Unique Events Reviews

Unique Events 5
Unique Events 6
Unique Events 7

Megan · Married on 09/09/2016

We were planning a surprise wedding and needed a DJ. We had been to 10 weddings in the past year and knew there were two things that HAD to be perfect: the music and the food - but mostly the music. (We're the dancing type.) After reading reviews, we decided to call Unique Events. I could not be any happier we did. We had a consultation with our DJ, Rob, the day before the wedding - we weren't sure what to expect or how things would end up but we ended up loving Rob and he ended up doing an AMAZING job.

I had several guests ask me where I found our DJ during the event and several more the day after. We got married two weeks ago and just one day ago received a thank you card from friends thanking us for including them in our special day and they specifically mentioned "the best playlist and DJ ever". Rob was the best - a perfect fit and a super professional. We could not be happier!!! I would recommend him and Unique Events in a heart beat.

Sent on 09/23/2016

Sara · Married on 09/03/2016

The best vendor we worked with throughout our entire wedding preparation and thereafter!! I've left this review on a few other sites but had to get the word out- To say these guys are awesome is a total understatement. We spoke with Riley and immediately knew these guys were quality. My now husband wasn't totally on board as far as the price tag, but he had put me in charge of the budget and I chose to spend more on entertainment and less on other areas...he went around telling my bridesmaids and family not to tell me, but that it was worth every cent! Riley ended up being our Dj and he brought Miles for lighting, the two were fantastic! We had so many comments from guests that they could not stop dancing, they loved the music and the different changes in lighting! Riley did an amazing job steering the evening events and drawing attention where and when it needed to be done. He made sure the groom and I's parents and wedding party members had what they wanted to drink. He also recalled things I had not written down but mentioned in passing, and used them for the evening, these guys don't miss a detail. They worked extremely well with our other vendors. UE totally transformed our run down venue into a beautiful reception hall. Upon our request, Riley, Miles and Bobby came to town early in the week to set up the dance floor and do our final consultation. He even travelled in 6 months prior to scope out our venue. I can't say enough great things about this team, they're able to improvise when things don't go as planned and make recommendations on many areas of your day. All the stress brought on by a wedding day went away as soon as I arrived at our reception because UE had everything under control, I HIGHLY recommend these guys, I can't say enough great things about them!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Brian · Married on 09/03/2016

I highly recommend Unique Events! They put on a great presentation, their music selection is modern & fun, and they do a great job of adjusting with the flow of the night. They also provide chair rental, which was high-quality and less expensive than renting chairs from the venue. For our wedding, we had the pleasure of working with Joe Ritland, and we couldn't have been happier. A few days before the wedding, we met with Joe for a pre-wedding consultation to develop a loose outline of how we wanted the reception to play out. This consultation was helpful because it allowed us to pick which songs we wanted to use for the various moments throughout the night, and also allowed us to highlight which songs we did NOT want played (you know, the Chicken Dance, Macarena, etc :) ) Joe was great to work with. We were very pleased with how he ran the whole event, transitioning from one moment to the next nicely. Beyond the few "classic" wedding moments, everything else was pretty unscripted, and Joe did a great job of improvising on the fly to keep the party going! 5 Stars to Unique Events, 6 Stars to Joe!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Jackie · Married on 08/27/2016

We worked with both the Unique side for gold chiavari chairs and Covington for floral. Pretty much the sky is the limit! The options we had for floral was unreal, the final product was exactly what was in our minds. It was breathtaking! They were always patient to entertain our ideas and untraditional designs. Thank you Unique!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Adam is amazing to work with. He takes your ideas and turns them into something better than you ever could have imagined. I added and changed things numerous times before I got married and they were always so nice and flexible about it. Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Covington & Company!!

Sent on 09/03/2016

Alan & Sara · Married on 08/20/2016

Riley set up everything on the front end, making sure we had the best DJ that could do an outstanding job for our special day; Travis DJ'ed for our wedding. Working with both of them was a pleasure; great communicators, top notch professionalism, and helpful in any way needed. A week before for our consultation, we were unable to meet Travis in person; instead we set up a Skype call. As this Skype call progressed, we knew we were in good hands with him. He made sure every little detail was covered: order of events, do and don't plays, etc. It took two attempts to start the ceremony as we had a brief rain delay. Going the extra mile, he grabbed rags and towels and went out to help dry chairs! His flexibility went as far to handle a special song request for each wedding party pairing entrance as well as a last minute request by our flower girl to have a song entrance of her own. Not only is he a good DJ, but we were told a magnificent bartender since he made sure wedding party folks were plenty hydrated. With barely knowing us, he tailored the nights songs to what filled the dance floor.

