Ulysses Photography Reviews

Ulysses Photography 5
Ulysses Photography 6
Ulysses Photography 7

katie · Married on 07/01/2011

Wedding planning can be stressful at times, especially when choosing photographers, as undoubtedly these photos are probably the most important pictures of a couple's life! Well, from the instant you meet Ulysses and Jenni any stress or anxiety a bride and groom may have is completely melted away! Ulysses and Jenni are a husband and wife team that are truly an example of a what a wonderful marriage is; a couple who loves one another and is a team! You can't help but instantly feel relaxed and at ease as soon as you meet them. The best part is that their wonderful personalities bring out the best in the couple they are working with! For example, my husband was slightly uncomfortable with the idea of doing engagement pictures because he felt he would look like "weird" or he'd be forced into "posing". Well, the second that we met up with Ulysses and Jenni in Central Park they had us smiling and laughing and feeling completely at ease. My husband and I often at times forgot that they were even there as we had a wonderful afternoon together walking through the park. By the end, my husband was actually so into the session he didn't want it to be over! I honestly know that had it been other photographers I don't think there would have been a chance that my husband would have enjoyed it (or myself for that matter!) nearly as much. The reason why I can't stop gushing about how wonderful they are as people is because it feels as if you are hanging out with friends, and really isn't that when we are all at our best? So can you imagine how beautiful and natural you might look in photos when you are just having a great time. Well, that is exactly how their photos looks; natural, effortless, and all-around gorgeous! When my husband and I saw those engagement pictures we were amazed! We knew that our wedding day would be no exception. It turns out that on that very special day, they didn't just bring their "A" game, they brought a whole new dimension...I'll call it the "A +++ game"! They were able to capture every laugh, every tear, every awesome dance move, and every wonderful moment of the day. The best part was even that our wedding guests complimented our choice of photographers saying things like they were so nice and professional. Each time I was told that, I said I couldn't agree more! My husband and I just received our wedding album and it honestly looks like a magazine shoot. It completely blew us away. The quality of the photos and the amazing emotion that came through each picture was even more that I could ever imagine. I really could go on and on! But in all seriousness, the best way to ease any stress of the wedding planning process is simply to contact Ulysses and Jenni. The second you see their work and then speak to them in person I will guarantee that you will give a sigh of relief as the search is over and you have found "the one"!

Sent on 01/02/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/22/2011

My husband and I highly recommend Ulysses Photography. They were incredible to work with and are extremely talented. We love our albums and pictures from the engagement session and the wedding. Additionally, they are just great people.

Sent on 12/31/2011

Kellyann · Married on 04/30/2011

Having our family and friends surround us on our special day was all that we could ask for, but we got so much more in Jenni and Ulysses. Before I even met them I knew after seeing a friend's wedding photos that they were the photographers I wanted. I was truly amazed with the way they can capture so much emotion in a single photograph. It truly is like looking at a piece of artwork. When we took our engagement photos on a cold January day my husband and I were put immediately at ease in their very capable hands. The "engagement session reveal" was nothing short of perfection. My husband was hooked just as I already was. When it came to our wedding day they surpassed our every expectation. Our wedding album tells the story of our day as if it was a fairytale, and my husband and I will cherish it always as we do Jenni and Ulysses!

Sent on 02/04/2012

Lauren · Married on 03/26/2011

Jenni and Ulysses are simply the best!!! I have had a million people tell me that they want to redo their wedding pictures with the two of them because their work is AMAZING!!!! They were so great they even took pictures of my cousin (a bridesmaid) and her husband so they would have a great formal to replace their not so stellar wedding photo.
    We not only did our wedding photos with them but we also had an engagement session and we ended up using some of those photos at our wedding and also for artwork for our home. Let's face it, their work speaks for itself but when you factor in how great they are as a couple, as people - it's great having them to count on on the biggest day of your life. The are pro's from start to finish.

