Twogether Events Reviews

Twogether Events 2
Twogether Events 3
  • Kenny

Kenny · Married on 04/08/2018

I heard great things about Sherrien from family and friends afterward and realized how incredibly lucky I was Sherrien officiated & emceed our wedding. The bride shares similar feelings and loves her too.

Sherrien was funny, sincere and personable. These traits are essential if you’re getting married and your nuptial will need ‘em! Her voice was pleasant, speech eloquent, complimented with perfectly timed, funny and witty remarks. We wanted our wedding to be classy yet not stuffy, Sherrien was perfect for that. She was sophisticated and interjected at the right time using the right words that put smiles on our faces and laughter in our souls.

There were several times when we went off-script. Sherrien saved the day and prevented unexpected events from derailing our wedding. There is always something that goes unplanned, but I felt we had one too many. First, we were running behind schedule and missed our opportunity to rehearse. During the processional, Sherrien directed and gave the cue for our entrance. She had me (the groom) and the groomsmen follow her lead and descended into the garden where our family and friends were seated on which I stepped into the gazebo to wait for my bride. We made our entrance as if it had been rehearsed before. Other times, Sherrien adapted. Sherrien pulled off a successful wedding despite having a few curved balls thrown her way. This officiant of mine who was also my emcee came in a larger package than what was ordered.

We had last minute changes up until the hour of. Sherrien was flexible and accommodated our needs. My cousin, who put in last minute requests on my behalf, worked with her and said she was so good about everything. She was with us the whole way and wanted us to have a successful celebration.

I had so much fun and there was so much happiness. I love her always-on mode and the never fading smile. Like family, she was always there. I adore her good-natured and vibrant personality.

Sent on 04/23/2018

Sharon · Married on 10/01/2017

We were so happy and satisfied with wedding planning service from Twogether Events. As our main wedding coordinator, Sherrien is very professional, knowledgeable and well-organized. During our six-month wedding planning, Sherrien always kindly gave us a lot of great and useful ideas and suggestions for wedding. Sherrien explained us many details and reasons why she feel this was good for us by WeChat or email even in the midnight. In our wedding day, everything was well-organized and followed the timeline. She wrapped up everything before our wedding and gave us and other bridesmaids ' morning call to ensure all of us get up on time. My wedding dress was too long and heavy to walk, but Sherrien helped to carry my dress and made me relaxed. We received a lot if compliments from a lot of our guests. They feel our wedding was very successful and warm hearted. I will highly recommend to hire Sherrien as your wedding coordinator or MC! Thank you Sherrien!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Twogether Events's reply:

Thank you for your compliment. This means a lot to us.
  • Jane

Jane · Married on 10/23/2016

If I can give additional stars for Twogether Events on this review, there simply wouldn't be any stars left on this WeddingWire site. From the moment we met Sherrien, we knew she was the absolute best choice. She is so personable, knowledgeable, professional and extremely organized. We planned the entire wedding during our busy season, and Sherrien couldn't have been more accommodating! She kept us on track from the very start and actually made the wedding planning process very relaxing for us. She has wonderful relationships with vendors all over SoCal and really worked with us to figure out which ones suited our needs and budget. She is tech savvy. We used Google Drive and WeChat to keep track of all our conversation. And she would answer my text 2:00 in the morning!

There are so many things to think about when you're planning a wedding- so many little details- and she really made us feel that no request was too much to ask. Sherrien really goes above and beyond and her hard work really paid off with all the compliments we received on our wedding! She was really able to bring our vision to life, and beyond- the final design was better than anything we could have dreamed of. From her recommendations on linens, to florists, to mini license plate place cards, and all those little touches that make a big impact, everything was perfect.

It was raining on our wedding day. Sherrien and her team were at our wedding all day and were able to manage the last minute location changes and ensuring everything was running smoothly without a hitch. She assigned an assistant just to cater me which made me feel very special and pampered.

Sherrien is a true talent in every sense of the word! You can rest assured that you will be well taken care of when you decide to plan your wedding with Sherrien and Twogether Events! Thank you Sherrien, you really are the BEST!

