Up Your Do Reviews

187 | Jenkintown, PA

187 Reviews for Up Your Do

Natalie · Married on 04/11/2015

Jill is seriously AMAZING!!! I would recommend her to anybody looking for wedding hair - she can do any style you ask and even help you choose a look for your big day! If you are reading this, do yourself a favor and call Jill!
    ~Natalie

Sent on 04/28/2015

Regina · Married on 03/13/2015

Jill did an amazing job on my hair and also my daughters. From the moment I meant her,she was just so friendly and outgoing.

Sent on 03/24/2015

Lee A. · Married on 02/21/2015

Jill is SO amazing. I have never had an "updo" that i was really ever in love with. I would always get them and feel very MEH about them. Jill completely changed that for me. During my trial, I was very MEH about everything. She never rushed me or got annoyed and I felt like I could tell her I didn't like something and she never got offended. The hair on my wedding was so perfect. I never could have imagined it would look that good. Not to mention that Jill is quite possibly the sweetest and nicest girl EVER. I just referred my very best friend to her for her wedding in July 2016. Watch out girls, she books up fast and for good reason!

Jill, thank you so much! You are amazing.

Sent on 04/13/2015

Aimee · Married on 12/06/2014

Joanne is an amazing hairstylist. She was prompt, had many beautiful ideas for my hair, and is also extremely sweet and organized! Thank you so much Joanne for making my day and my hair beautiful!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Julie · Married on 11/22/2014

Jill was great to work with. She came to our suite on the wedding day and was very patient and thoughtful with each of my bridesmaids and the moms. During my trials beforehand, she helped me find the right look - even if it meant trying multiple different styles. The end result was beautiful - and stayed put pretty much the entire night! She was very laid back and easy to talk to during the whole process and would highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/04/2014
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 11/15/2014

My hair on my wedding day looked absolutely beautiful. My bridesmaids all adored their hairstyles as well. We all got such different styles and each one looked great. We received a ton of compliments. Jill was just great to work with on the day of the wedding. She was calming and laid back the morning of the big day and even offered some great last minute advice. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a hair stylist on their wedding day.

Sent on 12/14/2014

Susan · Married on 11/08/2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about Bonnie Madden Domico from Up Your Do! My daughter, the bride, looked absolutely gorgeous & she did an amazing job on the rest of the bridal party as well! (she even managed to accommodate this picky MOB, lol!) We received so many compliments at the wedding and my hair even looked great throughout the next day's brunch & beyond! Bonnie is not only an incredibly talented perfectionist - her genuine warmth & friendly personality made everyone feel relaxed, comfortable & special! From the day of the trial, right through the wedding day, my daughter & I had full confidence that we had made the right choice and were in great hands. Thank you so very much, Jill Kozar, for sending her to us!!!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Jill · Married on 10/12/2014

I cannot recommend Jill enough for hair styling services! She was amazing! She was great at the trial and helped me piece together my wedding hairstyle with a couple pictures I brought with me. The day of the wedding, she was extremely calm, warm, kind-- I could keep going! She helped keep my nerves at ease as time approached to walk down the aisle. I will absolutely be utilizing her again for anything I have to attend in the Philadelphia area.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Andrea · Married on 08/30/2014

I couldn't possibly say enough amazing things about Jill! She came highly recommended to me by my make-up artists and I am so glad that I was pointed in her direction! To start - Jill is so sweet, personable, easy to talk to, passionate, and most importantly, so incredibly talented! I showed up to my trial with a bunch of pictures of all different styles that I liked, but I wasn't exactly sure what direction I wanted to go in! Jill asked to see them, then my dress, and immediately started working on my hair! She quickly understood my vision for my wedding look, combined all of my ideas, and created something I was head over heels in love with. She made the entire process extremely easy and stress free for me, which as a bride was very important.

The day of my wedding, Jill showed up on time (if not ahead of time) & completed 7 of my bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and my hair in a timely manner. I should mention that Jill was only originally supposed to do 1 mother but when my Mother-in-law decided at the last minute she needed a little help, Jill came to the rescue and had absolutely no problem adding another person to the list. Everyone looked absolutely gorgeous and each and every one of my girls was 110% happy with their hair! Jill is so versatile and did a fantastic job with all of my bridesmaids, who I should mention had varying lengths of hair from super long to short choppy bobs! She nailed every single style! In addition to all that, Jill stayed past the time she was supposed to to help my girls put floral crowns in - she really just went above and beyond!

