Twirl Boutique Lexington Reviews

73 | Lexington, KY

73 Reviews for Twirl Boutique Lexington

Emilee · Married on 05/12/2012

Ty was absolutely wonderful to work with in finding and ordering my wedding dress. Her shop is darling and so comfortable, and she really took the time to help understand my style and vision for my wedding day look. Even more, she helped me order the dress from afar, as I live in California. This saved me money and also helped make the dress purchase more special, as I grew up in Lexington, right down the street from Twirl. I highly recommend Twirl to any other brides-to-be looking for a boutique with great selection and where they'll get excellent service in a charming, comfortable setting.

Miranda · Married on 05/12/2012

Ty and her team at Twirl were so pleasant to work with. Her shop is adorable, the perfect setting for you and your maids to select the perfect dresses. She carries several different brands, allowing you plenty of options for both style and price without being overwhelmed. I loved the boutique experience she provided, personalized service you could never receive at one of those warehouse bridal stores. She made it easy for my maids by sending reminder emails. I would highly recommend making Twirl your first stop in your quest to find the perfect maids dresses!

Sent on 07/22/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 05/12/2012

Ty's staff was wonderful, pleasant and patient.

Sent on 07/25/2012

Jillian · Married on 03/31/2012

Twirl was such a pleasure to work with in the months leading up to our wedding. Everyone was always so kind and welcoming when we visited the store and they were more than willing to do all they could to help us choose just the right dresses for my bridesmaids. They were very reliable in ordering and distributing dresses to all TEN of my bridesmaids! Thanks so much Twirl for everything!

Angela · Married on 09/10/2011

Ty at Twirl was fabulous in helping me find the perfect bridesmaid dresses. We found one in the perfect shade of pink that fit all of my bridesmaids. Her dresses in the store are always changing, and she is great not just for bridesmaid dresses, but also for mother's dresses or a reception dress!

Sent on 01/01/2012

Lena · Married on 08/27/2011

Ty and the girls at Twirl Lexington are amazing. When I got married 2 years ago, Ty not only helped me pick out styles but a color pallet as well, even my mom bought her dress from twirl! A year later, 2 of my girlfriends were getting married and I was so excited to get not one but TWO twirl dresses of my own!! The quality of the dresses are second to none and offered at a very reasonable price. I'm so thankful I had Twirl as an option for my wedding, they are by far the best in town for service and selection!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Katie · Married on 05/28/2011

I ordered my bridesmaid dresses and rehearsal dinner dress from Twirl. The service was WONDERFUL!! I have a large bridal party, and Twirl even offered to take care of all the emailing and coordinating with my girls to relieve some stress from me. The dresses are gorgeous, and I havent seen anything like them at other bridal stores. I recommend Twirl to every bride-to-be i meet.

Sent on 05/31/2011

Jodi · Married on 03/20/2010

I visited Twirl Lexington with a group of girlfriends prior to my wedding this spring, in a search for the perfect bridesmaid dresses! I could not have been more thrilled with the large selection of unique and stylish dresses. Ty and the Twirl staff were more than accommodating, and provided exceptional customer service. My entire bridal party could not stop commenting on how our visit to Twirl felt more like a spa day than a dress search! Ty offered many suggestions to me, and helped me feel confident with my final selections, without adding any pressure. In addition to the superb customer service, the boutique is amazing. It is extremely warm and inviting, and I will definitely recommend Twirl Lexington to all future brides that I know!

Sent on 04/06/2010

Nancy · Married on 06/27/2009

Twirl Lexington provides a delightful shopping experience. They have professional staff to assist you as you browse dresses and provide helpful feedback as you select a dress. I have been a bridemaid so many times, I lost track... The recent two bridesmaid dresses I purchased at Twirl are definitely both unique and flattering bridesmaid dresses! I liked the two bridesmaid dresses so much that I purchased a third dress for a special event. Definitely go and visit Twirl! You will love it!

Sent on 04/06/2010

Deanna · Married on 05/31/2008

I have purchased a bridesmaid dress from Twirl, so far it has been a wonderful experience. Twirl had lots of selections to choose from as well as the owner was very personable and a HUGE help.

