Vacations In Paradise Honeymoons and Destination Weddings Reviews

58 | Austin, TX

58 Reviews for Vacations In Paradise Honeymoons and Destination Weddings

Lindsey · Married on 02/07/2014

Michelle from Vacations in Paradise is amazing! At first, my husband and I thought we would plan our whole destination wedding on our own. Thankfully we recosidered, and amazingly we found Michelle. She helped us throughout the entire planning process, all the way up to the day of the wedding. We are so happy that we chose Vacations in Paradise. We look forward to having Michelle help us plan our 1st anniversary trip... hopefully back at the Excellence Riviera Cancun!

Sent on 02/24/2014

Danielle · Married on 01/18/2014

We enjoyed working with Michelle she was great.

Sent on 02/13/2014
  • User3920633 · 2+ years ago

They gave my in-laws and us great service!!!

Sent on 02/20/2014

I tried 3 vacation planners before I found Michelle. Not one of them had been to the resort I wanted. Most kept trying to push me elsewhere so they could make their commission. Thank you so much Michelle. From organization to speaking with my wedding coordinator in Mexico. She did it all. For someone who is too busy or has no desire to take the lead or if you just need a little guidance. ...This is the way to go. Hands down!

Sent on 02/21/2014

Joe · Married on 11/01/2013

Michelle did a great job helping our friends and family plan for our wedding. Her communication was clear, concise and value added. I would and have recommended Michelle and her team to our friends who are planning travel in the future.

Sent on 11/15/2013

Brandon · Married on 10/12/2013

Michelle went out of her way to help us on multiple occasions. She was a pleasure to work with and I will definitely use her again for our next vacation.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Amy · Married on 10/11/2013

Michelle was so amazing to work with! She booked my destination wedding travel and the travel for all of our guests. All of our guests had wonderful feedback as well about working with Michelle. She is so sweet, and so quick to respond even when she is out of the country traveling! She really held our hand through the whole process and our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more! Take my advice, Michelle is the best!!!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Desaree · Married on 06/29/2013

Vacations in Paradise was a great travel agency, that provided superb service to help my husband and I plan for our honeymoon. Michelle Bouzek was a wonderful travel agent. She was professional, expedient, and very knowledgeable. Going into this experience, I had a negative perception of travel agents, but Michelle erased those perceptions and showed me that it was possible to have a great and easy experience working with a travel agency.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Laura · Married on 06/23/2013

Michelle was great. She was able to tell me the pros and cons of each resort and helped us pick one that best fit our needs. We got more accomplished in one afternoon than I had been able to do on my own in months. She was always there to answer my questions, and the trip went off without a hitch!

Sent on 07/30/2013
  • Ashlie

Ashlie · Married on 03/23/2013

When we first decided we were going to have a destination wedding the thought of planning a wedding via, phone and emails scared me. However, having Michelle and VIP in my corner helping coordinate all my family and friends travel saved me time with her knowledge of the property helped get each guest in the right room that fit their budget and vacation needs. She also helped with the actual planning between the property and was copied on all emails. When she needed to step in the our onsite planner had not gotten back to me in a timely manner she would step in for us. It really made everything go great and kept my stress level low. When my guest would call with questions about the pricing, property or making changes it was nice to be able to direct them to Michelle who was there to help answer all their questions and concerns. I would highly recommend using Michelle if you are planning a destination wedding or vacation. My stress level was low at all times of planning thanks to all her efforts. It was perfect!

Sent on 04/01/2013
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 01/18/2013