I cannot recommend Jill enough - you would be crazy to look any further than her! Thank you, Jill, from the bottom of my heart for everything you did to make myself and my girls look absolutely stunning for my wedding day! I feel so fortunate to have gotten a chance to work with you!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Carly · Married on 07/25/2014

Jill made me look AMAZING on my wedding day. Jill was recommended to me by a friend. In fact, one of my bridesmaids loves Jill so much she has recommended her to at least 3 weddings by now. Every one of us feels the same way about Jill. She is amazing. From the first time I met Jill at the trial, I was excited to have her be a part of my special day. She was calm and friendly at the trial and tried several options until we found what worked perfectly. She took detailed notes and pictures so she was ready to go on the day of my wedding.

I live over an hour away from Jill so she decided on her own to come to the hotel the night before so she could be ready to go bright and early! She was on time, professional, calm, energetic, and truly took pride in making sure I was 100% satisfied with myself, 8 bridesmaids, 1 grandma, and two moms!

My wedding day was 100% perfect. We all looked flawless. Everything ran smoothly. I would recommend Jill from Up Your Do to any friend any day because I know they would be enthusiastically satisfied, just as I am. On top of making me look great, she was a pleasure to work with and spend time with!

Sent on 08/18/2014

I found Up Your Do on Wedding Wire and decided to go with Jill because I am in between hair stylists and wanted someone with tons of experience doing onsite hair. I am so happy I did!!! After meeting with Jill for a wedding hair consultation I fell in love with how she took everything I wanted (a curly up-do with a braid) and she created a fantastic style that everyone (including myself) loved. Her professionalism and personality are amazing and I was so pleased with my hair on my wedding day! In fact, my MOH who also got her hair done told me she felt better about her hair and makeup at my wedding than her own! And furthermore, I am looking forward to going to her as my new hair stylist, especially since she's going to have her own salon soon!!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Alison · Married on 06/21/2014

I cannot recommend Jill Kozar's Up Your Do more highly for your wedding day! First and foremost, she is an absolute doll and incredibly calm, which is exactly the kind of energy that you need on your wedding day. And, most importantly, she is INCREDIBLY talented! Jill did my entire wedding party (6 girls) plus my mom and I, and everyone looked absolutely perfect, different, and gorgeous. Everyone's hair lasted from afternoon pictures through the wedding and reception, and we even looked great for brunch the next day! Jill really took the time during my trial to figure out exactly what I was looking for, and did the same for my girls. I think the best review may come from my sister, who absolutely hates her hair (even though it is gorgeous). Jill did such an amazing job with her updo (well, side-do), that MOH is STILL talking about it! That never happens! She love, love, loved it. THANK YOU Jill for making me looking beautiful on my wedding day. You will always be our wedding hair whisperer!! I can't wait to send you pictures! -A.Ricketts

Sent on 07/07/2014

Mandi · Married on 03/22/2014

I absolutely adore Jill Kozar at Up Your Do. I found her through the venues preferred vendors list and found her to be amazing. She created exactly what I wanted on both my trial and wedding day. She showed up on time, was very professional, and extremely friendly. I was initially reluctant to have an up-do for my wedding because I just feel I look better with my hair down. But I also knew I'd get annoyed if my hair didn't stay curled all day and night. However, Jill did such amazing work that I quickly realized how much I did really like my hair in an up-do. I also I received so many compliments on how good my hair looked.

Thanks again for everything Jill and I will recommend you to any future brides I know!

Sent on 04/06/2014

Melissa · Married on 12/14/2013

Jill was wonderful to work with at both the trial and on my wedding day. She was very approachable and was able to take all of the looks that I had given her and create an amazing hairstyle. On my wedding day, she arrived early and was willing to stay later to fix my hair after pictures since it was snowing outside. She did 10 people in all and was able to get the look that each one of us had given her. All of our hair held throughout the night, and looked just as perfect at the end of the night as it did at the beginning. I loved how comfortable she made us all feel and how professional, yet fun she was. I would HIGHLY recommend Jill for anyone looking for a hairstylist for your wedding!!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Aracelis · Married on 11/10/2013

Jill is one of the most professional vendors I have evern worked with. Booking a trial was so easy with her because she made sure to get back to me the very same day I reached out to her. I even had to reschedule twice and she was extremely accommodating.

Just because she is professional doesn't mean she isn't fun. We had a blast putting together my hairstyle at the trial apointment. She even improvised my hair piece with aluminum foil so I can get an idea of how it will look the day of the wedding.

Come the day of the wedding, she showed up early ready to rock and roll. My up do came out FANTASTIC and held the entire night - and it was extremely windy during pictures. She even gave me hairspray and extra bobby pins to hold me over just in case, but there was no need. EVERYONE complimented my hair. She also did my mother and bridesmaids hair and everyone was really happy with the outcome.

I highly recommend Jill and I will definitley be going back to her for my next big event!

