57 Reviews for University Club at UCI

Event Planning (4)
Uncovered Outdoor (3)
Indoor (1)
57 University Club at UCI Reviews

I cannot say enough good things about Cindy and the team at UCI's University Club. The venue was gorgeous and perfect for our August wedding, her response time to emails and calls was fantastic, her communication in general was wonderful. My father, who does not hand out compliments superfluously, called her a genius and I agree completely. Day of she was right there coordinating everything, keeping it all out from underfoot, handled my two little flower girls like a champ, and the week off when I was stressed sent me funny cat photos to check in with me! We got lots of compliments on the food and bar, the clean up crew was efficient, Cindy even helped personally load gifts into my parents' car.

Profile Picture Marissa, 8/7/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

My (now) husband and I originally booked the University Club because we were UCI alumni and the location had a special place in our heart. Looking back on our big day and the whole process of wedding planning, we got way more than we ever paid for.

The wedding coordinator, Cindy, is the BEST coordinator EVER. She is extremely organized, responsive, detail oriented, and thorough. And she is fast paced, which I like. She is quick to think on the spot and problem solve through any situation. She accommodated my last minute changes in the guest list, so that we weren't charged for the food plates of extra guests. When we found out the L.A. Rams were holding their first practice at UCI on the day of our wedding, Cindy got a parking attendant at our site hours before our reception began to make sure nobody except our guests were using the University Club parking! Cindy and her assistant Carissa also went above and beyond to make sure every question I had was answered with specificity and detail. Emails were answered quickly, sometimes on the same day! When I was unsure about tax and the service charge, Cindy took the time to explain to me and my dad who was looking over my wedding contract. Cindy made sure that there were no surprises on our bill.

On the note of going above and beyond, Cindy helped us get the exact color of up-lights we wanted and even helped creatively lay out all of our cookies for our ice cream sandwich bar. She has an eye for what looks good! Finally, my father in law left his wedding ring in the bathroom on accident, and Cindy was sure to communicate to my Maid of Honor and my husband that it was locked in a safe at the University Club waiting to be picked up at our convenience.

Thank you to the University Club for making our day unforgettable. To our sweetheart table's server, to the bartender that made sure my friend's were having a blast, to our coordinators, it was such a pleasure to work with you!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/30/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning

Cindy and Clarissa at the UCI club were great! The location is a great value and the staff are very reliable. The food is really good (lots of choices) and they are very flexible about how they do things like open bar. They have an awesome vendor list which we used extensively. The vendors they work with the most are also reliable, are a great value and do a great job. Cindy and Clarissa are very organized and easy to get in contact with. They let us make several adjustments to the food and reception details over the few weeks before the wedding. We were able to bring all of our decorations the day before the wedding and they arranged everything. They directed everyone on what to do during the rehearsal and kept track of timing for our wedding day, making adjustments as necessary. We don't what we would have done without them. They made everything very easy. We would definitely recommend others use this venue!

The venue holds maximum of 200 people for an indoor reception and ~300 people for an outdoor reception. They recently changed the look of their banquet hall so their ceilings look amazing now. They also added some new string lights to their outdoor area. We saw some pictures of what other couples were able to do with the venue. Here is an outdoor reception and indoor reception that inspired us to pick this venue.

Profile Picture User5090021, 1+ year ago, 15 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

Looking for our wedding venue was a long process, but when we visited UCI University Club, it was gorgeous. The outdoor ceremony with the gazebo and the cocktail hour area with the trees were both beautiful. The indoor reception hall was fantastic, especially with the white drapes on the ceiling and lights, and we added blue uplights around the room. Plus, there are large windows surrounding the room with a view of the trees outside. At night, the trees all have lights and it looks amazing all lit up. Based on the venue alone, we were sold, but then we met Cindy the venue coordinator and that sealed the deal for us. Cindy is extremely bubbly and friendly. She knows exactly what she is doing and has a wealth of knowledge. Along with Cindy, you also get to work with her assistant Carissa and she is equally amazing.
The food at our wedding was also amazing. During cocktail hour, we served the chicken pineapple skewers, plus Cindy let us add two Hors d'oeuvres that were not on her menu. We added bruschetta and mini grilled cheeses with grilled onions. Both were a huge hit with all our guests! The bar had a lot of good options for beer, and we were able to bring our own wine and pay a corkage fee. For dinner we served three options, the NY Steak, Chicken Marsala Blush, and the Grilled Portobello Mushrooms for vegan/vegetarian guests. All three options were great and very tasty! After the meal, they provide sherbet as well.
The overall experience we had at the University Club was amazing! You will not be disappointed looking at this venue and meeting Cindy and Carissa. They were so well organized and willing to provide anything to make your day perfect. We were so incredibly pleased that we booked this fantastic venue, our wedding was perfect.

