42 Reviews for Two River Events, LLC

Guest List (3)
Civil (2)
Destination (1)
Military (1)

Kari works at Williamsburg Winery so she was an expert while helping me plan layouts for the ceremony and reception. She had wonderful suggestions for our menu as well. Most importantly, she watched the weather forecast (and forbade me from looking at it haha) and ultimately suggested that we move our ceremony from outdoors to indoors. She was very calm so I was calm as well and I trusted her judgement. She coordinated with my florist and they ended up creating a ceremony space that was more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed of. Kari is attentive, personable, has great judgement, and executed everything perfectly. Thank you, Kari!

Profile Picture Catie, 6/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kari was very professional and made sure everything was set for our big day! She helped us before the event and of course, on the day of she was there early making sure I wouldn't worry about anything. She set the ceremony and the reception space in such a beautiful way, and was very flexible and up for every little change we had to do during the day. Also she helped us in the end of the night organizing all our stuff and helping us to bring it back home! Highly recommend!! Thanks Kari!!

Profile Picture Heloisa, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kari is an incredible wedding planner! I have had the pleasure of being friends with her for almost all of my life. I have watched her work incredibly hard at growing her business and providing exceptional services to all of her brides and grooms. My decision was not hard when asking her to be our wedding planner this May. Of course we wanted her their as our guest, but we also wanted the best person to help us plan our special day. Not only did she fly in and out of South Carolina in 48 hours to be there with us and help our wedding day go off without a hitch, our wedding was the day after her birthday! She is highly dedicated, organized, works incredibly well with other vendors, and truly made our day so seamlessly easy! I did not have to worry about one thing the day of my wedding, Kari took care of everything. We truly could not have done it without her, nor would we have wanted to. We can’t thank you enough, Kari!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kari made the day run perfectly! She is super friendly and professional, and makes sure that every single detail is covered. The day was absolutely wonderful!! One of our round tables was missing from the caterers, and she had connections in the area to get the whole table - along with all the specific linens, plates, silverware, etc. replaced before the reception. If you're going to do a lot of DIY, or just taking a lot of stuff home at the end of the night, she is an EXPERT packer. All of our gifts and decorations made it home safely. Everything just ran so smoothly and she made sure we had our fairytale wedding (and that we had plenty of time to eat!!) Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I’m very happy that we got to work with Kari. She is very professional and she kept things running smoothly. Kari has a solution for anything unexpected that pops up. Our wedding day was stress free just because of her and we enjoyed every second of it.

Profile Picture Shima, 5/19/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Absolutely thrilled with Kari and everything she did to help me plan my husband and I’s special day!!! It was absolutely the best day and she went above and beyond to keep us on track and give me everything I wanted!!! Highly recommend working with her, she is a PRO!

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kari was wonderful. She was there for you when you needed her.

Profile Picture Marcella, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kari Scruggs was great, I highly recommend Two River Events. As the day of coordinator I didn't need to worry about anything, everything that I wanted was carried out perfectly, my daughters wedding was a spectacular event, a real fairy tale wedding!!

Profile Picture Joanne, 10/15/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kari from Two River Events is the coordinator for you if you want someone who will hit the ground running, make quick judgment calls and roll with the punches - and an eye for making sure everything looks great, too! She has a fun, positive attitude, and as things were underway for our wedding, we had no worries knowing that she was taking care of everything - and we could focus on the day and enjoying it with our loved ones! We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Jesse, 9/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kari came highly recommended to me by my florist and boy am I happy that she was! I was slightly worried knowing that I had a wedding based out of Loudoun County, Virginia and Kari is based in Williamsburg, but she was always able to attend vendor meetings and the rehearsal on time and enthusiastically. In fact, her enthusiasm and laid back nature seriously helped relieve my stress about the planning and helped me finally start to enjoy the process! I'm a very visual person, and Kari was able to help me hone my aesthetic so that it really felt like my vision, but when I threw a bunch of random things at her on the day and said "uh, I had this in mind but I don't know how to do it" she pulled it all together better than I ever could have. Leading up to the event, she took the time to answer every silly question I had (and believe me, I had plenty), define a timeline, abate any and all stress, and I seriously do not know what I would have done without her on the day itself! She really made a point of working with me to address my personal pressure points for my specific event, and I never felt like I was just getting stock treatment. My only regret is that I didn't start working with her earlier in the planning process. HIRE HER IMMEDIATELY!

