Unique Events Reviews

Unique Events 5
Unique Events 6
Unique Events 7

annie · Married on 07/29/2017

My husband and I went to Unique events for a DJ and got so much more! We were so grateful for Travis on our wedding day. We knew from our consultation that we would have nothing to worry about when our day came but what Travis did for us was more than we could have expected! From the second he arrived he was settling battles that we never saw. Travis made sure everything ran smoothly starting with our ceremony by making sure our bridal party, pastor and ourselves were all on the same page and knew queues. Even during dinner, music wasn't just played, Travis was making sure my husband and I had everything we needed and keeping us on schedule. He really knows how to run the show and we are so thankful he was able to run our large wedding so smoothly. And of course the dance floor was packed from the beginning until the very last song...and he even had to compete with fireworks at one point! Travis was simply the best and we can't say enough great things about Travis and Unique Events. THANK YOU!

Sent on 08/05/2017

charles · Married on 07/22/2017

Unique Events was amazing from the time we booked them until the end of the reception. Joe was our DJ and we must have changed the reception plans with him three times the day of the event. He rolled with every change and the reception was perfect. I could not have been happier or more grateful, and I would highly recommend Unique Events to all my friends and family.

Sent on 08/06/2017

Torry · Married on 07/22/2017

Unique Events did a fantastic job at our wedding reception in July! We hired Unique Events to DJ our reception and to provide a photo booth for our guests. They were so easy to work with and the level of service they provided was incredible. The Photo Booth was very high quality and Unique Events provided so many props for our guests to use in the photos. The photo booth was a big hit with our guests and we enjoy having the flash drive Unique Events gave us containing every photo taken during the reception. In addition, we could not have been more pleased with our DJ, Riley. His professionalism and skills as a DJ were amazing. Any request we asked of him in the lead up to the wedding, he promptly replied to and exceeded our expectations with the service he provided. Most importantly, Riley made sure the timing of everything at our reception was perfect and that the dance floor was packed from start to finish with guests of all ages. We cannot recommend Riley and the team at Unique Events enough for your upcoming wedding!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Kathi · Married on 07/15/2017

We have used Unique Events for 2 of our daughter's weddings, once in 2014 and again in July of 2017. I cannot say enough good things about them and their top notch service from beginning to end. Travis is so professional and truly goes the extra mile. All of our daughters are married but if we had one more I would definitely call Unique Events!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Meggie · Married on 07/15/2017

Unique Events is worth every penny, and more!! Travis Hempstead was the DJ at my sisters wedding 3 years ago so when it was time to book a DJ for our wedding there was NO conversation on who to hire, it was a complete no brainer. Riley made us feel so comfortable and excited on the front end and when the day got closer Travis took over and made us feel even better! I cannot express to you how amazing this company is and how well they do their job. Thanks to them we were able to fully enjoy and relax for our wedding day and reception. When the reception was close to ending everyone was still out dancing and didn't want it to end, which is just another testament to how great they are! BEST DJS EVER! I would recommend them 1000 times over!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Morgan · Married on 07/14/2017

We have been to many weddings before our own and quickly found out that hiring the right DJ was an extremely important decision in the wedding planning process. A friend referred us to Travis Hempstead and the rest of the Unique Events team. My husband and I are completely grateful for the service that Travis provided us throughout our wedding. Not only was everyone on the dance floor ALL night, but he worked with our wedding coordinator to help create a flawless experience. We HIGHLY recommend Travis and the rest of the Unique Events team for your wedding because we know just as much as you that your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life and you want only the best!!

Sent on 08/20/2017

SAMANTHA · Married on 07/01/2017

There aren't enough words to sing the praises the Unique Events team deserves! First of all, they are a one-stop-shop for your wedding day needs; we utilized them for their DJ services (shout out to Riley for being the best DJ in the land), reception decor, and flowers - all of which exceeded my expectations ten-fold. The existing reviews for the entire Unique Events team speak to the finished product they deliver, which is obviously top-notch (and I agree), but I also wanted to speak to the experience we had with them leading up to our wedding day. I work in customer service and have high expectations when it comes to customer-facing rapport and service experience; every single member of the Unique Events team blew me away with their compassion (and passion), responsiveness, flexibility, and -most importantly - ability to hear, understand and execute exactly what we wanted. Not only was it a breeze to work with everyone, it was a genuine pleasure. Thank you, to everyone at the UE team, for everything you do!!

