59 Reviews for Twenty Mile House

Chairs (6)
Tables (6)
Barware (6)
Parking (6)
All Inclusive Packages (5)
In-House Catering (5)
Champagne Toast (1)
Open Bar (1)
Drapery (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

It was everything I hoped for and more! Rachel is awesome to work with. People keep telling us that our wedding was nicest wedding that they’ve ever been to and the Twenty Mile House is beautiful! I highly recommend the TMH

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Fantastic Venue. I highly recommend Twentymile House

Photo for Twenty Mile House Review - Bride and groom
Profile Picture Cindi, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Favors & Gifts, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My husband and I got married at Twenty Mile House 2 weeks ago on Thursday, August 9, 2018. To say it was the best day ever would be an understatement! This venue was hands down the best decision we made.

The venue is GORGEOUS (shout out to Jason the groundskeeper!), and has everything you could ever want in an outdoor venue!

We spent the planning process working with Rachel Mann - she is AMAZING! She answered all of our questions, any emails I sent, suggestions, she's just the best! TMH is so well organized, they provided access to all the planning documents on Dropbox which made it so easy.

The vendors are all great! So easy to work with - Here is who we selected:

Catering - Southern Accents - Kent & Adrienne are THE BEST! We used them for the rehearsal dinner, as well as the reception. We opted for the taco bar for the rehearsal and the ice cream sundae bar for dessert - it was fun and a hit!

Floral - Gray's Flowers - Sonia heard my vision and made it happen! We met at the wedding fair, and then communicated via email for the rest. She was so easy to work with and delivered what we envisioned and more!

Bakery - Quincy Cooking Cottage - Connie was perfection! We opted for a selection of desserts & a small cake for cutting/pictures! We added the s'mores bar which was a huge hit. They also catered breakfast the morning of the wedding which was a FABULOUS idea - made it so easy for everyone - one less thing to worry about!

DJ - Todd with Wildsmile Entertainment - This was probably the easiest part of it all! We filled out a music worksheet, honestly only put specific songs for special dances and ceremony mainly (maybe gave him 10-15 songs), and had him do the rest! He was awesome - he played music the crowd danced too and really just worked it!

The TMH Staff - AMAZING! Nova, Rachel, EVERYONE!

I've gotten feedback from many guests that this was THE BEST wedding they have ever been to! Thank you TMH!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Honestly, there are not enough words to adequately express how amazing our wedding was. We had a dream of what we wanted our wedding to be like and the wedding planner, Rachel and her staff went so above and beyond and created an even more magical dream than we could have imagined. Flowers were out of this world beautiful by Sonia Gray. Absolutely breathtaking! Every single guest continuously completed the venue, flowers and food. I have never seen so many happy people! Lastly, I couldn’t believe how organized the venue and all the employees were, so nice! We loved Jason our bartender too!! Thank you so much Twenty Mile!! Lots of Love, Lyndsay and Remy

Profile Picture Lyndsay, 7/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Twenty Mile House has an all-inclusive package that takes the stress out of wedding planning. My now-husband and I (married there last June 2018) have been in a long-distance relationship. He lives in Canada and I live in SF bay area in California. Surely, it’ll be hard for us to scout each vendor painstakingly and just hope they all work seamlessly together on our wedding day. And so we decided not to take that risk. We chose Twenty Mile House despite its distance (4-5 hour drive from SF) because it already includes the key vendors (caterer, florist, cake, DJ, coordinator, etc.) in its package, along with the privacy and seclusion we wanted. Our goal was to create a “retreat” ambiance amongst our guests. We were very happy at how our wedding day flowed and guests felt it was one of the most special weddings they have attended. :) Owners Karen and Kevin are very warm and friendly too! And thanks to Rachel Mann for her hard work in coordinating!