Sent on 04/07/2010
  • User4195062 · 2+ years ago

The ladies of Twirl were fantastic to work with - professional, friendly, knowledgeable. The boutique is in an older two-story house - and it is so cute and relaxing. I am an older bride and they made me feel right at home and were very patient and encouraging in helping me find the PERFECT dress! I did not feel rushed at all. In fact, the whole experience was so great that my bridesmaids' and I went back the very next day to look for their dresses - which we found! Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Sent on 10/11/2014

Allie · Married on 12/31/2013

The ladies at Twirl make shopping for your wedding dress a unique and wonderful experience. They are extremely patient while you try on all the dresses and they LISTEN to what kind of styles that you would like to try on! They were never pushy and made us feel at home in their store! This is what buying a wedding dress should feel like!

Sent on 02/12/2014

Kimberly · Married on 08/31/2014

I would definitely recommend Twirl to any bride in the Lexington area. My appointment there was very personal and I was treated to one-on-one attention by one of the Twirl employees throughout my one hour bridal appointment. I also appreciated the fact that my mother, sister, bridesmaids and I were the only people on the second floor, so I was trying on dresses for them without any other brides or their parties in the area. It was a wonderful experience. I did not end up purchasing a dress from Twirl, so I can't comment on their delivery or alterations services. My only slight critique is that there were very few dresses within my $1k budget (maybe 5 or so in the whole store), so I was trying on a lot of dresses above the budget.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Twirl is awesome and all of their dresses are high quality!

Sent on 01/25/2013

Carrie · Married on 05/12/2012

Very friendly and helpful staff, everyone made the process of getting eight bridesmaid dresses very easy. Not only was I provided free swatches, but I could also borrow actual sample dresses in the colors I was considering to pair with potential groomsmen suits for comparisons. The ordering process was so nice, we could place orders over the phone since some girls live out of town, and Twirl called every girl as soon as the dresses arrived. Highly recommend Twirl if you're looking for personalized service and a worry-free dress buying experience!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Bekah · Married on 05/26/2018

3.5

I had the best time trying on the dresses. When I was ready to pick my dress up they were closed and it had to be picked up that day because I was going for alterations, I went a little bridzezilla and tried contacting all the employees there and thankfully they were willing to come in on their day off and get my dress to me!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Jessi · Married on 05/05/2012

I came across Twirl after finding my perfect dress in a magazine, and discovering that Twirl was one of the only boutiques in Kentucky to carry this particular designer. I never even looked at dresses anywhere else, so I don't have another experience to compare them to, but the experience at Twirl is SO personal. You aren't just standing around in a crowd like some main-stream shops. You have your own private appointment, and Ty and her girls are there to give you all of their attention.
    I purchased my gown, my bridesmaids dresses,and some of the men's ties from Twirl. They arranged a little fitting party for my bridesmaids and I, complete with cupcakes and mimosas, which was so fun. The service was just perfect. Couldn't have been happier with my experience and my dress :)

Christa · Married on 09/21/2013

The service was great even though I wasn't spending thousands of dollars like most people who go in there. I found my perfect dress within the first day and was pleased with the way it turned out. My only concern is that I was "suggested" to buy the bigger size since taking a dress in is easier than taking a dress out. I had mentioned I was loosing weight but still ordered the larger size. With no exchanges or returns, when my dress came in 5 months later it was about 4 inches too big. By the time it was all said and done- my dress was taken in so much that the smaller size I tried on in the first place would've been a better fit. Other than that great place to buy wedding attire especially if you are trying to go for a more upscale feel :)

Sent on 10/15/2013
  • Alyssa

Alyssa W. · Getting married on 05/05/2021

3.0

Dreams Come True at Twirl

I went to this with only 1 picture of the dress I dreamed of when I was a little girl, and the very first dress Taylor brought out was almost exactly the same dress! I was so incredibly happy, she had me try on some other very lovely dresses just to make sure, but the second I put the dress on I could NOT STOP SMILING!
    I felt so beautiful and Taylor made me feel beautiful in everything I tried on. She took a real interest in me, not just as a client, but as a person. It was such a wonderful experience and I felt so great after the appointment, we even stuck around a little after and chatted. She was exactly the type of person I needed, especially with the fact I did not have the option of my bridal party being there.
    Any bride that can afford it, should defiantly go to Twirl. It's a wonderful experience.

