Uncle Bub's Reviews

31 | Westmont, IL

31 Reviews for Uncle Bub's

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2018

We had Uncle Bub's catered for our Wedding reception. It was AMAZING, despite being about 45 minutes away. Our guests were commenting all night about how great the food was. Everyone had plenty of food and we still had a weeks-worth of left-overs. We had beef brisket, pulled pork, and oven-roasted chicken, all of which was cooked perfectly. We also had severe gluten allergies, which were treated with great care. We ran out of Mac and Cheese the day after the party (it was the least amount of left overs), so I would recommend ordering a little more of that side, if you're considering it. They even brought mints and moist towelettes for after dinner.

Uncle Bub's also provided 2 servers and a bar tender. All 3 employees were great. They were efficient, effective, polite, and professional. The servers got my 140 guests through the buffet line quickly and packed up all the remaining food at the end of the night. The bar tender even asked to remove the tip jar that one of my guests put out for her (even before knowing that we would tip her at the end of the night).

Payment was processed easily and staff was available quickly to respond to emails.

Megan · Married on 05/11/2018

The guests at my wedding have been raving about the food that Uncle Bub's provided! Uncle Bub's is a full service catering restaurant that goes above and beyond for any event they are a part of. We worked with Marie and she was so wonderful and responsive to all the questions I had. The whole team has an impeccable attention to detail, and really takes on the role of not only the caterer but event planners. Marie and her team set everything up for us, and made the whole venue look so wonderful! Uncle Bub's is a family owned and run restaurant so they really do treat you like family once you are working with them. My special day would not have been the same without them and I can't thank them enough for all the hard work and details they provided us! I would highly recommend using them for your next event!

Caitlin · Married on 10/01/2016

We knew we wanted to have Uncle Bub’s as our caterer long before we had our initial meeting based on the recommendations we received from our venue and the reviews that we had read about their service. We knew we had made the right choice once we had our first meeting with Mark and especially after we had our tasting! Mark and his staff were incredible throughout the whole planning process! Ashley answered endless questions that I had and put my mind at ease about so many different details. Mark met me at the venue for a final walk through and to pick out linens and discuss the layout for the day of the wedding. He assured me that everything would be taken care of and I so appreciated his attention to detail. On the day of the wedding, everything went off without a hitch thanks to the professionalism and experience of his staff. My husband and I were waited on hand and foot, something that was not expected at all and such a pleasant surprise! Our guests are still raving about the food (especially the pot roast, which is the BEST) and we had quite a few “foodies” in attendance at our reception. Overall we could not have been more thrilled with the service provided by Mark and his staff- they are unbeatable! (Married 10/8/16)

Stephanie · Married on 06/10/2016

Uncle Bub's food was absolutely delicious, all of our guests from our June 2016 wedding keep raving about how great the food was. We had pulled pork, herb roasted chicken breast, Mac n cheese, green beans, and roasted red potatos, each item was fantastic and we got to bring home all the leftovers! Jerry the captain was so fantastic, he made sure we had anything we needed at our head table, and Mark the owner is just a great person to work with, you honestly feel like you are talking to an old friend when you walk in the restaurant to talk to him. I would absolutely recommend Uncle Bub's for your next event!

Uncle Bub's was one of the preferred catering vendors for our wedding venue. It was coincidental that we just happened to already have a love for Uncle Bub's! Everything from start to finish was PERFECT! The staff, setup, and food were all awesome! We had so many compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed the food! We loved everything they did for us and are so thankful we had Jerry there as our captain - he was absolutely amazing. We had an immediate connection with the owner, Mark, and he was genuinely invested in the success of our event. He also recommended Prestige Liquors for our beverages and they were incredibly easy to work with - together they made the food/drink seamless for us! Their team, from the beginning, was instrumental and we can't thank them enough!

Emily · Married on 06/14/2015

We worked with Uncle Bub's Catering for our June 2015 Wedding. My husband and I were so pleased with our wedding day because of the hard work and efforts of Bub's staff members. Mark and Marie, who coordinate many aspects of the day, were so kind and helpful. We were on a budget, and they did their very best to ensure that our wedding budget was kept in check. Also, Uncle Bub's worked with us to help make sure every detail was in place from start of our cocktail hour all the way through our reception. Marie is a fantastic event coordinator and planner; she is organized, attentive, helpful, and enthusiastic. We felt very secure on our wedding day knowing that we need not worry about any minor details.

On top of amazing catering logistics, Uncle Bub's delivered on its quality BBQ for our wedding. We chose to do a buffet with Pulled Pork, BBQ Chicken, Mac & Cheese, Salad, and other items. The pulled pork was delicious with great buns; I was also akin to the delicious potato bread rolls. I highly recommend you eat these and then sneak some to take home! :-) Our guests said they loved the food! The food was prepared and served well. Jerry, the captain, was attentive to us and made sure we were happy with the entire night. The staff was excellent, and we can't say one negative aspect of the night!

The entire experience of planning our wedding was wonderful because of the tireless efforts of Uncle Bub's. We cannot say thank you enough! They truly did a fabulous job, and we HIGHLY recommend them. Go for unique food at your wedding and choose Bub's because they are amazing.

Tricia · Married on 06/13/2015

The people at Uncle Bub's are FANTASTIC! My husband and I got married in June, and I swear the people at Uncle Bub's pretty much planned our wedding for us! They helped us answer questions that we not even related to catering! They definitely do everything they can to go above and WAY beyond what is needed.

To start, the food was amazing! It was all out guests could talk about! Everything was the perfect temperature, served at the right time, and so good! People were asking us all night long who our caterer was. When I told my guests there was a restaurant that they could go see for this food as well, they were all really excited!

They did so much more then just our food too. We were trying to figure out what time to start the ceremony, and our venue was outside. Uncle Bub's mentioned we should think about where the sun would be before we picked a time. This is something I NEVER would of thought of if they hadn't suggested it, but it definitely made a huge difference. Also, we needed to rent chairs and we mentioned a company we were thinking of using. Uncle Bub's looks at our quote, and then found us a different company that gave us a better deal. this saved us so much money!

Overall, I would suggest Uncle Bub's to EVERYONE. They definitely were the hit of the entire wedding.

Marie · Married on 05/23/2015

Everybody absolutely loved our food at our wedding at Danada House! Mark Link was super great and understanding from the first time we met him, telling us a ton of different ways to save money like buying our own plates/glasses/booze at Costco and Prestige Liquors, etc. Then our e-mail contact was mostly with Ashley and she was also great. I'm probably one of the least organized people and we had a really laid back daytime wedding, and she was totally understanding. I'd get an e-mail reminder about deadlines which was great because they were very helpful and not pushy at all. I wish I could remember her name, but the main lady at our event was fantastic too because I had screwed up a couple table numbers on my centerpieces and she talked to me right away and we got it all under control, totally calm and collected, no stress. They were just awesome from start to finish. And everybody Seriously loved our food. We have so many left overs too! I'd go to them for any party.

Amazing choice!! We have been eating here for years and when it came time to find food for our wedding, this was a give in! We have had so many compliments on the food and service. So many people have told us this was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Not to mention the wonderful service. From start to finish Mark and Marie were there every step of the way. They treated us like family and helped us with anything that we threw at them. They put our priorities, comfort and budget before anything else.

We got a full roast pig for our wedding. It was delicious and all our guests loves it. It was juicy and tender. Went perfect with our barn wedding!!

Claire · Married on 07/19/2014

The food was delicious at my wedding! 5.0 stars!!

Lauren · Married on 05/16/2014

Mark, Marie, Ashley and Jerry from Uncle Bub's were nothing short of amazing. The food is delicious and the service is even better! They even drove out to Rockford to cater our event! They were very detail oriented and did everything that we asked of them and more! I would recommend them to anything with catering needs. My husband and I will be using them in the future!

