Twomaytoz Event Catering Reviews

74 | Oak Park, IL

74 Reviews for Twomaytoz Event Catering

• User2619627 · 2+ years ago

I can't believe I waited this long to review Twomaytoz! They did an incredible job. A year later, people still talk about the food when they talk about our wedding. It was NOT typical boring, warmed over wedding food. It was delicious! Everyone told me I would not have time to eat as the bride, but I made time for this tasty food.

Sent on 08/25/2012

Mary · Married on 10/09/2010

Many guests praised the food provided by Twomaytoz. The hors d'oeuvre, four-bean Tuscan soup, rustic salad, chicken marsala, and grilled salmon were all delicious. The servers were professional. Anthony and Julie were friendly and helpful.

We have only one tiny problem--there were four children and we were told they would be served mini-hamburgers along with chicken fingers, veggies, aoolesause, and a cheese-pasta dish. Somehow the min-hamburgers were missing.

But this was a small glitch in an otherwise beautiful wedding dinner at the Pleasant Home in Oak Park.

We give A+ to Twomaytoz.

Sincerely,
    Mary and Tom Conroy, parents of bride Alexandra Conroy

Sent on 10/23/2010

Susan · Married on 09/18/2010

I think the best food related comment we got from our guests was "this doesn't taste like wedding chicken!". Anthony from Twomaytoz was very responsive to my emails, explained my choices and did not rush me to make a decision.
    On my wedding day, the service staff worked with my coordinator to make everything run smoothly.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Kristin · Married on 09/04/2010

Twomaytoz Catering were absolutely fantastic to work with for my wedding. I planned my wedding in Chicago from Washington DC. Anthony was exceedingly responsive to my original inquiries and thoroughly explained catering menus, staffing, and costs. Furthermore, Twomaytoz was extremely flexible in order to meet our needs. For example, they were willing to schedule our tasting outside of usual tasting times when we were in town to plan our wedding weekend. Twomaytoz helped us plan through every little detail, they very informative, and worked well with out reception site coordinator. Finally, the food was fantastic! I received multiple compliments from our guests about how good the food at our wedding was. Thank you Twomaytoz!

Sent on 09/20/2010

Nancy · Married on 08/07/2010

They were very easy to work with, and very responsive.

Sent on 08/10/2010

Cathy · Married on 07/10/2010

We had a fantastic experience with Twomaytoz Event Catering in every possible way. Guests at our reception (150 guests) made a point of telling us how much they enjoyed the meal, from the appetizers to the main course and dessert. Courses were served promptly but not in a rushed manner, and staff were courteous and professional. For our tasting, Julie and Anthony helped us narrow down our choices yet allowed us to have flexibility in our final decisions. Overall, I couldn't have been happier with our choice of a caterer and feel fortunate this company is the sole vendor used by the venue for our reception.

Sent on 07/16/2010

Julianne · Married on 05/30/2010

Anthony and Julie of Twomaytoz Catering were unbelievably helpful to my husband and I throughout the planning of our wedding! We are not big "planners" and were both totally overwhelmed at the task before us. However, each time either of us talked to Anthony, he was so calm and reassuring about everything that he in turn calmed us down and actually helped us enjoy the whole process. He was so patient with us and very accommodating. I think he may have changed our menu 6 or 7 times before we made our final decision and never once made us feel like we were "crazy customers". In addition, we were trying to keep costs down as much as possible and they were so great in tweaking things here and there to help us stay within our budget. They were also super easy to get in touch with, either by email of phone. And have I mentioned the food?! It was AWESOME!!! They helped us put together a brunch that we are still getting rave reviews about from our family and friends! And if you can work out in your budget having the Photo Booth they rent, go for it! Our guests loved it and we look through the book a few times a week just to get a good laugh. Some of your relatives will really surprise you!
    Needless to say, we HIGHLY recommend Twomaytoz Catering for any event you are planning!!!!

