236 Reviews for Rev. Anita J. Gordon

Customized Vows (7)
No Denomination (3)
Civil Union (1)
Agnostic (1)

I think my husband described Rev. Anita’s genuine character best when he said that talking with Rev. Anita felt like you were just catching up with an old friend, even though we just met. There is something about her that makes you know and feel, she is a very special person. She is incredibly personable yet a complete professional and an expert at her art. We are beyond elated with the entire experience from beginning to end with Rev. Anita as our wedding officiant. She writes amazingly beautiful ceremonies and picked out certain things when we met with her and told her our story that made the ceremony totally personal to us and our families. She also understood our love for our pup and our want to have him every bit part of the ceremony that we were and she made that happen! We wanted a non-religious ceremony focused around friendship and she absolutely delivered exactly what we wanted...but even better than we could have imagined. She also made sure we knew she was there for us during the whole process, including wedding day which was so comforting. She even jumped in and helped pin boutonnieres on everyone and made sure the timeline stayed on-track as much as possible! Throughout the ceremony, she discreetly made sure to give my husband and I queues to remember what we should be doing since everything we discussed before the ceremony just went blank in the moment and she also was able to read the audience and do some impromptu things that made it very personable and were so funny, fitting to what was going on and whitty! We just cannot thank and give Rev. Anita enough kudos for the beautiful and fantastic job she did. She is absolutely amazing and we would not change a single thing. We would recommend Rev. Anita to everyone! She makes us want to get married over and over again which, if/when we renew our vows...we know EXACTLY who we are going to ask! She is an absolutely wonderful officiant, a genuinely kind human being and we are lucky to have met her.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 6/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I eloped in Moab, UT and started looking for great officiants, and BOOM, landed on Rev. Anita. My God, am I glad I did. I can't image our ceremony (and my mental state during said elopement) without her.

From our first conversation about booking and planning, to our last about the ceremony itself, I relished her warmth and calm disposition. She is the type of person that makes you sit back and think about what a good person she is (even after just talking on the phone!). Rev. Anita helped us create a ceremony that was truly unique and our own. She was so open to input and feedback and wrote in the things we really wanted (including a prayer from each of our families and two passages we really liked). She never pressured me or hurried me along.

Rev. Anita drove 4 hours to officiate and my husband and I had planned on a time to meet for our ceremony. We got lost (of course) and ended up on a 2 hour detour. Anita remained so calm and composed and helped me relax when we finally made it to our location. What kind of person does that?! She had literally just driven a zillion miles and even after I delayed her trip home, she kept loving on me and making me feel wonderful.

She is such a special person and will really make an imprint on your heart. Trust me when I say that her services are worth every single penny, and so much more.

Rev. Anita- we love you and are so thankful to have met you. You are truly an wonderful, warm spirit and helped make our day so much more than we ever dreamed!

Profile Picture Sarah, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Anita is AMAZING! I am a wedding planner, and I suggest Anita (or her husband) to EVERY client because is a total dreamboat. From beginning to ceremony to end - she sets the bar HIGH for all wedding officiants. She is an amazing public speaker, but it feels just SO genuine. Every one of her couples feels like the most important couple ever - because they ARE. She is also going to be one of your most valuable resources during the planning process-she's totally honest and will give you the best advice. In addition, I just got married and of course, I made her come all the way to California to be my own officiant, because to me - there just is no one else. It was great too, I was able to experience what it's like to be one of her brides! I loved her process and her worksheets. It made the entire experience SO fun for my husband and I. During our ceremony, she told our love story, a version she had created herself just from what we had written in her worksheet and IT WAS SPOT ON. Don't even think about it, book her FIRST. If she isn't available, her husband is also totally fantastic and you should book him. They're both absolute gems.