Julie · Married on 10/05/2013

Love, Love, Love Uncle Bub's! Everyone was so helpful with everything and we had a ton of food options! The leftovers were ours to take and there was plenty! We got a lot of compliments on the food and the ability for people to go up more than once to grab more of what they liked! I could not recommend a caterer more than Uncle Bub's. They were a pleasure to work with....Marie was always there to email me back when I had a question and Mark was helpful too! If you are looking for some great food and great service, Uncle Bub's is it! Thank you for your help on October 5th everyone! : )

Stacy · Married on 08/24/2013

Mark, Marie, and Amy were so great!
    (1) no pressure or upselling--they really helped us to stay in budget.
    (2) They are very experienced at weddings. Everything ran so smoothly.
    (3) The food is great! (the pulled pork, herbed chicken, baked beans, cornbread, green bean almondine, and more!) Our guests really enjoyed it.

They took the time to meet with use in person three times. And they were really responsive to emails. Anytime we had a random question like "where should we seat Grandma who is in a wheelchair so she'll be most comfortable" to "which menu items are gluten-free" they were there to help. They had my full confidence from day one which is really important for a busy bride. If my best friend was planning a wedding right now, I would definitely recommend Uncle Bub's.

Amber · Married on 08/10/2013

Love this place! I got married on 8/10/13 in my parents backyard. We wanted an elegant BBQ. With short notice, we contacted Uncle Bub's to help us out. Marie is in charge of planning events and she made us feel so special. She was so organized, helpful and attentive! She listened to what we wanted and made it all happen! Not only was the food amazing (all 160 guests raved about the ribs, chicken and pulled pork), but the wait staff was out of this world! I kept complimenting them throughout the entire night because they were so amazing! They worked so hard and made everything perfect. If you are looking for a similar kind of wedding, I highly recommend using this restaurant! Thank you for everything Uncle Bub's!

They are amazing!!!! For our wedding we wanted some BQQ and they went above and beyond of what we hoped for! The grilled on site and the ribs were to die for! The service was amazing and the entire experience was wonderful! They went above and beyond!

The food was amazing! The guests were raving about how delicious it was! So much that people highered them for their grad parties later in the month! They were extremely professional an great to work with! Quality service and food!

• Katie

Katie · Married on 10/26/2012

Uncle Bub's was amazing at keeping everything on time, answering all questions, setting up decorations, and making sure everything ran smoothly. The food was delicious and they even brought the leftovers back to their restaurant for us to pick up the next day. Mark, the owner, and his sister Amy, as well as all the staff were wonderful and hard working. They even stayed late and did a final sweep to make sure nothing was left behind at the end of the night. We have worked with Bub's in the past for backyard pig roasts, but the wedding was over-the-top. We loved every minute and will be working with Uncle Bub's again in the future!

Kristina · Married on 09/22/2012

I can not rave enough about Uncle Bubs. They did such an amazing job and really took this stress off of us. We have been fans of their food for years and when we saw that the Ellis house and equestrian center (wedding location) worked with them we were beyond excited. Mark was the best so easy to get along with and really made sure everything was perfect for our big day. His staff were on top of everything and always made sure to ask how we were doing and if anything was needed. I was a very DIY bride so it was amazing to be able to put responsibility into bubs hands and actually know and trust that they would do exactly what we needed them too. Our food was amazing everyone keeps telling us how delicious it was and that it was the best food they have had at a wedding. If you're afraid BBQ isn't classy enough for a wedding, trust me bubs is! The served everything beautifully. Even cooked the chicken on location out of a truck that was hidin from our event!!I can honestly go on and on about bubs we absolutely love them and will be eating their amazing food and visiting their wonderful staff for years to come! Using Uncle Bubs as your caterer will be the best and easiest decision you will make for your wedding!! BUB LOVE!!!!!

Tracy · Married on 09/15/2012

Thank you so much Rich at Uncle Bub's!! Our wedding was amazing and everyone loved the food!! They still talk about it. Great deal for the money you pay. If I ever have another event, I would always ask Uncle Bub's!!

