Twiggs Bakery Reviews

92 Reviews for Twiggs Bakery

1 User photo

Twiggs Bakery 1

Karina · Married on 05/26/2015

They made my vision a reality. Twiggs Bakery was able to make the cake of my dreams it was beautiful and delicious.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Shimona · Married on 04/11/2015

I just wanted a small cutting cake and Twiggs allowed me to get a simple two layer cake for 30 people. It was the smallest wedding-style cake (4 inch tall layers) I could get and the Mexican chocolate flavor is delicious. They also have a tray of cake tastings you can buy that I took home and shared with friends as we decided which one we liked. They were good to deal with and even noticed that my date was wrong in the order form! Which saved me bigtime!

Sent on 04/24/2015

Kelly · Married on 03/22/2015

The best cake and mini desserts at our wedding!! So happy we picked Twiggs- they were great through the entire process and they have great prices.

Sent on 03/24/2015

Melaina · Married on 02/28/2015

We originally wanted a 3 tier traditional cake but later changed to small 2 tier cake, mini cupcakes and mini fruit tarts. Our order was perfect, the cake looked beautiful, delivery was on time and they were very helpful when I requested changes to my order. Everything was DELICIOUS!!! My favorite is the Mexican chocolate cake! On top of all that, their prices are extremely reasonable compared to other bakeries and they have cake tasting appointments on weekends. I can't wait to go back to Twiggs every year for our anniversary :)

Sent on 03/05/2015

Catherine · Married on 02/13/2015

We had both our wedding cake (victorian wedding) and a special secret groom's cake (Mexican chocolate) made by Twiggs and they were fantastic! Everyone we dealt with was so great, fun and easy - this was definitely one of my favorite vendors! Special shout out to Mitch and Gail for being extra awesome and doing lots of hand-holding and keeping the groom's cake a secret up until the reception!!! You guys rock and your cakes are gorgeous and delicious!

Sent on 02/18/2015

Kev and Alex · Married on 02/07/2015

The cake was delicious! On time and beautiful!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Jen · Married on 11/22/2014

We are so happy with our choice to use Twiggs Bakery.

I was shocked all around at how expensive wedding cakes are (especially to feed over 150 people), but we found Twiggs to be reasonable in comparison to others.

We had a great time doing the tastings with Gail. There was no pressure to book, so we really enjoyed the experience. They have quite a variety of cakes to taste and they let you taste every one, free of charge.

We ended up going with a 4 tiered, square, passion fruit cake. It was delicious and the guests really enjoyed it. I wasn't there for the set-up, but when I walked into the reception, it was prettier than I had imagined, with the cake topper, design, ribbons, and the florals beautifully decorating it. Whoever set it up did a wonderful job.

One more thing I really liked about Twiggs, was the money-saving tips given to us. They did not try to upsell us. In fact, they suggested that we size down to a cake for 140/150 to feed our 170 guests, since not everyone will eat a piece and many guests will have left by then. They also suggested that we have it set out at a buffet table instead of delivering it to seats, because likely a lot of it will be left on tables wasted. Gail also suggested that we tell the site to cut the layers as needed and save the rest. They were definitely right. Even sizing down 20 guests, we ended up getting to take home our top layer and half of another layer. With the size of our wedding and the guests who left right after dinner, we would have been safe cutting it down by 40-50 guests. However, my family was very happy to enjoy the leftover cake the next day!

Sent on 12/06/2014

Amber · Married on 06/14/2014

Twiggs Bakery was 1/3 bakeries that I did a tasting at, and when I tasted their cake I was 99% sure I was going with them but I have one more tasting. I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the experienced guidance from the owners. It was very easy to work with them in person and via email. The quality and taste of the cake was amazing! I got tons of compliments on the cake. I went with a 3 tiered square cake with 2 flavors. The only thing I wish I had done different was pay the extra money for more sugar flowers or got a cake topper as plan B. I wanted flowers on the sides and as the topper and unfortunately I felt there wasn't enough flowers and it looked a little naked.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Carissa · Married on 05/18/2014

My husband and I tasted cakes from three vendors (not to mention the samples we tried at bridal shows) and Twiggs was far and away the BEST in flavor and price! We loved that at the tasting we were able to try all of Twiggs' cakes and icings. And not only did they offer a military discount, it was a GREAT discount! The staff is super friendly to boot. After tasting with them and pricing out our wedding cake, it was just impossible for any bakery to compete. We chose the passionfruit chiffon cake, which was light and airy and perfectly sweet but not-too-sweet. It reminded us of Maui, where we got engaged. Initially we were going to get a small two-tiered ruffle cake with an ombre effect. The price was amazingly affordable compared to what other bakeries charge for that style of cake. In the end, however, we changed to a simple three-tiered cake with a hand-drawn horizontal pleats AND added a round one-tier Chargers-themed groom's cake (Mexican chocolate cake with cinnamon buttercream)-- all for much less than the cost of a standard three-tiered cake from other bakeries! While the price is great, the taste is outstanding too, no sacrifice there. Our guests loved the cakes, and the Chargers cake looked great. We had quite a bit of leftovers, and the cakes froze (and re-froze, twice!) incredibly well and still tasted wonderful weeks after the wedding. Overall, we loved our experience with Twiggs and would definitely recommend them to other brides and grooms! I'm just sad we've moved across the country... Otherwise I'd certainly be ordering a mini version of our wedding cake for our one-year anniversary!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Emily · Married on 05/10/2014

The cake was beautiful and delicious. It was reasonably priced for a wedding cake. They were so helpful with the flavor choices and design. I've had many compliments on the cake from guests.

Sent on 05/17/2014

Michael · Married on 05/03/2014

The place doesn't look very fancy, but the cake was delicious and exactly what we asked for. They have a unique "tasting board" which allowed us to try every type of cake and frosting. Great customer service.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Laura · Married on 04/27/2014

Choosing the flavor of our cake was difficult because we enjoyed so many of their options. By far the most reasonably priced cake we found, and so yummy! We chose a very simple design and they did a wonderful job creating it.

Sent on 08/22/2014

Beautiful cake, delicious, easy to schedule delivery, cake tasting was free and delicious! Super nice staff.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Megan · Married on 04/05/2014

Twiggs Bakery made us a beautiful 3-tier wedding cake. Nima was a wonderful consultant and gave us many suggestions. We chose the white velvet cake with strawberry filling and buttercream frosting. They delivered the cake as scheduled to the venue and decorated it with pink roses and a cake topper. The cake was moist and delicious. Everyone loved it and the portions were larger than expected! Thanks Twiggs for an amazing wedding cake and we will definitely use you again.

Sent on 04/16/2014

Cora · Married on 03/29/2014

Would give 6 stars if we were allowed.

We selected Twiggs Bakery for a wedding cake tasting based on previous Yelp reviews, and they did not disappoint. They take the time to do a very thorough tasting ensuring you experience the range of wonderful cakes they have to offer.

We selected them to make our wedding cake and could not have been more pleased. Baking is an art form, and Twiggs is a true master of the craft. We did a beach theme, and the cake decorations of edible white chocolate shells and coral were gorgeous! For our cake flavors, we selected strawberries and cream for the main cake, key lime coconut and lemon poppyseed cakes as our side cakes. The flavors were dead on, and the cakes were light, airy, and moist.

Sent on 04/24/2014

Roxanne · Married on 11/02/2013

Beautiful presentation, the stand was elegant and eye catching. We ordered a topper (white chiffon cake with passion fruit custard in the middle) Amazing!! Then we had cup cakes. Half were German chocolate cupcakes and the other half were white chiffon cake with buttercream frosting. People are still talking about the cake and cupcakes. Holy Goodness!! God Bless these bakers, most amazing cakes I EVER had!! Thank you for make my day end perfectly.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Steve · Married on 11/02/2013

Our experience with Twiggs Bakery was great! The customer service and communication was top notch! Nima took excellent care of us, from the tasting to the wedding day! Every flavor of cake was fantastic and we had a hard time narrowing it down. Luckily, our cake design included cupcakes and we were able to use three different flavors. I could not recommend Twiggs Bakery highly enough, outstanding customer service and outstanding products!

Sent on 12/22/2013
  • Hillary and Jon

Hillary and Jon · Married on 10/19/2013

First off this bakery did an amazing job on the overall look of our wedding cakes, I couldn't be happier. We had six small cakes all designed in different animal themes for our Wedding at the Zoo. The cakes were not only beautiful but the most delicious cake I have ever had. Our guests raved about how good the cake was. I'm so glad I chose them!