Profile Picture Robin, 4/30/17, 3 Reviews
4.7

My venue required a wedding coordinator and, since I knew Kari from HS/college, I decided to give her a shot. I'm so glad we did! Kari is very straightforward with a tell you like it is mindset. I was all over the place with what I wanted and she was able to help me hone in on something and made my day go smoother than I could have ever imagined :) She also was able to provide great recommendations for additional vendors. She really takes pride in her work and does a great job at making the day run smoothly!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We used Kari for her day of event coordinating services and she was absolutely amazing!! She met with us in person twice prior to the wedding to discuss details and give us feedback on the ideas that we had. On the day of the wedding everything went so smoothly, I didn't worry about anything because she was handling everything!!! She helped ensure that our wedding day was so much better than I could have ever expected and I would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/5/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

For our vow renewal we knew we wanted a wedding planner because we didn't have one ten years ago when we got married. I wish I had known Kari back then. Her hard work, attention to detail, and overall creative service is one of a kind. If you want your wedding day to go smoothly hire her immediately!

Profile Picture Meredith, 10/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Military

Kari was awesome throughout our whole wedding planning process. Even though she was only supposed to be there for the rehearsal and day of the wedding, any questions I had leading up to the wedding she was always there to help and give her opinion. The day of the wedding was so stress free for me and my family, no one had to worry about a thing. At the end of the night when my parents were trying to find everything, they were pleasantly surprised that Kari had already done EVERYTHING! Highly recommended

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/1/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with the Two River Events team was wonderful! I felt comfortable that everything was going to be perfect for my big day and knew that the team would make sure everything ran smoothly. I could not have made a better choice! They set up my space perfectly and made small changes to my plan that made the space even more beautiful! I was able to coordinate my wedding in North Carolina with Kari in Virginia and have everything flow perfectly! Any bride would be lucky to work with Kari and her team!

Profile Picture Chaning, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kari is amazing! I was very overwhelmed with the whole wedding process but she helped me prioritize and made sure everything ran smoothly. The best man's tux had a hole in the pocket so my wedding band went missing right before the ceremony and she kept everyone calm and let us borrow hers.
She made sure all the vendors were on the lookout for the ring and we found it! Can't say enough good things about her!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/23/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We worked directly with Kari for our day-of coordination. She went absolutely above and beyond and we could not have asked for a better person to share our day with! I even had one of my guests say, "I have been to several weddings and none of them have been as spot on with time and coordination as yours." I HIGHLY recommend her!

Profile Picture Journey, 9/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kari was such a crucial part of our wedding day! She kept everything flowing with the timeline that I created and she helped with set up and clean up as a part of her day of services. Despite a hurricane on our wedding weekend, she kept her composure and was ready with a backup plan for any weather event! We we able to go through with the outdoor ceremony that we dreamed of. I wouldn't have survived the day without her!

Profile Picture Gina, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kari is incredibly approachable and willing to answer all questions, even if they are silly ones. Kari is excellent at her job and has no problem putting people in their place to make sure the bride and groom are happy on their special day. She is also flexible with payment. Kari was willing to work with us on a payment plan up until our wedding day.

Profile Picture Shannon, 7/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Religious

Kari was amazing! We had an out of the area wedding and she was more than willing to meet us to scope out our venue! She offered amazing suggestions about the reception area and kept everything moving the day of the wedding. New brides, take my advice, get a wedding coordinator! The day of the wedding is crazy and things go wrong- have someone there that already has a solution in mind! Kari was fantastic!!

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Reception, Religious, Day-Of Coord.

Kari was an absolute BLESSING to have on board from start to finish for all things wedding-planning related! From day 1, Kari made us feel like we knew what we were doing, even when we thought we had no clue. She calmed our nerves, provided incredible insight, and never hesitated to answer our many questions. Kari was extremely responsive via email/phone and was always available during our planned times to chat...for however long it took. She has a vast amount of valuable experience and handles a LOT on her plate, more efficiently than I can handle just a couple of tasks. Honestly, I don't know how she does it! She really is wonder woman if you ask us. We were blown away once we had our month-out meeting with our caterer + venue. She took the reins and coordinated the entire process so smoothly. Going into it, we were a bit nervous that we weren't as prepared as necessary or that we would have lingering questions at the end - Kari made sure that wasn't possible. We left feeling 1000% comfortable that our day was going to be handled with ease. When it came time for wedding weekend, Kari rose the bar even HIGHER, which we didn't think was possible - she was on point from the rehearsal all the way until the last guest left our reception. She spent hours the day before the wedding hashing out the décor plan and the MANY small details that were really important to us. Being a perfectionist, I very rarely feel comfortable delegating details to others - but with Kari I had absolutely no reservations going into our wedding day. She has a special way of making the bride and groom (+ their families) feel at ease even during times of chaos. Any task, challenge, or conflict she is presented with...she gets it done - and gets it done WELL! We had numerous guests/family members approach us to offer praise for all that she did. Thanks to Kari, our wedding weekend far exceeded our expectations/vision and we were able to sit back and ENJOY every minute! We are truly truly thankful!

Profile Picture Joseph and Jul, 4/16/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Kari definitely made our wedding a complete success! She goes above and beyond with ensuring every detail of your big day is exactly how you envisioned it! Thanks to Kari stress was no issue for this bride on the big day!!

Profile Picture Marlena, 2/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Kari was our wedding planner for our 11/21/15 wedding @ the Williamsburg Winery. She was absolutely AMAZING! Kari and I met several months before the wedding and she was so helpful in the planning process. She offered several recommendations for vendors and loads of other tips to help make our day go smoothly. Kari was great about keeping in touch throughout the process to make sure everything was going okay and that we were on schedule.The day finally arrived and like most weddings, we hit a few snags. Kari handled everything and the day went off without a hitch! Our friends and family could not stop raving about how perfect our wedding was and how everything was so well organized and smooth. We definitely have Kari to thank for that :) I would highly recommend Kari for any wedding planning needs. Thank you Kari for making our day so wonderful :)

Profile Picture Kristin, 11/21/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Civil, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Kari and Two River Events will make all your plans (and dreams!) a reality. Imagine your worst case scenario... Now, consider it *handled*. Even better, you won't even know it happened. If you're wondering if this is an area of your wedding budget to cut corners in, you're wrong! Kari - thank you for making our wedding day such a fairytale.

Profile Picture RACHEL, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

I loved Kari's part in our recent wedding. I actually came across her services when visiting a wedding venue her mom works at in Virginia. Although I didn't choose that venue ultimately, I did take Kari's mom up on her recommendation to work with Kari for day of wedding coordination. She'd assisted with a James Madison University (JMU--my alma mater) friend's wedding and was assisting another JMU friend's wedding in May 2015. She's also a JMU Duke, making for a bond by that connection alone.

I live in Las Vegas and was planning a wedding in MD, but the distance was no thing at all when it came to our communication. We had several Skype dates, phone calls, and plenty of email/Facebook/Pinterest message exchanges along the way. I'd receive Pinterest pin suggestions the complemented my theme/color at random demonstrating her commitment to our wedding vision. Although I was very organized, Kari threw out questions/considerations I hadn't thought of. She was also always a wonderful sounding board with challenges with vendors or anything else re: the wedding.

All these conversations and gestures made me feel so optimistic the day would come to fruition almost if not exactly as we hoped for. The day ended up being almost what we hoped for thanks to Hurricane Joaquin. Our ceremony was supposed to be outdoors at Turf Valley Resort, but the cool temps and soggy ground from rain across the week meant we had to move inside. Kari helped keep me positive! The most stand out make it happen moment on our day was Kari's dedication to making a tricky first look happen. When the photographer and venue staff were saying not, she was figuring out how to make it happen---and it did. Our photo booth didn't have the attendant contracted for and she made sure that was going smoothly nonetheless, too. The timeline went well that day and we were happy to find our suitcases and all special items in our room with a sweet note from her at the end of the night. In sum, she's a winner!

Profile Picture Carrie, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews