US Capitol Elopements Reviews

125 | Washington, DC

125 Reviews for US Capitol Elopements

Johnny · Married on 09/16/2012

We were very pleased with Rev. Starlene Burns' services, as the Officiant for our wedding. She demonstrated a high level of professionalism and went beyond the call of duty to help us prepare for our wedding ceremony. Her knowledge and vast amount of experience made for a perfect wedding ceremony!

Sent on 09/19/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Dr. Braddy, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It means so much to me. Working with you, was like working with someone I had known all my life. You have a host of wonderful people in your life. Many blessings to you and your new wife.

Danny · Married on 09/14/2012

Reverend Burns was awesome! She provided a moving and meaningful ceremony for my partner and me! Since we are from NC, She also served as our license agent, which made our day stress free. Everything was an absolutely wonderful experience. I would highly recommend her services!!!
    Danny and Roger

Sent on 09/23/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Danny & Roger, thank you so much for leaving this review. I enjoyed every moment working with you. What brings me the greatest satisfaction, is couples leaving DC happy.

Kelvin & Linda · Married on 07/07/2012

We could not have made a better choice then Rev. Burns. From the beginning of our first consultation till the day of our wedding. Rev. Burns was always there to answer questions, was on time with anything we ask. In Short, PROFESSIONAL all the way and felt more like a friend. THANK YOU REV. BURNS

Sent on 07/20/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you for navigating your way through techland and leaving this wonderful review. I hope you know, that I appreciate it very much. Blessings

Katherine · Married on 07/04/2012

Rev. Burns was very informative. She made everything easy.

Sent on 07/05/2012

Thank you Katerine.

Janet · Married on 07/02/2012

We decided to have a last minute civil ceremony at our condo in DC after finding out that my father's health was rapidly worsening. We found Reverend Burns online and sent her an email inquiring if she could file our paperwork, bring it to our home and officiate a small civil ceremony. She quickly responded and within 24 hours (beginning on the Sunday of the Thanksgiving weekend) we had received an emailed response, spoke to her on the phone, and completed all the necessary paperwork.

Reverend Burns is kind and thoughtful. She even suggested that my father walk me down the "aisle", which was the entrance to our roof deck. She kept us up to date with emails and she was prompt the day of the ceremony. However, that is not what made her fabulous; my fiance told her our engagement story and she incorporated the tearing of a paper towel as part of the ceremony at the very last minute. It brought me to tears and the entire ceremony was perfect!

She also created a lovely program and had everything prepared in a folder for us to review. She really thought of everything, including the forms and envelopes to get certified copies of the wedding certificate. I strongly recommend her services. She will not disappoint and will probably pleasantly surprise you!

Sent on 01/02/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Janet thank you for this review. Paper towel ritual, that was different, and I still smiling :)
  • User2521992 · 2+ years ago

Rev. Burns. Thank you so much for being there for us. The ceremony was more than what we've expected. You made it very personal, especially when you incorporated the meaning of our last name at the end. That was a very nice and special touch and meant a lot for us.. we really appreciated everything you've done to make our day such a special and memorable day..
    Thank you Thank you Thank you..God bless

Sent on 07/10/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you for this wonderful review.

Maya · Married on 06/22/2012

The Officiant Rev. Burns was wonderful.

Sent on 07/13/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Yea! I appreciate knowing that. And thanks a million for the review.

Reverend Burns did bless us with a very thoughtful and emotional speech and as a person she did complement our special day with her warmth and personality. We are very happy that she did marry us and will always remember Reverend Burns. We were on very short notice and she was very flexible and supportive too.

Sent on 07/11/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you. You made my day.

Delicious · Married on 05/11/2012

Rev. Burns was great and made us feel as if we had known her all our lives. She took time to get to know us, which made our wedding personal and not routine. Will continue to tell people about her and her business. We are very pleased with the job she provided. Thanks Rev Burns for making our day a day we will always remember.

Sent on 07/12/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

I will never forget you two. And yes, I felt like I had known you and your wife all my life. You ladies are pretty down to earth. And so am I. Thanks for the heartfelt review.

Renee · Married on 01/20/2012

The ceremony was beautiful and well planned. We decided to elope and Reverend Jones made us feel like family when we had none with us. After the ceremony she gave us a beautiful wedding packet with our personalized ceremony and all of our papers. She is a very special woman andI would highly recommend her to anyone needed her services.

Sent on 04/01/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you for taking the time and writing this review. I know I'm a little late replying, but I sincerely appreciate your kind words.

