Twiggs Bakery Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

1 User photo

Twiggs Bakery 1

Jenny · Married on 07/27/2012

The cakes were delicious, the guests raved, and they were lovely to deal with.

Sent on 08/01/2012
  • Tamica

Tamica · Married on 07/11/2009

Twiggs bakery is so wonderful. Right from the start they impressed us. The cake tasting was awesome. We got a free drink from the cafe and he sat down with us to discuss the cakes/falvors and what we were looking or then he left us alone to eat the cake samples. They were all sooooo delicious! And then when we met again to discuss the design of our cake he came up with some great ideas and we never heard "no, I can't do that!" everything was a "Yes, we can do that for you!" they are very nice people and they work with you every step of the way. Great tasting cakes (I recommend Miss Hazeltines!) at a great price.

Sent on 07/14/2009

Reisa · Married on 10/20/2007

It was very tasty! They were one of the vendors we could pick a cake from with Hornblower Weddings. It was included in our price with Hornblower.

Sent on 12/01/2007

Gloria · Married on 07/02/2016

We haven't had our wedding just yet, but they were very flexible with our schedule in regard to cake tasting and selecting the cake. The passion fruit cake we selected tastes beyond amazing and we are excited to see how our cake turns out!

Sent on 05/08/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/14/2015

Our wedding cake was DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL! I can't emphasize that enough. We were thrilled with the product we received and cannot wait to dig into our saved top tier for our first year anniversary (a few times the hubby has tried to sneak into the freezer to get some icing, tsk tsk!). It's just that good.

We ordered a two tier passion fruit cake and a white chocolate chiffon sheet cake for our 80 guests, and they seemed to like having a choice between the two. The cost was very reasonable. Super duper loved the consultation and cake tasting :)

Their baker worked with us by letting us know how our toppers would work on the cake (we had some unconventional requests but it seemed to turn out well) and let us know fervently that he'd been doing this for 10 years and knew it would all work out.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Keri · Married on 07/14/2007

The cake tasting was casual and friendly. They have numerous photos to look at to help you develop your cake design. Pick the one you like or choose elements from several or share your own unique design with them. They are willing to do anything you want. Cakes tast amazing! And the best part was they were honest and truly cared about us. They recomended geting a smaller traditional wedding cake for guests to see and then ordering an additional sheetcake to feed the rest of our large guest list. This was budget friendly and allowed us to have two flavors...chocolate for me in the sheetcake and strawbery for my husband in the traditional cake.

Sent on 05/08/2008

Leah · Married on 10/12/2019

Delicious!

Twiggs was great in meeting our needs! My husband and I had a small wedding and decided to have a cutting cake with two dozen cupcakes. We were pleased with the selection that Twiggs had to offer, as well as the price and their availability to deliver to our venue despite our small order (albeit we did pay for the delivery, which we thought was worth it.) We had a carrot cake as our cutting cake - it was incredible! We are both huge carrot cake lovers with high expectations. We also had white velvet cupcakes and Mexican hot chocolate cupcakes, which were also very good.

Sent on 10/28/2019

3.5

We custom designed our wedding cake with Twiggs a few months before the wedding and placed a deposit. About 3 weeks beforehand, I confirmed everything via e-mail, and then the next week had to re-confirm details over the phone twice. I also paid the balance over the phone. We had our cake delivered and it was spot-on to every last detail and request!! The buttercream frosting was so light you could eat it all day and not feel full. The cake was nice and moist and we will be keeping the top tier frozen for a future anniversary! Thank you so much!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Susanna · Married on 07/26/2014

Beautiful cake and great service. They were flexible and able to manage a time change and an outdoor venue.

Sent on 01/04/2015

Jenna · Married on 04/12/2014

They were always easy to communicate with through the process and had a lot of options on cake flavors.

Cake tasted good and showed up exactly as ordered.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Christine · Married on 03/04/2011

This bakery came recommended by my wedding coordinator. They had great service and spent much time with us to go over the cake flavors and even suggest some custom ways to make the cake suite our taste (literally!). I wish I could give them 5 stars but there must have been some kind of miscommunication, because the design of the cake was not exactly what I had asked for. I brought a picture to show an element of the cake pictured that I wanted on my cake, but they ended up just copying the picture and not reading the notes. However, the cake was still beautiful and tasted great!