Photo for Twenty Mile House Review - Our beautiful ceremony. June 2018
Profile Picture Rachel, 6/28/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Going with TMH was the best decision my husband &I made. Rachel is the most professional, helpful, and organized wedding coordinator anyone could ask for. She guided us through the planning, helped fill in important details, gave fantastic advice, and was very responsive. She took care of countless small, yet meaningful details that made my husband and I feel well taken care of (for instance, bringing us appetizers during pictures to make sure we were eating). The wedding was PERFECT. Pangaea Cafe, led by chef Holly, was delicious. She was very flexible with tweaks we asked for (i.e. different topping options available depending on dietary restrictions), and accommodated the request for a popcorn machine and toppings bar! Everyone raved about the food afterward; the stuffed mushroom and homemade salad dressings are of special note! Dessert was supplied by Connie with Quincy Cooking Cottage. She personalized the German Chocolate 8” cake we selected in addition to a dessert assortment complete with chocolate mousse, mini apple tarts, and a cheesecake bar with toppings. Everything was delicious! More ravings from guests. The flowers from Sonia at Gray’s Flower Garden, were STUNNING. She NAILED the vision I was going for, including the most natural yet beautiful bouquet, appetizer/dessert table with moss, sprigs in napkins, and more. Todd with Lionsmile Entertainment was likewise fantastic. He played all the songs we’d requested on the playlist, mixed in some additional songs he knew would be good to get people to the dance floor, and even went out of his way to let us know how much he enjoyed some of the song selections. Lastly, the staff were all helpful, nice, professional, and efficient. The property is even more beautiful in person than the pictures show. We had a bit of a windier/cooler day, but the staff turned on heat lamps, started fires, and made sure guests were comfortable.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding on October 14th, 2017 was a dream. Rachel the coordinator is fantastic, knowledgeable and thinks through every second of your event. Planning a wedding can feel like a lot to handle at times, but trust me the Twenty Mile House's staff has you covered! Southern accents catering was fantastic and everyone is so nice! From start to finish the wedding planning process was a breeze. The venue itself is stunning with the beautiful brink house, charming forest setting and antique cabins. Worth every penny and more. Couldn't have asked for a better spot for such a special day. Thank you so much Kevin, Rachel, Twenty Mile House Staff and Southern Accents!

Profile Picture Allison , 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor

Twenty Mile House really made my wedding dreams come true and it was affordable! Rachel and Kevin were SO great, helpful and flexible! Everything was perfect, and I mean perfect! Rachel stepped in at any moment she was needed and went above and beyond for our day. I couldn't be more impressed or thankful for how smooth everything went. We didn't have to worry about a thing! the location is breath taking and the staff was so wonderful and nice. It was honestly a dream come true.

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

We loved our wedding here. Everything from our awesome wedding coordinator (Rachel), the caterer (Ken and Adrienne from Southern Accent), the DJ (DJ Lionsmile), the florist (Sonia from Gray’s Flowers), the décor they already have available, the twinkling lights, the trees the river, the ambiance was unforgettable, friendly, and just so warm and human. I was not a bride who had dreamed of her wedding since birth. I also was not overly excited about planning a wedding, but everything that had to do with the venue was easy to work with. They will do as much or as little as you want, and if you have a clear idea of what you want communicate that to them and they will make it work. The location is serene and beautiful; I felt calm and centered just being there, which was definitely a prerequisite I had for a wedding venue. I hope to get to go back every year for our anniversary, it is just such a peaceful place, and now for us a nostalgic place. Southern Accent made some delicious comfort food. We asked for things that were not on the menu (sliders on hawaiian rolls and goat cheese crostini) they assured me it was possible and when I tasted them they were delicious. We didn't run out of food and I only heard great things about it. For an extra $300 we had clay oven late night pizzas brought out to our guests which was a fun and welcomed surprise. We bought our own wine and Filipino beer. We paid for one bartender and had them make one signature cocktail. We never ran out of alcohol and from what we heard, they were not shy with the pours, and all our guests were happy with the beverages and service. Our music was great and the DJ played the majority of our requested songs and our ceremony songs as well. Sonia’s nursery (Gray’s Flower Garden) is beautiful visit it. These people are just really nice and down to earth; it was a pleasure working with them! And the venue is gorgeous, we have no regrets!

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Twenty Mile House team was wonderful. Rachel and Kevin were both super responsive and patient with my questions and needs. They reassured me and came up with alternatives when mother nature didn't want to cooperate. They were there whenever I needed something and made the planning process so simple. The venue is beautiful and the team was able to bring our dream wedding to life. We truly enjoyed our weekend at the Twenty Mile House and could not have asked for more.

Profile Picture Christine, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It will be hard to give Twenty Mile House the amount of praise that they are actually due. This was definitely a destination wedding venue for me, my husband and all of our guests, coming in from Chicago, Michigan & the Vegas area, so it was a pretty big undertaking - and still the best decision of our wedding planning. Working with the TMH staff was incredibly easy, efficient and clear, and never a pain. (I'm happy to say that we're big fans of Rachel and all her coordination during the planning process - glad we can call her our friend after all the work she put in!)
Coming from out of town, I definitely recommend going thru Twenty Mile House because of how much they know the local area, and you're ultimately going to save $$ by using their preferred vendors in catering, floral, DJ, cakes, etc. I can't imagine how much harder a wedding would have been finding all those vendors individually, and we still got plenty of options and customization for our dollars spent. Well worth it. Plus, the cabins on property were really convenient and comfortable for the wedding party & friends.
We're STILL getting comments on how our wedding was the best wedding our guests have ever been to, and for that I'm grateful for the TMH staff for putting it all together. Their planning docs made it all pretty easy to keep track of things, and Rachel was great in reminding me of things I may have forgotten, or recommendations based on things she had seen. I had lots of ideas (and PLENTY of Pinterest pins) that I kept sending her and all the vendors, and they never seemed annoyed with me. The end result was miles above anything Pinterest had shown me :)
You're probably reading this because you're on the hunt for a wedding that's in a beautiful outdoor location, but with the ability to glam it up with modern amenities and planning - and honestly, you should probably stop looking now. For the price, for the value here - there is no better spot to start your new life together than TMH.

Photos
Profile Picture Danielle, 7/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Uncovered Outdoor

Everything about our wedding weekend at the Twenty Mile House last month was perfect. We stayed three nights with friends and family and had our ceremony in the forest on a Saturday in June. It was absolutely magical. Rachel was an incredibly responsive and attuned wedding coordinator and thought through every detail for our special day. It was truly the best weekend of our lives and we couldn't imagine a better wedding anywhere else. Thank you to all of the hard working staff at TMH. You were fabulous!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married at the Twenty Mile House recently & were so impressed with the experience. We would not have changed one single detail of our wedding. Nothing went wrong & I really think that’s a true testament of their hard work & dedication to making the wedding experience nothing short of perfect. The wedding coordinator, Rachel Mann, is incredible. She was on top of every single little detail, always promptly got back to me, answered all my questions & was an integral part of our day. We could never thank her enough for everything she did for us. The rest of the staff was equally as wonderful. So much fun and so thoughtful (also Kelly who is such a doll). All of the vendors couldn't have done a better job. I mean that with so much sincerity. They made everything so easy for me & were so much fun to work with. I gave them little guidance & they somehow managed to make our wedding everything I could have ever dreamed of. Connie's desserts at Quincy Cooking Cottage were incredible. She took my pinterest board and re-created the most beautiful desserts & a great smore station. Kent & Adrienne's food (including late night pizza) was complimented by all and they were so sweet to deal with. And the food was delicious! And Sonia from Grays Flower Garden. My God did she deliver! I sent her one email & she managed to give me the most beautiful wedding. So talented and I'm so grateful she took creative control. DJ Todd kept us dancing all night long & got us all the Spanish music we asked for. It was so much fun! Overall, the venue is spectacular. Beautiful & well maintained. Everyone who takes part in the experience is amazing at what they do & they truly go out of their way to make sure you have everything you could want & more. They take all of the pressure off of wedding planning & make it so easy & flexible for couples and their families. I could never thank the Twenty Mile House enough for going above and beyond and making our day so special for us.

Profile Picture Ana, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

20 Mile House is a wonderful unique venue with wonderful staff and vendors that make planning a wedding easy and stress free.

Profile Picture User7443806, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have to say that the staff at Twenty Mile House made our day PERFECT. There were a few things that needed some last minute emergency fixes and they went above and beyond to make sure our day was the best day of our lives. And it was. I cannot recommend this venue enough. Everything went smoothly the day of the wedding, and as the Bride, I was not worried about a thing. Everyone can't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was and how great the food tasted! Everything was wonderful!

Thank you TMH and Staff for making our day so perfect!

Chelsea and Matt Woodard

Profile Picture User7256414, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Officiant, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

My husband and I were married here last July. We had a wonderful wedding day. The grounds are stunning and very secluded which we loved and created such a special experience for us and all our guests. We had our ceremony in the forest which we loved. It was very romantic and intimate. We can't say enough about the staff and vendors who were so helpful and friendly from the moment we showed up. Our day ran smoothly and just how we planned with our wedding coordinator. We didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was delicious from the caterer. We opted for a small cutting cake and extensive dessert which was all set up so beautifully. Twenty Mile House really was our dream wedding venue and many of our guests mentioned it was the best wedding they had been to. We couldn't have been happier with everything!.

Profile Picture Kate, 7/28/16, 1 Review

Trisha,

Just wanted to say thank you again for our son and new daughters wedding. Wow, what a weekend!! Trisha, you and your staff did a great job!!! The whole weekend, the rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception was a memory my wife and I will cherish forever.