Sent on 06/25/2010
  • F

Roxane · Married on 05/15/2010

Anthony, from Twomaytoz, was very helpful and easy to work with! He was always very timely about returning our phone calls or emails. First he listened to get an idea of the type of event and atmosphere we wanted to convey. He made suggestions to help us achieve those goals. He was very practical, and never pushed us into buying or renting more than we really needed. We were able to go for a food tasting before the event. We come from Italian families and we can assure you that the food was just as good as Grandma makes!!! Maybe even better, but don't tell Grandma!! Anthony was on site throughout our event and his staff was superb! They were very professional, and helped in anyway requested. The food was delicious, the service superb, and the event was elegant without breaking our budget! Thanks for an enjoyable, stress free, wedding reception!

Sent on 05/19/2010

Tracy · Married on 05/15/2010

Thanks for making it such a nice day. We are recommending you to our friends and family!

Sent on 05/22/2010
  • F

Elizabeth · Married on 04/10/2010

They are great. I cannot recommend them enough. They took care of everything and I didn't have to think/worry about anything either before or during the wedding. Julie was great and the service is exceptional. Plus, the food was amazingly good. We got tons of raves from our guests about it being so good; our vegetarian friends said it was the best vegetarian meal they'd had at a wedding.

Sent on 05/20/2010

Mary · Married on 11/29/2008

Anthony was great. He had worked with our venue in the past and gave us great advice on use of space and seating. His food was excellent. The servers were very professional. The evening ran like clockwork.
    He was flexible regarding the menus and drinks. He had special children's meals available. I would hire Anthony and his staff again.

Sent on 01/14/2009

Katie · Married on 11/15/2008

When we selected our venue, we were told that the catering would be done in-house. A few months before our wedding, I learned that Twomaytoz had been selected as the new caterer for all of the events at the venue. I was nervous--for about a minute.

I worked with Anthony who was incredibly responsive, attentive, and helpful. He helped guide me through selecting the right linens and menu and always returned my calls immediately (if he wasn't able to take them right away).

The service at our wedding was spectacular. My in-laws still rave about it! One friend (who is a total foodie) still raves about the rustic salad! I was impressed with the food, the service, the professionalism of Anthony and his staff, the cost and everything in between.

I highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 09/22/2010
  • AlisonM

Alison · Married on 08/16/2008

Choosing 2Maytoz for catering was the best decision we made throughout all our planning! The food was fantastic. People are still raving about how delicious everything was. At first it was stretching our budget and we didn't want to pay as much as our quote, but luckily we decided to go with them because of how comprehensive their services were. With hindsight I know it was an absolute bargain! They set up the venue and cleaned it afterward, brought all the waitstaff and bartenders (who were all VERY professional and courteous), brought all the china and tablecloths and everything for the tables, arranged the BEAUTIFUL and tasty wedding cake, and kept everything on schedule throughout the reception. All we had to do was show up and they took care of everything! We had the most stress-free, fun and beautiful wedding and I know it's mainly due to the hard work and professionalism of 2MayToz. I give them my highest recommendation!

Sent on 09/02/2008

Jaime · Married on 08/09/2008

Anthony was spectacular! He and his crew took care of everything from food and bar service to table/linen set up. He went above and beyond for my husband and me. He was more than accommodating to us and made sure everything ran smoothly at the reception. He really made our day worry free! The food was so delicious!!! He also owns a restaurant in Oak Park called Cucina Paradiso. Delicious as well!!

Sent on 11/07/2008

Krista · Married on 10/17/2015

My now-husband was in charge of a few things during the wedding planning process…and picking the caterer was one! We received a recommendation from Allen, the manager of our wedding venue (Floating World Gallery). We wanted someone who was familiar with our venue, since the dinner service included a room flip during the cocktail hour.
    We worked with Tricia, who was awesome communicating with us and making sure everything was planned well! She was very patient as I battled with another company about table rentals (Mand M…AVOID!!!) and had great advice overall about the flow of the day. Allen and Tricia work together often, and it was truly a well-oiled machine on the day of. I was vaguely aware of Tricia solving minor problems that night, but I wasn’t worried and was able to enjoy myself! She was so sweet getting my husband and I a drink as the bar was closing, and checking in to make sure everything was going well. The staff was very polite to guests (we did get a few complaints about the male bartender), but it was so nice to be able to trust our caterers with anything that came their way!
    Oh yeah…the food was excellent (especially the caprese salad, salmon in white wine sauce and vegetable terrine!!). The "flow" of dinner was great too, no awkward waiting around or moving things too quickly. The serving staff was excellent and very polite to guests! ☺

