US Capitol Elopements Reviews

125 | Washington, DC

125 Reviews for US Capitol Elopements

Amanda · Married on 06/20/2009

Rev. Joyner-Burns is very professional. She provides you with very helpful wedding information. She was on time to the wedding and rehersal. Just an excellent person to work with over all.

Sent on 10/02/2009

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Amanda, thank you for that nice review. Your critique of my services is well received. Many blessings

Contestia · Married on 05/30/2009

Wonderful would be the start of what Rev. Burns provided to us. She was kind in many ways most of all understanding and caring. My spouse and I would recommend her to any one that wants a wonderful person as well as an Offiant.

Sent on 10/01/2009

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Connie & Jasmine, thank you for your review. Keep in touch.
  • O

Roxie · Married on 02/08/2009

Lovely service. Provided in a very caring manner.

Sent on 10/01/2009

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you for your post "on the move." Your review is very appreciated.

Keisha · Married on 11/08/2008

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Reverend Burns. She is EXCEPTIONAL!!! She took the time to meet with us weeks in advance of our ceremony to customize a ceremony fit for us. She was very instrumental in providing us with ideas on implementing certain traditions into our ceremony (family hug, tasting of the elements). She was timely in showing up for our rehearsal -- not to mention she provided great direction during the rehearsal. On the day of our ceremony, everything went according to plan -- with many thanks to Reverend Burns.

Sent on 09/01/2009

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

I might be late saying thank you from this forum, but I am realizing how important it is to personally thank everyone who reviewed me. Thank you for sharing your experience with me and others.

Diamond · Married on 11/01/2008

Reverend Burns was a blessing. After all the planning and the realization of the wedding day expense; we decided not to follow through with our original plans. So my husband and I opted for a private wedding at a cute little lake in Bowie, Maryland.

We saved a lot of money doing this, and it still turned out to be my dream wedding with the help of Rev. Burns. She allowed us to bring in the essential elements of our lives that made our wedding unique and beautiful. Even though only our parents, best man, matron of honor, and baby girl (flower girl) were there (photographer and videographer); we still had a day that we will always cherish.

Our family and friends were able to enjoy the video and pictures at the reception. The reception was held at our house in Mitchellville, MD. And it was catered by family and very close friends (very cost effective); who did a beautiful job, because the food was great. The music was provided by all those who love us, because there was more than one ipod ready for the dock (jazz, hip hop, and oldies).

We are glad we went this route with our wedding. And Rev. Burns is the greatest.

Sent on 11/11/2008

Tracy · Married on 10/18/2008

Dave and I LOVED Rev. Burns, she is outstanding. Rev. Burns is sensitive and open, our ceremony was customized to reflect Dave and I. She talked me through some very emotional issues and calmed me. Several words to describe Rev. Burns are on time, organized, great communication, great listener and advisor, flexiable. Several wedding guest raved about how much they enjoyed her performing our ceremony. I would highly recommend Rev. Burns. :)

Sent on 09/02/2009

Tiffany · Married on 10/04/2008

Rev. Burns was fantastic, and we are happy that we selected her. Many of our relatives who are ministers spoke well of her; and how well she performed our ceremony.

Their compliments made us feel even better about choosing her, especially since we had to find someone outside of our families. Her guidance from beginning to end helped to enrich our special day. And she made it easy for us to bring our ideas to her and talk with her.

She is very professional and cool.

Tiffany and Malik

Sent on 10/13/2008
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 08/30/2008

My husband and I enjoyed working with Reverend Burns, who counseled and married us. She was very direct with us, and made sure that we understood what we were committing to. She had the process of a complete ceremony from beginning to end, and I was very impressed with that. It took a lot of time & commitment to put all that together.... and I knew that she was the one. She rehearsed with us and made sure that all of us were during our part, and even showed us how to do it. During the ceremony she assisted my event planner, and made sure that everything was in place. She made us very happy. I was so please to know that she had our backs.

Sent on 10/04/2009

Alkia · Married on 05/10/2008

Rev. Burns is wonderful. She really fit in and became a part of the family while planning our wedding. She is very easy to work with and responsive to email and phone calls.

Sent on 09/25/2008

Danielle · Married on 05/19/2007

Rev. Burns created a specialized ceremony just for us based on our initial meeting. I loved the personal vows she used for us and she was very easy to talk to as well.

Sent on 06/09/2008

Robin · Married on 04/07/2007

Reverend Burns provided us with a lot of choices to plan our wedding ceremony. We ended up with a unique and very personal ceremony that was thoroughly enjoyed by our guests. Kacey and I received extremely positive feedback about our ceremony.

Sent on 09/27/2009

Shante · Married on 10/14/2006

Mrs. Joyner was WONDERFUL! What can I say?? She helped keep me calm and was a true blessing, I was more than grateful for the unique ceremony that I had.

Sent on 10/01/2008

Rebecca · Married on 09/10/2005

I think she is great.. She did everything we asked for and even did some of her own touches and they went great with what we had..

Sent on 09/01/2009

Same Sex Wedding friendly! She made everything easy and was extremely helpful with processes and info. A little pushy to get paperwork signed right away, but all and all fantastic! Thank you Rev. Burns

Sent on 06/20/2013

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of my services. And I regret hearing that I appeared pushy to get the paperwork sign. That tells me that you got married at the church. The signing of the marriage license is never a problem, and I don't need the couple for that. But the church requires all marriages to be recorded in their book and witnessed. That means the couple and two witnesses (if they have them) have to sign the churches registry. This is normally done right after the ceremony, then the couple takes off for pictures. From this point forward, I will ask all couples (in advance) to allocate 5 minutes for paperwork signing right after their ceremony.

Lorena · Married on 07/04/2012

We were very satisfied with the services!

Sent on 07/11/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you. I'm glad you left DC full of joy.

Michele · Married on 10/16/2009

Reverend Burns was very thoughtful and professional. I highly recommend her services to any couple looking for a classy service of any nature.

Sent on 11/02/2009
  • Q

Helen · Married on 07/25/2009

Rev Burns was excellent. She really cared about what we wanted and made it happen. She is very straight to the point and no nonsense and warm, loving and caring at the same time. it has been almost two years since my wedding and Rev Burns has checked on me from time to time. I would recommend her service for sure!

Sent on 03/29/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Queen Kalia, it's been a long time. And I really appreciate you taking time now to share your experience with me. This review came just when I needed a symbolic hug. Good looking out.
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 05/22/2009

We has a GREAT Wedding! One that we will never forget!

Sent on 10/02/2009
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 10/11/2014

Rev. Burns was a pleasure to work with. She crafted a ceremony for us that truly spoke to our specific needs as a couple starting our journey together. During our initial meeting we knew she would be the one to officiate our wedding. She was warm, funny, and as real as they come. There was definitely a connection. When we received the 1st draft of our ceremony, I was impressed with how the words she chose reflected who we were as a couple. We had a few changes, but Rev. Burns was very flexible in editing it until we got it right. We wanted our ceremony to speak to our real life needs and what we would endure as husband/wife. She nailed it! Normally, when you hear people talk of a wedding they spend a lot of time reflecting on the reception, all of our feedback was on the ceremony and how well it was articulated and designed. (We had fun at the reception too; but the ceremony was the highlight of the day) Thanks Rev. Burns; it was truly a pleasure.

Sent on 10/25/2014

M · Married on 05/08/2010

It was a pleasure working with Reverend Burns. Her professionalism, knowledge and experience made us feel at ease. Out of the dozens of details we had to worry about on our wedding day, worrying about the officiant and how the service would go was certainly not one of them! I would highly and unreservedly recommend her services.

Sent on 06/06/2010

Nkechi · Married on 08/21/2009

Rev. Burns was very professional and made our wedding ceremony beautiful. She listened as I described our personalities and what we wanted for our ceremony, and by our first meeting she had the whole ceremony mapped out perfectly. All we did was add a few personal details and it was good to go. Rev. Burns is easy to talked to and was a great listener. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone in the VA/DC/MD area.

Sent on 12/17/2009

Liam · Married on 04/16/2012

The Rev. Starlene Joyner Burns was very helpful with suggestions on planning our small (just she and us) ceremony across from the D.C. Courthouse. The vows were short and sweet, and there was the added, and unexpected, bonus of some great photos she took. She was very pleasant, punctual and in good communication with us before and after the ceremony. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/04/2012
  • Chelle

Chelle · Married on 08/19/2017

3.5

Rev burns was a preferred vendor for Newton White and also highly reccomended by a schoolmate of mine. Initially I wasnt interested in having a minister that I didnt know but after numerous schedule conflicts, distance and a few crazies I decided I better consider it with four month to go. Im really glad I did, working with Rev. Burn was a breeze and comfortable experience. I like that she was personable and real. She also had a sense of humor that reminded me of some of the elders in my family lol .
    What I really loved about her was that she pretty much allows you to piece your ceremony together yourself with her guidance and book samples. Making your ceremony as personal as possible. Alot of ministers dont do that so it was really comforting to know exactly what was going to be said and when. I also added a few things that were important to us, like a moment of silence for our grandparents.
    The only thing i would say negative is that she isnt always quick to respond but she does, just always double confirm any changes, meeting times and such with her. She overall was pretty much on point for us and I would definately recommend her! No hassle, restrictions, discrimation or stipulations just assistance in making your day as personal as possible!

Sent on 09/09/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

I love this review. It's honest, warm, and guiding. I think I have all my electronics in sync now. And from now on, I will watch myself in getting a response out quicker. Thank you so much for taking the time out to write this review.

Tuleda Poole El Kbabty · Married on 01/11/2019

4.2

Rev. Burns made it happen!

Who knew that it was possible to find someone to officiate your wedding online? I had no idea, and was really leary at first, but once I started consulting with Rev. Burns, I became more comfortable with the idea. She has had so much experience officiating and knew all the right questions to ask, and was never judgemental about any of our choices. Our ceremony took place in our home, and was small and intimate, and she performed it in a way that made it feel very special for us. If I could have changed anything, I would say that perhaps coming into our home a little earlier, and spending a little time prior to the ceremony and getting to know us in person would have been nice. We had no problems whatsoever with the official documents that DC required, and that was a relief that the business part of the process was done perfectly as well. Thank you, Rev. Burns, for your professionalism, your expertise, and your kindness.

Sent on 03/02/2020

Deidre · Married on 07/10/2010

3.5
      3.0

She was pretty organized and pretty responsive to emails. For example, she provided us with a booklet that helped us a great deal when it came to organizing the ceremony.
    I thought she was a little abrupt at times during our rehearsal (e.g. when folks asked questions) so my wedding party was somewhat taken back and thought she could have been more patient. But overrall, she did a really good job at the ceremony.

Sent on 08/11/2010

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Deidre, thanks for your review. However, considering the amount of time that your venue had given you for a rehearsal (30 minutes), and their staff having the responsibility for coordinating it; I only stepped in at the request of your spouse to get things running smoothly. Therefore, we had to move quickly because of time constraints. I know how important a rehearsal is; and I know how much time is needed for one to be properly executed. So to quell all concerns and for everyone to feel comfortable with what they would be doing on your big day, I took your rehearsal outside (to the parking lot) where we continued to practice. And I don’t recall anyone’s questions or concerns (directed at me) not being addressed. However, I did direct some of their questions to you. Lastly, I asked you and your spouse how you felt about the rehearsal before leaving. Since no concerns were expressed, I thought we all parted on a good note. I will address this issue with all my couples in the future, to communicate with me, when we are in the moment.