Twisted Sister Salon Reviews

56 | Roxbury, NY

56 Reviews for Twisted Sister Salon

Caitlin · Married on 06/16/2018

Candace was amazing and did an incredible job on my hair for my wedding day. She also did my sisters and three of my friends which all looked amazing. We all couldn't have been happier with the results! Highly recommend Candace!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Anna · Married on 06/09/2018

Candace and Jit are AMAZING! Candace created the most beautiful design for my hair. Our wedding was a Victorian-inspired garden party theme and Candace made the most beautiful braid with a soft front twist for the perfect Victorian touch...and, of course, with flowers woven into the braid! It was PERFECT! Jit did my make-up and she struck the perfect balance of enhancing my natural features so that I felt like the most beautiful version of myself on my wedding day. Both ladies are so sweet, kind, and talented. I can't recommend them enough!!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Nicole · Married on 05/12/2018

Candace is amazing!! She did hair for me and all of my bridal party for my wedding this past month. Candace did a wonderful job styling my hair -- she perfectly created the look I had envisioned for myself and made me look and feel beautiful! I highly recommend hiring Candace for your wedding day.

Sent on 05/28/2018
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/05/2018

Candace was great to work with. She made us all beautiful for my daughter Ashley’s wedding on May 5, 2018. This was our second time working with her as she also did my other daughters Michelle wedding June 18, 2016. You will not be sorry if you choose to work with her. She is awesome!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Becca · Married on 10/14/2017

Candace was wonderful to have style my and my bridesmaid's hair on the wedding day! When I had a trial with her, she was super flexible and down for any style. She gave each of my bridesmaids a totally unique look and incorporated a hair wreath I'd brought into my updo perfectly. She also has a sweet, fun personality that was awesome to have in the getting ready room! She was great!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Martha · Married on 10/07/2017

Candace was AMAZING!! Not only is she so lovely and down to earth, she is terrific working with hair and made me look and feel like a movie star on my wedding day. My step daughters, cousin and best friend all have different types of hair and hairstyles and Candace knew exactly how to make each one look and feel beautiful. The day of my wedding was a special, magical time and was so grateful to be surrounded by talented, wonderful people like Candace who I would go to on a regular basis if only I lived closer to her salon. What more can I say - she IS the BEST!!! Thank you for helping make my special day perfect :) Martha O'Brasky Crawley

Sent on 11/02/2017

Kirstyn · Married on 09/30/2017

Candace was so wonderful! I absolutely adored how my hair turned out and it stayed the entire night! Candace listened to all of my ideas and worked her magic. She was lovely to talk to as well. I would highly recommend seeking her out for your own big day!

Sent on 10/08/2017
  • Delliott

Dan · Married on 09/23/2017

Candace is absolutely amazing!! She was so incredibly easy to work and had such a calming presence the day of the wedding! My hair was perfect and she creates the best braids. She even introduced me to my make-up artist for the wedding! Highly recommend working with her and hope to use her again in the future!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Anne Marie · Married on 09/09/2017

Candace is an absolute rock star! She was very easy to communicate with leading up to the wedding, confident in her abilities to replicate the photos I sent, and came to my wedding fully prepared and in great spirits. I wasn't 100% sure what I wanted to do on the day of, so we talked it through and she created a masterpiece that I got compliments on for days, and that I am still getting complimented on in photos a month later. She is super affordable, very sweet, flexible, and awesome at what she does. She even stuck around after doing my mom's hair and mine because some of my friends needed a little extra help with theirs. I couldn't recommend her more.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Joanna · Married on 09/02/2017

Candace is great at what she does and so easy to work with! During my hair trial she really listened to me and was totally receptive to my ideas. We tried several things before we settled on something I liked and then she was able to recreate that look on my wedding day, as well as do the hair of 6 of my other family members. Everyone was very happy with her work - I recommend her highly!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Brigid · Married on 08/26/2017

Candace is magical! I got married last weekend and Candace was by-far one of my favorite vendors to work with. From the trial to the the big day, she was not only incredibly helpful, patient and friendly, she made everyones hair look stunning! She works quickly but meticulously, and I got compliments on my hair all night. She listened to each of my bridesmaids and gave them gorgeous looks that lasted till the early morning. Jit's makeup was also a huge hit! I couldn't recommend anyone more then Candace and Jit- they really made our big day special.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Bonnie · Married on 08/26/2017

I was a beautiful bride. My groom did say "WOW".
    Candice is familiar and experienced with wedding jitters and indecisive brides. She has a claim and relaxing personality. She has a wide range of hair styling abilities.
    My hair, makeup, and dress looked perfect all together. Twisted Sister Salon put me together in an hour. There was no pre plan.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Kelsey · Married on 08/05/2017

Working with Candace was an absolute joy. Her calming presence, her confident style choices, and her ability to make every single person in her chair feel and look great makes her the exact type of person you want helping you on your wedding day. Our consultation back in March ensured that I was 100% confident on my wedding day, and I was even happier with the results day of. If you are getting married in the Catskills Candace should be your only choice for wedding day hair.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Chloe · Married on 07/22/2017

Candace has a true gift with hair. She did my hair for my wedding and I felt so elegant and beautiful! She is incredibly caring and flexible which I appreciated as I decided to change the style on short notice. She is very prompt and professional and I wouldn't have wanted any one else to be there on my special day. Thank you Candace!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Laura · Married on 07/15/2017

Candace came to our rental near Stone Tavern Farm in July to do mine and 8 other girls hair before my wedding. She did a fantastic job and was so sweet to boot. Everyone loved their hair! The added flowers from my florist were the perfect touch! Thanks Candace!

Laura

Sent on 09/04/2017

Alessandra · Married on 06/24/2017

Let me start by saying everything with Candace from start to finish was SPECTACULAR!
    The morning of my wedding the town had a power outage and Candace offered for us to all go to her house to get our hair and makeup done. The power went back on so we didn't need to, but that is just a little bit to show you how amazingly accommodating and thoughtful she is.

She did a fabulous job on our hair. She was gentle, listened to what we wanted and even had a little fun creating some new do's! I would recommend anyone in the catskill/upstate area to book with her.

Candace has a relaxed and very kind vibe about her which will calm any nervous bride or mother down!

5+ stars!!!
    Thank you Candace!

Sent on 08/22/2017
  • I

Ilya · Married on 06/17/2017

Candace is such a pleasure to work with! All my bridesmaids hair looked incredible, and i loved what she did with my hair. She is the go to person to get your hair done with in Roxbury.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Deanna · Married on 06/10/2017

Candace did three out of the five weddings I was in and did an amazing job! She recommended styles and they fit the weddings perfectly! She is also an absolute amazing person. Would highly recorded her.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Alicia · Married on 06/10/2017

Loved working with Candace. We went to her home salon and met in person to discuss what I wanted. She did four people including me, the bride. Everyone was happy with her work.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Evan · Married on 06/03/2017

I wish I could give Candace of Twisted Sister more than 5 stars but those are my limits on this site. Candace did an absolutely fantastic job with 9 heads of hair on our wedding day! She is extremely talented in making any style a reality. And really great with communication. Set up a call and schedule a hair trial. With so many different hair styles our wedding party and mothers wanted, she didn't skip a beat and provided exactly what everyone hoped for with their hair at our venue. Did I say 9 heads of hair? Yes, seriously, she did this with ease and perfection. We treated to our wedding party and mothers to having their hair done for our wedding day - it was a big hit. Also Candace is a sweetheart!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Brianna · Married on 06/03/2017

Candace did my hair for me for my rehearsal dinner and I absolutely loved the way it turned out! She came to the air bnb where I was staying and had my hair looking just the way I wanted in under a half hour --- it was super impressive. She is also super sweet and calming to have around, which I really appreciated having had a lot of nervous excitement about the wedding! I would definitely recommend Candace for hair styling for weddings or any other events :)

Sent on 06/08/2017

Danyelle · Married on 10/01/2016

Candace is amazing! She was so great, driving 2 hours away from Roxbury to accommodate my wedding! She did 8 girls very efficiently and touched us all up right before the ceremony! The hairdos were so cute and beautiful. They fit the country wedding theme and withstood the damp Dewey and super windy weather ! Super impressed with her!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Twisted Sister Salon's reply:

Thanks Danyelle! Your party was a pleasure to work with. It was.a REAL country wedding and that fit you perfectly!

allyson · Married on 09/24/2016

Candance was great. Willing to come to our house while we got ready even with a smaller group. She did an awesome job. Had everything she needed. Even gave suggestions with other services as we werent from the area. Def worth it!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Dahiana · Married on 09/24/2016

Candace did an amazing job!!! She gave me exactly what I wanted without me knowing what I wanted. As a bride, to be able to have people like her on your team was a truly great experience.

Sent on 10/15/2016
  • W

Wesley · Married on 09/04/2016

Candace was wonderful!
    All of the girls were super happy with their hairstyles and everyone looked beautiful.
    We had to add one additional person on the morning of and she was able to fit everyone in within our time constraints.
    Thank you, Candace!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Twisted Sister Salon's reply:

Thank you Wesley! You and your party was super easy to work with.