Unique DJ Entertainment Reviews

89 | Saint Johns, FL

89 Reviews for Unique DJ Entertainment

Alisa · Married on 09/27/2014

I have had experience with D.J Willie and his co- workers in the past at previous bashes I have attended and when I got engaged I couldn't imaging going with anyone else. Their music selection is always wonderful and they know how to get the guests going.
    I booked them for my wedding and even though I live 2 plus hours from where they are located they had no problem coming out our way for our event. They spent the whole day at my venue, setting up early for the ceremony and staying until we were ready to shut the party down.

I was a disorganized mess prior to my wedding and barely gave D.J. Willie any direction with my what I wanted played during the reception. With literally only three suggested music genres D.J. Willie played the best music ever the night of the big event. It truly was perfect. They even did a cute game for out guests to play with us which was so fun and sweet! My guests never stopped dancing!

MC James was super personable and a hit with my guests! He was very sweet as he helped my 8 year old daughter while she made a toast and started to get shy. Both D.J. Willie and MC James coordinated with the event specialist at my venue so I literally had nothing to worry about and everything went as planned and never skipped a beat.

My guest, most of whom are from New York which may mean nothing to you but if you have been to a wedding in New York you would understand, said it was one of the best weddings they had every been to and the kept raving about the MC and DJ.

I cannot wait to have another bash that requires a DJ so we can have an excuse to have D.J. Willie provide the entertainment!

I was told later from the event coordinator that she thought that they were so professional that she would love to put them on her preferred vendor list.

If you want a stress free event with an affordable, professional and fun staff then this is the choice you want to go with! They made our day the best!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Amber · Married on 05/17/2014

My mind is still blown from the amazing experience that Unique DJ Entertainment provided to me on 05/17/2014. I could have never dreamed of having a more perfect day. Willie and James are the perfect combo, my guests are still raving about how surprised they were that there was not a second of anyone sitting around wondering when and what was about to happen, they stayed engaged the entire night. They have amazing organizational skills and I can honestly say they took control of the night and I appreciate it more than I can ever say verbally. They are an awesome company and I'd recommend them to anyone for their special day!!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Brittany · Married on 04/19/2014

One of the most important parts of any wedding is the music. It can make or break a wedding reception. Unique DJ Entertainment was beyond any expectation that I had for a DJ service. Dj Willie and Dj James were amazing from the very beginning! They were well organized from our first meeting and helped us think of stuff that we didn't even think about. The day of the wedding James and Willie both helped keep things running smoothly with our caterer and only came to me when it was time to do something. They were creative in ways to get the guests on the dance floor and kept everyone entertained with amazing music selections as well as games. My husband put together a big surprise for me with the help of Dj Willie and it was by far the best part of the night! Willie was amazing and capured the video on his cell phone for us which we greatly apprciate because no one else did. He also captured many pictures of our amazing day!! I would highly recommend them to anyone that is in need of a DJ for any event! In fact, they will be playing at my best friend's wedding in January because she loved them so much at our wedding. Can't wait to see ya'll again soon! Thank you so much James and Willie,you two truly are amazing at what you do!!

Sent on 05/17/2014

Jessica · Married on 04/05/2014

Look no further, these are the best DJs you can ask for! My husband and I recently got married and were so happy to have this pair as our DJs. Finding a DJ proved to be the hardest task we had while planning our wedding. Every other DJ we consulted with made it seem like we would be lucky to have them (in an arrogant way), but at our initial meeting with William and James they made it a point to let us know that they would be blessed to be a part of our day and not the other way around. They really took the time to get to know us and how we pictured our wedding vibe. We were very comfortable with our decision to hire them. The morning of our wedding, the weather was beautiful, birds were chirping etc.... and then about 2 minutes before I was supposed to walk down the aisle, the rain came. We had a tent up so I was surprisingly calm all things considered. James was so sweet as to hold an umbrella for each of my bridesmaids as they made their entrance through the small uncovered gap between the building and tent. When it was time for me to walk with my father, James was to the rescue again and made sure we were not rained on. After the ceremony James and William were quick to essentially rearrange the rest of the evening based on the weather and I honestly don't know what we would have done without them there to do so. William is fantastic at playing all the right music and our dance floor stayed full all night. James was amazing at being the MC with cute little stories and marriage advice which also entertained our fun crowd. All in all we really couldn't have asked for better DJs. Your DJ is more important than you may realize. What could have turned into a bridal nightmare was made into a dream wedding filled with lifelong memories and we have to give a huge thanks to William and James for that! Turns out we were the lucky ones to have them!