Photo for Rev. Anita J. Gordon Review - Photo: Angela Howard Photography
Photo for Rev. Anita J. Gordon Review - Photo: Angela Howard Photography
Profile Picture Melissa, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

By definition, your wedding officiant is someone who leads your wedding ceremony, and by law, signs your marriage license signifying that he or she knows of no reason you are not qualified to be married. Now, setting this degree of distinctiveness aside for a moment, kindly allow me to roll up my sleeves with willful certainly, gather my humbled thoughts into a competitive spirit and without hesitation, expel the largest amount of truth on you in a way to which you've never seen! Rev. Anita Gordon, by definition, will deliver a seamless ceremony, but by actuality, will provide you with much more. See, Rev. Anita is infectiously advantageous, which allows her to captivate audiences by showcasing your love for each other in a way in which is purposefully formatted to compliment the personal journey you've embarked on so far. This aptitude is not very easy to come by since this involves a lot of listening, personal investment, patience and guidance through the phone calls, meetings and emails to understand your uniqueness that she then has to internalize, analyze and explain to folks! Finding these qualities in a true professional is few and far between because it demands a prerequisite that they give so much of themselves to you and your partner from the beginning. Look no further, Rev. Anita has conditioned that talent deserved to you. Not only is she incredibly successful at exhibiting your short -or long- love story to you, your family, and friends with grace and genuine affection, she adds a cathartic value to the powerful feeling you're 100% into at the very moment you say I DO. I'm here to tell you, you're jolted into a blissful euphoria not because you're standing there vulnerable, but because you're being led by someone who is serving your love story in a profound and emotional way. Rev. Anita deserves more than 5 Stars and I am forever indebted to the universe for allowing our paths to cross to prepare for one of the most special days of my life.

Photo for Rev. Anita J. Gordon Review - Love is not only something you say. It is something you do.
Profile Picture Stevie, 9/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Amazing, punctual, professional, kind...I cannot say enough good things. She helped with our vows and made it perfect. I only wish I could get married to my husband again so I could hang out with her more!

Profile Picture Summer, 7/26/17, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Non-religious

Anita made it easy to plan a customized, personalized ceremony. She was responsive, engaging, prepared and punctual. We didn't meet in person until the morning of the ceremony but it felt like we'd known her forever. She helped pin corsages and boutonnieres, shared tips for good pictures, welcomed our guests and helped make our ceremony perfect.

Profile Picture User7734845, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination, Civil Union, Non-religious

Anita was great! She was punctual, flexible, and provided us with the ceremony we wanted. She was willing to travel and professional. Her personality was great. Anita also made it easy to create a cermoney that was meaningful to us. Thank you Anita!

Profile Picture Cortney, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Anita's prices may seem a little expensive at first in comparison to other officiants, but it's totally worth it! She made it very easy for us to decide how our ceremony was going to go, and had many unique ideas that we had never seen at weddings in the past. We had always wanted to write our own vows, but were a little nervous to do so. Anita helped us to compose our vows in a way that would allow us to best express our love while keeping the ceremony flowing smoothly. Several guests told us that it was a beautiful ceremony and that they were going to "steal" some of the ideas that Anita recommended. Choose Anita. You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Victoria, 5/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were so pleased with Anita and her services. Anita is professional, punctual, warm, funny, sincere and she exudes a calming demeanor that rubs off on you. That's a good thing when your knees are shaking. Our ceremony was everything we had hoped for and more. I ditto everything all the other reviews say. Make your life easy and just hire Anita. There will be no regrets.

Profile Picture User7437772, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Having Reverend Anita officiate was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding! From the very first sit-down meeting to the time we said our vows, Reverend Anita was flexible, caring, and personal. She answered our many questions promptly and fully and really walked us through the whole ceremony. Her preparation helped ease our nerves.

Right before the wedding, I was so nervous that I could hardly rub two brain cells together to form a coherent sentence. Reverend Anita was very understanding, even helping with some last minute preparation. During the ceremony, she put a bit of humor into our readings and vows, really setting a wonderful tone. We received so many compliments.

I would recommend Reverend Anita to anyone. She made our whole wedding experience wonderful!

Profile Picture Juliane, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Anita was so very helpful on our wedding day. She walked us through the whole process before the wedding started, and made the entire ceremony very smooth! We didn't have to think about anything (what to do with my flowers, when do we need to put the rings on, etc), she took care of all the details. I would recommend Anita to anybody who wants to have a fun and smooth wedding!

Profile Picture Julia, 10/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I can definitely say our ceremony wouldn't have been the same without Anita. She was so friendly and personable and we had a great connection with her. The ceremony was a great mix of sentiment and laughter and everyone enjoyed Anita so much! Anita was so easy to work with and made the whole process of planning how the ceremony would go very easy and was completely flexible on what we wanted to do to make it ours. We wanted to do an Irish handfasting and she was more than happy to incorporate that into our ceremony. She really knows what she's doing and helped both of us calm our nerves at the rehearsal and ceremony. Thank you Anita!

