Two17 Photo & Cinema Reviews

71 | Dresher, PA

71 Reviews for Two17 Photo & Cinema

Mary · Married on 09/21/2014

We cannot say thank you enough to Pete. From our initial correspondence right through to the big day, he was calm, professional, patient, and fun. Weddings can be stressful, but he was always there for us and made us feel at ease. When it came to the big day you barely knew him and the second shooter were there- they blended in so well. During our engagement photo session, Pete worked with us so that we would be prepared for being photographed on the wedding day – it was so helpful to have that first session. During the planning process it was very clear that Pete had a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience, he educated us and helped us plan, so that we would be prepared and get all the photos we wanted on the big day. To us the photos were the most important part of our wedding, because we would have them to look back on for years to come – the actual day is just such a blur! Pete has a true talent at capturing an experience. He exceeded our expectations and we are truly happy to have such lovely wedding photos. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Pete – we love our wedding album and all of the beautiful photos you captured from our big day. We look forward to sharing them with our family for years to come!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you so much Mary for such a wonderful review! Everything about your wedding was a joy. Thank you for trusting me with your wedding photos. All the best to you and Alex for a lifetime of happiness.

Barbara · Married on 09/20/2014

We LOVED everything about 217 Photography. We found Pete's work by browsing online, and immediately loved the style of his photos as seen on his blog. Originally, we thought that he was a little over our price range, but we are so glad that we decided to go for it and spend the extra money. He is so nice and friendly to work with, which is so important when someone is capturing your wedding and engagement.

We appreciated that he was always responsive to emails, and willing to skype, as neither of us live in the area now. We were not in a rush to get our video and photo album, but he did get us all of our prints very quickly, and the album was well-worth the wait. We loved being involved in the process of the al

Sent on 04/29/2015

Pete is just the most amazing photographer. He shot our engagement pictures and our wedding, and we couldn't be happier. He was a joy to work with, from the first meeting through the wedding. We had so much fun shooting engagement pictures with him, and he kept me so calm the morning of my wedding. His pictures are phenomenal. He is easy to get in touch with, and always responds quickly. He worked with a great team for our wedding, and our guests had so much fun in the photo booth and with the props he brought. I would recommend Pete to anyone I know getting married or needing at portraits/pictures.

Sent on 10/06/2014

When we had our first meeting with Pete and saw more of his portfolio and got to know his personality, we immediately knew we wanted him to be OUR GUY. We worked with Pete for our engagement and wedding photos. In both cases, the experience was more than we could have ever asked for. My husband is not always the most comfortable person in front of a camera, but Pete made the process easy. His prompt manner, kindness and sense of humor made our wedding day perfect and stress free. We loved our photos and our album was everything we could have dreamed of. TRULY PERFECTION! If you’re looking for someone to capture all the great moments of your day; Pete is your guy! We cannot wait to use him for future celebrations!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Kate · Married on 07/19/2014

I can't possibly say enough about what Pete did for us. When I looked at his photos online and my photography-buff fiance actually approved (a rare occurrence throughout the search), I was sure we'd never be able to afford him and dreaded trying to find another photog whose work could compare. Pete sat down with us and we tweaked packages until we were able to make it work. The night we left his office was the happiest I'd been during our entire planning process. His talent is undeniable, and a quick peek at his blog can show you that...but what you don't know until you meet him is what a GREAT guy he is. He offered me excellent advice on non-photography aspects of my wedding, calmed my nerves on the big day, made posing for pictures actually fun and is so much fun to be around I was sad when it was time for him to leave...not because I wanted more photos (though who doesn't?) but because I wanted him to have a few drinks and party with us. My bridal party and guests alike complimented me on how awesome he was all night (and that was even before they saw the gorgeous photos!). Looking through my wedding pictures feels as close as it gets to actually re-living the best day of my life. That's all anyone could ask for in wedding photos and Pete delivers that and so much more. Hiring 217 Photography was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. I'd recommend Pete to anyone, wholeheartedly and I can only hope I see him at weddings of my friends and family for years to come.

Sent on 04/29/2015

Stephanie · Married on 05/25/2014

Pete Malone is THE BEST!

If you're looking for (what I would call) a non-traditional photographer with a unique style, you will not be disappointed with 217 Photography. Pete is so much fun to work with – a great personality and sense of humor, but also a willingness to listen to your fears, concerns and must-haves without judgement. From the first meeting, we knew we were in good hands and Pete would deliver. That ended up being an UNDERSTATEMENT.

For those who aren't comfortable having pictures taken – Pete will put you at ease. Our engagement session (in a snowstorm!) was the perfect time to become more comfortable in front of the camera and get to know Pete even better. He made us laugh and giggle through the entire session, and our engagement photos were beyond amazing!

