55 Reviews for Distinctive Wedding Ceremonies

Single Religion (1)
Customized Vows (1)
Licensed (1)
No Denomination (1)

Thank God for Rev Carolyn! Due to the brides mother being diagnosed with a terminal illness, the wedding had to be moved to Tennesee (we are in Michigan). It had ro be planned for within the week. I called Rev Carolyn and she guided me through it all! I was frantic and stressed to say the least but she was there for me every step of the way!! The brides Mom was too weak to travel and Rev Carolyn drove 30 minutes to where the brides Mom lives to perform the ceremony. She is truly amazing and I was blessed to have found her! I will be forever grateful, and could not have done it without her!

Profile Picture Kim, 2/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Carolyn is the best! She is very thorough and even thought of a couple of things that we had missed. She is very considerate, well spoken, and always has a smile on her face. She has been a real blessing to us!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I were married by Rev Carolyn in Tennessee in March and we have nothing but good things to say. Before we hired Rev Carolyn, I had hired a minister that contacted me once about the price and then was impossible to get ahold of and I was afraid that all ministers would be the same, but then I found Rev Carolyn. From my first phone conversation with Rev Carolyn I knew that I was in good hands. My husband and I both agreed that we did not want a traditional service and Rev Carolyn was very accomidating, providing me with pages and pages of wedding service ideas. My husband and I loved going through the potential services and were so pleased to find our perfect service in the packet that Rev Carolyn sent. The day of the wedding was more than perfect. Rev Carolyn was amazing and we couldn't have asked for anyone better. Both my family and my husband's enjoyed Rev Carolyn, and I got so many comments on how beautiful our personalized service was. As a new bride, I know how hard it is to put together a wedding, and how important your vows are. My husband and I encourage you to talk with Rev Carolyn! She helped make our day perfect and I know that she will make yours perfect as well!

Profile Picture Meagan, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We loved every single bit of the ceremony and everything Rev Carolyn done for us. She gave us advice where it was our first wedding and helped guide us through any questions we had along the way. She saved us tons of money by telling us about the marriage preparation course available which we were really wanting to do before marriage and thanks to her we could afford it. She is a great listener and is excellent at what she does. She answered every time I called. Words really can’t express just how happy we are.
Thank you so much everything! The wedding was exactly what we were hoping for and then way more! You, Carolyn, are amazing! From the time I found you, I knew that their was no better fit for me and him for our special day. Heaven sent! My groom thought you were awesome and that I picked the perfect person for us.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination, Single Religion

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with both Reverend Carolyn and Reverend Lora Beth; both of them were extremely sweet and professional. Being from out of state, it was difficult for us to find officiant services at a reasonable price. Luckily, I happened across Distinctive Wedding Ceremonies during one of my online searches and we could not have asked for a better officiant for our wedding. I would certainly recommend them!

Profile Picture Kaylin, 8/29/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Claiborne provided an amazing unforgettable ceremony for our wedding. The setting was as beautiful as the service and her words touched our hearts. We can not thank her enough or recommend her services enough to repay the joy and happiness she legitimized for us today. Thank you in every way possible
Our New Family

Profile Picture User5058808, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Out of all of the tasks for our wedding, finding the officiant seemed the most daunting. My husband and I do not belong to a church and we are not very religious, but we wanted something more than a standard justice of the peace wedding script. It was important to us that we found someone who would be willing to listen to our ideas and help us to craft something that would fit our personalities and beliefs. We are so glad we found Rev. Carolyn and Distinctive Wedding Ceremonies! Rev. Carolyn was very responsive. After a few phone calls and email exchanges, we knew she was the right choice. She provided some great information and helped us to finalize the ceremony in plenty of time. Rev. Doug conducted the actual ceremony, and he was great! Our ceremony was exactly what we wanted! We would highly recommend Distinctive Wedding Ceremonies!