Profile Picture Danielle, 4/2/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

We had a wedding at UC Irvine university club in April of this year. It was a big success and we believe the day couldn't have gone this smoothly without the site manager Cindy Lee and her assistant Carissa's help. This duo has been helping us from the very start of the wedding. They are extremely professional, friendly, and detail-oriented. They make sure we are on the right track along the planning process and they spend lots of time answering all the e-mail questions we have. On the day of the wedding, they run around all over the venue to make sure everything is well-organized and that we are doing well with the time. The venue itself was recently renovated and it was gorgeous! It was absolutely a hassle free experiences, and plus, both Cindy and Carissa are very pleasant and they are super fun to work with! 5/5 stars and would recommend this venue to anyone who is getting married!

Profile Picture User4612815, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We have our reception in uci university club on august 24. It was amazing and fulfilling.
The venue looks pretty, especially during the night when the up lights are on. The foods are good. Our guests love the New York style steak, chicken and portobello mushroom meals a lot.
Cindy Lee and Carissa are our wedding coordinators. They are really really nice and professional in organizing the whole event. They worked with us and come out a good timeline. And also provided us with a lot of useful information, such as DJ recommendations, vendors, etc. At the reception day, they decorated the room, the dessert table, guest book table in such a nice way that totally beyond our expectation.
The whole reception went very smooth and sweet. Both I and my husband felt so so so happy. And the cost is also within our budget. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture JUNE, 8/24/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cindy is the wedding coordinator and is amazing! She is very friendly, professional, and helpful. Don't know what we would have done without her. She helped us have our dream wedding at this beautiful venue. Outdoor ceremony with all the greenery was perfect on a late August afternoon with cocktail hour outside in the courtyard. The reception was inside the U Club and was beautifully decorated with flowers, linens, Chivari chairs, candles, etc. Everything was perfect and Cindy is very flexible so we were able to get our dream wedding on a budget. Thanks for everything!

Profile Picture Sandra, 8/23/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I don't know what craziness lead me to wait so long to write this review. I got married here in August 2014 and loved the experience. Love, love love. Here's why:

CINDY: Definitely the number 1 reason. She, the coordinator, is included in the price of the event, and she's SO much more than a day-of-coordinator. I met with her at the site 3 or 4 times and corresponded numerous times by email. She was incredibly on top of details and organization, and she did it all with a fantastic bubbly energy. She was never overbearing but rather very receptive to our preferences and needs. I'm definitely a detail-oriented person, so I was profoundly happy to have someone like her manage everything for our wedding. On the day of our wedding, she did an incredible job of making sure everything stuck to schedule, and she put out lots of little fires (probably even more than I know about, since I think she did her best to avoid stressing me out!). I truly can't imagine how I could have done it without her.

VALUE: Of course you should shop around and see what works for you, but the UCI University Club was one of the 2-3 most inexpensive packages I found (I was looking for a venue with catering and rentals included).

FOOD: They created a menu just for us, and now it's on the website as a preset package! Look for the Asian buffet :D It was really nice to see their flexibility in making a menu that suited our tastes. We got to do a tasting beforehand; we did have to pay the lunch entree price that was determined for our dishes, but we got a 25% discount, so it was fine. The food was very good for the price; people especially loved how tender and flavorful the beef was.