I can't express in words how breathtakingly beautiful our wedding photos are – perhaps the fact that they'll be featured in an upcoming edition of The Knot magazine is a great starting point!!! What I love most is that nothing felt or looked posed, all the images are candid and natural (something we absolutely needed in a photographer), and Pete's sense of color and composition are unmatched.

Pete made us feel comfortable and taken care of every single step of the way. He provided a superior level of service and product, and I would recommend him to anyone!!!!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Samantha · Married on 09/20/2013

I was extremely happy with my decision to book 217 Photography for my September 2013 wedding. I met with Pete before booking to get some information and knew as soon as I left that I needed to book him! He was so nice and genuine and his pictures are just perfect! He was a pleasure to work with as were the 2 girls he brought with him to help. I e-mailed with Pete often both before and after the wedding and he was always so easy to work with and VERY accommodating. Our pictures and album turned out beautiful. I would recommend Pete and 217 Photography to anyone! You will not be disappointed!!!!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Liz · Married on 07/05/2013

Pete Malone and his entire staff at 217 Photography were beyond amazing. We met Pete in December to take our engagement photos and he made us feel comfortable right from the beginning. He has a great personality and his experience shows in the quality of his work. On our wedding day, his entire photography/videography team were incredible. We already received a sneak peek of some of the photos from our wedding and everything looks outstanding. We cannot wait to receive all the proofs from the whole day! Given the opportunity, we look forward to working with Pete again! We highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Pete was fabulous! He was very easy to work with and allowed us to enjoy our day, all while capturing the best moments of our wedding. We absolutely love our pictures!! Would absolutely recommend him to another future bride!

Sent on 09/14/2013
  • Patty

Patty · Married on 06/16/2012

Wonderful to work with. Very professional. Can't wait for the proofs

Sent on 06/19/2012

Allison · Married on 02/25/2012

Pete is THE BEST wedding photographer out there!! Besides all of his photos look absolutely gorgeous, he is so easy to work with. Pete was able to adjust our timeline for day of last minute without any issues. He was very knowledgable about the best locations in the area to use for pictures, and had rainy-day back up locations if needed. We were planning out wedding out-of-state, and Pete was very flexible in having FaceTime meetings and emailing when we weren't able to meet in person. You will not find a better photographer out there!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Allison! Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We had a wonderful time with you, Adam and your families. Thank you for being so open to any photo ideas we had. Congratulations to you both!

Maria · Married on 09/30/2011

Pete was extremely flexible when it came time to book our engagement photo shoot. We were planning to schedule a hot air balloon ride for the day and weather/wind conditions were an added factor. Pete changed dates with us to help accommodate this and took some great shots of us both before, during and after the balloon ride. We are looking forward to the wedding day and all the photos that come with it!

Sent on 01/10/2012

Casey · Married on 05/29/2011

Pete Malone is absolutely amazing. From the very first time I e-mailed him he was quick and attentive with every one of our correspondence, usually responding within that same day, or very soon after. He would never give just a one or two sentence response. He would always explain everything perfectly, and kept us up to date with everything we needed to know. Before even meeting us, we felt like Pete really made a huge effort to get to know us, to make our experience with him even better. By the time we met Pete for the first time at our engagement shoot, we felt completely comfortable around him. By the time the wedding came around, he was like an old friend.

What my husband and I loved about Pete's work is that his pictures are beautiful, and artistic, however they are still very casual. At both our engagement shoot, and our wedding, Pete would pose us just a few times to give us some really great shots, and then he would pretty much let us go off and do our own thing taking great candids along the way. Pete was so great with everyone at our wedding, and our guests were in love with him. Through out the ceremony and the reception, we barely noticed he was there as he captured tons of amazing pictures of our guests having a great time. Pete takes great pride in his work, and always strives to get "just one more picture", especially when the light is perfect. In all of his pictures, you can see that Pete is amazing at capturing the spirit of what's going on.

You can really tell that he absolutely love his work, and takes great pride in being a professional. We can say that, with out a doubt, that 217 Photography will be one of the best investments you could have.

Sent on 07/25/2011

Lyndsay · Married on 12/11/2010

Dear Brides to Be,

I cannot even begin to express my love for 217 Photography and for Pete. What a fantastic experience my husband and I had with 217! We got married in December of 2010 and started working with Pete over a year before that and what a pleasure it was. Pete is incredibly talented and extremely professional. His talent shines through in every single picture he takes. He also is a really fun guy and will make your wedding day (or whatever event he's photographing) that much more fun. And then to get such beautiful photographs with a timeless yet unique twist - well, we just couldn't be more pleased. My husband and I can't wait to have another monumental thing happen to us just so that Pete can come and capture it on film!

You'll spend a lot of money on this very special day and I don't blame you for analyzing every cent. Keep in mind that your photos are the thing that you keep with you - it's one of the only things of the day that is ever lasting. One day your children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and so on and so forth will look at these photos, so it is an important decision. 217 creates such fabulous memories for you to share with your loved ones. So when considering your photographer, stop right here and go with 217!

Lyndsay & Mike

Sent on 05/05/2011

Ali · Married on 09/05/2010

Being designers, we were very particular in selecting our vendors- especially our photographer. Pete captured our wedding day so perfectly! We could not have been more pleased that we chose to work with Pete at 217 Photography. Easy and fun to work with, Pete is the kind of person you want to be part of your big day. All our guests commented on how great he was, and that was before they even saw the photos! Now everyone tells us they are the best wedding photos they've ever seen- and we agree. :)

Sent on 06/30/2011

Megan · Married on 05/21/2010

When I first got engaged the one thing I knew was who I wanted as my photographer. I came across his blog and saw the amazing work that was done. He didn't do the traditional type of wedding photographer. He had a way of capturing the moment without it feeling staged.

He was open to doing unique shots on the bridge, and in front of antique stores. He never stopped shooting film. He was very professional, dressed very nice. He was a pleasure to work with.

I hope to work with him again.

Sent on 06/08/2010

Caitlin · Married on 04/14/2018

We loved working with Pete! He was incredibly friendly and responsive and his extensive wedding day questionnaire made us feel like no stone was left unturned in the planning process leading up to the wedding. Pete is easy to be around and a professional dude through and through. His shooting style in unobtrusive and he captured some dance floor pictures that we absolutely love. The second shooter at times seemed annoyed by our bridal party, but in all fairness we were running behind schedule and it was a herding cats situation - I would say definitely delegate someone else to be your time keeper and move things along so you don't create any tension! Our preview photos came through during our honeymoon which was such a nice surprise and we had our final images within a month. Overall we were very pleased with our experience!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you so much Caitlin! You and Dan were just wonderful to work with as well. I don't know if we have photographed a more smiley bride ever. Your enthusiasm for just about everything on your wedding day was contagious and your entire celebration was so memorable. We loved working with you guys and we loved all of the thoughtful details that you added to your day.....particularly the David Bowie Pizza parade to end the evening!
  • Lonni

Lonni · Married on 04/28/2013

Hiring Pete Malone and 217 Photography was the best decision we made regarding our wedding. Pete, we cannot thank you enough for everything you did to make our wedding a day we will treasure forever. Not only were you so much fun to be around - so calm, chill and easy going - but working with you during the entire wedding process was truly a pleasure. There are always some bumps in the road and issues to navigate when planning a big event, but you have no idea how much your accommodating nature, flexibility and hardworking attitude helped ease the stress of planning a wedding.

We couldn't have done this without you. The engagement photo shoot was fantastic and so much fun, the moments and feelings between Josh and me that you captured were beautiful, and being with you on the wedding day meant more to me than you know. The photos came out absolutely beautiful and Josh and I will treasure them forever.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Josh and I feel so grateful and blessed, and the day couldn't have gone more perfectly. And we owe so much of that to you.

Sent on 09/29/2013
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/18/2010

Our wedding day, like everyone told us it would, went by entirely too quickly. The night’s end found us wishing we could relive it all again. Luckily, Pete and his team capture all of the day’s action.

Pete’s eye for great photography is undeniable, but more importantly, we found him to be a great person to work with. His goal from the beginning was to make sure that we felt comfortable working with him and that everyone had fun. Looking at the photos from our wedding day, he not only captured how we looked, but he managed to capture the emotions of the day. Pete was very understanding of our desire to record every aspect of the day, and was willing to stay longer at the reception than he was obligated to (even though that was wedding #2 of a 3-wedding weekend).

We’ve come out of this process having found a great photographer and a new friend. We’d recommend Pete to any couple who loves having fun and wants their memories captured perfectly.

Melissa and Ed
    September 18, 2010

Sent on 05/11/2011

Jaime · Married on 09/15/2012

When my husband and I first sat down together to prioritize how we wanted to budget our wedding we each had the same item at the top of our list: photographer. We knew we wanted the best, and we are so happy we got him. Pete is amazingly talented. What drew us to his work is the energy he captures in photos. Sometimes wedding photography can look stiff, ordinary and can lack personality. Not Pete. His photos exude personality. Throughout the process Pete was professional, kind and extremely easy to work with. Shooting photos with Pete was always fun.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Jill · Married on 07/30/2011

Pete at 217 photography is excellent to work with. He is very easy going by nature, and very professional at the same time. He helped me as the bride to stay calm, relaxed, and happy on my wedding day because he guided everyone and kept them on task. He gets the job done while keeping everyone smiling. Also, the complimentary engagement session was a lot of fun and a great way to get us familiar with being photographed. Choose 217 and you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/17/2011