Sent on 04/12/2011

Emily · Married on 11/20/2010

After the guests go home, the memories of the wedding day are all that remain. If you’re lucky, the memories are crystallized in your photographs. This is why it is so essential to have photographers who capture the raw emotion and beauty of the day- Ulysses and Jenni “see” what others don’t see. They find interesting aspects of the venue that make the pictures special, they capture the exchange of emotion that is expressed between people and they shoot the in-between moments that you might miss in the flurry of the day.

For me, the choice was clear the moment I saw their photos of a friend’s wedding. Booking with Ulysses and Jenni was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. They are artistic and the photography is beautiful. They blend into the backdrop; you don’t even remember they are there, yet they don’t miss a thing! I didn’t give a second thought to how the pictures would come out- I knew they would be everything I wanted and they were!

Not only are their photographs amazing, Ulysses and Jenni are wonderful people, hard-workers, and consummate professionals. Many of my guests remarked on the talent and grace of our photographers. Ulysses and Jenni create real relationships with their clients that last beyond the wedding day. My husband and I consider them friends and we are already planning on having them document other milestones in our lives.

Sent on 02/21/2011

Tom · Married on 11/13/2010

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Jenni and Ulysses. The comfort level we had knowing they were our photographers was truly invaluable. Letting people capture your most emotional moments can be an awkward experience, but with Jenni and Ulysses it was always carefree and easy. Our immediate family hit it off with them as well and felt the same comfort level, as they essentially felt more like friends than a vendor during the whole process.

As far as the photos, we couldn't have asked for anything better. Their versatility really shined through the different kinds of shots, whether it be artsy or candid. I was really impressed at how every unique moment that stuck out in my head during the wedding, and especially on the dance floor, also wound up being captured perfectly in the photo collection. Their instinct of knowing where the priceless moments will be just in time to take the shot -- that is truly something special.

I highly recommend Jenni & Ulysses to anyone who is looking for photographers who go that extra mile and produce photos that are far from cookie-cutter, pics that really burst with the great personalities of all your loved ones. And for anyone that may dislike taking photos, rest assure they'll make it seem painless and an enjoyable experience.

Sent on 08/11/2011

S. · Married on 10/23/2010

Your search is over! I'm serious! Ulysses and Jenni are an awesome husband and wife photography duo and you wouldn't be disappointed! They are both friendly and charming like you have known them all your life, but professional. There is an aura around them that just puts you to ease.

Ulysses and Jenni are not photographers who are in your face to get the great shot. They are the complete opposite. They maintain a certain distance to respect your wedding ceremony and reception - which is great because you almost forget that photos are being taken and that allows you to just enjoy your wedding day without worrying about the photographers. Don't get me wrong - they definitely get all the shots that you need. Since you aren't always aware they are taking photos so when you get the photos - it is an absolute pleasure flipping through them. The excitement over the photos will never end!!!! My husband is still raving about the photos and not just about the moment of the photo but the overall look, composition, and lighting of the photos! My mother loves Ulysses because he was the only photographer who was able to capture the correct color of her traditional dress!
    Jenni is the administrator that not only takes photos but will help you order photos, get the wedding day timeline just right, respond to emails really quickly and she is just always present to answer any questions or nervousness you may have about the photos!

My husband and I didn’t want an ordinary photography company to take photos and we were in the search for a single photographer with a point of view and style – Ulysses is it!!!! Some may find the cost to be higher than ordinary photography companies, however, you can’t put a price on the memories that Ulysses was able to capture. I swear you will enjoy them for a lifetime and it is worth it! Wedding photography is an investment!!!

I hope to be able to use them again in the future!

Sent on 02/11/2011
  • Janine

Janine · Married on 09/18/2010

If you are reading this review- your search is over! These are the best photographers- hands down! I had no idea that having my pictures taken could be such an incredible experience. From the first meeting I had with Ulysses and Jenni I could immediately sense their charisma, kindness,and professionalism. When I started to review their work, the pictures spoke for themselves. They were breathtaking.