Sent on 04/24/2014

Brittany · Married on 03/31/2014

I sent an email message to Will and James and rec'd a response right away, anytime I had a question I got an answer and a quick one at that. They worked with all of our needs and never made us feel that they couldn't get the job done. They were confident and demonstrated that confidence through our entire experience. Their professionalism comes natural and you can tell they are all about you. During our initial meeting the four of us clicked right away! They could read our styles and music types after just a few minutes of talking WE WERE SOLD! after about 15mins the meeting turned into more of a typical Saturday with friends as if we had known each others for years. We didn't have to think any further we hired them, not because of the price (although a great price point) but because we knew our day was in good hands with these guys, they cared about our day and we could tell that. On the day of the wedding they were on time, they dressed the part not only were they styling in there event attire they wore the colors of our wedding...LOVED THAT!!! The music was clear and the Will kept everyone dancing to their favorite old skool and new school, and was very attentive to what made the crowd dance. James kept the crowd laughing and engaged and needless to say my husband and I were even surprised a few times with some of the games they pulled out of their hats. These two also offered a sense of calm, in every wedding generally something causes the bride some stress, These guys cared about that and talked me through my moment of stress as if there were just my friends trying to make sure I had a special day, we didn't pay for that service that comes natural with these guys! My guest loved them and for good reason. If I am ever in need of entertainment I wouldn't think to call anyone else. Thank you guys so much we love you and couldn't be happier that you made this day so special for us!!!!!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Heather · Married on 03/23/2014

With the planning of our wedding we ended up having to change all our vendors except one. Daniel and William were reliable and consistent throughout the whole process. Surprising special touches throughout the night made it truly memorable for us and kept our guests entertained. Someone was always on the dance floor as the music was paced wonderfully. Daniel completely took the reins and kept everything organized and running smoothly from the ceremony to the reception while keeping us advised of everything so that we could concentrate on our day and our guests without feeling the need to watch the clock. As the night went on he reorganized certain points based on the amount of guests to ensure that those things were completed before there was no one left. We will definitely be recommending them to our friends for their professionalism, courteousness, humor and affordability.

Sent on 03/24/2014

Christine · Married on 11/17/2013

These guys were the best people to work with! They were very professional, yet when they met us they opened up and are were genuine, down to earth, fun guys. PERFECT for our day! Played everything we wanted, listened to what we had to say, my husband at first didnt want a dj because they remind him of clubs, but these guys can do whatever you ask for. AWESOME AWESOME PEOPLE!

Sent on 11/27/2013

myra · Married on 11/02/2013

James and William were awesome! They played all the music that I asked for and then some. The line of communication was always open and always got a fast response. They are at the top of my list for my next big event. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Laurie · Married on 09/28/2013

Willie and James (Daniel) were fantastic with the music and kept the crowd going. I have actually known Daniel for many years and he was the only person I wanted to come and DJ for our wedding. Willie did such a great job picking out songs for some of the special parts when we couldn't think of anything to use. Daniel keeps the crowd involved and plays a few fun games with the bride and groom. They both help make our special day even better with all the wonderful music they played. Thanks, Daniel and Willie.

Sent on 10/10/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 08/17/2013

William and James were the best!!! I am so happy I chose them to be our DJ and MC. From our initial meeting we immediately clicked. They are very easy to work with and played the music that kept everyone dancing. I had very specific needs for Arabic music and Latin music and William was able to accommodate both perfectly. James kept the reception flowing and everyone had a great time. My questions were always answered and my vision for the music and dancing was exceeded. We were able to stay in our budget and also had them do up-lighting that made the room even more beautiful. I would highly recommend using Unique DJ Entertainment they are the greatest!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Celeste & Alex · Married on 07/28/2013

Best DJ's ever hands down!!! After meeting with another Dj & being very disappointed we had to continue looking. Finally we met DJ Willie & MC James & were so happy. When we met with them they made us feel comfortable it was like talking to someone we have known forever! The price was right and they made sure to keep in contact with us up until the wedding. They paid close attention to detail and made sure there was great music for everyone. They became part of our family & made the wedding so much fun, especially when they threw in some surprises. We couldnt have asked for a better night or DJ.. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 08/23/2013

Mike · Married on 07/27/2013

William and James were AMAZING!! They made this wedding so much fun. They were accommodating to everything we wanted. They even dressed up to match our theme. William's communication was perfect and responded quickly to every email I sent him. They played all the music we asked for, kept the dance floor full, and everybody was entertained the whole time. They coordinated with the caterers and reception hall to make sure everything was timed perfectly. They even brought a PA system and music player to the beach for our ceremony. And William even kept in touch after the wedding to make sure everything was going well with my wife and me. Their prices were a lot lower than I thought a DJ would be but their service was well above and beyond what we paid for. They made our wedding.

Thanks again William and James.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Heather · Married on 06/30/2013

DJ Will was very thorough and had great organization with our wedding coordinator, Danielle the entire day! He was kind and helped us with any questions all the way through the wedding planning process! The M.C. James was very fun and kept everyone entertained. He
    even threw in some surprises we didn't know
    about but that's what made it special for even us two! I recommend having them both at any wedding! The second BEST thing about them is that they are very reasonable within any budget! I know it can be hard to believe but WAY worth it! Just meet with them once and you will just love them!