Profile Picture Sasha, 10/6/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Non-religious

Anita was an absolute joy to work with. She's so bubbly and friendly and made us feel so at ease through the whole wedding process. She truly loves what she does and is very good at her job. We contacted her at pretty late notice (about a week and a half before our wedding date), and she totally rolled with it! We met with her a few days after reaching out and she went over everything in detail and answered any questions we had. She also gave us a personalized folder full of everything we would need to know and was really fast at responding to any questions we had over the next few days. She has SO many options, and can make the wedding as religious or non-religious as you'd like! Whatever vision you have in mind, Anita can make it happen.

The day of the wedding, she arrived a little early to talk with everybody involved and make sure everybody knew what was going on, and she did such a good job at calming my wedding jitters! The ceremony went off without a hitch, and it was everything I dreamed it would be. Thanks Anita!

Profile Picture Chantel, 10/5/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, No Denomination, Non-religious, Customized Vows

Anita is so wonderful! She makes everything so easy and fun.

Profile Picture Kellie, 9/30/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

Anita is amazing!! I am so so happy we went with her. She helped make our day so special. She is very accommodating and flexible. She also communicated with us really well and efficiently. She is also open to ideas, she truly wants it a day about the couple. I would recommend her to everyone!! :) Thank you Anita!!

Profile Picture User6346358, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Anita is an amazing officiant! She made the whole process of planning our ceremony fun and easy, and she had great advice for us. In the end we had a beautifully written ceremony that was very meaningful to us but also the message resonated with our guests. I received so many compliments from our guests about the ceremony and Anita. She is such a professional--when she came to see me before the ceremony I was a bundle of nerves. She came in and reviewed how everything would go from start to finish--her whole presence was calming. I really can't say enough great things about Anita! One of the best decisions of our wedding day was meeting and choosing her!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Anita is the BEST!! I couldn't have asked for a better minister. She was recommended to us and I am so glad and honored to have had her share our special moment. She made the ceremony so personal and we really appreciate that! Very flexible and accommodating. WE loved her :)

Profile Picture Amber , 9/10/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows

We absolutely loved Anita! Everything was so easy and the options she gave us were endless and very organized! She makes sure to get every detail and lets you pick out anything and everything! We were pretty clueless on what we wanted her to say, but once we met with her and saw her packet we knew it was going to be the easiest part of the wedding! She kept in touch and made sure we were prepared with every aspect of our wedding!
Thanks Anita!

Profile Picture Thomas, 9/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Anita was very accommodating, friendly, and professional. She was supportive and really made our wedding perfect!

Profile Picture User7606443, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Anita is simply the best. Such a warm and inviting personality. We instantly connected and I knew that she would be the one to officiate our wedding right from the start. She has a strong presence in front of a crowd, can handle sensitive moments with ease, and makes everyone feel like family. I highly recommend working with Anita for your big day!

Profile Picture Jen, 7/23/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Non-religious

Anita is a wonderful, caring person and we were truly lucky to have her as our officiant. She made planning our ceremony so easy and it was totally personalized, which we loved. Our day was so perfect and special, and Anita played a large role. We will never forget her and so appreciate her being there.

Profile Picture Julia, 2/27/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows

You honestly cannot do better than Anita. She is such a sweet, organized, funny, and caring officiant. Everything went so smoothly and she made it so easy to get our ceremony put together just the way we imagined. On the day of the wedding she was even running around helping us to put bouts and corsages on the family members! I could go on and on about how great she is! Anita is so wonderful and has a true passion in what she does; we are so incredibly grateful we had her officiate our wedding.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Anita was nothing short of amazing. From first contact up to the ceremony she was kind, responsive, and most of all so excited and enthusiastic to be part of our wedding. She provided many choices to make our ceremony our own, and made our ceremony memorable not only for us but all of our guests. She truly has an amazing presence, and is passionate about what she does. My husband and I will never forget her, and are so blessed that she was the one to marry us!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/26/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Although my wedding is months away, already Anita has made our wedding feel incredibly special. We met her at a catering tasting and instantly wanted her to be our officiant. She is bold and bright and will give our wedding her special touch. Her accent is beautiful and her professionalism really shines every time we meet with her. I know our ceremony will be unique and beautiful and a lot of that will be thanks to Anita!

Profile Picture Cami, 9/25/15, 4 Reviews