Carrie · Married on 08/26/2012

Uncle Bub's catered our wedding held at KLM in Hinsdale on 8.26.12. The owner Mark was one of the warmest people we have met. He bent over backwards to make our event special and made sure our details were exact.
    We had our rehersal dinner at Uncle Bub's the day before the wedding and our wedding party gave many compliments. The wedding food was fabulous and many guests let us know they felt the same.
    Marybeth and her staff were very attentive. She made sure that everything was in order at all times while maintaining a smile on her face every moment of the night. She made sure the newly weds had their glasses full and helped us relax knowing that she had even the small details under control.
    We recommend Uncle Bub's and their staff to anyone handsdown.

Thank you for being a part of our wedding.
    ~Carrie

• I

Idalia · Married on 08/25/2012

Wow! Uncle Bubs was amazing! People were going up for seconds! Since the beginning Mr. Mark Link was absolutely wonderful! He's such a nice guy and very professional, his staff is wonderful too! They helped with set up and they helped load the cars after the event. He even had one of his managers sit in on our tasting to translate for my mother! The food is awesome and the customer service is great! There's lots to choose from and people really like the food, you get your money's worth not just some dry chicken! lol All in all Uncle Bub's is a great caterer and I would definitely use their services in the future.

Katie · Married on 05/05/2012

Wow, Uncle Bub's can not be beat when it comes to their food and their staff. Not only was the food amazing, but it isn’t often that you see people going the extra mile to make sure that everything is running smoothly, and I can’t say enough about each and every one of their staff! Our bartender Jeff was especially great. If there wasn’t someone waiting for a drink, he was handing out waters, cleaning up, and helping out however he could. And of course Amy was nothing less than spectacular. I didn’t have to worry at all. Like the rest of the staff, she never stopped moving! She went above and beyond what I anticipated and she is so sweet! Everyone was raving about the food and the staff, and we had so many leftovers we have been eating it all week. It’s rare to find hard workers and such great food, and I really can’t thank you enough for all you did during our planning stages as well. We will be lifelong customers of Uncle Bub’s! Thank you so ver much!

Christine · Married on 09/03/2011

Uncle bub's ws great from the first moment we went there. Amy was so helpful with everything. The food was so good, so trying to narrow it down to a few choices was difficult. Amy was helpful helping us find a liquor vendor. The staff at our wedding helped with cleanup and loading our car with leftovers and all of our wedding decorations. They were polite, loved to laugh and joke with us and helpful all the way till the end. Also getting rave reviews from all my friends and family, everyone loved the food!!!!

Hannah · Married on 05/28/2011

We used Uncle Bubs to cater our Memorial Day weekend wedding in Channahon, IL. My husband and I envisioned a semi-casual outside wedding and after a couple weeks of looking, decided to check out the caterer that our venue originally suggested. We visited the restaurant, talked with Mark, and immediately fell in love with the company and with the food.

Mark and Amy were incredibly helpful every step of the way and made suggestions that fit with our vibe and made planning so much fun.

When we woke up on our wedding day, the skies were overcast and storms were predicted all day. After getting ready and arriving to make the final preparations, thunderstorm and hail warnings were on for the entire area.

My husband and I could not be more calm. We decided to have the ceremony indoors and move the reception tables aside. Turns out the chairs we rented were late - the rental companies fault - so Amy had the venue's chairs set up for the ceremony. It was beautiful, and to be honest, I didn't even know the difference.

We moved the cocktail hour to the foyer, which was plenty of room, and the staff rearranged the chairs and tables for our reception. Our guests were so impressed with the last minute changes and the incredible menu and we still receive compliments on how well everything turned out.

What we didn't realize when we hired Uncle Bubs is that we weren't just hiring a caterer - we were hiring wedding planners. They made everything so easy! So many things could have easily gone wrong the day of our wedding but Amy and our venue made every effort to make our day so special and so perfect, and we could not be more grateful to them! Thank you Mark and Amy!!