SETTING: Just beautiful. I have a love of trees and twinkly lights, and this spot has PLENTY of those gorgeous things. The gazebo is such a nice setting. Lots of great spots to take photos. I also loved the drapery in the ceiling of the reception room - included in the price, not $1000 extra like I encountered at anoth

Profile Picture Tiffany, 8/16/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I absolutely LOVED this wedding venue and the team!!! Cindy Lee was the best coordinator a bride could ask for. I highly recommend the venue

Profile Picture Taryn, 8/7/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My husband and I enjoyed a very awesome Rehearsal Dinner at UCI's University Club. We are both anteaters, so it was a lot of fun pre-celebrating the wedding at a place we both know and love so well. The U Club is a great venue even if you aren't a UCI Alum - we (by that I mean my amazing mother-in-law and two sister-in-laws) did an amazing job decorating, and they even had a whole A/V system set up for a (rather embarrassing) slide show. Parking was a breeze, food was great - buffet style, and the staff were wonderful. It was a really fun night!

Profile Picture Pam, 7/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We booked our daughter's wedding at the University Club with the comfort and convenience of our guests in mind. It is a beautiful location with a gazebo for the ceremony, a library for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, and a lovely dining room overlooking trees and greenery. Ample free parking was also appreciated by our guests. But the most compelling reason to have our wedding at UCI was Cindy. I can't say enough about how helpful and instrumental Cindy was in having things go so smoothly. Her years of experience in this business were so evident. Her enthusiasm and energy are incomparable and made things so much fun! The time spent willing to work with me to tweak the menu was so appreciated. And the guests all remarked how light and fresh the food was - even the steamed vegetables were perfectly cooked and fresh. We chose to do a buffet to accommodate all the guests' food preferences, and included a carving station. It was all a big hit! Cindy's advice as to how many hors d'oeuvre trays were needed for the cocktail hour was spot on - people felt the food "just kept coming." Exactly what I wanted the guests to feel - that they were being well taken care of. It seemed like Cindy was in a million places at once, checking on things, and following up. The lights on the trees, visible from all the dining room windows, are magical as the sun goes down - a very charming place. If I had it to do all over, I would do the wedding exactly the same way as long as Cindy was at the helm! And I should mention, the University Club is far more affordable than many other places. You'd be crazy not to check this place out for a wedding or any other special event.

Profile Picture Joni, 7/12/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have chosen a better venue for our wedding! From the moment I met Cindy I knew that she was the coordinator to go with. She automatically made me feel as though I was a family member to her!

Not only do they offer the best value for their services, but she goes above and beyond to accommodate and meet your wedding dreams. She doesn't let a thing slip and has amazing vendor referrals! We used all of the vendors she recommended and we couldn't be happier. This is a one-stop deal- you find her and the venue and she will guide you to everything else!

The day of- she didn't miss a beat and when we were running a few minutes behind she made sure to make up for it elsewhere. She makes you feel at ease throughout the evening because by this point you've learned to trust her and realIze that she will get things done just the way you expect them to if not better.

Thank you Cindy for being our Wedding fairy! We had the wedding of our dreams!

Profile Picture Liseth, 4/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I don't know where to even start, there were so many amazing qualities of this venue and staff. Cindy was so wonderful to work with. She was always a step ahead of me. I'm a person that likes to stay on schedule and she made that happen down to the minute. My wedding day was so smooth and care free, I recommend the University Club to everyone, no matter the budget!

Profile Picture Katy, 1/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The UCI University Club is a beautiful venue, including a wonderful outdoor gazebo to perform ceremonies, a library for cocktail hours, and a beautifully lit dining room for dinner receptions. This past year they added more lighting to the outdoor area as well as the dining room, which create a super elegant and romantic scene.
Best of all, the University Club comes with your own personal day-of-wedding coordinator! Cindy Lee is energetic, personable, and easy to work with. She worked with us on everything from how the butter was prepared to which tablecloths looked better. Cindy also has a fantastic list of vendors, which she offers to all her clients. We chose our photographer, chair vendor, and DJ off her list and could not have been happier with their service. Cindy is also very patient and flexible. My family and I asked so many questions and changed our minds so many times, but she remained calm and did everything she could to accommodate us. She allowed us to bring our own wine, a lot of our own decorations, and for our family to create our flower arrangements and dessert/cake.
My wedding was primarily planned by my mom and me. Both of us are big time perfectionists, so we planned every detail of the wedding. We drew pictures of how the rooms and tables should be set up, labeled all our boxes of decorations, and provided excel sheets with peoples names, the food they ordered, and who should sit next to who. Cindy was super patient with us and made sure that she understood everything perfectly.
Planning a wedding is crazy no matter what, but if you choose to work with Cindy, your wedding day will run more smoothly than you could imagine. Neither my husband nor I had to lift a finger on our wedding day. Even crazier… our wedding party did not have to help set up, tear down, etc. Two of our groomsmen, very recently married, said that this was the most relaxing wedding they had ever been to. Thanks to Cindy every detail of our wedding came out perfectly!

