Upstate Sounds Reviews

96 | Albany, NY

96 Reviews for Upstate Sounds

Beth · Married on 08/16/2013

Upstate Sounds and Jason Seeberger was our DJ of choice for our daughters wedding. He brought the party!!
    He provided us with processional and ceremony music, as well as, kept the evening flowing on schedule- coordinating with the photographer and venue (whom all commented on his professionalism and easy to work with personality) on times of events. He supplied us with fun props and great music which ended in an amazing evening!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Becki · Married on 06/22/2013

Jay dj-ed our wedding and did a fantastic job!!! He was very professional and was easy to get along with. He listened to all our suggestions and likes and we couldn't be happier with the music that he chose to play! He kept the floor packed all night long with great song selection, lights and props! We were sad to see him packing up at the end of the reception because we could have danced all night long. I would highly recommend Upstate Sounds to anyone looking for a fun, professional dj!!!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Jay was easy to work with and made helpful suggestions. He kept the party going and the dance floor full all night. The lighting and party props were an extra perk and made for some really funny pictures!

Sent on 01/21/2013
  • User2719157 · 2+ years ago

Jay was fantastic. He was incredibly professional and organized. He played exactly the kind of music we had requested, and did such a great job at keeping the party going that the dancing took over the entire venue. I would absolutely recommend Jay to DJ anyone's event.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Amber · Married on 09/15/2012

Jason Seeberger with Upstate Sounds did an amazing job at our wedding. He was professional and a lot of fun. Would highly recommend for any wedding. It turned out perfect and was worth every penny.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Jennifer · Married on 02/04/2012

Best Dj around! We had so much fun with Dj Jay Rozell at our reception!!! He had the floor packed all night and he even danced with us! If you want a proffesional and FUN DJ go with Upstate Sounds!!!

-Jennifer and John Osloder

Sent on 03/07/2012

Caryn · Married on 09/10/2011

Made the night!

Jason Seeberger was our DJ and was awesome! We had a vague play/do not play list and he put together the perfect set that had everyone on the dance floor all night long. The props added to the hilarity that ensued.

Greg · Married on 09/10/2011

DJ Jason Seeberger did an outstanding job at our wedding. He kept the dance floor full and made sure everyone had a great time with props and great sense of humor. His playlist of music for the night was perfect. If you hire Upstate Sounds you will get your moneys worth and will NOT be dissapointed, I will be sure to use them for any future events we would need a DJ for.

Sent on 03/10/2012

Mike · Married on 10/09/2010

Great selection and lots of fun had the dance floor packed all night even brought props which were a huge hit , overall created a great fun atmosphere was funny yet professional on the mic absolutely no complaints and would recommend them to everyone...

L · Married on 09/04/2010

Jason Seeberger filled our dance floor all night

We hired Upstate Sounds, DJ Jason Seeberger for our September 4,2010 wedding and he did a fantastic job! Jason was professional and fun. He paid close attention to our must plays and do not plays. He had everyone at our wedding on the dance floor the entire night. In fact, the floor was full before dinner was even served. Jason was wonderful, pick upstate sounds - you won't be disappointed.

Colleen · Married on 08/28/2010

My husband Jason and I were married on 8/28/10. Jay Rozell was our DJ. He did an AWESOME job helping us find songs which fit out personalities. Throughout the entire planning process and actual reception Jay went above and beyond what I had expected. Jay got everyone up on the dance floor, had a variety of props and music. He even let one guest pick a song by Sir Mix a Lot and rap on the dance floor. There were only a handful of songs we didn't want played and Jay followed through with our requests.

My sister, who was married the following May, was so impressed she also booked Jay as her DJ.

I would highly recommend Upstate Sounds to anyone who is looking for a young DJ.

Sent on 03/10/2012

Jay did an awesome job at our wedding. He was able to keep all of the guests engaged and having a great time all night. There was never a lull in the evening. I've been to several weddings Jay has been the DJ at, and it is always a great time. There is nobody better to DJ your wedding or event.

Sent on 03/26/2016

Kate · Married on 06/05/2010

Jason Seeberger was absolutely wonderful to work with. He had no trouble locating songs for us (ceremony, dances, etc.) He was always happy to talk things through with me when I had questions about the ceremony and introductions. He was very knowledgeable and happily shared his previous experiences. He played an excellent variety of music during the night. Everyone who attended my wedding raved about him and his service. He definitely made my wedding reception a party no one will forget!

Sent on 03/08/2012
  • F

fallon · Married on 05/14/2010

I had Jason as my DJ and he was fantastic. He was referred by a few friends who also used him as a DJ. I have no complaints at all with the service that was provided. Great price, great service, and just an overall great guy to do business with.

Sent on 03/19/2012

Lindsay · Married on 09/19/2009

Upstate Sounds is an amazing dj service. They are professional yet fun. They really stepped up to ensure everything went smoothly and transitioned perfectly. I still hear how my wedding was the most fun one has been to and it couldn't have been that way without the perfect dj. A few of my guests have already used them. Definitely the best in the area and I've been in 8 weddings and been to many more.

Sent on 03/07/2012

Allyson · Married on 06/16/2018

Jay was the DJ at my wedding and he was awesome! He was super friendly and always answered all my questions! He did a great job and I would absolutely recommend upstate sound & DJ jay to anyone!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Janelle · Married on 09/03/2016

Very professional and fun. Played all the music we expected to hear based on our lists.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Becca · Married on 01/22/2016

Jay was great, my wife (fiancé at the time) and I could not agree on anything, Jay had lots of great ideas that helped us create both a beautiful ceremony and an awesome reception. With a few details about us and songs we liked he was able to make an amazing night! I can't recommend Jay and Upstate Sounds enough.

Sent on 01/27/2016
  • User4198199 · 2+ years ago

Great price for the time we needed them, high quality equipment ready for a multitude of scenarios, some of the songs played didn't seem to fit but overall pleased.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Cathe · Married on 09/19/2014

4.2
      3.0

Great to work with.. Very professional

Sent on 10/04/2014

Deb C · Married on 03/16/2019

2.6
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0

Ok for cookie cutter wedding...

We hired DJ Jason based on all the 5 star reviews...
    When we met I thought we were on the same page when I explained that we had a predominately older crowd with a few 30's and a handful of 18-25 year olds sprinkled in. I asked him to play to the OLDER crowd, myself included. (Oldies, Disco, 70s/80s) and then fit in a few of the more modern songs. At one point, I actually had to go up to him and ask him to play some 70s that I could dance to.
    I had also asked for Big Band and Jazz during cocktail hour. Didn't happen.
    I had given him a list of about 22 songs that my guests requested to have played...I think he may have played 1/2 of them (if that).
    Jason showed up sick which definitely affected his performance. When he spoke on the mic you could barely understand him. He even came up to me at the end of the night and apologized for being "off my game...i'm usually in the crowd getting people on the dance floor" Our wedding was in March, I'm sure he could have sent someone in his place? Maybe not.
    Also, our timeline was not cookie cutter like most weddings and when we talked about that, he said "Don't worry, it's your day, we'll make it work". He didn't do his homework and it showed.
    So basically, if you have a cookie cutter reception, with a "normal" timeline and just want someone to play music and don't care that much about his interaction with your guests or what he plays, Jason will probably be good enough for your reception.
    But if you have something out of the norm in mind, might want to keep looking. He's average at best...at least according what he gave us.
    And DEFINITELY not worth $1245!!!

Sent on 03/25/2019