Sent on 11/02/2019

I found the perfect dress here! The building is small with only one or two people working there at one time- so appointments are a must for everything.

Sent on 06/21/2015

Emily · Married on 06/12/2014

3.8
      3.5

I was excited to find Twirl, as they offered a lot of designers that aren't offered anywhere else in the area. However, the store was very small and cramped. We were running late for our appointment, as we were coming from out of town and traffic was bad. When we arrived, we were told we would have to hurry because there was another appointment. The space was too small to accommodate probably more than 2 bridal appointments at one time. It was frustrating to feel rushed when coming from out of town, but at the end of the day, my dress was beautiful and I would not have found it anywhere else.

Thanks Twirl!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Madison · Married on 07/01/2019

1.4
      0.5

I came into this appointment very excited and pleased to give Twirl a try. I had heard wonderful things about the store and knew many people who found their dress at the boutique. I had heard the owners would do anything to help you and make your experience a wonderful one. However, I was really not impressed with Twirl. The customer service was lacking and actually made me chose another store that had the same dress. On multiple occasions I asked if the dress came with embellishments and my associate kept saying "well if that happens to be your top two dress then I'll check on it." How was I suppose to know if it was my top two dress, if my questions were not being answered? My bridesmaid was holding the dress on me so that I could see what it looked like, because my associate was lacking in knowledge of how to pin the clips on the dress correctly. When I asked if I could see the dress in the other color the company offered the dress in, my associate put the wrong color under the dress and told me that it was the same color the company offered. The associate did not mention that it was not the same color I could receive the dress in, until I looked at the tag and saw it was a different color from a different company. I worked at The White Dress of Lexington for two years and know what it is like to be a wedding dress sales associate. I was someone who came in knowing what I wanted, knowing the language to speak, and knew exactly what I wanted and received the worst customer service possible. I was very disappointed in the service. I am excited that I chose somewhere better to buy my dress from (not because the dress was different, but because the customer service was).

Sent on 06/15/2018

Twirl Boutique Lexington's reply:

Madison,
    We are so heartbroken to receive these words & are so deeply sorry that you felt that you didn't receive the best service possible. Our heart is to serve and celebrate well every bride that walks through our door and we are so sorry that you didn't feel that way here. It sounds like there was some misunderstanding and therefore some miscommunication that happened between you and our staff that led to you feeling this way. We will certainly take your words as something to learn from and improve upon in the future. We're glad you found the dress of your dreams and wish you nothing but the best as you prepare for marriage and life as a wife.
    Kindly,
    Ty McBrayer - Owner of Twirl

Meagan · Married on 09/22/2018

1.0

While picking out my dress I had an amazing experience. They were very eager to help me find the perfect dress for my big day. However, once my dress & my bridesmaids dress came in, neither of them fit!
    Mine was 3 sizes too big! I get that people's weight fluctuates, but not 3 sizes. I know myself that my body has not changed. Whenever I took my dress to the seamstress here in my hometown, she said "Honey, did they even measure you?" I said "Sadly, yes they did." The EXACT words from the girl who was working the day that I picked my dress up were "You just need to eat some cheeseburgers, it will fit then." UHM, excuse me? What bride to be wants to hear, "You just need to eat some cheeseburgers to fit in your $2500 wedding dress?" NO BRIDE! I called Twirl yesterday & she told me that whenever they do the measurements that they have to base the entire dress by the biggest measurement, which was my hips. Okay, so my dress came in & is a size 10. I wear a 4 in everyday clothes. The kicker is though, IF they did my measurements "Based off of the biggest measurement"- my hips, wouldn't you think that my dress would have fit AT LEAST in my hip/butt area? Yes, you would. IT DID NOT! It was even way too big there!
    Next, my bridesmaid texts me & says "I tried on my dress & it is way too big in the breast area & will not zip in the back." Yeah, uhm, that makes ZERO sense. You would think that if a dress is way too big in the breast area that it would be big in the back as well. Hers wouldn't zip. That's like having a big chest & actually wearing a size small, but you need to get a medium because you are larger in the breast area. Whenever I spoke with the girl from Twirl on the phone yesterday, she even said that doesn't make sense. Bottom line is, they were WONDERFUL before I spent $2500. However, after they had gotten my money it seems like they could care less.

Sincerely,