Unicoi State Park and Lodge Reviews

4.7 out of 5 rating
    4.9 out of 5 rating

Charlotte Married on 12/26/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our rehearsal dinner, lodging, and wedding reception at Unicoi. Stephanie and the event staff were so supportive and helped us sort through the finer details of planning from day one. We had limited venue options since we had a large guest count (250), but Unicoi was our first pick--Absolutely breathtaking views and accommodations. The food was amazing and catered to the different palettes, and all of our out-of-town guests were pleased with their accommodations. All of our guests were very entertained with the activities offered at the lodge. We had the best event of our lives all thanks to Unicoi! We look forward to our next visit there :)
    Alysia Married on 07/26/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Great place. The mountains are beautiful. The venue is beautiful, no one can even tell it's a state park. We had our wedding inside the ballroom and took our pictures outside for the most part. The mountains in the back were gorgeous. They really work with you on timing and dating. If you have an event they make sure no other event is conflicting. The food as absolutely amazing. My people are still talking about it 8 months later lol. A lot of bang for your buck. A little disadvantage is that you have to make sure you stay on them about keeping wanderers away from your event. It is a public state park but random people were looking in and staring at us at our wedding rehearsal. Really creepy. They're a little hesitant to redirect people because it's public but they will.
  • User1981065 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Unicoi State Park and Lodge was our rehearsal dinner venue, wedding & reception venue, and caterer. They provided tables, chairs, and linens and did all of the set-up and take-down. They were amazingly flexible with regards to layout, timing, menu, and bar services. The people were friendly, helpful, and extremely pleasant to work with. The chef was super friendly and even managed to salvage my toppled-over wedding cake without me knowing about it until later. Sarah and Jamie were the people who worked with me regarding set-up and decorations, and they were so great. They even set up Christmas trees by the fireplace the morning of the wedding.

The food was AMAZING, especially for the price we paid (we did choose your own lunch buffet). They let us specify things that were listed as "chef's choice" and even let us have breakfast for dinner at the rehearsal dinner. It was all delicious and people were really happy with the food. People were also very happy with the bartender at our reception (Maureen) because she was so friendly and pleasant and kept joking around with everyone.

The venue itself was gorgeous. The Masters Hall has high ceilings, large chandeliers, and a fireplace at one end where we said our vows. The lobby downstairs was full of Christmas trees for the Festival of Trees, and it was just generally a gorgeous place. Many of our guests stayed in rooms at the Lodge, and we were able to use the common area in Lodge A to hang out and visit with each other. It was overall a great experience, and I wouldn't change a single thing.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • User2081056 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Amazing venue. Friendly staff. This place had amazing views. The food was great and the lodge rooms were comfy.
    Ashley Married on 06/03/2017
    4.9 out of 5 rating
      4.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Unicoi was a wonderful venue for our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception site. The staff are more than accommodating and consistently went above and beyond for any request - from filling buckets for ice to helping with rehearsal and day of coordination. We had many guests from other states and countries stay multiple days at the lodge. There are so many activities available at the lodge and in Helen to keep everyone entertained that I didn't have to worry about anyone being bored. Their event staff went through a leadership transition while in the months leading up to the wedding day. Although we had to review some of the discussions to make sure we were on the same page, the staff members that now manage their wedding events are beyond top notch. They now have a beautiful trellis/arch arbor for ceremonies that completed the overall look for the event. They made the wedding day a breeze and the venue was perfect.
    We used Unicoi for rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, catering, and alcohol. Their price included everything needed for reception dinner as well from cutlery to table cloths and set up.

Unicoi State Park and Lodge's reply:

Thank you Ashley! It truly was a beautiful event and Day (thank you rain for holding out for us!) and we were privileged to be apart of the beautiful love between you and Billy as well as both of your loving families!
  • User906832 2+ years ago
    4.4 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The only reason I'm not giving them a 5/5 for everything is because of a mix up that occurred halfway to my wedding. The woman helping me plan out my event left the park without informing me. I found out through the grapevine why my emails were never getting responses about a month after she left and about two months before my wedding. Also I think to compete with other venues they should maybe consider having the price lowered for a Sunday event.

Other than the above I loved everything about the park. The service was fantastic. I was supposed to have my wedding ceremony outside; however, the bottom dropped out about two hours before the wedding actually occurred. We were able to call the park and asked them to set up chairs in a different location than the wedding reception and they did it for no extra cost to us! What service that is right? :)

The food was also incredible! They have a variety of foods, and I think they are all exceptional! They are also willing to let opt out of the dessert to provide fruits or vegetables instead if you want to do a cocktail hour, which I loved! It helped cut down some costs!

They provided decorations and I cannot say enough about the ambiance of the room! The masters ball room, which is where we had our reception, is unforgettable with the huge wrought iron chandeliers and high ceilings! The presentation of the food is also exquisit, but I will let you ask them how they can help you out with that because it if a really fun surprise for all of your guests!

I would highly recommend all of their services! I cannot thank them enough for making my wedding day unforgettable!
    Sarah L. Married on 10/15/2016
    3.1 out of 5 rating
      2.5 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    We used Unicoi State Park for our hotel block, rehearsal dinner location, and rehearsal dinner catering. The staff is very friendly and willing to work with you to set up what you need. However, response times are generally slow, and sometimes I felt like I was not getting complete responses- I would have to ask the same question multiple times before feeling like I had a full answer. Attention to detail could be improved. They served an incorrect menu item at our rehearsal dinner that seriously affected the guest experience, and I had to request 3 different versions of our final invoice before the charges were listed correctly. However, overall they have great facilities and we really enjoyed spending the wedding weekend there. It was a true highlight of the experience having a place where all of our guests could relax together outside of the wedding itself. We spent both Friday and Saturday evenings hanging out around the fire pit in the courtyard, and we are so grateful for the extra time we got to spend with all of the friends and family who were in town.