On my wedding day, I felt completely comfortable, confidant, and happy and they did an amazing job. My pictures are unbelievable. All of my guests, my parents, and friends fell in love with the pair. I can assure you that one meeting with them will tell you everything you need to know about selecting them for your big day- they are absolutely the best.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Andrea · Married on 09/04/2010

Jenni and Ulysses came highly recommended from a friend. When I saw her album I immediately knew that they were the photographers for us!

Not only were Jenni and Ulysses fun and comfortable to work with, but they have the rare ability of being able to maintain professionalism at the same time. Their photographs and work product are artistic, creative, beautiful, and meticulous. They both take personal pride in their work and spend an incredible amount of thought, care, and time into their projects. My husband and I could not be more pleased with our results.

Jenni and Ulysses are very talented artists and professionals. We are so very lucky to have worked with them!

Sent on 02/08/2011

Ada · Married on 08/14/2010

As a local hairstylist, I have been very lucky to have Jenni as a client. I knew that she and her husband were photographers, but I had never seen their work. When I got engaged a year ago, I knew she was the first person I wanted to talk to! I scheduled a consultation with Ulysses and Jenni to get to know them professionally and get a quote.

I secretly already knew that Ulysses and Jenni were going to be our wedding photographers, but I was worried about how I was going to justify the cost to my fiance, Jimmy! As any newly engaged couple knows, there is a certain amount of sticker-shock when planning a wedding. Personally, I was willing to sacrifice many other expenses in order to get the best photographer because to me, unlike the flowers or the favors, the pictures are the one thing that really will last forever. When we went to the consultation, it turned out that I didn't have to do any convincing at all! Jimmy had the same feeling that I did - he could see the value in their work, and he could visualize the two of us in the pictures they showed us.

Shortly after we signed the contract, we planned our engagement photos. My seven year old daughter, Katie, was included in our photo session at a local park. When we saw the proofs, I was in tears. I couldn't believe that Ulysses and Jenni were able to capture the love that Jimmy and I felt for each other, and our gratitude for becoming a family with Katie. They didn't pose us, but instead they instructed us to act naturally. They utilized the natural light and the architecture of the park to create the most unbelievable images! That shoot ended up decorating our new home with wall art of our new family! I smile every time I see them (and believe me, they're not just enlarged photos, they're works of art!)!

We had originally customized our package to only cover what we thought we needed for the wedding pictures. Needless to say, after we saw the engagement photos, we upgraded our wedding package! Neither Jimmy nor I wanted to miss out on any detail of the biggest day of our lives! Jenni was so thorough in making sure we had every detail covered in terms of wedding timelines and formal photos. In a time of much confusion, she kept me in line!

Ulysses and Jenni captured all the best moments of our day. When we look at our photos, it's clear to see how blessed we were. We remember all of our emotions because they were captured so perfectly. Ulysses is a total artist - he had us cracking up with his ideas for photos, but when we saw the images, we realized his amazing eye for detail and drama! I wish I could post the album for you to see, because words just don't do them enough justice! No one has seen our proof or wedding album and not commented that these were the best photos they've ever seen! Even other photographers have told me that we had the "best of the best" shoot our wedding!

As a stylist, my boss always tells us that it's not the cost of the service, it's the perception of value that matters. I have taken on this concept and believe me, the value with Ulysses and Jenni is there! We felt so "taken care of", as the website is so easy to use, they post your images so quickly, they respond to your email right away - you will not be sorry! My family will forever be grateful of the images that we have, thanks to Ulysses and Jenni!

Sent on 01/16/2011

Amber · Married on 07/24/2010

They are the most amazing photographers! They take beautiful photos. They make you feel so comfortable and they are so easy to get along with. They include an engagement shoot, which is so perfect because it allows you to get used to how they work.

They are not only fabulous photographers but they are artists. The photographs are works of art that you are in. Love them! I cannot wait for future events where we can hire them again!