Profile Picture User5081535, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Carolyn made everything so easy, but it was incredibly special. Her ceremony was so perfect, and felt so personal. We could not have been more pleased. I'm thrilled that we found Carolyn. I would recommend her services completely and without reservations.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Working with Rev. Claiborne to perfect all of the details involved in our wedding was a wonderful experience. She was thorough, professional, and so kindly spoken! Rev. Valerie was the officiant at our wedding, and she did an amazing job! Thank you so much, Distinctive Wedding Ceremonies!

Profile Picture Joanna, 4/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

They truly made my day special. People have told me it is the best ceremony they been to because it was so detailed. It was customized and unique to our culture and values. I would recommend this vendor to anyone!

Profile Picture Fatiah, 4/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Claiborne did an amazing service for us and I would highly recommend her. My husband, myself, and our baby were the only attendees with no guests and she made sure her friend took pictures for us so we could have memories from our special day. She was very flexible and was willing to do our ceremony on Easter Sunday with only a few days notice. Thanks Rev Claiborne!

Profile Picture User4984882, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Carolyn was the absolute best choice for us as an officiant to preside over our wedding. As a lesbian couple our first thought was that we wanted to be completely comfortable with the person officiating our wedding. She went above and beyond to find out stuff about us and our relationship to make us comfortable. She called and spoke with each of us and kept up with us right up until the wedding. She even came to our requested location which was up at the top of a mountain. We had a phenomenal experience with her. She was very professional and all around perfect. I would highly recommend her to anyone I know who needs an officiant to do their wedding.

Profile Picture User4620608, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Claiborne was very responsive and professional, as well as warm and personable. She was sensitive to our needs and traveled to another state to perform our ceremony, as our marriage is not legal in our home state. She had a back-up plan in place in case of inclement weather, which, luckily, we didn't have to use, but it was nice to have the security. With her several choices of ceremony styles, I can recommend her services to all couples.

Profile Picture Lori Ann, 11/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

First off Rev. Carolyn is a lifesaver.Our original officiant was not going to be able to attend, and he decided to tell me this 4 days before the wedding. PANIC MODE. That night we started the hunt for someone new and my stepmom found Distinctive Wedding services. Well I called them the next day, and was able to directly speak with Rev. Carolyn. Thankfully she was available, otherwise I don't know what we would have done! We talked over the phone and through email through the next few days figuring out how to do the ceremony. She also gave advise and suggestions to make the ceremony last just a little longer, and other handy advise that I don't think anybody else would have thought of. SHe is a lifesaver and my now husband (!!!!) and I thank her very much. SHe is super professional and knows what she is talking about. Even though we had an extremely short time to get things together, because of her we were able to get it done and have an absolutely wonderful ceremony. She offers many of services and I highly recommend her to anyone who is getting married.

Profile Picture taylor, 10/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

They made our wedding perfect they were lovely I could of not asked for a better service. We originally were gonna have a pig ion forge wedding but got ripped off and the rev preacher never called back after we payed and refused to give us our money back we found u guys the ratings were correct their the best u won't regret nothing I promise love ya all thanks again Joanna and Oscar

Profile Picture Joanna, 8/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Choosing an Officiant was probably the hardest thing for my now Husband and I. Neither of us are terribly religious, and we wanted to find an officiant who embraced our uniqueness and didn't force us down a specific path. After reading many reviews and horror stories from other officiants, I finally called Rev. Caroline. I knew from the first minute I spoke with her that she was EXACTLY what we were hoping for. She spent over an hour speaking with me during our very first conversation, and it truly felt like speaking with a friend. You can tell she cares about every couple she comes into contact with, and wants to make sure that you find exactly the right ceremony for you. She had so many helpful tips and hints, and more information than I imagined existed for ceremonies.
We are so happy with how our ceremony turned out. Rev Doug was the person who actually did the ceremony, and he was just as wonderful as Rev Caroline. We had guests come up to us during the reception to tell us how beautiful they thought our ceremony and vows were. I would absolutely recommend them to my own family. Great experience!