Overall, music was important to us for entertainment and they did a phenomenal job. Kudos to Unique Events!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Kari · Married on 08/12/2016

We used Unique Events for a DJ at our wedding. Travis was awesome!! He took control of the night right when he got there which took a lot of stress off of me and I could just focus on getting married and enjoying my friends and family. Our wedding was outdoors and he did the music for the ceremony. It down poured 10 minutes before our ceremony was suppose to start. It didn't last long, but it was questionable if it was going to rain again. It looked like we had just enough time to fit our ceremony in so Travis politely rushed our guests outside and we had the outdoor wedding we dreamed about. I love to dance and it was important to me that I could dance the entire night, and thanks to Travis, I did!! He read the crowd perfectly and played songs that kept my friends dancing with me! He kept guests informed about what was happening such as shuttles and speeches so that they didn't miss anything. We didn't have a traditional wedding. I had an idea of what I wanted and Travis made that a reality. I would highly recommend calling Unique Events for anyone looking for a Dj!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Mallory · Married on 08/06/2016

Riley was our wedding reception DJ in Des Moines, Iowa and was beyond outstanding!! From the planning to the party, Riley was professional, prepared, fun, and personable. He kept our dance floor packed from the time the dinner was finished until the reception ended at midnight. While playing the music, organizing the reception events such as first dances, and rounding up the wedding party, Riley still found time to bring myself and my husband drinks and check in with us to make sure he was doing all he could to make our reception the amazing, fun, and unforgettable party that it was. Thank you to Riley and Unique Events for the wedding reception memories we will cherish forever!

Rhonda · Married on 08/06/2016

We interviewed several DJs and Riley from UE stands out far about the rest from the interview process until the reception. He was VERY personal and wanted to get to know exactly what our expectations were for our daughter's wedding reception. I can honestly say he exceeded our expectations. Several people commented on the great music that was played (all songs were picked up UE we did not submit a play list) and the dance floor was packed the entire evening! Riley definitely made a huge impression on our family and we would hire him over and over! UE did a great job helping us and our guests celebrate our daughter's wedding! Thank your Rile and UE for a remarkable evening!

Ryan · Married on 08/06/2016

Riley was a fantastic DJ! Not only did he did he keep our dancefloor full for 4+ hours, but he gave my wife and I advice on the best ways to handle talking to everyone at the reception while still being able to be on the dancefloor as much as possible. Not to mention that he checked in with us multiple times throughout the night to make sure we had everything that we needed and were having fun! I would highly recommend his services if you are looking for a DJ in the Des Moines area!

Ann · Married on 08/06/2016

Recommended by friends, recommended to you, Unique Events of Iowa was truly the finest in presenting professional service and simply the best music to keep our wedding reception guests dancing the entire evening! DJ Travis Hempstead opened our party with a perfect welcome, made kind introductions and kept the events of the night in sync seamlessly. He was passionate in performing a good show. Absolutely the best, we were truly happy to have worked with him and those at UE. Bravo!

Sent on 08/20/2016

Mike · Married on 08/06/2016

Thank you to Unique Events for making our daughter's wedding reception one to remember. They made an important part of their day awesome. The dance floor was packed the entire night and my daughter and son in law had a great time along with all of our guests. They made every part easy and everything flowed with out hesitation. They helped out whenever something needed done! They helped in planning the bridal party entrances to what songs we played at the very end. I HIGHLY recommend Unique Events!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Patty · Married on 08/06/2016

Unique Events was referred to us by our videographer and a friend who has used their services in the past. They did NOT disappoint! Riley was courteous and prompt in his responses and patient with us as we selected which of their services best suited our reception. Riley drove an hour out of his way to the Quad Cities to meet us for our consult appointment to ensure set up and execution went smoothly the evening of our event. Travis was our DJ, and we could not have loved him more! He was extremely professional and absolutely over exceeded our expectations. The flow of the evening went off without a hitch - one event moved seamlessly into the next. The music was loud all night, the dance floor crowded, and our guests happy! Travis did an amazing job communicating with us all evening and even stayed past his expected finish time. We utilized DJ service and dance floor lighting. We would not have changed a thing! A million kudos to Unique Events - you surely excel at your craft! We are so fortunate to have had you be apart of our wedding.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2016

We were on the fence on whether we wanted to have a DJ at our wedding initially but after several recommendations we decided to go with Unique Events and Bobby as our DJ...BEST DECISION EVER! Everything was flawless from the planning to execution and Bobby was SO easy to work with (and a super cool guy!). If you're on the fence whether to have a DJ or not or just deciding between DJ services, you will not regret going with Unique Events (and especially Bobby!).