Sent on 11/22/2010

Christine · Married on 07/11/2010

Ulysses Photography

My admiration for Ulysses Photography started five years ago when I was the Maid of Honor of my best friends wedding. My best friend raved about her wedding photographers. When I met Jenni and Ulysses the day of her wedding I fell in love. Ulysses and Jenni were on time, professional, organized and were a pure joy to be around.
    They cheerful personalities makes you feel right at home and ease in front of the camera.
    Most of the day you do not even notice they are there.

When my best friend showed me her wedding album, I was expecting to see the standard typical shots every photographer takes at weddings. Everyone standing in a line centered and smiling at the camera.
    Coming from someone who has an extensive background in fine arts and design I was truly blown away by their work.
    Their sense of design, balance, play on lighting/shadows/reflections/textures, design choice of cropping is truley like no other.
    They are not just photographers but, are fine artist that display their art through photography.

Each frame they take is its own individual work of art.
    In all my years of being in the art industry and seeing so many friends wedding albums.
    Nothing has compared even close to the caliber of their work.

Five years later when it was my turn to be the Bride, their was not even a question of who I wanted for my wedding photographer. I did not even look at anyone else. My only question to them was do you have July 11th available?
    From being on both sides of being in a wedding party and as a bride both of my experiences has been exceptional.

I am very fortunate to have Jenni and Ulysses be our wedding photographer. Their works of art capture the true essences of myself, husband and family to pass down for generations to come. They are apart of our lives forever. I can not wait for our next photo shoot with them to capture our lifetime journey together.

A picture is worth a thousand words Ulysses Photography speaks volumes.
    Ulysses and Jenni’s talent and passion is unparallel to any other.

If you want the “Extraordinary” not the “Ordinary”
    Ulysses Photography is the only choice for you.

~ Christine & Dom ~

Sent on 01/04/2011

Michelle · Married on 05/08/2010

I first met Ulysses & Jenni at a bridal show before I was engaged. I was struck at how they wanted to know about me and never once asked, Are you looking for a photographer? After getting engaged and going to a few more bridal shows and gathering lots of information on vendors I just knew they had to be our photographers. They were the only photographers I met with. My fiance & I felt so comfortable with them and we got such a great vibe from them, I had every confidence that I would be happy with them and their work. Our engagement photos were beautiful, finally I had some good photos of my fiance & I!! I was so excited to see them on my wedding day, I ran outside in my robe when I saw them walking down the street!! Words can not describe the beauty of their pictures and the level of professionalism and friendliness they exude. You don't even realize they are taking your picture and yet they catch all the important moments and the results are amazing. Everyone was blown away by our photos. My husband and I looked like models on our wedding day and I have my make-up artist, Ulysses and Jenni to thank for that!!

Sent on 08/18/2010

Genevieve · Married on 11/07/2009

A month after becoming engaged, we began our search for a photographer and stumbled across Ulysses Photography’s website. We were immediately blown away by the images we saw there, which conveyed so much pure love and joy! The sense of calm and happiness in the photographs was so real, it felt as though we knew these couples and their love story.

I sent an email inquiry to see if my wedding date was available and to my excitement Jenni wrote back almost immediately to say it was. We set up a time to meet the following week.

From the moment I met Ulysses and Jenni, I knew they were “the ones”! Every photograph they showed me was so beautiful and packed with emotion. Your photographer spends the whole day with you, so it is important that you like them! Not only do I love Ulysses and Jenni, I felt like I had known them for years after our first meeting. The comfort and confidence they inspire in their couples leads to amazing images. My fiancé and I had so much fun at our engagement portrait session and the guest book they created out of the images is gorgeous! The head of catering at our wedding venue told me that he’d never seen such a beautiful guest book.

Planning a wedding in NY when living in CA is not easy, but Jenni kept in touch with me every step of the way. She helped me develop a timeline that worked for our wedding day, and even recommended amazing vendors for hair and makeup! On our wedding day I hardly noticed them but they captured every image we could have wanted (over 900 of them!) Jenni even helped me straighten my train right before I walked down the aisle, and then helped me bustle my gown between the ceremony and reception! All of my guests kept telling me that Ulysses seemed like the happiest person at our wedding :) Ulysses and Jenni are so much more than photographers, and the final result really surpassed our (very high) expectations. Our album is gorgeous and we will treasure it always!

Thank you Ulysses and Jenni for all of your hard work, warm wishes, and photographs that we will always cherish!

Sent on 04/22/2010
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/18/2008

There have been few instances in my life where I have been truly impressed with the service of a vendor. And Jenni and Ulysses are not vendors, they're friends. For me, the photography was the MOST important aspect of our wedding day. I spent hours perusing sites and meeting with potential photographers and the moment we met with Ulysses and Jenni, I knew we found a match! They went above and beyond to create a warm, relaxed and comforting atmosphere from the first moment we met them. The engagement shots were incredible and they spent so much time ensuring they caught the essence of my husband and me as a couple. Photojournalism does not even begin to describe the type of magnetic and effervescent images they capture - there are no appropriate words to describe them. You need to experience them. When it came to the wedding day, they provided a much needed calm and helped us to relax and just appreciate being "us" for the first time! The photos that resulted were truly breathtaking. I cannot give a higher recommendation. They are truly consummate and gifted professionals and helped to make our experience tremendous.

Sent on 03/26/2009

Jennie · Married on 10/12/2008

Jenni and Ulysses are two of the most wonderful people we have ever met! From our first meeting with them to our engagement session to the big day they were the best and made us feel so comfortable and relaxed. Our album turned out better than we ever could have imagned. We would highly recommend them again and again!

Sent on 02/05/2009

Rosanna · Married on 08/31/2008

Ulysses and Jennie are amazing. They are an awesome couple and from the first day we met them we felt like we have known them forever. They are warm hearted and their love for photography shows through all of their work. Throughout the day of our wedding I was never annoyed at them...I know that is a #1 complaint from brides and grooms there photographers are annoying and pushy....but not us. I felt like they were our friends taking pictures of us and capturing our day. When we received our album it was breathtaking. The pictures, the design and the artsy look was amazing!!!!!!!! I recommend them to everyone. Ulysses and Jennie are different and that's what we loved. Our album and the pictures that we purchased looks like something that you see in magazines. They have an amazing love for each other and for Photography which truly comes through and makes their pictures alive.

Sent on 02/05/2009

Alex · Married on 08/23/2008

Jenni and Ulysses were simply amazing. From the engagement session to the final album they were accomodating, understanding and, most importantly, creative and just so talented! I cannot stop getting emails/calls/texts about how amazing the pictures were. Of all my vendors, wedding planner included, they were by far the thing I was the happiest with when looking back at our wedding. They are worth every last penny and more! These pictures are just breathtaking and are very special to us and will continue to be throughout our lives. We ordered an amazing canvas that we posted above our bed and every bride that has seen it has tried to recreate someway or another and they just do not come close. I can't say enough about Jenni and Ulysses- if you use them as your photographers- you will be happy. I also hear stories from friends who haven't gotten their pictures from last year- our pictures were ready so we could look them over on our honeymoon on the beach! And our albums were finished so fast- I couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 02/02/2009

Trish · Married on 08/08/2008

Jennni & Ulysses were absolutely awesome! Our wedding day went perfectly...and although many of our vendors were great...nothing compared to these two!!! We have got our albums already and absolutely love them!!!! It almost made me cry! I felt like i was back on Aug 8th!!! And I love the DVD...the music they chose was perfect! The layout of the album is so good...it just tells the story of the day so well. We chose the magazine layout and I have honestly never seen anything like it before!! Alot of my friends told me I'd be sorry if I didn't have a video...but I really am not! The pictures are so good they just speak for themselves! My friends all told me too that my face would hurt from smiling at the end of the day...but it didn't because I was just having so much fun, and was so relaxed...and that was all thanks to Jenni & Ulysses!!!