Sent on 02/17/2017

Jia · Married on 07/24/2016

We found Sherrien one month before our wedding on WeChat. She was very professional, talented, organized, flexible, and met with us on short notice! We learned that not only could coordinate and design our wedding, she is also a professional MC, singer and officiant. Sherrien is the best of best. She is so devoted to giving you what you want, extremely organized, creative with many fun ideas, and an amazing problem solver. We came to her a month before our wedding with nothing planned. She was able to find us a venue at a discounted price, and lined up all the vendors for us within a week. On top of that, she's always smiling and laughing and making everyone feel happy no matter what. We can not thank her enough for a flawless wedding and taking on additional responsibility. All of our wedding guests raved about her team! We highly recommend Sherrien and Twogether Events.

Twogether Events 4
    Twogether Events 5
    Twogether Events 6
    Sent on 11/13/2017

Twogether Events's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful comment. Your recognition means a lot to us.

Robin · Married on 03/05/2016

We decided to hire Twogether events as our wedding planner from all the recommendation we received and it was the best decision we've made. Everything went absolutely according to plan and all of our guests had nothing but praise to say about how elegant and beautiful the wedding was. Twogether have our 100% approval and recommendation! Thank you for your team's professionalism and hard work, we are very satisfied!

Sent on 03/17/2016

Tianyu · Married on 02/20/2016

It was the best decision to hire Sherrien as our wedding planner. She is very professional and experienced on all wedding stuff. We basically asked her everything about how to prepare a wedding, and she always response ASAP and provide valuable suggestions. And she helped a lot when we book the vendors. You can tell Sherrien really cared about her customers.
    And our wedding turned out just perfect. We got a lot compliment from our guests and one of the guests signed a contract with Sherrien after our wedding! I will absolutely recommend Sherrien and Twogether events to all the couples who want a perfect wedding.

Sent on 03/20/2016
  • W

Winnie · Married on 05/26/2013

I am so happy to have Twogether Events doing my wedding planning and MC. Sherrien concerned every detail, and try to make everything perfect, and I am so glad to have her to be my MC also. I heard a lot of compliments about her from my guests. Also, Michelle, Candice and David were helping me with everything to make sure the wedding was going smooth. I feel so lucky to choose Twogether Events for my big day!

Sent on 05/28/2013

We hired Sherrien for our MC and officiant and Alisha for our month of wedding coordinator. I LOVED THEM!!!!! They are very organized and on top of it! They noticed things that i may need to correct that i did not notice. My wedding day was STRESS FREE because of them!!! I did not worry about anything and everything happened according to the timeline (before the wedding, Alisha will make the wedding timeline for you according to what you want to do during your wedding). The morning of the wedding, I handed Alisha all the wedding favors, guest book and etc. and she took over everything from there, made sure all the vendor arrived and set up on time, she wrapped up everything after the wedding as well. She made sure we ran according to timeline.

Sherrien is a very lively person, she brings your spirits up. She is very experienced and she is bilingual. I couldn't be happier.

They have different packages depending on how much help you would like. the package we booked is the month of coordination, we booked all the vendors ourselves. A few month before the wedding, Alisha made sure I booked all the vendors I needed. She asked for the contact info, she even asked for the contact info of my bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents, ushers, guest book attendants. Before the wedding, she will email everyone and remind them of their duties and final reminders.

All the girls that day were super helpful, and very pleasant to work with. Anything you need, they will be there ! they are just great! awesome ! the best! =)

Sent on 07/06/2012

Twogether Events's reply:

Thank you, Kathy and Jason. It was a very touching moment watching your dad walking you down the aisle. We could feel the love and joy surrounding you and your family. Please keep in touch.

Pam · Married on 12/10/2011

We hired Twogether Events for our wedding coordination, emcee and officiant services and we are very satisfied with their services.
    All their staff are very professional, extremely detail oriented, and fun to work with. They have a med-size team of 20 some staffs to support us on choosing my wedding gown, suggesting on menu and wine selections, giving us ideas on the theme, prints, lighting and linen. Our coordinator gave us many suggestions and ideas on other vendors during the wedding planning stage, which helped us a lot. Their entire coordination team is very flexible and is able to adjust the schedule in the last minute based on our needs.

