Uptown Sound Reviews

212 | McKinney, TX

212 Reviews for Uptown Sound

Candace · Married on 09/04/2016

Mason was absolutely amazing! He was the DJ for my daughter's wedding and I couldn't have been more pleased. He met with us before the wedding to coordinate everything and presented things we never even thought about. He followed up with us in everything to ensure my daughter had everything she wanted. He did the uplighting as well and it was beautiful. He spent a large portion of the day with us setting up and was so extremely professional and courteous. His personality and expertise made this day incredibly amazing. Guests were asking about him and said they've never seen so many people dancing at a wedding reception. He definitely knew how to keep things moving, entertaining, and fun! People were saying this was one of the funniest wedding receptions they've been to and that is what my daughter wanted. If I could give him more than 5 stars I would. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anybody! Thanks so much Mason for a memorable event!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Esinam · Married on 09/03/2016

We loved the quality of service Uptown Sound provided for our wedding in Sept 2016. We booked them for DJ and uplighting. Best investment we made for our wedding, next to the photographer and wedding coordinator. Deitrich was our DJ/MC and he did a phenomenal job with the playlist and curating the mood for our reception - not only did we love every song that evening but out guests did too. So much that I wish I had booked him for an after party. Even the venue staff catering the dinner enjoyed the music, saying it was one of the best celebrations they had worked in a long time. Uptown Sound was so professional and a great bundle rate for the lighting and music. Deitrich took our list of about 50 songs that we wanted to hear plus my Dad's Ghanaian cultural music and managed to make it all flow perfectly. There was something for all of my gieats to enjoy and get on the dance floor. I would book Uptown Sound again for future celebrations.

Sent on 01/31/2017

Lisa · Married on 09/03/2016

Aaron was amazing!! He met with us before hand twice to talk about music selections. The wedding music was great!!! Everyone was dancing so much! It was perfect!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Jordan · Married on 08/19/2016

My husband and I loved have Aaron Kannowski DJ our wedding for us. Everything was perfect and professional from the phone calls prior to the event, the face to face meetings to arrange song flows, and of course the big night. Aaron didn't miss a beat, and many of our guests commented on just how much FUN our wedding was. Aaron worked with our DOC and photographer to make sure that every memorable moment was accounted for. He even played a last dance for us to dance to alone as everyone was lining up for our send-off. We were also EXTREMELY impressed with his shortened versions of our first dance, the father-daughter dance, and the mother-son dance as they were all flawless (even our dance instructor commented on how perfect the timing of the beats / transitions had been). We had Aaron do our uplighting as well, and it was a beautiful, romantic glow that made our whole evening feel like a fairy tale.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Kelsey · Married on 07/30/2016

Aaron is such an amazing DJ! He was the DJ for our wedding in July. We have heard so many great things about how our DJ kept everyone dancing and really played the best songs. He played all the songs we requested and then some! He did the lighting for our wedding too which looked amazing on our floral arrangements as well as the monogram on the wall. I can't say enough about Uptown Sound! Really Really awesome.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Grace · Married on 06/18/2016

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ than Aaron! During our reception he was very attentive to us and made sure that we were ready for each event. When we got to the reception, Aaron was outside waiting for us and ensured that everything was set up for our entrance. He had the caterer bring out plates to our sweetheart table and when it was time for the toasts, he even went and had our champagne flutes filled for us. The music he played was perfect, our dance floor was full pretty much the entire evening. For our first dance and the father/daughter dance, he cut our song selections down to about 2 minutes, which was the perfect amount of time. Aaron also met with us a few times before the wedding and worked with my wedding planner well. He is very kind and attentive and he definitely made our reception amazing!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Marinda · Married on 06/18/2016

I was referred to Aaron with Uptown Sound through a client. I was skeptical due to you not being able to hear or review a wedding he had done. After our meet up and talking with him I was completely confident that I picked the right D.J. He is professional, listens to your wants, and delivers. It was easy to contact and communicate with him as well. Let me just say he is AMAZING! Both my husband and I were so impressed at how well he got everyone and I mean everyone on the dance floor. If your looking for a D.J. to help light up the night and get the party started Aaron is your man. I would and will recommend Uptown Sound over and over again!
    Thanks again Aaron, you made our night a dream come true :)