We planned our destination wedding and honeymoon with Michelle at Vacations in Paradise. We had our initial face to face meeting where we spent over 2 hours discussing our wants and needs in planning our wedding. We felt relieved when we left as we had picked our wedding location and honeymoon spot. Michelle was available and supportive throughout the entire planning process. She didn't hesitate to jump in and help me out when I had difficulty communicating with the wedding coordinator and was quick in handling all of our travel plans. She handled all of our guests reservations which took a lot of stress off of me. Thanks to her help and support we had a beautiful wedding and perfect honeymoon. I would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 06/12/2013

ali · Married on 01/05/2013

In the first week of January 2013, my husband-to-be and 70 of our friends and family members visited the RIU Palace Tropical Bay in Negril, Jamaica.
    Though it is a larger resort, the employees, maintenance of the grounds and beaches, and rooms were pristine. The food was good (not amazing, certainly not bad) and the drinks were awesome. We provided each of our guests with a big mug for the week so they didn’t have to refill as much and it was a big hit!
    From the wedding planning standpoint; however, the onsite wedding planner often took days or weeks to reply with very minimalistic responses. She comprised on very few things via email; however, when we arrived she was accommodating and cooperating. She ended up following through with most everything we asked for. The resort did not have much to offer in terms of wedding decorations for both the ceremony and reception and what they could offer they charge you an arm and a leg for. We brought all of our own décor, and the night turned out beautifully. For the big day, we brought fans, programs, beach balls, menus, place cards, lanterns, navy napkins with ribbon, and so on to ensure we would have the intimate feel we were looking for.
    I would give my trip a 10/10. 70 guests attended and all of them loved it. The guests varied in age, either mostly in mid-20’s or 50s-60s. All guests were pleased with the natural beauty of the resort- how clean the beach was and how clear the water was. They were all pleasantly surprised by how welcoming the staff was despite being at such a big resort. They also enjoyed the personal touches we were able to add to the wedding despite it being a destination wedding.
    Michelle Bouzek was our planner and she was absolutely amazing! She exceeded our expectations! She made me feel as though I was the only bride she was planning for. She immediately responded to all phone calls or emails, no matter the time of day. Michelle was both an advocate and a

Sent on 02/27/2013

When it came to finding a place to have our destination wedding my husband and I were inexperienced and indecisive. Michelle helped us narrow it down and find the perfect place! She was patient, professional, and extremely helpful along the way. Thank you Michelle for helping us pick the perfect location for our special day! Can't wait to plan our next vacation with you!

Sent on 06/17/2013
  • F

Falon · Married on 11/10/2012

Michelle with Vacations in Paradise was great! I couldn't have asked for better service and advice. We are not big travelers so we had many questions that might have sounded dumb but Michelle didn't mind at all and answered all your questions, making us feel excited about our trip instead of worried!! I will definitely be using Vacations in Paradise to plan my next vacation!

Sent on 06/08/2013

Khalia · Married on 03/14/2011

Michelle is excellent! She was always there to answer my questions, and in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend her to any destination brides. She really helped me stay calm and rest assured that my day would be perfect, which it was.

Sent on 11/09/2011

Lauren · Married on 01/16/2011

We couldn't have come across Michelle and Vacations in Paradise at a more perfect time. From the very beginning we knew we wanted to do a destination wedding. After going to many sites and trying several 'online' destination wedding services, we felt more confused then helped. And since our guests were coming from all over the country we needed to find someone we could work closely with. We looked for a local travel agent who would sit down and help us find a place that worked for all of our needs, and not push a certain hotel on us. After talking to Michelle, it only took a few weeks to narrow down our choice to Moon Palace Resort in Cancun. It fit everything we wanted and we could not have been more happy.
    For ease, I will break down the process throughout the year:
    Feb 2010- Picked the Moon Palace Resort in Cancun for Jan 16 2011 wedding. We chose to do it on the Sunday of a 3 day weekend so that people would only have to take off Friday if only staying a few days. We went back and forth with Michelle confirming locations and times and signed the wedding contract.
    March 2010-April 2010: Sent out Save the Dates and told everyone to contact Michelle for deposit information. She took care of the deposits. She suggested the deposit be $150, since only people who are committed would put that much money down.
    May 2010: Michelle coordinated the deposits and helped get out the travel information. Many people started calling her regarding pricing and airfare. Throughout this time, she gave updates on who had put down deposits.
    June-September 2010: She continued to work closely to coordinate with the people that were booking the rooms and airfare. She also answered my hundreds of questions regarding details about Moon Palace and services they offered. If she did not know the answer, she was able to get one pretty quickly from the resort. She was able to switch around our packaged to make sure it fit what we wanted.
    October 2010: This was a crazy time because everyone’s money was due. As she suggested, we made the deadline about a month before the actual hotel deadline. Even so, there were still people paying several weeks after the deadline. We kept in constant contact about who still owed what and when it was all due.
    November 2010-December 2010: Michelle helped coordinate between the Moon Palace wedding coordinator and myself. She intervened several times to make sure we were getting the best services for the best price and kept pushing until everything was exactly how I wanted. It was extremely helpful to have her knowledge of the wedding process there, as I would not have known what was available. She also sent out several emails to the guests detailing how to travel through the airport and what to expect upon arrival.
    January 2011: Everyone received their documents and travel information in an organized pouch. I know everyone liked how easy it was to read and understand. Even when we arrived in Mexico, unexpected things came up and we had someone unable to come. I called her from the hotel and she was able to coordinate with the travel agency and on-site wedding coordinator to get everything figured out. Because of the pre-planning, there was not much left to figure out once we arrived in Mexico.
    Thanks to Michelle, and all of the planning done before the wedding, it was a breeze once we arrived. Everything went smoothly, and even the few problems that did arise were easily taken care of. She was always available by phone and answered all of my questions. There is no way I could have made travel arrangements for 44 people and have it go as smoothly as it did. Also, since she is a travel agent, she was not paid from us but from the hotel, so all of her help cost us nothing (except a giant phone bill ) We would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking to do a destination wedding as she helped make our dream come true!

Sent on 01/31/2011

Layne · Married on 08/03/2016

The best beach vacation/honeymoon we have ever taken! Worth every penny! Only one hiccup-was supposed to have 2 queen beds but got one king. My son had to sleep on a roll in bed for the week. They were booked and couldn't switch our rooms. The beach and water at Beach Palace was gorgeous. There was a lot of sea grass where we actually stayed (Moon Palace). The golf was amazing!!! The service impeccable. Went snorkeling - wasn't as clear as usual because of the tropical storm but still an awesome experience. Our wedding organizer - Rosa Amaro - was amazing! The wedding cake was delicious. My flowers were gorgeous!! The whole resort was just breath taking!!!!!!! We will definitely return!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Vacations In Paradise Honeymoons and Destination Weddings's reply:

We are thrilled that you loved the resort and that the wedding was amazing ! Palace Resorts does a great job !
  • O

Oladimeji & Alecia · Married on 05/15/2015

Michelle, Cindi, and the wonderful staff at Vacations in Paradise did a fantastic job coordinating our destination wedding at the El Dorado Royale Casitas in Riviera Maya, Mexico. We started our conversation with Michelle over a year in advance of our wedding date over email and sent over our requirements. She immediately got back to us with more questions and some initial recommendations. We viewed each of the offers she showed us and settled on a few to decide from. She was very patient with us, answering every question within 1-2 business days, and more often faster than that. (One time at 1 am!). She explained everything to us to great detail, including packages, pricing, options, advantages, disadvantages, and what other couples had done before. As we are meticulous planners, we appreciated how prepared she was especially having already been to the property and able to relay to us which choices best matched our style. We felt so comfortable working with her. She coordinated our guest list by emailing our guests and communicated key deadlines to them well in advance. She also was cc’d on each conversation we had with the wedding hotel staff to clarify requests, push for better answers, and give us great advice on another email string. We ended up trusting her photographer recommendation after we didn’t approve of the hotel’s recommendations and it was a GREAT recommendation. Our photographer delivered a stunning shoot complete with a private shoot at a swimming hole! VIP treats you like a VIP from step 1 through your return trip. We recommended her group to all our guests for their future vacation needs, and soundly endorse her for yours. Don’t hesitate to reach out to them!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Vacations In Paradise Honeymoons and Destination Weddings's reply:

We are so happy that your stay at the El Dorado Casitas and your destination wedding was everything you hoped for . We are also so pleased that Pixan did such a wonderful job on the photos , they look amazing ! We enjoyed working with you and your wedding group and look forward to working with you again in the future !

Priscila · Married on 10/12/2013

We are very happy and pleased with the organization and plans of our destination wedding.

