Uncle Bub's Reviews

Uncle Bub's View more information

• Taylor
    Taylor Married on 11/19/2021

Uncle Bub's was awesome!

We used Uncle Bub’s to cater our recent wedding of about 250 guests and we honestly could not have made a better choice! Every step of the planning process was simple and smooth, including postponing our wedding by an entire year due to COVID. I love that there was a wide selection of table settings and linens and that they were able to accommodate our vegetarian and vegan guests. On the day of the event they were on time, professional, and everything went seamlessly. We received so many compliments on how delicious the food was from our friends and family and have even had friends ask for the restaurant name so that they could go eat there again! I highly recommend using Uncle Bub’s to cater your event!
    Amie T. Married on 06/05/2021

Couldn't have picked a better option for our wedding!

Everyone absolutely raved about the food we had served at our wedding! Uncle Bubs was so amazing and the perfect food for us! We worked with Heather and Marie in the restaurant throughout the planning process and they were both amazing-they were extremely responsive and highly organized. We had to unfortunately postpone our wedding because of COVID, and they really made all the changes extremely seamless and easy. They had so many options for the small details, and everything looked so beautiful and matched out venue perfectly. We decided to eat our dinner privately during cocktail hour and they were super accommodating to that which was such a great thing for my husband and I. I cannot say enough good things about the quality of food and amazing service they provided.
    Jordan B. Married on 05/22/2021

Leave it to Bub’s

We worked with Uncle Bub’s planning our wedding through the duration of 2020, and we could have asked for more. Our wedding was in very capable hands. Our guests loved the cocktail hour and dinner, and the food was one the biggest highlights of the day — I think everybody went up for seconds at least once. The staff was professional, reliable, and took care of everything for us. They really brought everything together for us and we couldn’t be more pleased.
  • Deborah
    Deborah Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing food ever!!!!!

They were awesome at our wedding! I would recommend them. Everyone at the wedding would not stop talking about their delicious food. ♥️
  • Kaylea
    Kaylea B. Married on 09/07/2019

Seriously Amazing!

Our entire experience with Uncle Bub's catering our wedding (9/2019) was amazing. We consulted with them thinking we'd go with a different BBQ place, and they totally impressed us that we switched vendors! (It also helps that they quoted a cool ~$500 cheaper than the other place)
    Mark, the owner, was great. He got on the phone with me to talk details at 7pm on a weeknight due to scheduling issues and gave a rough quote on the spot.
    The tasting was great and they were so hospitable to us.
    The wedding day itself was amazing to have them there. I got so many compliments on how it was "the best wedding food ever!" Everyone loves BBQ! The staff was timely and efficient. I especially give them props because I had a somewhat difficult outdoor venue to work with.
    Everything down to the details was awesome. They even had a staff member get my food for me so that I wouldn't get my dress dirty!
    They also were extremely clean, picking up after themselves and even took their garbage with them (for my outdoor venue with no dumpster to dispose in).
    I was so so happy with Uncle Bub's at my wedding! Book them now, you won't regret it!
  • Short-Vitosh2019
    Danielle V. Married on 08/17/2019

Fantastic food

The food was my number one priority when it came to our wedding. I as a guest myself know how disappointing it is to go to a wedding and feel let down by the food. It is something every guest remembers. We went with Uncle Bubs as it was the preferred caterer for our venue. We couldnt have been happier at our tasting however with the quality of the food. I knew after that that we had made the right choice. Our guest feedback mimicked our own opinions and I was delighted.
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 05/31/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Uncle Bubs catered for my wedding recently and absolutely went above and beyond to make the experience exceptional. They had excellent communication answering any questions we had about the planning and day of process. They left no details out and made sure to make the day as perfect as we could imagine. From the setup, to the breakdown of the wedding their service was excellent. Our tasting with them was great and the food at the wedding was exceptional. Every guest was impressed and complemented the food and service. Would 11/10 recommend 😊
    Austin K. Married on 05/04/2019

Great food and service!

We hired Uncle Bub’s to cater our wedding reception. Everything worked out great. Our first meeting with Mark was very helpful. He walked through everything with us and really showed us how much Uncle Bub’s can assist with an event. They handled not only the food, but arranged for the linens and place settings and their staff helped day of with the set-up of decorations on the tables. They were professional, knowledgeable, and organized down to a very detailed level, which took a huge load off our plates with planning. It was great to know we could rely on them. On top of all the help they offer, the food was delicious! Everyone loved the food and there was plenty available so no one went home hungry.
  • Ariel
    Ariel Married on 04/13/2019

Wedding 4.13.19

When we told our close family & friends we were doing a BBQ buffet at our wedding they called us crazy. "Who wants to have messy BBQ at a wedding?!" WE DID. Fast forward to our wedding day... 4 months later... everyone is still talking about how unique and DELICIOUS our food was. Ya its a little off the "normal" path but we did what we love for our day and why not include our food preferences too?

