US Capitol Elopements Reviews

125 | Washington, DC

125 Reviews for US Capitol Elopements

Mihan · Married on 04/01/2017

Reverend Burns was wonderful. She met with me and my fiance twice before the wedding via Skype, talked us through options for the ceremony and gave us very good advice, and then was particularly helpful during the rehearsal (which was particularly crazy since it involved a large puppy ringbearer) with her warm, calm manner. So glad we found her!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Estefania · Married on 12/17/2016

I am so glad I found Rev. Starlene Burns!!!! She married us in December 17, 2016.
    She made my dream wedding come true, it was one of my memorable and best days of my life. I was browsing the internet looking for someone to marry us and venues and I found Starlene Burns webpage, I loved everthing I was reading, all what she was offering and reading and looking at her page gave me feel good vibes, secured to finally have found her for my wedding.
    Rev. Starlene Burns is very nice, professional, chill, cool and caring person.
    All my family and guests loved her, me and my husband loved her too, she is amazing and wonderful, helped us in everything, answered us fast and always made us feel happy and secured. Rev. Starlene Burns has a kind heart, she is a good person, and I wish her all the good luck. We highly recommend her, it was a great experience having you in our wedding. Thank you very much for everything Rev. Starlene Burns!!

Sent on 05/10/2017

tia · Married on 08/05/2016

I am so glad we decided to go with Rev. Burns for our ceremony (8/5/16). We contacted Rev. Burns and explained that we would like to move forward with her based on telephone conversations and great reviews. Rev. Burns sent us a useful questionnaire inquiring about our love story, individual preferences, and specific wedding details. Starlene provided a helpful link to her website, which answered many of our questions. It also set the expectations for the days leading up to and wedding day.

Let’s fast forward to wedding day on 8/5/16. My bride was getting dressed in the bridal suite when I entered the venue. Rev. Burns greeted me with a warm welcome and hug. This set the tone for the evening. I explained that I had no idea what to do and how everything should go due to my nervousness. She kindly told me step-by- step what should take place and reassured me that everything would be fine. Although Rev. Burns had emailed a copy of the ceremony draft- that draft did NO JUSTICE to how she spoke to our AND our guest’s hearts. Not just the words, but also the tone(s) she used. She spoke with so much passion. Our ceremony was truly amazing and we cannot thank Rev. Burns enough. Our guests are still saying how wonderful Rev. Burns was and they want her at their wedding. Starlene held the key to make our fairytale a reality. If you are looking for a compassionate,

Sent on 08/09/2016

Kenneth · Married on 07/23/2016

She is phenomenal she will make you feel so comfortable before during and after!!! She is such an amazing woman and we couldn't have picked a better officiant!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Roselliny · Married on 06/11/2016

Rev. Burns was an absolute joy to have as our wedding officiant! She was kind, friendly, and flexible throughout our planning process and wedding. All our meetings were great; she is so personable and really tries to get to know the two of you as a couple. She guided us through our ceremony script and custom tailored it to what made us comfortable. She was also easy to reach, whether it was by phone, email, or Skype, and went with the flow on our wedding day. She is an amazing speaker and I couldn't have asked for a better ceremony! Simply by talking to her in one conversation you would know that she is highly experienced and completely professional -- I would highly recommend her to all brides and grooms.

Sent on 06/23/2016

Katie · Married on 05/21/2016

Rev. Burns was amazing. She took the time to get to know my husband and I, and I feel like she really nailed it with the ceremony. It fit perfectly with what we were looking for, and she definitely went above and beyond. We felt so comfortable working with us, and was very patient with us through the entire planning process. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Charnita · Married on 05/14/2016

We had a wonderful experience with Rev. Burns. Not only did she respond to our email immediately but she was able to meet with us the same day. When my husband and I met her, we knew we were going to have a great experience. She was very warm and personable and we could tell that she was going to capture 'us' during our ceremony. She was very accommodating to our needs and gave wonderful advice for our ceremony. With our wedding being a few weeks away, we were on a tight schedule and Rev. Burns was efficient and timely. She lit up our ceremony and all of our guests commented on how great she was. If you want an unforgettable experience you should definitely have Rev. Burns as your officiant!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Diamon · Married on 04/09/2016