Stacy · Married on 07/01/2017

I would recommend Unique Events and all their services to EVERYONE. They were so easy to work with in spite of the many changes I made. We used Unique Events DJ services, Decorating services and their Flower services. They made the planning so much easier and every detail was perfect the day of my daughters wedding.

• MeganM

Megan · Married on 07/01/2017

Working with Unique Events was fantastic. We hired them to be our DJ, provide our photobooth, and to rent chairs and lighting. They were professional, prompt, and we had SO MUCH FUN dancing at our wedding. Everyone was on the dance floor, from my grandparents to my college friends. Plus they kept things running smoothly and made sure we made it to our sunset portraits on time ! Overall, Unique Events is a fantastic events team and I can't recommend working with them enough.

Sent on 08/06/2017

Mikayla · Married on 06/24/2017

We booked Unique Events for DJ service and uplighting. We originally met with Travis who was very nice and helpful, however Joe did the actual lighting and DJ services at the wedding. He was great! He was super helpful prior to the wedding when we had our consultation. As soon as the father-daughter dance had finished, he had the dance floor full of guests enjoying their evening. The dance floor never emptied until the end of the reception. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding and would hire him again in a heartbeat!

laura · Married on 06/24/2017

We worked with Travis and the Unique Events team for almost a year while planning our summer wedding in the Quad Cities. We have nothing but praise for their work and would not hesitate to recommend UE’s services to others planning a special event.

We elected to work with Unique Events after a disappointing experience with another event planning group whose fee structure and policies were ambiguous, at best. From the outset, Travis and his team of event designers were responsive to our questions and took our interests, tastes, and goals for the wedding into consideration. UE worked within our budget to design and execute a truly outstanding event that felt personal, elegant, and seamless. A number of the vendors and countless guests have reached out to us with compliments for UE's exceptional service and design work.

My partner and I planned the wedding from out of state, and therefore assigned a lot of responsibility to UE to manage not only their own design elements (incl. ceremony & reception decor, lighting, floral, linens, and numerous rentals) but also to oversee the "day-of" operations of eight other vendors.

Throughout the planning process, Travis' communication with us was prompt, clear, and courteous. He went above and beyond to ensure that the details we discussed were accounted for in revised proposals and came prepared with questions and ideas to our conversations. He and the day-of coordinators even went so far as to meet with me (and one of the other vendors) at the venue three weeks before the wedding for a detailed walk through of the design and event timeline.

The coordinators, Ashley and Hannah, also provided exceptional service on the day-of, working tireless from 7am through midnight to liaise with vendors, party members and guests, and to attend to issues that arose. We were deeply impressed with their attentiveness and demonstrated capacity.

Thank you so much, Unique Events! We couldn’t have done it without you.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Michele · Married on 06/24/2017

Riley,
    We are very grateful that you were a part of Madison & Mitch’s wedding day on June 24, 2017!
    Madison & I knew from the day we heard your voice at the Kirkwood Wedding Expo that you were the one we wanted to DJ their special day! Helped a little that you called my name as winning a door prize too…. JK! We appreciated all your suggestions and help with picking out the music, especially with the wedding party entrance selection! Brian was very surprised & excited by the interruption of the daughter/father slow dance to one of his favorite songs by USHER!
    If Brian/I weren’t responsible for Miss Macy (granddaughter) that night we would have loved for you to play longer that evening as our guest were having such a GREAT time! We have been told many times that we know how to throw a party & I believe that the DJ/music/dancing is a HUGE part of hosting a successful event! We had the 8 Seconds Band for our 25th anniversary! They were awesome too!
    We will continue to share your name & Unique Events business with family & friends!
    Thank you for going above & beyond in making this an extra special day for Madison & Mitch!
    With Much Appreciation,
    Michele Olesen & Madison Wantock

Sent on 07/11/2017

Scott · Married on 06/24/2017

Joe Ritland did a GREAT job as the DJ for my son's wedding!! He played a wide variety of music and kept the dance floor full and jumping the WHOLE time. One things I especially liked was that Joe did not feel the need to incessantly chatter between songs. I would highly recommend Joe to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Jordan · Married on 06/03/2017

We used Unique Events for our DJ for our wedding. Riley did an OUTSTANDING job making sure not only the music was awesome and everyone was enjoying themselves but also making sure everything ran smoothly and was exactly what we wanted. We left our entire music selection up to him, just told him we wanted it to be fun and upbeat and he did exactly that. Not to mention he is a super cool and way easy to get along with. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any event and a great time!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Carolyn · Married on 05/28/2017