We also received some of the best service. Everyone we dealt with was accommodating and welcoming. Every one of our servers were helpful and made our day go perfectly. Oh and let me not forget... they were there until CLEAN UP at 12:30pm!!!!! If you want delicious wedding food & quality service... Uncle Bub's is for you.
    Amanda Married on 09/29/2018
    We had Uncle Bub's catered for our Wedding reception. It was AMAZING, despite being about 45 minutes away. Our guests were commenting all night about how great the food was. Everyone had plenty of food and we still had a weeks-worth of left-overs. We had beef brisket, pulled pork, and oven-roasted chicken, all of which was cooked perfectly. We also had severe gluten allergies, which were treated with great care. We ran out of Mac and Cheese the day after the party (it was the least amount of left overs), so I would recommend ordering a little more of that side, if you're considering it. They even brought mints and moist towelettes for after dinner.

Uncle Bub's also provided 2 servers and a bar tender. All 3 employees were great. They were efficient, effective, polite, and professional. The servers got my 140 guests through the buffet line quickly and packed up all the remaining food at the end of the night. The bar tender even asked to remove the tip jar that one of my guests put out for her (even before knowing that we would tip her at the end of the night).

Payment was processed easily and staff was available quickly to respond to emails.
    Megan Married on 05/11/2018
    The guests at my wedding have been raving about the food that Uncle Bub's provided! Uncle Bub's is a full service catering restaurant that goes above and beyond for any event they are a part of. We worked with Marie and she was so wonderful and responsive to all the questions I had. The whole team has an impeccable attention to detail, and really takes on the role of not only the caterer but event planners. Marie and her team set everything up for us, and made the whole venue look so wonderful! Uncle Bub's is a family owned and run restaurant so they really do treat you like family once you are working with them. My special day would not have been the same without them and I can't thank them enough for all the hard work and details they provided us! I would highly recommend using them for your next event!
    Caitlin Married on 10/01/2016
    We knew we wanted to have Uncle Bub’s as our caterer long before we had our initial meeting based on the recommendations we received from our venue and the reviews that we had read about their service. We knew we had made the right choice once we had our first meeting with Mark and especially after we had our tasting! Mark and his staff were incredible throughout the whole planning process! Ashley answered endless questions that I had and put my mind at ease about so many different details. Mark met me at the venue for a final walk through and to pick out linens and discuss the layout for the day of the wedding. He assured me that everything would be taken care of and I so appreciated his attention to detail. On the day of the wedding, everything went off without a hitch thanks to the professionalism and experience of his staff. My husband and I were waited on hand and foot, something that was not expected at all and such a pleasant surprise! Our guests are still raving about the food (especially the pot roast, which is the BEST) and we had quite a few “foodies” in attendance at our reception. Overall we could not have been more thrilled with the service provided by Mark and his staff- they are unbeatable! (Married 10/8/16)
    Stephanie Married on 06/10/2016
    Uncle Bub's food was absolutely delicious, all of our guests from our June 2016 wedding keep raving about how great the food was. We had pulled pork, herb roasted chicken breast, Mac n cheese, green beans, and roasted red potatos, each item was fantastic and we got to bring home all the leftovers! Jerry the captain was so fantastic, he made sure we had anything we needed at our head table, and Mark the owner is just a great person to work with, you honestly feel like you are talking to an old friend when you walk in the restaurant to talk to him. I would absolutely recommend Uncle Bub's for your next event!
  • User2507598 2+ years ago
    Uncle Bub's was one of the preferred catering vendors for our wedding venue. It was coincidental that we just happened to already have a love for Uncle Bub's! Everything from start to finish was PERFECT! The staff, setup, and food were all awesome! We had so many compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed the food! We loved everything they did for us and are so thankful we had Jerry there as our captain - he was absolutely amazing. We had an immediate connection with the owner, Mark, and he was genuinely invested in the success of our event. He also recommended Prestige Liquors for our beverages and they were incredibly easy to work with - together they made the food/drink seamless for us! Their team, from the beginning, was instrumental and we can't thank them enough!
    Emily Married on 06/14/2015
    We worked with Uncle Bub's Catering for our June 2015 Wedding. My husband and I were so pleased with our wedding day because of the hard work and efforts of Bub's staff members. Mark and Marie, who coordinate many aspects of the day, were so kind and helpful. We were on a budget, and they did their very best to ensure that our wedding budget was kept in check. Also, Uncle Bub's worked with us to help make sure every detail was in place from start of our cocktail hour all the way through our reception. Marie is a fantastic event coordinator and planner; she is organized, attentive, helpful, and enthusiastic. We felt very secure on our wedding day knowing that we need not worry about any minor details.

On top of amazing catering logistics, Uncle Bub's delivered on its quality BBQ for our wedding. We chose to do a buffet with Pulled Pork, BBQ Chicken, Mac & Cheese, Salad, and other items. The pulled pork was delicious with great buns; I was also akin to the delicious potato bread rolls. I highly recommend you eat these and then sneak some to take home! :-) Our guests said they loved the food! The food was prepared and served well. Jerry, the captain, was attentive to us and made sure we were happy with the entire night. The staff was excellent, and we can't say one negative aspect of the night!

The entire experience of planning our wedding was wonderful because of the tireless efforts of Uncle Bub's. We cannot say thank you enough! They truly did a fabulous job, and we HIGHLY recommend them. Go for unique food at your wedding and choose Bub's because they are amazing.
    Tricia Married on 06/13/2015
    The people at Uncle Bub's are FANTASTIC! My husband and I got married in June, and I swear the people at Uncle Bub's pretty much planned our wedding for us! They helped us answer questions that we not even related to catering! They definitely do everything they can to go above and WAY beyond what is needed.

To start, the food was amazing! It was all out guests could talk about! Everything was the perfect temperature, served at the right time, and so good! People were asking us all night long who our caterer was. When I told my guests there was a restaurant that they could go see for this food as well, they were all really excited!

They did so much more then just our food too. We were trying to figure out what time to start the ceremony, and our venue was outside. Uncle Bub's mentioned we should think about where the sun would be before we picked a time. This is something I NEVER would of thought of if they hadn't suggested it, but it definitely made a huge difference. Also, we needed to rent chairs and we mentioned a company we were thinking of using. Uncle Bub's looks at our quote, and then found us a different company that gave us a better deal. this saved us so much money!

Overall, I would suggest Uncle Bub's to EVERYONE. They definitely were the hit of the entire wedding.
  • User2178333 2+ years ago
    Amazing choice!! We have been eating here for years and when it came time to find food for our wedding, this was a give in! We have had so many compliments on the food and service. So many people have told us this was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Not to mention the wonderful service. From start to finish Mark and Marie were there every step of the way. They treated us like family and helped us with anything that we threw at them. They put our priorities, comfort and budget before anything else.
    Marie Married on 05/23/2015
    Everybody absolutely loved our food at our wedding at Danada House! Mark Link was super great and understanding from the first time we met him, telling us a ton of different ways to save money like buying our own plates/glasses/booze at Costco and Prestige Liquors, etc. Then our e-mail contact was mostly with Ashley and she was also great. I'm probably one of the least organized people and we had a really laid back daytime wedding, and she was totally understanding. I'd get an e-mail reminder about deadlines which was great because they were very helpful and not pushy at all. I wish I could remember her name, but the main lady at our event was fantastic too because I had screwed up a couple table numbers on my centerpieces and she talked to me right away and we got it all under control, totally calm and collected, no stress. They were just awesome from start to finish. And everybody Seriously loved our food. We have so many left overs too! I'd go to them for any party.
  • User1820578 2+ years ago
    We got a full roast pig for our wedding. It was delicious and all our guests loves it. It was juicy and tender. Went perfect with our barn wedding!!
    Claire Married on 07/19/2014
    The food was delicious at my wedding! 5.0 stars!!
    Lauren Married on 05/16/2014
    Mark, Marie, Ashley and Jerry from Uncle Bub's were nothing short of amazing. The food is delicious and the service is even better! They even drove out to Rockford to cater our event! They were very detail oriented and did everything that we asked of them and more! I would recommend them to anything with catering needs. My husband and I will be using them in the future!
    Julie Married on 10/05/2013
    Love, Love, Love Uncle Bub's! Everyone was so helpful with everything and we had a ton of food options! The leftovers were ours to take and there was plenty! We got a lot of compliments on the food and the ability for people to go up more than once to grab more of what they liked! I could not recommend a caterer more than Uncle Bub's. They were a pleasure to work with....Marie was always there to email me back when I had a question and Mark was helpful too! If you are looking for some great food and great service, Uncle Bub's is it! Thank you for your help on October 5th everyone! : )
    Stacy Married on 08/24/2013
    Mark, Marie, and Amy were so great!
    (1) no pressure or upselling--they really helped us to stay in budget.
    (2) They are very experienced at weddings. Everything ran so smoothly.
    (3) The food is great! (the pulled pork, herbed chicken, baked beans, cornbread, green bean almondine, and more!) Our guests really enjoyed it.

They took the time to meet with use in person three times. And they were really responsive to emails. Anytime we had a random question like "where should we seat Grandma who is in a wheelchair so she'll be most comfortable" to "which menu items are gluten-free" they were there to help. They had my full confidence from day one which is really important for a busy bride. If my best friend was planning a wedding right now, I would definitely recommend Uncle Bub's.
    Amber Married on 08/10/2013
    Love this place! I got married on 8/10/13 in my parents backyard. We wanted an elegant BBQ. With short notice, we contacted Uncle Bub's to help us out. Marie is in charge of planning events and she made us feel so special. She was so organized, helpful and attentive! She listened to what we wanted and made it all happen! Not only was the food amazing (all 160 guests raved about the ribs, chicken and pulled pork), but the wait staff was out of this world! I kept complimenting them throughout the entire night because they were so amazing! They worked so hard and made everything perfect. If you are looking for a similar kind of wedding, I highly recommend using this restaurant! Thank you for everything Uncle Bub's!
  • User1493067 2+ years ago
    They are amazing!!!! For our wedding we wanted some BQQ and they went above and beyond of what we hoped for! The grilled on site and the ribs were to die for! The service was amazing and the entire experience was wonderful! They went above and beyond!