Sent on 11/24/2008

Kimberly · Married on 08/01/2008

Ulysses and Jenni were the "highlight" of our wedding. We could not have asked for a better couple to photograph the happiest day of our lives. Their interaction with each other and with us made the entire process flawless.

We have received our albums and they were everything we could have imagined and more. Top notch quality and absolutely perfect. Our family and friends were impressed with their work. Once looking at the album, they then remembered Ulysses on the floor taking photos! Now they know why he was discreetly laying upside down, for the perfect picture, which turned into the perfect album telling the story of our day!

I am sincerely sad that our wedding is over, but plan on coming up with a very good reason to be photographed again by the both of them. Not only were they our photographers, but we have made great friends.

We are forever grateful for the work they have done and the friendships we have made. I would chose them over and over again if I could!! They are simply amazing and the journey with them has been a pleasure!

Sent on 01/31/2009

Jacquelyn · Married on 07/05/2008

Ulysses and Jenni were a perfect fit from the first day we met them right to our wedding day. We could not have asked for a more unique, easy going, creative, and fun couple to capture all our memories. This couple works very well together as a professional team. They use all their skills to create the best work possible and we would never have changed one thing starting with our engagement session. The wedding packages are very reasonable in price and include nothing but high quality products.
    We continue to recommend their work for future brides and grooms.

Sent on 02/02/2009

Matthew · Married on 06/28/2008

We couldn't have asked for a better photography team at our wedding! Ulysses and Jenni, without a doubt, MADE THE DAY. The pictures were phenomenal, the photographers were warm, professional and courteous, and they made taking the pictures fun and relaxing! Our wedding album is worth more than its weight in gold!

Sent on 01/31/2009

Stephanie · Married on 06/28/2008

Ulysses and Jenni captured every special moment of our wedding. They took pictures when we didn’t even know they were there. We chose not to have a videographer but with the photos that Ulysses and Jenni took and the amazing album they put together for us we will never regret our decision. Six months later people are still complementing our pictures and what an amazing job the photographers did.

Sent on 02/01/2009

Grace · Married on 06/21/2008

Ulysses and his wife, Jenni, are amazing! We met them at a friend's wedding and instantly hit if off. They are an absolute pleasure to work with! Their pictures were really able to capture every moment and all the emotions of the day. We gave them a minimal list of must take shots, and they took it from there. We can honestly say that there isn't a single picture we wish they had taken that wasn't included in our gallery. They took about 750 pictures of our wedding day (and this isn't a single bad one) -- each one is so creative and captures a completely different angle/emotion/etc. The hardest part has been narrowing down which pictures to include in our album.

Sent on 07/21/2008

Lilline · Married on 06/13/2008

If I could plan my wedding again I would re-pick Ulysses Photography one hundred times over. Jenni and Ulysses are such wonderful people that make taking pictures feel fun and natural. Not only are they amazing photographers, they made my wedding day run smoothly because of their organization, professionalism, and sincere happiness to be a part of the day. We hope to use them in the future for any photography needs and we hope to stay in touch with them because they make you feel like a part of their family. This is what we wrote to them after we received our wedding albums (extremely quickly after our wedding):

"The albums are gorgeous! Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for your fabulous work! We are both extremely happy with the way the album turned out and everyone who has seen it has been truly impressed. Our parents were excited to get their mini books and have already begun toting them around to show all of their friends. Photography was really important to us so that we would be able to look back on the day and remember all of the special moments again. The book really captured the feelings of the day and I am so grateful for it. I can't stop looking at it.
    The calendar was quite a surprise. That is such a sweet idea and we appreciate how you both go to great lengths to think of all the little things and then go beyond that.
    I could keep going on singing your praises. Thank you so much."

Sent on 11/25/2008