Profile Picture User3824722, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Planning a wedding without the assistance of a wedding planner can get a little hectic and stressful at times, as many of you brides to be will know. This is why when we first met Cindy at the University Club, we knew this was the venue for us. She was very knowledgable in all things wedding related. She is also very personable and friendly. She gave us examples/pros and cons for every option and let us decide what will work best for our wedding. She patiently answered our countless questions and went along with changes so easily. She was there on the day of the wedding to ensure everything went smoothly. All her vendor recommendations were terrific. We could not ask for more- Cindy went completely above and beyond. The prices are very competitive and you will not be disappointed if you decide to hold your wedding here.

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/6/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As the mother of the bride, whose daughter lives out of state, I thought I would be facing some challenges during the planning stages; however, the UCI University Club wedding coordinator Cindy Lee, who is armed with abundant knowledge and experience, guided us smoothly from day one until the ending of the wedding reception. Cindy was very helpful in giving us suggestions such as putting a "care" basket in the bathrooms for our guests (it included lotion, aspirins, wipes, bandages, disposable toothbrush, mints,Tide to go and etc.). Cindy suggested that we rent a golf cart to take wedding pictures in the park. The cocktail hour was held in the library room. The beautiful tall cascade of fruits and vegetables was the focal point. The bookcases were a nice backdrop for pictures. The location of the bar was conveniently located in the library. The banquet room was absolutely breath- taking especially at night: the room looked intimate and romantic. Our guests enjoyed the food and the ambience, but most importantly, everyone had a great time. Cindy did a fantastic job overseeing everything. I would highly recommend the UCI University club for its value, flexibility and its wonderful wedding coordinator-Cindy.

Profile Picture User3534036, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

The venue was very affordable, they have a nice gazebo area outside for the ceremony, and an inside dining room that caught my eye. I loved that half of the room is windows so it doesn't feel stuffy like some traditional wedding venues/ballrooms. The staff was helpful, but I will have to say...hands down, Cindy Lee, the coordinator who is included...is AMAZING! She made sure she knew all the details, our florist, who was fabulous, recommended, and had a great list of other preferred vendors. She made us feel like we'd known her for forever. She took care of all of the little details and I don't know what I would have done without her. UCI/the university club is lucky to have her as she really does care about making your day perfect and special. Ours definitely was awesome, and we owe so much of it to Cindy! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Heather , 8/4/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I have nothing but great things to say about the UCI University Club! We love the venue - from the gazebo, outdoor ceremony & cocktail patio, to the reception hall. The most awesome perk about the venue is that you get the ENTIRE space for you only. With just a few simple decor, the place transforms into an even more beautiful space!

We also LOVE working with Cindy! She is flawless - she knows every detail the day of the wedding, keeps you on point with the schedule, and if you do fall behind, she will advise you on how to get back on track. Cindy is also very prompt with your questions - I know because she answered my emails at 12 or 1am sometimes! She works hard! Cindy also makes it fun with the wedding process. She would joke around, and give us tips/ideas for the wedding timeline. With Cindy's help, we were able to enjoy our own wedding day, which is priceless!!! :)

Profile Picture User2640129, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When I first saw the University Club I thought it was slightly outdated and I was unsure of how much I liked it. This venue ended up being so beautiful, it was everything I thought my wedding would be and more! Cindy the coordinator is so amazing, she knows a lot about what she is doing and has some really great referrals for all the vendors you need. I used DJ Flo, Ven Nguyen Flowers, Jeseca's Creations (cake) and Chiavari Chairs 4 Rent. All of these were referred to me by Cindy and I received so many compliments by my guests on all them including the venue. I cannot say enough about how great Cindy is and I am so happy with the way my wedding turned out!