Sent on 08/02/2016

We had the privilege of having Mason perform at our wedding. Leading up to the ceremony, we met with Mason to go over the ceremony schedule and the plan for the rest of the day (including reception). He was very helpful and always looked for ways to help calm our nerves and make sure we were having the best day. The music and mics during the ceremony were perfect. There was zero feedback or distorted sound. Everything ran smoothly. During the reception, Mason did a great job of keeping us on schedule, making sure everything was what we wanted and on time. We have been to weddings before where the DJ is too over-the-top and too cheesy, telling jokes or screaming into the mic. We loved Mason because he didn't do either of these and made the whole experience rememberable. At the end of the wedding and even after, the guests commented on the, saying that it had "the best music and everything ran smoothly. We have never been to a more fun wedding." All of this is credible to Mason and the job that he did before, during, and after the wedding.

We definitely recommend Mason and Uptown Sound if you want to have a smooth, fun, high-energy and remarkable wedding.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Alisa · Married on 05/06/2016

Uptown sound did an incredible job at our wedding last May. As both the DJ and MC, Aaron helped the night flow effortlessly and kept everyone out on the dance floor. We have recommended them to all of our friends!

Sent on 01/18/2017
  • User6193923 · 2+ years ago

Mason was an awesome DJ, we were running ahead of schedule and he made the necessary changes to keep the flow going smoothly. The dance floor was never empty and had a great selection of various types of music. He played all requests for our guests and kept everyone smiling. He was exceptional in everyway and we highly recommend him to future couples and events. Thank you again Mason for making our day so special. Matt and Kendala Malik.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Leigh · Married on 04/29/2016

We used Aaron and Uptown Sound as our DJ for our wedding. Aaron was great to work with ~ so professional and organized. He met with us a few times prior to the wedding to get information about us and understand what our music tastes were as well as the vibe we wanted to set for our wedding. He did a great job acting as emcee and helping to create and keep our timeline moving through the night.

Sent on 05/09/2016

Aeron was fabulous!!!! We cannot say enough about him. He was a fantastic DJ! He was very professional and very organized. We loved the way he asked people to get up from their tables to eat.....in a very subtle way. Loved the anniversary son. He kept the entire reception moving and right on track. My daughter's friends are saying its the best wedding ever and I have to say that has a lot to do with Aeron. We highly recommend him!!! Thank you Aeron for a wonderful evening.....you were great.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Michael · Married on 03/26/2016

Miguel and I (husband and husband) were totally pleased with the service we received from Aaron and Mason was phenomenal! He helped us choreograph the entire evening and had the dance floor filled all night long. He listened to our requests and we gave him the leeway to 'do his thing'. I danced my ass off and many of our guests commented on how well he mixed the songs to keep the party going. This was a great experience and I would highly recommend Uptown Sound and Mason in particular. Thank you Mason!

Sent on 03/30/2016

Aaron is the BEST! You really couldn't ask for a more incredible DJ and I am so appreciative of him and everything he did for our wedding/reception. He is friendly, accommodating, talented, and very organized! Not to mention he plays awesome music and caters to your music taste as well 100%. He literally ran the show and kept the night going. I don't know how he does it, but if you are looking for a DJ to help make your party the best it can be then he is your guy.

Sent on 04/06/2016

Lauren · Married on 03/13/2016

My husband and I had an amazing time from day one with Aaron. He helped us get a vision for the wedding day and guided us every step of the way for our timeline. He didn't pressure us on anything but gave really helpful tips and suggestions. He was able to look at our wedding party and get a feel for what songs were a hit and quickly adjusted for all the needs. Overall, I really enjoyed having him as our DJ!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Lauren · Married on 03/12/2016

We worked with Aaron from Uptown Sound and could not have been happier! He was an awesome DJ - great at getting guests out on the dance floor, fun, professional, and he really gave us exactly the kind of night we hoped we would have. Aaron allowed us to pick as much of the music as we wanted to, and he came up with some fun activities we hadn't even thought about doing at the rehearsal! He was just so easy and fun to work with! HIGHLY recommend!!!