Profile Picture Aerial, 10/13/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Carolyn was the best. She assisted Heather and I in making our Commitment Ceremony personal and reflective of us. She responded very quickly to any questions. She was patient as we worked out the details and very efficient in returning the final copy with suggestions and questions. Her layout made it really easy to have the most congruent and timely ceremony with no glitches. Heather and I had our a do it yourself ceremony at our house and the stress relief by having Rev Carolyn as our officiant is beyond words.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Both Caroline and Natalie were awesome. Helped out with everything. I'm so happy that she knew what was going on because we didn't! the experience was absolutely lovely.

Profile Picture Savannah, 5/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I couldn't have ever imagined that our commitment ceremony could have been so amazing. Rev. Carolyn Claiborne was so welcoming and so friendly. She treated Tabitha and I like she had known us for years. The ceremony was so touching and so sincere. It was the greatest day of our lives!!!!! Thank you so much for your kindness and your sincerity.

Profile Picture Shelley, 4/6/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I used Unity Minister-Officiant Services for my April 5th wedding in Knoxville, TN. I am so pleased that I did. We did a few 'interviews' with other local officiants and did not find someone that felt very flexible and comfortable to us until we spoke with Rev. Carolyn. My, now husband and I, are not religious and wanted a ceremony that would accommodate. We did not feel judged at all and were welcomed warmly by both Rev. Carolyn and Rev. Laura Beth. They made the day feel very relaxed and not stressful, they were very professional, and on time. We used the custom ceremony and paid just a bit more for it but I am glad that we did. We got to include exactly what we wanted and leave out things that did not fit us. In short, I would definitely recommend using Rev. Carolyn and Rev. Laura Beth at Unity Minister-Officiant Services to any of my friends or family thinking of getting married.

Profile Picture Alisha, 4/5/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stop looking you've found the perfect one! At least that's how I felt the first time I spoke to Rev. Carolyn. She worked with me to craft a beautifully unique ceremony. The utmost in professionalism, excellent service, and communication. Wonderful.

Profile Picture User3111936, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev Carolyn Claiborne performed a beautiful spiritual ceremony on our wedding day. She was very careful to assist us with any questions or concerens we had and her quidance was professional and gracious

As a Bride to be, there were many details i didnt hjave clarity on and Carolyn helped me choose the most simple yet spiritual ceremony for our wedding

I would (and will) recommend Carolyn and distinctive wedding ceremonies highly as we were very pleased and happy to have the memories. Many of our friends loved the language used in the spiritual ceremony and complimented the service

Profile Picture vicky, 10/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We were so happy when we found Rev Carolyn and her services. We are more spiritual than religious so it was nice that we could have a bit of both that made our wedding ceremony so meaningful and special to us! She really worked with us to make sure that we knew everything that would happen and ensured that our ceremony would be special and unique just for us. We were married by Rev Doug who was just as wonderful and friendly. Rev Doug made us feel so comfortable, like we had known him for years! We are truly grateful and happy that we found Rev Carolyn’s wonderful services. We will never forget our wedding day!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 10/20/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had a great experience with Carolyn and Lora Beth. I was a bit nervous hiring someone I did not know and hadn't met, but it worked out perfectly. Rev. Carolyn talked to me on the phone and e-mailed with me. She is very friendly and easy to talk to and responsive. They sent us a huge amount of materials and we were able to customize our ceremony exactly as we wanted it. The reading suggestions they had were great and they were flexible about letting us add things we found on our own as well. Rev Carolyn gave us plenty of advice on how to set things up since she has experience, but in the end we got to make all of the decisions. Lora Beth, who actually officiated because she is from the area where we got married, was very nice and did a good job with the ceremony. Everything went exactly as planned. Glad I found them, and I would absolutely recommend them to others.

Profile Picture Erin, 10/14/12, 1 Review