At our wedding, it was our priority to provide a relaxed, fun, and energetic atmosphere. We wanted our guests to dance...period. Finding the right MC/DJ was going to be the key to making that happen. We left our first meeting with Unique Events knowing this decision was going to be easy. That being said, we met with two other DJs that confirmed what we already knew. Unique Events' attention to detail, superior equipment, and emphasis on energy and flow set them apart. Our guests packed the dance floor from start to finish. We actually had to move tables to make more room for dancing. It was perfect! Unique Events provided the ingredients and set the tone for an evening that my groom and I (and probably our guests) will never forget. Special thanks to Riley for being the best DJ ever! It was a pleasure to work with you.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Alex · Married on 05/27/2017

Avery was our DJ and we were extremely pleased with the whole experience, we had so much fun! He was an excellent and reliable contact during the planning process and he respected and played all of our top requested songs. We weren't sure how our love for EDM and house music would go down on the big day but he crafted the most tasteful combinations to cater to our guests and then played more towards our personal preferences towards the end of the night. Avery is a very much recommended choice for anybody's wedding! - Alex & Ellyn 5/27/17

Sent on 06/07/2017

Jillna · Married on 05/20/2017

We absolutely loved working with Unique Events and Bobby as our DJ! Riley worked with us for about a year and a half and was always prompt when responding to emails about any questions that we had. We used UE for our uplighting, pin spot lights, chairs and DJ services. We couldn't have imagined our day without their services. Bobby met with us to go over what we expected from him as a DJ and even though he didn't have much experience with Bollywood songs, he did a phenomenal job at our reception. People were dancing till the very end! We would definitely recommend UE for any couple getting married!!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Megan · Married on 05/13/2017

Our wedding was last night and found it important and necessary to leave a review of Unique Events as soon as possible. This company knows EXACTLY how to keep people entertained and the party continuing all through the night. Not only will they make sure you're comfortable before the big day, they will take care of you throughout your entire night to make sure you have the time of your life! They are extremely well-orangized and will help you every step of the way. Our DJ was Riley and I cannot express to you how wonderful he was. Please deeply consider hiring this company for your next event; you will NOT regret it. I promise you.

Sent on 05/14/2017

Megan · Married on 05/13/2017

Unique Events was amazing! My husband and I recently used UE for both our wedding ceremony and reception. We could not have been happier with the service they provided, before and during our big day! Our DJ, Rob was well-prepared and was very accommodating when we asked to make a few changes with the dance the day of the event. He kept us on schedule throughout the day and our guests well entertained throughout the evening. There was never a time the dance floor was empty! Thank you UE for your service!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Katy · Married on 05/13/2017

We really enjoyed working with Unique Events and loved the comprehensive services they offered! They were incredibly friendly and helpful during the wedding process!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Nick · Married on 05/06/2017

My wife and I just recently used Unique Events for our wedding, and could not have been more impressed with how smooth the process was. We worked with Riley, and his passion for what he does is evident. He coordinates the timing of events and makes sure that the music being played gets people out on the dance floor. The photo booth was also a huge hit. All in all, very professional and would not hesitate to use UE again!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Ty · Married on 05/06/2017

Travis did an excellent job at our wedding. We couldn't of asked for anything better. He was on top of everything and let us know exactly where and when to be without causing any stress. He was also very helpful replenishing any refreshments when needed. The dance floor was crowded all night and the guests loved the atmosphere. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Matt · Married on 04/29/2017

Rob was an absolutely amazing DJ! He not only took the time to meet us ahead of time to plan our wedding down to each specific song, he also helped us figure out the flow of the wedding from the beginning to the end. The wedding reception lasted until the wee hours because of his unbelievable skill and professionalism. Thanks again!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Jamie · Married on 04/22/2017

Unique Events was extremely easy to work with and very quick to respond to any questions I had! I felt very at ease having them run the show, and never keeping our guests waiting. The bistro lighting was elegant, fairy-tale like, just phenomenal. And the barn wood tables made the best head table I've ever seen :)

Sent on 04/28/2017

Mitchell · Married on 03/25/2017

My wife and I were very thankful for everything that Unique Events did up to and the day of our wedding. We worked with Riley and he was truly amazing we can't thank him enough for everything that he did for us. He was willing to go the extra mile just to make everything on our special day the very best. I can't thank him and Unique Events enough for everything.

Sent on 04/05/2017