Sent on 03/17/2016

Cat · Married on 08/08/2015

Twomaytoz was referred to my by both my event venue and a friend who had worked for them previously. As a bride who lives abroad most of the year, Tricia and Anthony squeezed us in for a tasting and worked with us to ensure we were getting a good price (and enough food!). We wanted to incorporate a few elements from my fiancé's home country of Spain - including his star dish - and Tricia was more than willing to accommodate this into our budget. The service was exceptional: we missed cocktail hour, but I had a plate of goodies waiting for me at dinner; everyone raved about the beef tenderloin; Tricia and Anthony helped me every step of the way, and Tricia is great at delegating and helping the couple stay calm so that they can enjoy the wedding. While I did find a few cheaper options, I felt that having a responsive and experienced caterer was worth the extra spending, and I was not disappointed. I would certainly recommend Twomaytoz for events of any size!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Donald · Married on 06/23/2012

From our first meeting and the tasting through the serving of the cake the commitment, the service and the dinner were all excellent!

Sent on 09/24/2012

Meg · Married on 06/10/2011

Anthony and his team were very professional. We were pleased - the food was excellent and the team provided a worry free service.

Sent on 12/18/2011

Laura · Married on 08/09/2014

We used Twomaytoz Event Catering for our wedding on August 9th. Tricia was more than professional and met everyone of our needs. She even made sure I was eating. Everyone of my guests said the food was amazing. The set up and clean up went smoothly. Tricia was working our event and we felt there was nothing to worry about. I highly recommend this catering company.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Katie · Married on 06/02/2018

3.5

They catered our wedding. The food was phenomenal! The only real problem that we had was the servers that were provided to help put the food out were more distracted by talking to each other, that my mom had to ask them to put out food when we ran out. Other than that, we loved it!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Anjelica · Married on 06/16/2012

Food was top notch and every detail was met. They accomadated my guests food allergies and everyone had a great time. People still talk about the food at our wedding. It was made fresh and the presentation was perfect.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Chelsea · Married on 07/28/2012

I would recommend Twomaytoz Event Catering to anyone and everyone I know. Anthony and his staff are complete pros. They took care of me every step of the way, answered questions quickly, and gave an honest opinion when needed. You won't get any bull from them.

My wedding was at the 19th Century Club in Oak Park, which Twomaytoz does events at nearly every weekend. They know the space and can provide help/advice on layout. If there are no competing events in the space, they are willing to set up your tables, etc. early so you don't have to worry about it day-of.

The food was DELICIOUS and the bar service was fast and friendly. All the table linens were included with my package, and they looked great. Their packages are not cheap, but for me, it was worth the price. My guests were well taken-care of and went away well-fed and watered/boozed.

I also recommend you ask about their associated photobooth service - you will not regret having a photobooth! I have so many fun picture of my older, straight-laced relatives that I wouldn't have had otherwise. The price was reasonable and again the service was great.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Rhianna · Married on 10/25/2014

3.5

Anthony and Tricia with TwoMayToz were so helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. They were responsive, open to ideas, substitutions, and helped us work with our budget. Their set up of our venue was beautiful, and people were commenting on how it was the some of the best wedding food they had had (that is was good, let alone good for "wedding food"!). I'd use them again, and would recommend them to anyone. Thank you Tricia and Anthony for helping us and everyone we love have a great night.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Caitlin · Married on 09/03/2011

3.5

I used Tomatoz catering for my wedding in September. Everyone raved about the food, and the baker Anthony recommended made an amazing cake that looked and tasted exactly like I wanted.

I would have appreciated a little more communication at different intervals during the process, but I had enough initiative to make sure things were progressing well enough.

Over-all it was a very good choice

Sent on 12/09/2011