Sent on 11/29/2013
  • LindsayNicole

Lindsay · Married on 11/09/2013

Jill is fantastic! I showed her a couple examples of what I was looking for and she created the perfect wedding day look for me. My bridesmaids and mothers of the bride and groom also looked fabulous. I can't believe how quickly she was able to style everyone. She is a true talent and you won't regret using her for your special day!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Cassandra · Married on 09/14/2013

Jill was great. She is very good at what she does. For the trial I brought her a bunch of pictures of ideas - she asked me for a picture of my dress and we decided on a low up do - I was so happy with the trial I was actually nervous that it could not be duplicated :) But she did it again on my wedding day exactly like I wanted - I was so happy with it. She did hair for all six of my bridesmaids, myself and my mother - on time and without any issues. All of our hair looked great and lasted all day long. All my girls were thrilled with their hair. Two of my sisters had weddings the following weekend and told me how disappointed they were with their later hair dresser - they had been spoiled by Jill. My sister who is getting married next October already booked Jill because of the great job she did at my wedding. I highly recommend Jill for any event you may have!

Sent on 11/01/2013
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 05/26/2013

Absolutely unreal. Jill is phenomenal. She made everyone's hair look so great- it held all day, and mine did too. She is reasonable and above all, a very kind person who cares about everyone being happy. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/27/2013

Jill Kozar at Up Your Do is an extremely talented hair stylist. She was very easy to work with and made the morning of our wedding a fun and stress-free time. A few months before our wedding, I stopped by her hair salon for my trial. I took a picture of an up-do I had found online and she was able to replicate it perfectly, in no time at all. I also took in my veil so that she could try out how it would look over the hair style, which was definitely a great idea of hers and showed how organized she is. On our wedding day, she not only did my hair, but also the flower girl, 5 bridesmaids and the mother of the groom, in just a few hours time. Everyone’s hair looked amazing and held up well throughout the entire day. I highly recommend Jill at Up Your Do as a hair stylist for your wedding, prom or other special event!

Sent on 11/24/2013

Jackie · Married on 12/01/2012

Jill did such an amazing job for my wedding. She was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. She is very sweet and easy to talk to, but totally professional. She styled me, 6 bridesmaids, my mom, and 3 of our friends, and even with so many people she was able to make sure we stayed on schedule.
    I went in for a trial a few weeks before my wedding. We looked at the pictures I brought of styles I liked and pictures of my dress, and she made some great suggestions about what would look best for me.
    I could not have been happier with how it turned out! It looked amazing with my hair piece and stayed in place even after pictures on the beach, the wedding, and the after-party. My mom and the rest of my bridal party were all really happy with their hair as well. They looked so great!
    I would absolutely book Jill again and encourage any brides who want a stress-free experience to do the same!

Sent on 01/19/2013

Katrina · Married on 11/02/2012

I had a lot of anxiety surrounding my hair for my wedding day. It's super flat, straight, and doesn't hold a curl. And I wanted big, voluminous, curled hair for my wedding day. After several unsuccessful hair trials with other vendors, I found Jill. She was amazing. She was super patient at my 2 trials with her, and worked with me to achieve the look that I wanted. My hair was PHENOMENAL on my wedding day. It was soft, voluminous, and elegant and I have Jill to thank for that. She assured me that my style would last all day, and it did. My wedding day was super windy, yet my hair still looked perfect at the end of the night. She also did my mom's hair and 4 bridesmaids, and all stayed in place the whole night. She arrived to our hotel suite right on time, and stayed on schedule. Everything went perfectly, thanks Jill! Contact her immediately because she books up fast.

Sent on 04/30/2013

Lindsay · Married on 10/26/2012

Jill was amazing! She was on time and well prepared for the day. She was so relaxed that it even calmed me down on the big day. She will do exactly what you ask, but also made great suggestions for my bridesmaid who weren't sure what they wanted. She worked so well with everyone and was a special part of our day!

Sent on 11/09/2012
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/12/2012

Jill works amazingly fast but doesn't stop until your satisfied. I found her on wedding wire and because of her reviews decided to use her. She is professional, easy to work with, and has a great attitude. Everyone looked fantastic and I could not have been happier. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/22/2012
  • User2079530 · 2+ years ago

Jill did a wonderful job on our hair. All hairstyles lasted through the entire evening. My one maid-of-honor has very curly hair that can get quite frizzy. She was worried about being able to do anything with it, but Jill was completely at ease with it, and did her in an amazing way. Thanks so much Jill!!

Sent on 10/12/2012
  • Cate

Cate · Married on 08/11/2012

Jill Kozar was amazing. She drove out to my location and arrived ahead of time to set up and to make sure my mom and i were finished before the photographer came. My hair looked extactly how i wanted it too, she really brought my vision to life. I got so many compliments on my hair and how fabulous it looked. I honestly could not be happier.

Sent on 08/12/2012