Sent on 01/30/2017

LEAH · Married on 07/30/2016

Covington & Company was VERY HELPFUL in helping us plan our daughters wedding on July 30th 2016. We were amazed at how beautiful it was decorated and their services are top notch! The flowers were so gorgeous and arranged so beautifully! So amazed at their attention to every detail and making sure her day was over the top! The staff was very professional and courteous!! Highly recommended! Thank you Covington & CO :)

Sent on 08/04/2016

Hannah · Married on 07/30/2016

From beginning to end Unique Events was by far the best choice we made for our big day. Riley worked with us on so many details that we didn't even initially think of. He had great advice and ideas that worked perfectly with what we wanted. We went with the DJ service, photo booth and up-lighting which was all of the highest quality. From the first consultation (which was fun and entertaining) to the wedding day I was extremely impressed with the passion and talent Riley put into making our day completely perfect for us. During the big day Riley kept things moving very smoothly, checked with us before moving to the next activity and reminded me of things I needed to do while my head was everywhere at once. The photo booth had a great attendant who was fun, upbeat and all smiles. I highly recommend Unique Events - they will 100% take care of your day exactly how you want it!
    - Hannah & Charlie

Sent on 08/04/2016

Katelyn · Married on 07/30/2016

Words cannot even begin to describe how thankful I am that we booked Unique Events to DJ for our wedding reception. My new husband and I were trying to graduate from college in Ames and plan a wedding in Cedar Rapids for two months after graduation and I was a little worried as to how I was going to make it all come together with planning from a distance. Right from the start Unique Events was there to help and do whatever they could to make the planning easier. From our initial consultation, I could tell that they knew what they were doing and would be worth the money to help the wedding go smoothly. The week of the wedding we met with our DJ, Travis, and when I left that meeting I felt 100% ready for the wedding because he had a timeline and I knew I was in good hands. The whole night of the wedding, Travis was constantly checking with Zach and I to see what we needed to make the night better for us. Unique Events is most definitely worth the money!!! We also booked the photobooth through them and it was a HUGE hit. I have so many wonderful picture from that night of people in the photobooth and am so happy we chose to have this at the wedding!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Carsten · Married on 07/17/2016

From the initial interview with Riley to the day of the wedding with Travis Hempstead everything about our experience with Unique Events was terrific. The bistro lights looked amazing but what we were really impressed with was Travis' service. He went above and beyond our expectations to make the ceremony/cocktail hour/reception flow seamlessly. He and our wedding coordinator Jaclyn went out of their way to help the caterer serve the wedding party drinks throughout the evening and kept the dance floor moving all night! If we had to do it all over again we would definitely use Travis and Unique Events. Thanks guys!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Jon · Married on 07/16/2016

Unique Events was terrific to work with. From the initial meeting to the end of the reception they took care of everything. Travis Hempstead was the emcee for the evening. The night started off with a live "Big Band" which allowed Travis to interact with the wedding party and guests, serving drinks, taking requests, and generally running the show. After the band finished their final number for the evening, the party continued without missing a beat. Travis's high energy mix rev'd up dance floor and the place was rocking. Everyone was having such a great time we asked Travis to stay an extra hour and we were so glad we did. The dance floor was full to the very end. Hats off to Unique Events! The best compliment I can give is the we thoroughly enjoyed the evening and never had to worry about a thing! Thanks for helping make our daughter's and son-in-law's day so special!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Julie · Married on 07/16/2016

Unique Events is the best!! Travis Newell was the DJ for our July wedding and we had so many compliments from guests saying it was the best wedding they have been to! He kept people on the dance floor all night, took pictures for us and kept everything moving along. We couldn't have asked for a better evening!!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Dan & Brandi · Married on 07/09/2016

You can't find a better DJ than Travis Hempstead! From consulting with us about the music, to completely emceeing our reception and making sure everyone was entertained and knew what was going on! He coordinated the wedding party entrance, cutting of the cake, first dances and speeches, which made it easy and stress free for us to enjoy the reception knowing Travis has everything under control. 100% worth it to get a top notch DJ like Travis and know your event is in good hands!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Michelle · Married on 07/02/2016

The services provided by unique events for our wedding were amazing! Riley is an awesome DJ who does more than expected of him! The photobooth is so much fun and the uplighting made the room look fabulous. I would definitely recommend using Unique Events if you want a smooth and fun reception!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Unique Events helped make our wedding so memorable! Travis and Riley were both so great to work with and had such good ideas!

We rented chairs from UE and they made it so easy. They dropped all of them off at our venue and helped set them up and then picked them up the next day! We didn't have to do anything. The uplighting that Riley suggested made the room look so beautiful! It didn't even look like the same place! We also used the Covington & Co side of the business and they put up the most beautiful backdrop I've ever seen! It was perfect!

Marcos was our DJ and he did such a great job! He helped keep everything moving to ensure we stayed on schedule. He was also able to read the crowd really well and kept everyone dancing all night!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Renae · Married on 06/25/2016

We met with our DJ, Travis Hempstead, before our reception. He was very professional and full of ideas. He definitely put this bride at ease. During our reception I never once had to worry about the entertainment. He made our evening a very fun and enjoyable experience. I would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/01/2017

J · Married on 06/25/2016

Book them! They truly made our day extra amazing! Our family and friends were on the dance floor immediately and stayed there all night. Riley was awesome and exuded a ton a passion in making our wedding so wonderful and memorable!

Sent on 07/07/2016