Unique DJ Entertainment Reviews

89 | Saint Johns, FL

89 Reviews for Unique DJ Entertainment

Jessica · Married on 05/29/2009

They are great. they were there for any questiong or change i need, They made my wedding go great. If you need a dj for any event i would recoment them. They did my wedding and made everyone be active thoughtout the night. thank ya so much

Sent on 06/06/2009

Elisabeth · Married on 05/23/2009

Unique DJ Entertainment did a great job at providing our wedding with fantastic entertainment. The Dj was available anytime i needed to meet with him and was always willing to help with any suggestions. He also was very open to my wants and needs and did a great job of following through with everything. They looked very professional and even went out of the way to match our wedding colors. I highly recommend this company. They are great people that do great work.

Sent on 06/06/2009

Lorie · Married on 05/09/2009

Unique DJ Entertainment was available before our wedding to help us pick out music and gave us a few great ideas for our wedding reception. The DJ's were on time and very professional. Everyone at our wedding commented on how much fun they had and how great the DJ's were. I would highly recommend Unique DJ Entertainment if you are planning any type of party/event. These guys made our special day even more special for us because everyone had such a great time! These guys will make sure your party/event is everything you want it to be!

Sent on 06/25/2009

Kyle · Married on 03/14/2009

I would highly recommend Unique Dj Entertainment to anyone in Jacksonville, St. Augustine. They were awesome and if I ever have anything come up I am definetely going to use them! James and Will are awesome. I promise you, if you chose these guys you can not go wrong!!

Sent on 04/07/2009

Ka'Tanya · Married on 02/21/2009

I would just like to say to any brides out there, if you are in need of someone that will make sure your reception goes off with out a hitch, and this is the company to call on. Very professional and the services are out standing. They will make sure that what you want to have played is exactly what you get. This is your day and Unique DJ makes sure that it is special and one that is not easily forgotten.

Sent on 04/29/2009

Jomi · Married on 03/11/2017

Amazing! Easy vendor to work with and a very humble team! They were a blast!

Sent on 04/12/2017

elizabeth · Married on 05/10/2014

William and James at Unique DJ Entertainment were the best djs we've ever seen at a wedding. They were fun, energetic, and knew how to keep everyone interested and engaged in the evening. All of our guests have been raving about how our wedding was "so much fun", "the best wedding ever", "just awesome" and William and James definitely played a big role in making the night memorable for everyone. Thank you again for everything you did.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Tereas · Married on 06/09/2013

These guys were fantastic. We only interviewed one DJ and as soon as my husband and I met them, we knew that we could trust our wedding in their capable hands. Putting together a song list was easy and the guys found all of the songs that we wanted plus more. I really liked how they worked seamlessly with the staff at Club Continental and our officiant. We even had some surprise games from them that were entertaining for our guests. Great set up. Totally professional. Excellent service!

Sent on 06/21/2013
  • Kerri

Kerri · Married on 11/11/2011

William and James were awesome! Not only were they the perfect DJ and MC. They awesome made my day special with up-lighting. It was awesome! Thanks again. William always went out of his way for me!

Sent on 11/18/2011

Jymia · Married on 05/23/2010

Very helpful. They were also able to give suggestions and were willing to work with you on last minute changes. I hired them for my wedding and went to a wedding were they were DJ and they were just as flawless and professional with me as they were there. Everyone is treated special.

Sent on 01/18/2011

Rev · Married on 09/05/2015

Creative, great service, and great flexibility in putting together a customized playist for our wedding. The MC kept the night moving, caught up on time when we were behind schedule and was very entertaining. The dance floor was busy with energy the entire wedding. We would highly recommend them to anyone in the future. If you're interested in African/European music make sure to give them advanced notice to customize your playlist.

Sent on 09/10/2015

3.5

My now husband and I were beyond thrilled with their services, but missed out on the garter removal/toss as well as the bouquet toss because they kept the party music going instead of attempting to stick to an outline of the evening. The ceremony went perfectly and what we did accomplish at the reception was fantastic as well. we would have just like to have the whole experience since this was our first marriage.

Sent on 12/16/2015

3.8
      3.0

We loved the MC for the wedding, he was great at engaging the guests and kept the night moving smoothly. However, the DJ was not as accommodating as we would have liked. My fiance created a list of wedding songs we wanted to hear during the dinner and songs during the dancing. We did not feel like he played many of those songs and played whatever he wanted. We wish he would have followed the list or played more songs like those on the list.

Sent on 03/26/2015

Alison · Married on 04/15/2017

1.6
      1.0
      0.5
      0.5

I don't even know what advise to give except - if you want to save money, hire Unique DJ. If you want your wedding experience to go according to plan and you're expecting a professional DJ, don't hire Unique DJ.
    We hired Unique DJ primarily because they were a great price and they were going to send out 2 people, an emcee and a DJ. That great price turned out to be one of my greatest frustrations of my wedding day. For starters - we were sold one 2 people, and only 1 showed up. I don't even know what happened to the other person as he didn't communicate with me before or after.
    He cut off my recessional song, my absolute favorite song. He placed a verse and got us down the aisle and then switched songs to our second song. I was honestly heartbroken.
    He totally messed up our bridal party entrance - it was like he was struggling to read. And then to top that off - he skipped a person and messed up the entry line up.
    All the fun times I was promised when I first met never happened. He stood and played music and made about 2 comments besides the intros.
    And the kicker for me was that we had a few special dance songs - I never even knew when they were coming up as he'd just start playing them. So I was left rounding people up for a special all guest dance.
    I only plan on getting married once, and I can't say the Unique DJ ruined my one special day, but the day of was definitely excruciatingly disappointing and, we had fun because of the guests and the people who were there - but it could have been 100 times better if I had had a DJ who acted like he had more experience.
    A very nice guy, but not a professional DJ to my estimation.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Unique DJ Entertainment's reply:

After so many weddings & all good reviews this is a first. We are sorry you feel this way about us & let a few issues ruin your special day. In our defense we did call you before the wedding but was hung up on twice. The 3rd time was told that we are not to communicate with you. So we could not advise that the 2nd guy had a family emergency. Shockingly right after the beach ceremony you seemed upset & stand offish like. That made things uncomfortable from the start. You gave 3 songs to be played after the ceremony: the recessional, an over flow song & a dismiss guests song. There was no way to play 3 songs in that space of time as people were transitioning to the cocktail area.
    We give all of our clients a "Wedding Planner" to fill out & advise that we will be using that same paperwork the day of. Because it will have all of the pertinent songs & names of the bridal party. It keeps us organized.
    We received your wedding planner without the bridal party names.
    Then right before the introductions, was given a sheet of paper with names not in the correct order & was told to say a short story about each person in the party . It was in a fine print & I have to admit that I didn't have my reading glasses so I did struggle a little & ended up skipping a name. However their were only 2 BM left & they only had to switch places quickly. Everyone was introduced so that was not a huge fiasco. As far as the Kicker your special dance songs were played at the times they were scheduled to be played that was on the time line. None of the 2 contact people were there to remind so that was not our fault. At the end of the night several guests came over & said they had a blast & job well done so this was really a surprise. Especially being there 2 hours before & staying 30 min after the scheduled time & was not even offered a bottle of water. It's not in our contract so that was fine. Again we apologize & we accept your criticism but we will also defend as we see fit. Thank you