Profile Picture Selena, 6/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding at the UCI University Club was the best decision we made. It was so nice to have basically EVERYTHING included and taken care of in one place. The event planner, Cindy, was VERY helpful and thorough in her explanations and run-throughs. She answered all my emails in a timely manner and gave us honest and helpful advice for everything we needed. She made the wedding planning process so much smoother and less stressful for me. The catering was great and a good value. The venue itself was beautiful and just what we wanted- classy and understated in a good way. We chose to have the ceremony outdoors and the reception indoors. Everything was perfect and we couldn't be happier with our experience at the UCI Uni Club! Thanks again, Cindy!

Profile Picture Pauline, 6/1/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We could not be more excited to share our experience and to recommend the UC Irvine University Club as a wedding venue and Cindy Lee as a wedding coordinator. The University Club is a beautiful venue…you wouldn’t necessary realize how true that is visiting the banquet room on a normal day; however, the space transforms exceptionally well and looks beautiful when it is all made-up. The outdoor setting is beautiful regardless and makes for an excellent back-drop for pictures, even in winter, when we had our wedding. The thing that we appreciated most about working with the University Club (by way of its wonderful coordinator, Cindy) was its (and Cindy’s) willingness to accommodate all our wedding plans, wants, and needs.

My husband and I both have very large families and so we needed to maximize space. Cindy (with great input from our outside wedding coordinator, Beth Slavin) helped us design a banquet room layout that would comfortably accommodate as many adult guests as possible. The movement and flow from the ceremony outside, to the cocktail hour in the library, to the banquet room for dinner worked wonderfully – even with our very large guest list. Cindy went out of her way to help and accommodate us with this. For instance, shortly before the wedding, Cindy did a mock set-up of our table layout and emailed us pictures of the room since we couldn’t make it there that day to see and approve it. We really appreciated her extra effort and willingness to work with us to make everything perfect.

Despite the fact that this venue makes for a gorgeous wedding and is exceptionally accommodating, it is very reasonably priced…from renting the venue, to the catering, to the value that Cindy adds as a wedding coordinator…we are convinced that we couldn’t have had a wedding nearly as nice as ours was for the price we paid anywhere else in Orange County. It is our pleasure to recommend the University Club.

Profile Picture User3370352, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is so nice, affordable, and the food is great.
They have the outdoor grassy area with a beautiful white gazebo (As the bride, I personally loved the LONG walkway too). And then guests can step right inside the venue for cocktails in the library room. This room is nice and cozy with a fireplace, a grand piano, and a full bar. Then you get your reception room with elegant lighted drapes on the ceiling and one side of the room is just glass (with the lighted trees outside, it makes the room look so romantic at night). UCI Club also gives you the option to place colored uplights to the corners of the room (we chose blue lights!).
But most of all, my husband and I were absolutely fortunate with Cindy, the wedding coordinator there. The first time we met her we could tell she had plenty of experience with weddings and then on our wedding day, she exceeded our expectations. She was on-spot every moment, took care of everything and everyone!, the timing was together, always assured us on what's to come next, even put our candy station together just as we wanted. Shes super nice and made the day so easy for us.
I would recommend this place to all future brides! You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Michelle, 1/20/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding here on 10-6-12. Everything turned out perfectly thanks to our wonderful coordinator, Cindy @ UCI University Club. Cindy takes time to make sure that everything is well thought out and coordinated. She has the best referrals for vendors. The food was amazing and very affordable; we received many complements on how delicious the food was. My husband and I made the best decision by have our wedding at The University Club at UCI. Cindy is the best

Profile Picture Miriam, 10/6/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding this past August at the Uclub and would definitely recommend it. The site itself is beautiful--we had an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception and were pleased with how it all turned out on the wedding day. The food was great and plentiful and everyone enjoyed it. Cindy Lee the coordinator is amazing as she helps you plan and setup all the details prior to the wedding. Day of she kept on top of everything we didn't have to lift a finger! The vendor list Cindy provided for us was also extremely helpful and we followed most of her suggestions. Level of service I would say the Uclub is definitely top notch and with Cindy and her staff running the show there you will not be disappointed. In terms of value, we got so much 'extras' that came with the package that other venues would otherwise charge or charge much more. I highly recommend the UClub to any future bride and groom!

Profile Picture Alice, 8/24/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The food and service here was great!!! Everyone is still telling me about how much they enjoyed the food. It was well prepared and the servers were very professional.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/9/12, 4 Reviews