Thank you for making this such a wonderful event,

Mark & Patty Wright

Profile Picture Mark, 7/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ

We had an incredible wedding day at the Twenty Mile House. We were so happy at how beautiful the grounds looked when we arrived. The staff were very welcoming and helped us however we needed in making sure the set-up and preparation for our wedding ran smooth. We held our ceremony in the forest location which provided a sense of intimacy with all of our guests and the trees provided a beautiful backdrop. The reception grounds looked really stunning and needed very little if any additional decorations to make a gorgeous backdrop for our reception. One of our favorite things was the lighting they have strung through out their grounds which in the evening creates such a romantic setting and looks very beautiful. We are so happy we decided to get married at the Twenty Mile House and are so grateful for Kevin and the staff for making it such a fun, amazing experience!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We got married at the Twenty Mile House in July of this year. We fell in love with the Twenty Mile House when we toured the venue over a year ago. The grounds and gardens are beautiful and provided the perfect setting for our outdoor wedding. In the evening they have the gardens and trees lit up with lovely lighting which creates such a nice ambience for the evening.

We were very happy with all the vendors included by the Twenty Mile House. The caterers were easy to work with and their food was delicious. They were happy to cater to whatever special requests we had.
Our wedding cake was amazing at creating the design we had envisioned for our cake. It also tasted great!
Sonia who did our flowers went out of her way on our wedding day to help to make sure everything was set up as we wanted.

Ashley the wedding coordinator helped make our day run as smoothly as possible. She was very organized and kept everything moving along as we had planned with her so we didn't have to worry about the details. She was also very friendly and easy to work with.We were very glad we had her!

Overall we would highly recommend the Twenty Mile House for anyone looking for an outdoor wedding in a beautiful setting. It is also the perfect backdrop if you are into vintage/elegant rustic them wedding.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

I could go on and on gushing over this beautiful venue and their incredible staff, but I'll keep it short and sweet. Twenty Mile House's property is beautiful and offers a variety of ceremony locations. We had ours in the "forest" which was a perfectly serene setting for my husband and I. Ashley was incredibly accommodating--just a few examples: 1. It was predicted to rain and Ashley checked the weather by each hour just to make sure they didn't need to execute our back up plan! She kept me informed and even though it did rain that morning, it was over before everything began. Her and Kevin also brought out heaters to keep our guests comfortable since the rain cooled everything down a bit! 2. We traveled from Detroit, MI to have our wedding here which meant that all of our friends and family had to travel across the country. My husband's mother's flight was delayed multiple times and we worried she wouldn't make it. Ashley called the airport and left messages for return calls in order to help us coordinate another flight for her!

I know I said I'd keep it short, but truly our wedding was a magical day and it wouldn't have been executed nearly as flawlessly without the help of Ashley and Kevin (and their staff!) Not only is the venue beautiful, but so are the people you'll work with. If you aren't sure where to book your wedding and are considering Northern California (or even if you haven't though of North. CA), please reach out and get more information from TMH.

Profile Picture Morgan, 5/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My husband and I changed all of our plans for a destination wedding at Twenty Mile House after our first interaction with Kevin (owner). We never saw more than pictures of the venue before arriving the day before our wedding day and we were not disappointed! The venue is gorgeous and offers a lot of options for the ceremony/pictures. The lodging was very well kept and spacious! The staff, especially Kevin and Ashley, were absolutely wonderful to work with throughout the entire process. I wish I could go on and on about how absolutely wonderful the entire experience was but truly, if you're considering this location for your wedding, I can promise you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Morgan, 5/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Twenty Mile House provided my husband and I with the wedding of our dreams at an amazing price! This venue gave us the stress-free experience of an all-inclusive wedding (imagine having your entire wedding planned in one weekend!), while still allowing us to customize our wedding to make it uniquely "us". For example, the girls had a group yoga session on the lawn the morning of our wedding, while the boys played in a wiffle ball tournament on the other end of the property- it was pretty awesome. Our caterers, Pangea, provided a delicious, locally grown and organic meal at our reception (no rubber chicken here). We liked Pangea so much we also had them cater our rehearsal dinner, and in return they threw in late night snacks and homemade scones for breakfast- these snacks really come in handy when you have all your friends staying on the property and drinking large volumes of alcohol : ) Gwen, the on-site coordinator was absolutely amazing and made the entire property look like something out of a fairytale- while incorporating all of the DIY decorations I had brought from home. I cannot tell you how many compliments we got (and continue to get) from our guests regarding the cake, cupcakes, dinner, staff, property, etc. Overall- I would recommend this venue to everyone and anyone who wants to have the weekend wedding of their dreams!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 5/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a beautiful great day! Everything went smoothly and all our guests raved about the facility and the day.

Profile Picture Cindy, 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Twenty Mile House exceeded our dreams and hopes. It is a beautiful setting, with super friendly and helpful staff and all at a good price. TMH is in our hearts forever!!!

Profile Picture User3842990, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning