Upscale Salsa Productions Reviews

28 | New York, NY

28 Reviews for Upscale Salsa Productions

Cheryl · Married on 07/23/2016

4.2

Entertainment can either make or break your event. I came across Adrian's company via google and must admit I was a little nervous everything would come together as planned. But it did. Adrian showed up when he said he would, had top-of-the-line equipment and was a major factor in making our party a success. I definitely would recommend him and use his company again.

Sent on 08/21/2016

Ailene · event on: 11/09/2014

3.5
      3.5

Adrian did a good job in putting fun music so there were many people dancing, however I received many complaints that he wasn't playing any of the song requests that were asked. Overall I thought the music was good, he announced well and the slideshow he made was nice so I was satisfied.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Upscale Salsa Productions's reply:

Congrats on your Sweet 16. What a party! Yes, some parents complained about the curse words in some of the song requests from the kids. As a professional DJ we have final discretion as to what is to be played at a party.

1.0

This DJ was very unprofessional and would not suggest using him for a wedding. Planning for the wedding was very difficult as he would be unresponsive and cancel meetings last minute. Not only did he threaten to stop my wedding because my guests did not like what he was playing, he was very rude to guests and other workers at the venue. I paid extra for live percussion which was not worth it because the musician barely even performed. I asked why he wasn't playing and the DJ told me he hand hurts which if that was the case, he should of gotten someone else or told me it wasn't available. The people at the venue also had difficulty working with this DJ.

Sent on 04/24/2016

Upscale Salsa Productions's reply:

Dear Shauna Morey, I’m very sorry to see your review after such a fun wedding on April 23, 2016. Two of your male guests were extremely intoxicated and were requesting songs be played that you put on the Do Not Play list i.e. specifically the Hokey Pokey, Electric Slide and the Chicken Dance. We explained this to these two guests and they became more aggressive and threatening, which is when we spoke with you about the situation because these stressors are not good for anyone doing a live performance. This is the first time in 13 years we’ve seen this behavior but as professional DJ’s that carry liability insurance safety is first and foremost. Sadly in the case of your wedding these two male guests had too much alcohol and did not accept the explanation of why those requests would not be played. The percussionist played so much his hands hurt and so they take breaks, which is when you asked. Regarding our interaction with the venue, we did our usual review with the staff right after your wedding and were told the music was excellent and very different from normal weddings and were thanked for executing the dinner/dance transition even though your best man’s toast went on for half an hour and set back the party. We’re very sorry for missing a meeting due to illness but this is why at the outset we recommended you plan early and not leave planning your important wedding day until the last 2 weeks given that you had over a year since the booking. Even still our event management system provided the structure that allowed us to execute your timeline and music selections to perfection, kept the dance floor full and other than the two very drunk guests all other guests we talked to said they liked the music selections a lot. In the future we’ll be more adamant about early planning, as we state on our website the weddings that plan early are the most successful ones. Thank you and good luck!