Sent on 12/24/2013

Jessie · Married on 10/13/2013

Twiggs is a cool place and a great bakery! We ordered our wedding cake from here.

We actually booked them in fall 2012 for our October 2013 wedding, as we were moving out of state and our wedding was becoming a destination affair for us! We set up a cake tasting with Twiggs after researching independent reviews like these, and we are so happy we did.

I had originally been attracted to Twiggs because I saw that their flavor list included chiffon cake, but in the end we fell for their Mexican Chocolate and White Velvet cake during our tasting appointment. We booked the deposit on the spot, and didn’t venture anywhere else!

It was great working with them via e-mail and phone call; very easy to communicate what we were looking for in terms of style.

Fast forward to the wedding day, and our cake turned out beautifully! We had them reproduce three colors, one for each of our 3 tiers, in frosted flat buttercream. The colors were perfect. Twiggs delivered the cake on schedule, and set it up as requested. (We needed some extra time as we were having our florist add fresh flowers to the cake that meshed with our floral design. We also were using a rented stand from a different vendor.)

We highly recommend Twiggs’ wedding cakes to other brides, grooms and event planners!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Monica · Married on 10/05/2013

Twiggs did a great job with offering us different options outside of a traditional wedding cake. We picked "bon bons" and appreciated the casualness of letting our friends get up to get their own individual pieces. The owner was very nice, and sat and chatted with me about all the possibilities while I did a cake tasting. They also delivered the bon bons to our venue without any problems.

Sent on 11/01/2013
  • User3132024 · 2+ years ago

I had the most wonderful experience working with Twiggs for my wedding cake. We had a great time during the cake testing, they made us feel special (unlike other places where it was crowded and impersonal) and the cakes are all so delicious it made it hard to chose. They worked with me to get the perfect cake design and my wedding cake was delicious. All of our guests raved about the cake!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Makenzie · Married on 08/10/2013

We went to 3 cake vendors before choosing Twiggs, as well as researching several additional bakeries. Twiggs was the only one that met all of our requirements: 1. Professional, 2. Reasonably Priced, 3. Tasty. We tried the French Gourmet which had delicious cake - but the whole cake tasting experience was horrible, as well as expensive. We then had a tasting at Baby Cakes - they had great tasty cake, but our cake sales manager did not respond to our question and never followed up with our requests. Twiggs was a perfect match and absolutely delicious!.

Sent on 09/03/2013

My husband and I love Twiggs so much that we eat cake there every week, and I still managed to fit into my wedding dress. We had our favorite red velvet cake as our wedding cake and it looked spectacular! I brought in a picture of the design I wanted and Twiggs managed to match it really well. Cake tasting with Bernie was the best part of wedding planning for me. Make sure you go with an empty stomach for your appointment :) We're looking forward to eating the leftovers when we get back from our honeymoon :)

Sent on 08/05/2013

Esther · Married on 04/05/2013

Twiggs was truly awesome! The cake was phenomenal and everyone raved about it. Our tasting was wonderful and it was so lovely to be able to taste everything they had to offer (I think 20-25 cakes in all). We decided on the strawberries and creme for the 3-tier cake, as well as cupcakes in Miss Hazeltine with chocolate filling and Red Velvet with cream cheese filling. I also got a groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner in the shape of an Atari 7800 system. OMG it was INCREDIBLE!!!!! Seriously it could not have been more perfect. It came complete with controllers and a Donkey Kong cart. I would attach the picture if I could. :) The design was lovely and the Twiggs employees who delivered the cake had to battle with an uncooperative cake topper for what I'm told was about an hour (to no avail). But in the photos, it looked awesome (and I had no idea). I could not have been happier with this vendor and would highly recommend them! The taste, service and responsiveness is really top notch. Thanks Twiggs!!

Sent on 04/23/2013
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 10/06/2012

We used Twiggs Bakery for our wedding cake and couldn't have been more pleased! The tasting was the best we had and honestly every flavor of cake was so good that we couldn't decide which 2 to pick! The cake turned out gorgeous and exactly how I pictured it! They even used our flowers to decorate it and it was so pretty!!! I would recommend Twiggs Bakery for anybody looking for a wedding cake!

Sent on 10/25/2012