Rev Barnes most definitely showed us all the love in the world. Not only did she make us feel like valued customers but she made us feel like family as well. I felt as if she took us under her wing of marital expertise, taught that every wedding has a special meaning and not every wedding is meant to be the same. We had a lot of fun during our Skype counseling sessions and were very honored that she was willing to travel for our big day. Anybody in need of an officiant for they special day REV BARNES is most definitely the person to call.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Rev. Burns is a wonderful officiant! She is very detailed and flexible. She is also very pleasant to work with. We told her the type of ceremony we were looking to have and she definitely catered to our needs. We had quite the snafu on our wedding day and Rev. Burns' creativity saved the day. We had a beautiful and memorable ceremony thanks to Rev. Burns. I highly recommend Rev. Burns for your officiating needs! ~S&A - March 2016

Sent on 04/05/2016

R · Married on 01/08/2016

My now-husband and I are glad that we decided to go with Rev. Burns. She was prompt in her responses to our questions. She also made us feel comfortable before, during, and after our intimate ceremony. Thank you so much! -Johnny and Roderick

Sent on 01/19/2016

John · Married on 09/12/2015

Reverend Burns' thoughtfulness and caring made our special day one that we will always remember.

Sent on 10/01/2015

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thanks for this nice review. I enjoyed spending time with you and your friends.

Lynette · Married on 02/07/2015

Rev. Burns helped to make our special day so much more beautiful by celebrating the spiritual aspect of our love. The words she spoke during the ceremony were well thought out, considerate of our religious affiliations and sensitive to those of our all our guests. We really appreciate her responsiveness and professionalism as well.

Sent on 02/22/2015

Rev. Starlene Joyner Burns is the consummate professional and we are very grateful that she joined us in marriage December 2014. Rev. Burns expertly led us through the entire process. She is respectful of others, totally non-judgmental and does not impose her views on you. It was so evident she cares about what she does in all of our interactions. Rev. Burns is very respectful, accommodating, and understanding of couples' needs. She helped guide us to having a beautiful, intimate ceremony expressing who we are through our vows. As this was a destination wedding, she expertly took care of all the license logistics for us. It was an honor to have this delightful woman as our officiant.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Rev. Burns is the consummate professional and we are very grateful that she joined us together in marriage in late August 2014. She is very well-organized, friendly, and has excellent people skills. Rev. Burns gives invaluable insights into the entire process not only on the logistical and fiscal levels, but also on a spiritual one as well. She is respectful of divergent views and opinions, does not impose her views on others, and is totally non-judgmental. It is very evident in her earnestness that she cares about what she does and is honored to be present on your special day and in the that role she plays in it. She was available for calls when we needed it most; both before, during, and after the wedding ceremony. She was more than on-time and prepared for our ceremony, and many of our guests commented on how much they loved her personality and enjoyed the way she facilitated the ceremony. Rev. Burns is very respectful, accommodating, and understanding of couples' needs. Her presence and energy is a beautiful one, and made our wedding ceremony very intimate, unique, and special. She wants to ensure that her couples are satisfied with all aspects of the services she provides and offers customized wedding officiant services, as well as, pre-marital and post-marital spiritual guidance services that we have greatly benefited from. She truly believes that her job is not over once the ceremony ends, and couples are free to contact her after should they feel the need to do so. Rev. Burns stands by her commitments as officiant of our union, and we stand by our recommendation of her as an outstanding wedding officiant for future couples.

Mr. & Mrs. A. G., 24 August 2014

Sent on 09/14/2014

Stephanie · Married on 06/28/2014

Reverend Burns was wonderful and flexible. Her words at my ceremony were memorable. She gave me choices about the type of ceremony as well as the input on any wording she would use. She took our love story and turned it into our vows. I made a last minute addition to the vows about two weeks before and she accommodated my change. I would highly recommend her to anyone getting married. She really made my wedding day special.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Patrick · Married on 06/11/2014

Rev. Starlene Joyner Burns was absolutely wonderful officiating our wedding! My Partner and I have been together for 26 years and finally were able to get married thanks to the supreme court and Edie Windsor. Rev. Burns was exactly who we wanted to officiate our wedding. I would not hesitate to engage her services again for anything. Thank You Rev. Burns for helping to make our Wedding Day Most Special.

Patrick D & Dale E

Sent on 07/09/2014

David · Married on 04/25/2014

Rev. Burns married my partner and me on April 25, 2014 at the Lincoln Memorial. Since we were traveling from Atlanta, we started making plans in November 2013.