Janet · Married on 12/11/2011

Sent on 01/02/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you so much. Your review and kind words are very touching. And you had a beautiful first wedding. Having your father walk you down the aisle was joy to my heart because it meant so much to you. I hope he gets to do that again at your big event. The paper towel ritual was a first. And Jay is a true blessing. I wish you both lots of happiness and success.

Pattie · Married on 11/18/2011

We had been engaged quite a while, but rather last minute (in Oct) to get married in DC on our anniversary in Nov 2011. While we did not love the thought of getting married at the courthouse, we thought that was the best option at the last minute. Then I found the Reverend online, we were so excited. She worked with us - at the very last minute (3 or 4 days before) - to create a beautiful ceremony outside of the Jefferson Memorial. She is very flexible in offering skype for first meetings with her, traveling to different sites in DC to officiate, and filing the paperwork for us. But the lasting memory are the lovely vows she drafted based on her first meeting with us. Rev. Burns made our day very special!!!

Sent on 01/25/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Pattie, that's why I love my job. I enjoy making couples feel special and happy. And I thank your for this wonderful review.

Samone · Married on 10/28/2011

We have already recommended Reverend Burns to several of our friends. She was very helpful in getting our license without us being there and made the process very easy and painless. The ceremony she provided was very memorable, she also recommended the location which was beautiful.

Sent on 11/01/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for recommending me to your friends. That means a lot. I'm so excited. I can't wait to meet them.

Elisha · Married on 10/09/2011

Rev. Burns is an absolute professional with a witty sense of humor and an amazing ceremony delivery style. Her ability to perform a simple, sophisticated ceremony that wasn't the typical canned presentation was sincerely appreciated not only by the bride & groom but our guests as well. Thank you for adding to the joyful spirit of our event with your presence and your amazing talent. And thank you for giving us a lasting memory of your kindness and generosity. Sincerely, Elisha & Ka-el

Sent on 10/20/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

I am elated. Having a professional wedding planner with style, creativity, sophistication, and whose last name is now “Jordan” to review me; has swollen my head so large that I’m floating on Cloud 9. Thank a million for you heartfelt recommendation.
  • nicole

nicole · Married on 10/08/2011

Rev. Burns was EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!!!!! We found her only weeks before our wedding, however we felt like we had known her for such a long time. Her professionalism, flexibility, and creativity during our last few weeks of planning put us at ease. Rev. Burns exudes confidence and a great sense of humor, and added a wonderful touch of class to our ceremony. We wholeheartedly recommend her!!!!!

Dellin and Nicole Smith, 10/8/2011
    Renaissance Mayflower Hotel

Sent on 10/18/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Wow Nicole! You blew me away with this review. If you were here, I would hug you s.o.o.o.o hard, you would repeat, "Rev., you can let go now! Really Rev! Rev!, you can let g..o..o..o now." Thank you so much for these special words. Trust me, your review means a lot.

Katrina · Married on 10/01/2011

Our planner at DIYva Designs recommend Reverend Starlene Joyner Burns to us. We waited so late in the game finding an officiant since our ceremony was not going to be at church and were sooooo relieved when she was available to perform our wedding ceremony for us. We met with her about 1 month prior to our wedding where we got to know each other and she went over her services and what she was able to provide. We were given the opportunity to customize our ceremony and see examples of others that she does. She was very nice to work with and was also very understanding when we experienced a delay at our rehearsal.

She is very easy to talk to, answered any questions we had and was prompt with returning calls/emails which is also very important.

Sent on 11/09/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you so much for that review. I enjoyed my time working with you, your planner, and your family. And I must add; you were looking fabulous. I can't wait to see your photo gallery.

Joseph · Married on 09/23/2011

Rev. Starlene Joyner Burns was very professional and at the same time she was loving and sincere! She made our ceremony exactly what we wanted it to be! She was highly recommended to us and we highly recommend her to anyone planning to get married in the DC area!

Joseph & David

Sent on 10/08/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

I will never forget my time spent with you, your spouse, family and friends. It was your day, but you made my Birthday special too. Thank you so very much for bringing my 55 bday in with song. You guys are great.

Andy · Married on 09/19/2011

My husband and I selected Rev Burns to perform our marriage ceremony after talking to a few others. The most important thing to us was that we and our family and friends were comfortable with her. Within minutes of meeting, she expressed her belief in equality for gay and lesbian people and her frustration with other religious leaders who oppose equality. I enjoyed using her guidebook to write our ceremony, although she will do it for you if you don't want to. I think the revisions she made to my version were helpful. Rev Burns was gracious to our families and friends and several people remarked that they enjoyed talking to her at the rehearsal, reheasal dinner, and reception. The ceremony went off perfectly. I would certainly recommend Rev Burns for a wedding whether gay or straight.