Sent on 01/16/2017

Sheri · Married on 02/27/2016

Aaron with Uptown Sound was a delight to work with during the planning of the wedding and during the actual wedding. He was always very responsive to any questions or concerns I had and was very helpful. He even created a fun country mash up mix for our first dance. He also provided additional lighting that made the venue even more special. Many guests commented on how much they enjoyed Aaron being our MC and the music he provided during the reception. Aaron was absolutely amazing and made our wedding even more memorable.

Sent on 03/07/2016

Aaron was wonderful to work with! Our entire experience was great! We chose uptown sound for our DJ, videographer and photo booth. Everyone was very professional. Uptown sound made our wedding absolutely perfect!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Gary · Married on 11/06/2015

Mason, Deitrich, Aaron, and Trey were all involved in some aspect of our daughter's wedding at the Cotton Mill, and we could not have been more pleased. From the lighting to the music to the announcements and the videographer, this group was the epitome of professionalism. We had a number of comments from the attendees saying that the DJ was great. Mason did an excellent job of keeping the activities flowing and getting people involved on the dance floor. I would highly recommend the group from Uptown Sound.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Shelbi · Married on 10/23/2015

Aaron was extremely calm, professional, and confident. This made our experience with uptown sound perfect and extremely stress free. He kept the crowd dancing and kept the flow of the wedding perfectly coordinated. The uplighting in the reception area was beautiful and the cafe lights made our ceremony area look 10x better. Thank you Uptown Sound!!!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Jason · Married on 10/10/2015

Mason went above and beyond to make our day the best day of our lives. We didn't have many requests for music, we only gave him general genre's and typical artists that we like and he ran with it to make the mood of the night an unforgettable one. He knew exactly when to provide dancing breaks and when to drag people onto the dance floor. Everyone at our reception said how perfect the mood was, how energetic the house can be and it was all because of Mason. We didn't ask him to do much MC'ing but when he did, he did it professionally and respectfully. I've given Mason's information to many of my friends looking for a DJ so book him up early! He's the hottest Wedding DJ in the area!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Uptown did the drapery and lighting for my daughter's wedding and we are so glad they were recommeneded to us. They were extremely professional and were competitively priced. The drapery really helped soften the enterance to the reception and the lighting provided the ambience we were wanting. Highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Uptown Sound was amazing to work with! Aaron was very responsive to any questions or concerns we had throughout the planning process. Many of our guests commented on how much they loved the DJ. We needed our first dance song edited a little the day before the wedding, and Aaron got that taken care of and sent the song clip to us in a timely fashion. He was awesome at helping things run smoothly during the reception and letting us know when it was time for certain things throughout the evening. Not to mention the mimosas he made us at our final planning meeting - so fun! Trey was our videographer and he was professional and on time. We are excited to see the final product of the video! Overall, I would recommend Uptown Sound.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Baylee · Married on 09/12/2015

Mason was the DJ at our wedding last weekend and all I have to say is PHENOMENAL! Each of my guests was constantly commenting about the fun atmosphere, the flow of the evening, and how fun Mason was as our DJ! Mason was extremely flexible with my husband and I's hectic schedules and he was in constant communication with us throughout the entire wedding planning process! We could not have asked for a better company to run our evening with the music! Our evening was fabulous and a large part of that is thanks to Mason! Music and atmosphere is such an important part of a wedding and Mason did a fabulous job making sure that everyone was up, moving, and having a great time!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Aaron was simply AMAZING!!!!! By far the best wedding DJ/MC/ lighting extraordinaire I've ever seen! The lighting he did for us was perfect, he always listened to our concerns, offered great suggestions, and was mindful of our budget! As the night wore on, and our wedding timeline got off track, and Aaron brought a positive energy and flexibility, that helped us keep calm and reorganize events to make our wedding a huge success! He even helped us put together a song mashup for a surprise father daughter dance that really blew our guests away! He's a great person to work with, and I'd highly recommend him to all our family and friends!

Sent on 09/10/2015