I reviewed several Wedding Officiates in the Washington DC area. I gave my partner a preferred sorted listing of Wedding Officiates to review. We do this as a practice to compare our research independently it helped us narrow to begin our calls on securing the most important date of our lives. I ask my partner who was his preferred selection, he picked Rev Burns. I also had picked Rev Burns as well because I felt a connection from her photos in the advertisement. God provides you the right resources, when need it.

Rev. Burns provided all information promptly mailed us a contract so we can provide the deposit to lock in the date. The ceremony was personal and designed for us. Rev. Burns gave us a folder that included our ceremonial vowels and the prayer of blessing for our marriage.
    When we meet with Rev Burns it was feeling like a reunion of best friends. To my surprise the week prior Rev. Burns married two of my friends from Birmingham.

We can’t express enough our humble heartfelt gratitude for Rev. Burns. She is divinely gifted, professional, and takes the time to understand your needs.

I encourage you to please consider Rev. Burns for your special day. Thank you Rev. Burns for sealing our day with your blessings, love and inspiration. We will take this special day in our hearts forever.

Sent on 08/21/2014

Allen · Married on 09/13/2013

Rev. Burns was exceptional. We're from Louisiana and contacted her via email. She took care of everything. All we had to do was show up. Not only would I recommend her to a friend, I already have.

Allen & Martin

Sent on 09/20/2013

David · Married on 08/12/2013

We planned our wedding with Starlene and she was fantastic. We even had a joint ceremony with some friends and we couldn't have asked for a better time. She was extremely thorough in all the details, was on time and prompt and am in the process of recommending her to some friends. Thank you Starlene!

Sent on 09/06/2013
  • Masresha

Masresha · Married on 07/13/2013

I found Reverend Burns here on Wedding Wire because of her stellar reviews. She is an absolute professional and like others have said she is witty and carries an amazing ceremony delivery style. We made it into the "Vows" section of the New York Times with a reference to Reverend Burns.

I'm so happy, and our day would undoubtedly not been the same if Reverend Burns didn't officiate.

xo Mas & Julian

Sent on 07/19/2013

Michael · Married on 06/16/2013

Rev. Burns went to a lot of trouble to make sure that our special day would be perfect. Being out-of-towners we weren't sure about a location for the wedding and she rented a beautiful sanctuary for us. Her ceremony was very moving and everything we could have asked for. I would gladly recommend her and her services for anyone seeking to wed in DC, especially same-sex couples as ourselves.

Sent on 06/23/2013

T · Married on 03/23/2013

Chapel of Love Ceremonies is an excellent choice. My husband and I are so glad that we chose Reverend Burns. She personalized our ceremony to what we envisioned and answered any questions or concerns we had. She made recommendations based on the information we provided her and it led to a beautiful ceremony. We received so many comments about the warm and loving feel of our ceremony. We will cherish her service for a lifetime.

Sent on 04/22/2013

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you T for taking the time and posting a wonderful review about my services. I enjoyed your wedding, family, and friends. I can only hope that you enjoyed every moment of your special day.

Kimberly · Married on 10/07/2012

It was a pleasure to have Reverend Burns officiate our wedding. She is a fun, light-hearted & professional individual. My husband and I enjoyed our pre-marital session. She makes the ceremony & vow writing a breeze. And provides you with tons of assistance and will taylor your ceremony to fit your religous/spritual views. Thanks again Rev. Burns!

Sent on 10/11/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you Kimberly and Marcus for the great review. I enjoyed meeting and working with your family and friends. And I especially enjoyed stepping out of my ministerial role and being just me.

Jeff · Married on 10/07/2012

Reverend Burns wrote a beautiful ceremony and made our day perfect.

Sent on 10/22/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Thank you Jeff for the kind words. And kindly accept my apologies for just replying to your post.

Jonathan · Married on 09/22/2012

Rev. S.J. Burns was amazing. I was so blessed to come across her website. She was there for us through every step of our wedding process. She was more then willing to help us with any questions and concerns we had. She made it a very relaxed atmosphere and helped put us at ease. We are very grateful for the beautiful service.

Sent on 09/25/2012

US Capitol Elopements's reply:

Jonathan, thank you for leaving such a pleasant and detailed review. You guys were great.