Sent on 11/08/2013

THe whole process was quick and simple. They recommend destinations based on what you are looking for. The staff is knowledgeable about those locations.

Sent on 06/09/2013

Carrie · Married on 04/20/2013

My husband and I always knew we wanted to be married on a beach, but what we didn't know was how hard it was to plan a destination wedding. We were overwhelmed with thinking about flowers, cake, dj's, personal touches, etc that goes in to a wedding. Then we realized on top of that we were going to have a major language barrier with a wedding in another country. My sister in law found reviews for Michelle at Vacations in Paradise online, and she recommended I give her a call. Best call I ever made...EVER! I was the bride that wanted to save pennies wherever I could, and was not sure if a travel agent was in my budget. If this is your mindset, I promise, you will spend more money with out booking her. I met with Michelle a few times (yes she actually met with me 3 different times after work to look through pictures of EVERY resort in Cancun-literally), before we found "THE" resort. We were needy. We were basically "that couple". We wanted a wow factor, with out the price. We wanted it all and we got it all with Michelle B. Michelle was amazing and patient. She talked to all of our friends and families and helped everyone book flights, rooms, arrange transportation, and even went above and beyond. She mailed out gifts to every guest with a travel bag, itinerary, do's and dont's, and goodies. Every guest called and asked me where I found Michelle and if they could take her home. My answer was always- "she's mine" :) She also sent us a very nice leather book with everything we would need to know about the resort(and more). It was a very nice professional touch. The wedding was absolutely perfect, the resort was amazing, the accommodations are still talked about & most importantly no hitches in any travel plans. Not only is she good at helping guests, but she is worth gold to translate your needs to the resort. I wouldn't trade her for the world & I am still in contact with her today. Thank you for giving us a wedding that was even better than our dreams!
    -The Bary's

Sent on 12/17/2013

Stefanie · Married on 05/26/2012

I used Michelle Bouzek to plan my wedding in the Riviera Maya.  Michelle and Vacations in Paradise is great!  I chose Michelle because she was the most prompt in getting back to me regarding my destination wedding inquiry.  I had emailed a handful of travel agents about planning a destination wedding and Michelle literally was in contact with me within hours after my initial request.  Other travel agencies I had contacted either didn't email me back at all or emailed me back up to two weeks after my initial inquiry.  Michelle was wonderful in providing me with a bunch of information for different locations for my wedding.  I gave her my price range and she stuck to it and still provided me with resort options and exchanges credit I wasnt even aware of.  I was planning a wedding for myself, my husband and 23 other guest, some of which had never traveled out of the country.  Michelle was amazing at answering questions my guests had regarding travel, what to expect after arriving at the airport and safety of the country and region.  Before the trip, everyone received a great little package with travel documents, luggage tags and a backpack.  After arrival, everything went as planned.  I can honestly say I had a stress free and easy wedding thanks to Michelle.  I would recommend Vacations in Paradise to anyone looking to plan a vacation whether it be for just your family or a large group of people.  Not only are they prompt and friendly but they extremely knowledgeable.  Thank you so much for helping me plan my dream wedding in Mexico!  I could never have done it without you!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Crystal · Married on 06/16/2017

Michelle & her team were perfect. They were so accommodating with changes, questions, & payments. It was a relief to have someone else helping with accommodations since a destination wedding requires a lot more then local ones. We stayed at Moon Palace Cancun and Michelle's expertise came in handy. She set us up with some welcome gifts, wedding binder, personal website, and the ability to contact her at anytime! She even stepped in when certain guests were having their 'moment'. I am so grateful! If you're looking into a destination call Michelle, she will take great care of you.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Michelle was great to work with. We met with her to discuss what we were looking for, and she provided us options and assisted in the type of group package we should put together for our guests to get the best deal. Michelle was very timely in her responses, and all our guests mentioned how easy she was to work with. A lot of our guests used Michelle to book their flights. All in all, a great experience! We recommend Michelle for anyone trying to set up a destination wedding.

Sent on 02/14/2014

Vacations in Paradise made our group booking super easy!

Sent on 10/22/2014