Another thing I'd like to mention is I am Chinese and my husband is Caucasian. My parents and grandparents were very appreciated to have a bilingual officiant and emcee at our wedding. The best of all was their entertainment. The bilingual emcee and DJ were a great combination. They were funny, creative and really got the crowd going. They went over the wedding games and program with us prior. So we picked wedding games that are more interactive and not cheesy.

We received many positive feedback from our wedding guests. We highly recommend Twogether Events for wedding services!

Sent on 12/29/2011

Twogether Events's reply:

Thank you for your great review. It was am honor to be part of your beautiful memory. We are looking forward to plan your baby shower soon.
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/02/2011

We really had a PERFECT wedding with the big help of Twogether Events!! When we found Ms. Sherrin, the founder of Twogether Events, we had a very tight timeline and not so big bugget, and we knew NOTHING about how to prepare a wedding in US... Then after talking about the wish that I want to have a fairytale wedding in Disneyland, they began to plan everything fast, and at the same time, trying their best to save our money. I feel like they treat me more like a friend, a family than a client. Within less than two-month preparation time, they helped me coordinating with Disneyland, finding such a nice flowerist, designing and printing beautiful invitation, finding a reasonable price DJ... In a sentence, they helped me from nothing to having an unforgettable and perfect wedding. And during the wedding day, their team also did an excellent job, gave my husband and me an enjoyable, worry-free wedding day. They are very professional, warm, caring your wish and need. I feel very lucky to find them and appreciate their work very much.

Sent on 01/14/2012

Twogether Events's reply:

Thank you for your great review. We had so much fun planning your fairy tale wedding at Disneyland Hotel. We can see how exciting you and your guests were when Mickey and Minnie arrived at your reception. We also got great review from Disneyland Hotel's coordinator. They said Sherrien was the best Wedding MC that they've ever worked with. We wish you all the best and we'll definitely help you planning your baby shower!

Hao · Married on 09/25/2011

I had Jessica as my wedding coordinator. She's very nice, responsive, and get things done fast. Made my life much easier during the wedding planning stage.

Usually the last week before wedding is most intensive in terms of stuff that needs to get done. I had at least a phone call on average with Jessica and she's able to respond to my needs within the hour. Very, very helpful.

I highly recommend Jessica for wedding planning if you want to avoid the bride-zilla moments before the wedding :)

Sent on 01/09/2012

Twogether Events's reply:

Thank you for your recognition. We are very honored to be part of your wedding.
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 06/18/2011

Having Sherrien as my wedding MC and her wedding planning team as the coordinators, this is the best decision I've ever made in one of the most important things in my life so far!

Me and my wife May could not ever think about who can do the job right on the biggest day with reasonable price, qualify of the work, professionalism, many and many!

Sherrien and the wedding planning team had total control of my wedding date, everything was handled right, all my guests were impressed with great memories, and this is exactly what we were looking for on such an event.

Not only they have the quality to do the job, also they have qualified vendors and referral connections on venues for you to choose. It is amazing how we picked the venue through Sherrien's help. The florist decor was absolutely georgous, which was recommanded by Sherrien as well.

So put it all together, we had a wonderful and beautiful wedding done with Sherrien's help. She and the crew is the smartest choice for any wedding events!

Sent on 06/25/2011

Twogether Events's reply:

Thank you, Michael and May. It was our pleasure working with you and your friends to create a beautiful wedding together. We heard so many compliments from your guests too - including your parents. Wishing you all the best!

ally · Married on 06/18/2011

I had Jessica Su as my wedding coordinate at the day of the wedding. She was AWESOME! Now we look back, we can't imagine not having her on that day!! Jessica and her assistants were calm and professional, they made my wedding day flow smoothly and drama-free.

Although I only paid for the service on that day, Jessica met with us and florist several times before the wedding to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. She also dealt with the hotel event manager for me. Jessica and Sherrien also provided valuable advices tailored to my situation. In general, the services were well worth the fees that I paid.

Thank you Jessica and Sherrien to make my wedding day perfect!!

Sent on 07/27/2011

Twogether Events's reply:

Ally, thank you for your recognition. We are happy to hear you love your wedding.
  • W

Iesan · Married on 08/21/2010

Sherrien is hands-down the best for wedding emcee, wedding planning in Southern California. She came highly recommended by my husband's sister who also used Twogether event's services for her wedding, and we were lucky to be able to grab her for our wedding in August 2010. Not only is she very sweet, put together, and great to work with, she's also one of the few emcees with multiple language talents in English, Mandarin, Taiwanese, and Shanghainese. She can speak them all very well too!

Sherrien makes your wedding run smoothly and very fun! To this day, I still get a lot of compliments on how fun the wedding and our emcee was. In fact, right after our wedding, another couple from our guestlist signed Sherrien up to be an emcee right away.

Without hesitation, I highly recommend Sherrien!

Sent on 12/20/2010

Twogether Events's reply:

Iesan, thank you for the kind words. I had so much fun working at your wedding too. Stay in touch!

jennifer · Married on 06/26/2010

Sherrien was the MC for our wedding, and she had a very organized timeline for me. She planned the events & fun games according to our needs for our wedding ceremony. It was very fun working with Twogether Events! Sherrien was full of energy and had a lot of fun at our wedding, we would definitely tell our friends about Twogether Events!

Sent on 01/17/2011

Twogether Events's reply:

Thank you, Jennifer. You and your bridal party looked so cool with the Paparazzi Entrance. Did you enjoy it like I do? I love your makeup and hair-do too. You are so beautiful. BTW, thanks for the cute rain boots. I love them!

Sandra Sheng · Married on 06/20/2010

Sherrien is very organized and experienced! She gave us a lot of great suggestion and tips, she is always there for us when we have questions. We had a lot of fun planning the wedding and did not have any stress at all. Overall, we had a wonderful experience working with Twogether Events!

Sent on 12/07/2010

Twogether Events's reply:

Sandra darling, it was so touching to create a beautiful and elegant for you. We really love Pelican Hills. The view was to die for. BTW, having all the professional models and stylists as your bridesmaids, I must say - your wedding party is stunning!

Jason · Married on 02/14/2010

Sherrien is a great MC. The guests loved Sherrien, and we are very pleased to have her host the wedding for us.

Sent on 02/23/2010

Twogether Events's reply:

Jason, thank you for the compliment. It was great to be your MC and celebrate Valentine's Day with 300 guests. I hope your friends enjoyed the after-party games. Cheers!

Charlie · Married on 09/13/2009

Rev. Sherrien Shui was an incredibly professional, warm, and personable officiant. She was very organized, and wanted to get to know us as a couple even during our initial meeting. I appreciated how flexible she was in the ceremony content we wanted. Instead of presenting flowers to our parents, she conducted a tea ceremony as part of our wedding ceremony. It was beautifully done. Her bilingual skills were great help for my relatives who were in town just for the wedding.

She was able to move her schedule around to suit a better meeting location because my fiance and I work far away from her office. Even though we didn't need her to run through the rehearsal, she gave us enough direction during our final meeting that we felt very comfortable running the rehearsal without her being there. Our guests complimented her friendly delivery style and warmth. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/20/2010

Twogether Events's reply:

Thank you for your compliment! We wish you all the best.

Nikolena · Married on 08/09/2008

Sherrien was both our officiant and our MC for our wedding. Her DJ, Roger (very good DJ and very professional), was also part of our deal. I started talking to Sherrien back in Feb 07 and she helped me so much with my planning. We had originally booked her in July 07 to be our DOC, officiant, and MC (with DJ included) for $4150. However, after having Ethan we needed to save some $ and she suggested us having a friend coordinate and she would do the rest. So for $1850 we had her as our bilingual officiant, our MC and had a DJ with her. Now, I know that sounds expensive compared to the other DJs but Sherrien was worth every single penny! She is GOOD! I believe she’s done over 450 weddings and it definitely shows. She made sure that every single guest was having fun and understood what was going on—translating back and forth from Mandarin to English and vice versa. She coordinated the whole reception, made sure the restaurant brought my champagne glasses, cake knife and cider (which they forgot), she handled talking to the manager when he was complaining it was too loud, she handled when I got changed, etc. She was super entertaining and was able to adjust the timeline and make it look flawless. (like late guest arrivals, missing wedding party, bride taking too long to change, etc). In addition, she provided me with sooooooooooooooooo much help pre-wedding in terms of emailing me (we had over 300 emails) ideas, preferred vendors, etc. We spent many nights on MSN discussing my wedding plans. She planned out the whole reception timeline for me. During the ceremony she was helpful beforehand making sure we knew the script in mandarin, where to stand, etc. She helped orchestrate the wedding that day, take care of my Ethan during pictures, etc. She coordinated with my other vendors on the wedding day on when to be to the restaurant, etc. She also gave advice on what to do and not to do during the reception to make it fun. She even had fun herself—dancing with DH’s uncles. She was a hit! Everyone loved her. My DH did originally not want to book her due to her price (her only negative) but he LOVED her in the end. She is really good at making the bride and groom happy and captures the crowd. Her games are fun and she is really good at adjusting them (tables that won’t participate, changing the game a bit when my centerpieces were stolen, etc.) We were actually sad when the reception was over!

Sent on 02/03/2010

Twogether Events's reply:

It so good to read your review, Nikolena. Thank you for the kind words. I am sorry to hear that you feel "sad" when the reception was over. We could always have excuses to have other parties - baby showers, birthdays, anniversaries. How's Ethan doing? He is such a cute boy...must be from his mommy.

april · Married on 07/20/2008

Even though Sherrien was not our wedding planner since i planned everything on my own, she was still so helpful and eager to make sure everything would go right on our wedding, she was the MC and we also booked the DJ through her. one our wedding day, she looked very professional in a nice blue gown and throughout the dinner, she made sure all the activities were running smoothly, i could tell she has lots of experience in her field, and some of our relatives and friends were impressed with her! having her handle our wedding was probably one of the smartest things we did in our wedding!

Twogether Events's reply:

Thank you, April. I couldn't hide my passion about weddings. Even when I only work as a MC or officiant, I will still offer you some ideas or helping with setup at your wedding. Having a wedding at Disneyland is my dream too. And you helped me to vision it. So...thank you for making my dreams come true too!

Jessica · Married on 03/25/2008

I felt she is always full of energy, and very passionate to plan my wedding. She is very organized, very detail on little thing. She is very creative. I really appreciate she is my wedding planner

Sent on 01/22/2010

Twogether Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Jessica. Best of luck in everything you do.

JENNY · Married on 12/02/2007

Please accept my most cordial thanks for your timely help which will be engraved in my thankful mind... Thank you for the pleasure you wedding gift brought and for your good wishes..

Thank you Jenny.

Amy · Married on 06/18/2005

Handled a large (400+) bilingual wedding like it was second nature. creative ideas for activities, and very efficient and professional.

Twogether Events's reply:

Thank you for your compliments. We will keep up all the good work.
  • X

Bonnie · Married on 11/08/2003

Great service from Sherrien. Very professional highly recommended. We didn't know what to do when it came to the reception as we already book the venue at Universal Hilton. Sherrien came up with a really good run down of different activitiies during 10 courses of Chinese banquet. All my guests enjoyed the games and entertainment through out the night. We didn't have to worry much and just enjoyed the night.

Joyce · Married on 01/12/2013

Sherrien was the officiant at our wedding and we couldn't be happier with her. Having an officiant who's fluent in both Mandarin and English was important to us because we had a lot of family from overseas attending. Sherrien did a fabulous job delivering the ceremony in both languages with authority, confidence, and emotion.

Sherrien was also the reason our ceremony turned out so beautiful and went on so smoothly. I didn't have a ceremony coordinator so I was a little worried about how things would run. As soon as Sherrien showed up at the rehearsal, all my worries went away. She's so experienced and told everyone when to walk, how to stand on the stage, etc.

Sherrien did all this with a horrible cold and an aching throat. We can't thank you enough!

Sent on 01/18/2013