Sent on 07/21/2013

Katie · Married on 04/06/2013

James and Will were amazing to work with! Not only did they keep the party going all night long, they even helped out coordinating the whole reception! They were in our budget, and repsonded to all of my e-mails right away. They are easy to work with, and if any problem occured they took care of it! I would reccomend Unique DJ Entertainment to anyone! Our wedding was beautiful, and our reception was awesome! I had so many compliments from all my guests, that it was the best wedding they had ever been to!! Thank you so much for making my night so memorable!!!

Sent on 04/19/2013

shelley · Married on 03/30/2013

William and James were awesome! These guys know how to keep the party going and can anticipate your needs. They made excellent recommendations and truly put their customers first. They seemed like they were part of our family and blended in flawlessly. They even met with us at the location before the wedding for planning. These guys are true professionals and I couldn’t have asked for more. William and James thank you so much, you really made our wedding special. Best wishes to you both!
    Captain S. Carey, United States Army

Sent on 04/08/2013
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 02/17/2013

This team is absolutely fabulous!! From the beginning they made me feel completely at ease and confident in their skills. I had a very specific vision of up-lighting and they nailed it!!! The night of our wedding they had the most awesome way of getting everyone on the dance floor, which I wont ruin their secret. They are efficient and keep the logistics of the wedding running smoothly. Its days after the wedding and I am still keeping in touch with them about how great everything was. I cant say one negative thing about them and I am 100% confident we chose the best out there!!

Sent on 02/24/2013

Kristin · Married on 02/09/2013

William and James did an amazing job at our wedding! They were organized, professional, easy to get in touch with, and fun. Our guests had a great time and the dance floor was packed the whole night. The reception went longer than scheduled (with no complaints from the dj) because we couldn't get the guests off the dance floor! Thanks William and James for helping make our day perfect.

Sent on 02/12/2013

Mr and Mrs · Married on 02/02/2013

I'm ashamed it's taken me SO long to write about how wonderful James and William were at our wedding reception! The moment we met with them I knew I wouldn't stress a bit about entertaining our guests and that everything would flow wonderfully with them in charge. I had no idea they would do that and more! Amazing personalities and ability to entertain. We can't wait to have them DJ for us again (:

Sent on 04/06/2013

Amanda · Married on 12/16/2012

These guys are the greatest! They did everything I requested, plus so much more. So many of my guests were so impressed with them. Not only did they play great music, they had fun games that included all ages. I would definitely use them again!

Sent on 12/22/2012

Denise · Married on 10/28/2012

Everyone danced my whole reception, he answered emails in a timely fashion and he made a boardwalk seem like club. Awesome DJ. I would def recommend him to any bride who has a Multi-generational reception and wants everyone to keep dancing.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Tori · Married on 10/06/2012

My wedding was only 3 hours long and I was annoyed to see what most DJ's charged. I didn't feel that what I wanted was worth the $800-$1,000 most places wanted to charge me. I was relieved when I found this company because they were very affordable.
    They ended up doing more than I had ever expected. The coordinator at my venue was not there the day of the wedding and the assistant she had standing in had never been in charge before. If we didn't have James, I don't even know how the ceremony entrances would have gone. He stood at the door telling everyone when it was their time to go. My fiancé was against hiring a DJ. He thought it was a waste of money for what little we wanted/needed. Now, he is very happy we had a DJ and we would use them again and recommend them to everyone we know. Thank you William and James for making our day great and less stressful!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Lauren · Married on 08/04/2012

They were such an awesome company to work with. They truly made the reception such a blast! My husband and I decided to do a fun "rock the reception" kind of first dance that involved our entire wedding party and our parents! They helped us refine our ideas for the dance and they came up with the perfect songs and then mixed them for us. They understood exactly what we wanted and gave us just that! I would highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 09/01/2012

Everything thing went so smoothly. I gave them my schedule for the day and they took care of everything. They even came and found us when it was time to do toasts, dances, etc. We were able to enjoy our reception and not have to worry about the logistics. The music was awesome! We met with William and talked about what we liked(and didn't like) and we gave him a list of must play songs and there was a perfect mix of music all night long! The dance floor was packed until the very last song, and they sent us off with a bang! Every guests we have talked to said they had a blast!

Sent on 07/01/2012

Alyssa & Stewart · Married on 05/25/2012

Unique DJ Entertainment did such a wonderful job at our wedding. We had had people ranging from 1-80 years old and everyone was on the dance floor at some point. I had several guests approach me and compliment the DJ that night. I am so glad that I chose them for my wedding!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Hannah · Married on 05/19/2012

These guys are AMAZING! They did everything in their power to make my wedding a success. My friends and family had a blast dancing the night away to a perfect variety of music. I would definitely hire them again if given the opportunity.

Sent on 07/04/2012