you're planning a wedding, do yourself the favor and consider Summit. We can't wait to hire them in the future!
    Ashley Married on 05/02/2015
    Summit Catering made all our dreams come true. We couldn't have been happier with the choice of Summit Catering- everything was WONDERFUL- they literally took my breath away with the set up of the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Everyone RAVED about the venue (Valenzano Winery) and the food.

Dory is an AMAZING WOMAN who truly cares about her clients. She is very KNOWLEDGEABLE and pays attention to every last detail.

Dory was the officiant of our Ceremony and she did an phenomenal job- she made the ceremony personal and spoke from the heart.

Dory and her husband Joe are very lucky to have such great staff.

Betty was our Maitre'd who we fell in love with the day we met her to look at Valenzano Winery- our Wedding Day was PERFECT because of her.

This day will be marked as the best day of our lives.

Thank you to the ENTIRE Summit Catering Staff!!!
    Susan Married on 03/21/2015
    My son and daughter in law just had their reception at valenzano winery using summit catering...everything was amazing from the venue to the food and the service...I cant say enough about how perfect their day was!!
  • User4691149 2+ years ago
    I got married at Valenzano Winery, which provides a list of approved caterers that you have to choose from. Summit was our first call after perusing the reviews for all the caterers--they had the most consistently positive and detailed reviews, and I hope this review will help another couple decide that Summit is the right caterer for them!

First, it's important to say that my husband and I both have horrible control issues. We are type-A perfectionists and we started out with zero wedding knowledge. Valenzano was actually the first of about twenty venues that we looked at, but we knew from the very beginning that Dory was right for us. She is high-energy, truly excited about what she does, impeccably organized, and never failed to make us feel that our endless/annoying/ridiculous questions were totally legitimate. And, after spending so many hours (literally months) looking at just about everything that is out there in the NJ/NY area, I can verify that Summit IS the best choice in the most important aspects of wedding planning: food (we love to eat), flexibility, and budget.

When we signed with Summit and started meeting the other affiliated vendors (DiBartolo Bakery, Time Productions, Freshest Flowers), every single person we dealt with breathed a sigh of relief when we told them we were a "Summit couple"--and many went on to tell us that we were in the best of hands. The affiliated vendors are not only a huge time-saver but they are extremely high-quality and consistent with the Summit brand--I can't wait to write their reviews after this one.

Celeste was our maitre d' and Katie was also assigned to us to make sure that we were watered and fed--and they are truly "Summit" in their professionalism and infallible patience. Our guests are still raving about how good the food and service was, two weeks later! After the day is over, all you will remember is whether you and your guests had the most amazing party--and Summit made sure that we did.
    Caitlin Married on 06/08/2013
    My husband and I used Summit Catering for our beautiful wedding at Valenzano Winery on June 8, 2013. The food was excellent! Our guests were well taken care of with the buttlered appetizers and plenty of drinks during cocktail hour......the number of bartenders and servers were perfect! My husband and I also had our own butler (devin) who was outstanding, during pictures she brought us drinks and appetizers and was always there for us when we needed. Dinner was excellent, the herbed crusted sirloin and chicken ala Nina were incredible, and of course everyone raved about the garlic mashed potatoes!

Not only were we impressed by the service but our guests were too!

Betty (our maitre d') was phenomenal. She guided us through our rehearsal and made sure our ceremony and reception was flawless. We couldn't have done it without her!!!!

Thanks to Summit Catering our dream wedding came true!
    Caitlin Married on 11/19/2011
    Dory and her staff were nothing but fabulous! Our wedding was at Valenzano Winery and was complete perfection! The food was amazing and so was our day! Thanks Dory!!
    Susan Married on 05/29/2011
    Summit Catering did a wonderful job catering my daughter and son-in-law's wedding at Valenzano Winery on May 29, 2011. The food was delicious. Our requests (all fish and dairy items) were probably not the usual, but Dory helped us select a lovely array of dishes that satisfied everyone (not one complaint from our meat and potatoes guests). The tables were decorated beautifully and the entertainment was perfectly matched to the preferences of the bride and groom. We were worried about just going with the included floral and DJ services for the most part, but decided to put our trust in Dory's expertise. The compliments are still rolling in. Both young and older guests continue to tell us that they never had so much fun at a wedding before - elegant but not too stuffy. Our maitre'd, Lars, was warm and attentive throughout the day. I missed the Viennese table during all the fun, but he had had a plateful of my favorite, specially-requested cookies left at my table. Amazingly, Summit sends you home with your leftovers! Lars actually went into the office the following day (a holiday!) to pack up our food and give it to us, since we had stayed in a hotel overnight and were not able to store the food at the hotel. Summit offers very reasonable prices, but their service is topnotch. I recommend them wholeheartedly!
    Jenn Married on 06/11/2011
    Summit Catering catered our wedding and it was absolutely amazing! Dory and Mary and their team did an excellent job. The food was outstanding and all of our guests raved about it. The whole day was so smooth and the set up at Valenzano Winery looked spectacular! I highly recommend them!!!