Sent on 03/22/2011
  • Nhu-Chi

Nhu-Chi · Married on 05/28/2011

4.2

Great cake, pretty design and affordable. We were very pleased with our cake.

Sent on 12/13/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/10/2014

3.0

I must say, our cake was absolutely delicious. It was perfectly moist, tasty, and creamy. To this day, my guests talk about how amazing the cake tasted-more than the actual food! And our wedding was on May 10! I will also say, however, that the woman we worked with initially was not very professional or "happy" to go through all of the tastings and the decision-making process with us about which cake to to choose. From the moment we began, she acted annoyed by our questions, was not patient with our need to consider all the options on their menu, and just seemed as though she was too "above" her job to help us with cakes. Thankfully, the owner/manager of the bakery followed up with the rest of the planning process, but that first experience was very memorable

Sent on 01/10/2015

Kim · Married on 11/14/2008

3.5

The cake was delicious. They really listened to what I wanted and was completely satisfied. I would recommend their cakes for any wedding.

Sent on 12/01/2008

heather · Married on 01/15/2010

3.8
      3.5

We enjoyed our cake from Twiggs. It was beautiful and delicious! The only complaints were that they forgot we had paid during our consultation, so they called and asked us to pay again. We quickly got that straightened out though. Then during our wedding, we had expected two flavors of cake (one main cake and one sheet cake) but we only saw one. The cake was contracted through our venue (though we picked the bakery) so we aren't sure if they had to drop the extra flavor due to our final count or what. However, despite this, the display cake we got was exactly what we wanted and it was absolutely delicious!

Sent on 03/30/2010

Alice · Married on 08/23/2008

3.8
      3.5

I really enjoyed working with Twiggs Bakery. They let me have two different taste testing sessions, one with my brother, the other with my husband. They really work with you to get what you want. They are the best value for a cupcake wedding cake in San Diego! The only drawback was that I asked for pink cupcake papers, but I ended up with brown. A minor detail, but one that was important to me.

Sent on 09/10/2008

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2012

2.5
      2.5
      3.5

First of all I need to start out by saying the cake was delicious. I was a prior customer of the coffee shop and knew the quality of the baked goods. The flavor did not disappoint.

Now let's talk about the design. I met with one guy who was pretty nice. We talked over the design and I provided him with color samples and inspiration pictures. For the grooms cake I actually brought in the antique helmet we wanted duplicated. Leaving there I felt happy about my cake selection, especially with the very reasonable price tag.

I received an email with a drawing. It was close to what I wanted. So I made the note about the difference in design. Despite bringing the helmet to the consultation, I got a request for pictures. Ok, no biggy. I sent it over and that was that. The next thing I heard was the confirmation a week and a half before the wedding.

I confirmed that he received the pictures for the groom's cake, since I received no response email. He confirmed. The gentleman I talked to this time was a little abrupt. He asked me about flowers for the cake. I told him, as I told the first man during the design stage, that I wanted NO flowers on my cake. Paid my bill and that was that.

Flash forward to the day of my wedding. My planner walks me through the reception room and the first thing I see are flowers on my cake?!!! My planner confirms that my florist (who I also told no flowers) did not put them there or provide them. The folks who delivered the cake pulled flowers from other arrangements to put on top of the cake! Are you kidding me?! Remember that earlier note about the design being close but not exactly what I want....completely ignored. Remember how there were color samples, one of the three was not even close. My grooms cake? I was very disappointed. I gave them a brown aged looking helmet and I received a green dome.

Just thinking about the cake makes me mad all over again. Taste did not make up for how disappointed I was in the execution of my design. No flowers means no flowers!

*****Update - I received a nice apology email from Dan at Twiggs. He recognized what went wrong and did not that while they have fixed the glitches in their system it was too late for me. I did also have a fact wrong, the flowers on top of the cake came from a small decorative vase on the cake table. I appreciate the apology and gave them a few more points for that.*****

Sent on 06/27/2012