Sent on 10/07/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Wow! is the word that comes to mind. Your wedding was the bomb (that's what the kids say). Thank you for allowing me to be part of your family and friends for a day (well two days). I felt very comfortable with everyone. And I can't wait to open that bottle of wine on Christmas day.

Jua · Married on 09/08/2011

Rev. Burns was great! she was professional and offered some insight and great advice to us about the journey on which we were about to embark.

She paid close attention to us and took the time to get to know us and find out what was truly important to us, and was sure to include that in the ceremony.

Rev. Burns delivered a wonderful service and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/10/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

J.., thank you for those kind words. Spending time with you and your wife was time well spent. You two are a joy to be around. And I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to serve as your minister. Just know that my door is always opened.
  • W

Craig · Married on 08/27/2011

I just want to say a few honest and kind words about our experience with Chapel of Love Ceremonies and the respected and most honorable Starlene Joyner Burns, MSS. We arrived from Miami to Washington DC after a earthquake and in the midst of a hurricane this past August 25th. We, my partner and myself were a nervous wreck if you can imagine but went on a vibe all would be fine. Well, it was more than fine, it was spectacular. The storm just brushed by us at our hotel and she was encouraging through the entire process. She was on time, kind and encouraging about doubts, cold feet, vow's and positive advice in making this marriage a most wonderful and long lasting one at that. My partner was an hour late right after the photographer who was just as late due to the storm and she was so patient and calming to me. She spent time sharing advice and listening to me discussing hopes, concerns and desires from Gay Marriage to Acceptance and family turbulence shall I say. She was wonderful! The ceremony went so smooth and her words and vows bestowed upon us were priceless. She further gave us for keep sake a nice folder with all our documents, licenses and vows exchanged etc. A true memorable keep sake and I just want to say on behalf of my partner and I - we thank you so much. We hope many more lucky couples out there get the chance to experience the true blessings and spiritual nature of the most honorable Minister - Starlene Joyner Burns, MSS.
    To her I say thank you for your time, patience and true caring nature you bestowed upon Gary and I on August 27, 2011. God bless and much success and many more opportunities to those wishing to elope. Best regards with love, Craig

Sent on 10/26/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

This review brought tears to my eyes. It is so heartfelt, vivid, and well-written. Saying thanks to you can’t even touch the gratitude I feel. I feel truly blessed. Thanks for being an angel of truth, love, caring, and giving. Weathering the storm to officiate your marriage to (aka) Dominick only shows how we are truly guided and protected by a Divine presence (God and angels).

Connie · Married on 08/26/2011

Rev. Burns is the best in Washington dc area. She's flexible she's understanding, she's very professional in every way, We recommend her to everyone we know.

Sent on 09/25/2012

Keya · Married on 08/14/2011

She is very professional, punctual, and made sure our wedding ran smooth! Definately referrable!

Sent on 09/12/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Keya, thank you for your kind words. Many Blessings in your marriage, Rev. Burns

Bill · Married on 07/09/2011

Honestly, you made our wedding day perfect!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you. You made my day perfect as well.
  • valencia

valencia · Married on 06/04/2011

Very Very sweet and beautiful person that does everthing with excellent taste.

Sent on 06/07/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you. You have excellent taste also. Beautiful venue, great food, lovely attire, and I felt blessed to preside over your ceremony. Keep in touch.

Michelle · Married on 05/21/2011

From the moment I meet Rev. Starlene Joyner Burns, I thought she was wonderful. I loved her energy, coolness and a sort of jazziness about her. She was perfect for my non-traditional wedding. I loved that she was flexible and understood my vision of what my wedding day should be. She showed up on time. The family enjoyed her. Loved the way she presented the ceremony for my small cocktail wedding ( we only had about 12 guest and out of those 12 guest four were kids). I really think I was blessed with the perfect wedding. I was worried about find the right officiant to fit into my non traditional wedding. But after meeting her in one meeting. I told my husband that she was the one. She has a great sense of humor. she's laid back. very nice and put me to ease. She's got a zen quality about her. Trust me on your wedding day you will want as many chilled people around you as possible. Cause you will be a little stressed. So whether you want a traditional wedding or non-traditional like I had. I would highly recommend Rev. Starlene Joyner Burns.

Peter and Michelle Graves, Married May 21, 2011 in Alexandria, Virginia!

Sent on 09/12/2011

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Michelle, when I read your review and reflected on your wedding day and our meeting, I am glad that I got an opportunity to work with you and your spouse. You truly had a beautiful wedding. You made sure of it. And I am glad that I helped you to stay in the zone of peace. Blessings to you and your husband