51 Reviews for Twenty Mile House

Chairs (3)
Tables (3)
Barware (3)
Parking (3)
All Inclusive Packages (2)
Event Rentals (2)
Outside Alcohol (1)
Aisle Markers (1)
Drapery (1)
51 Twenty Mile House Reviews

This is a great place to get married. The laocation is beautiful and takes minamal decorations or non at all depending on what you want. Kevin is very flexible and works hard to make all the weddings so special. It was a dream coming true for me.

Profile Picture Molly, 8/12/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

This was the perfect location for my husband and I, we love the outdoors and the property at the Twenty Mile House was absolutely beautiful. Kevin was great to work with and made every wedding special.

Profile Picture Molly, 8/12/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Twenty Mile House helped to give my husband and I what was truly the perfect wedding for us. Booking our wedding with them was one of the best choices that we made when planning, and their all-inclusive services meant that we were able to easily plan our wedding from across the country. The house itself is incredibly beautiful - almost no decorations necessary - and the grounds were the perfect place to have our ceremony and celebrate at the reception. The Twenty Mile House's affiliated vendors were all terrific, and really helped to make our day easy and beautiful. Our families were thrilled with our venue choice, and we were all glad to be able to stay an extra day after the wedding to bask in the afterglow of it all, and enjoy some family time on the beautiful grounds. Truly, our wedding day couldn't have been better, and we are so grateful to the Twenty Mile House for all of their help and guidance through the process of planning our wedding, and for what they delivered in the end: the most perfect day.

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Twenty Mile House is the wedding venue you always dreamed of as a little girl (not exaggerating). The privacy and seclusion makes it seem like the world stands still just for your special day. It was so nice to have our immediate family onsite in the cabins and main house. Our wedding was smaller than most so we had the ceremony on the side of the house and then directly after did a photo of a group toast in the large grass area. The staff/vendors do their absolute best to make sure that your every want and desire is achieved while still making you feel special amongst the many brides that they see. The event planner Susie is fun to work with, honest (a plus) and makes sure all the bases are covered. They even had helpful worksheets to keep my thoughts organized and my vision clear. My family and friends could not stop saying what a great time they had. My husband and I were very thankful to have this important day in such a unique and beautiful location. Thanks Susie and Kevin!!

Profile Picture Kirsten, 7/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Twenty Mile House in July of 2012. Kevin and his team were exceptional. The location is absolutely incredible, and everyone is there to help. The price of the Sunday wedding was very reasonable. I could not have asked for more. I was able to have my dream wedding within a budget that worked for us. I can't thank the Twenty Mile House enough.

Profile Picture Rick, 7/24/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is an all inclusive wedding location set in the beautiful town of Quincy, CA. The property is next to the Feather River and is completely private and extremely tranquil. The Twenty Mile House provided excellent service and hospitality, I couldn't have picked a better wedding location. I encourage anyone to check this property out.

Profile Picture Mollie, 7/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I can't say enough about how AMAZING our wedding was!! everyone was so helpful, and all of our guests kept saying how much fun they had. I think people actually booed when the first shuttle was announced! They just didn't want to leave. The food from Pangaea was incredible, Sonia made the most beautiful flower arrangements (AND helped take care of last-minute things the day of that I just didn't have time to do), the cake by Traci was beautiful AND delicious, the DJ was super fun... everything was just perfect!!! Kevin and Suzi especially helped keep my stress level down to zero throughout the entire planning process, which was awesome.

An added bonus was that we rented out the venue starting thursday night for our saturday wedding, so our entire bridal party got to spend time together for a full weekend just enjoying the beautiful scenery, rather than seeing them for just the day of the wedding.

It was just... perfect, and i would absolutely recommend them to anyone having a wedding.

Profile Picture Allison, 6/23/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Extremely beautiful setting with wonderful people that made everything turn out great. I would recommend this venue to everyone for a wedding, simply beautiful

Profile Picture Brian, 6/9/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue provided the perfect location for our wedding. I could not have asked for anything different. The staff was absolutely wonderful and the grounds where perfect.

Profile Picture Kathy, 5/19/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wonderful experience working with the Twenty Mile House for our wedding. They were super easy to work with and the location couldn’t be any better. We had people tell us it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to and a lot of that had to do with the gorgeous natural setting and intimate ambience of the Twenty Mile House.

The vendors provide top notch services and products, too. The food was incredible – people told us it was hands down the best food they’ve had at a wedding. Everyone was really easy to work with and very accommodating of special requests. We highly recommend the Twenty Mile House for your special day!

Profile Picture Carrie, 9/4/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Looking back I believe I just simply stumbled upon this historic bed & breakfast...it's kind of a miracle that I found it the way that I did because I cannot image our wedding any other place.

The Twenty Mile House is a phenominal place, a true gem locked in time in all it's glory. This 1800's B&B was the foundation for our rustic vintage ideals. Our dreams truly came to fruition on the stoic property that is the Twenty Mile house.

TMH is located in the town of Cromberg, CA, just a short jaunt from it's neighboring town of Graeagle. There are many amazingly talented vendors in the area & I do suggest keeping it local if you chose to have your wedding here. For our event the ceremony, reception and lodging for some of our family and friends took place all at the TMH. Some may find the B&B's location to be inconvienient but it was exactly what we wanted... our guests to take a memorable journey to a simpler time and completely live the experience that weekend.

Kevin Gage & his wife Karen, owners and managers/officiant at the TMH were instrumental is providing us with refferals for our event. We were astonished by all of our vendors except one ( I beleive she let us down simply because all the others we're beyond expectation). Kevin offers all that you require for an event of almost any size. Our 40 something group was no stretch and the property was perfect for us.

There are 2 cabins that lodge about 4 guests each, a main house with 5 rooms that sleeps 14 comfortably - all furnished in classic antique splendor. Breakfast was provided for all of our guests staying on the property - amazing I might add, prepared by Kevin himself. My husband and I arrived on a Thursday early evening to prep for our family and departed Sunday morning - my only regret was that the weekend didn't linger longer.

We had originally planned to have an outdoor ceremony and reception, watching the weather for May 28th adamantly...all was set up when the weather changed suddenly and we were given rain which promptly turned to snow. Kevin amazingly flexible and assisted in changing the plan completely all at the last minute. The ceremony and reception could not have been more perfect, all things considered. Our ceremony was held in front of the living room fireplace in the main house - it was nothing we ever expected and everything we didn't know we wanted.

Thank you Kevin and the Twenty Mile House! The energy of that property is amazing, undeniable, we will be back to create new memories no doubt!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/28/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant, Wedding Planning

The Twenty Mile House is a charming and beautiful location. The staff are kind, friendly and very professional. Our oldest son just got married there and it was flawless! I would highly recommend this location. It was a perfect weekend!

Profile Picture Cathleen, 10/2/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Transportation

Thank you to Kevin and Karen! The Twenty Mile House was the perfect spot!! We were able to have a Beautiful day filled with so much happiness! The best part, Thanks to all the help, the wedding and ceremony ran smoothly with no problems! Thanks again to Kevin, who officiated the ceremony. I definitely have been putting your name out there to friends. I know one other person planning a wedding there now! the weekend package was perfect! Family friends and good food! I would not have changed anything for the world! We will definitely be planning on coming back out!
Thanks again, Krystal and Ray Yeoman!

Profile Picture krystal, 9/25/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Twenty Mile House is a great place for a wedding. It fit our style perfectly- beautiful grounds, casual atmosphere, and located in a great area. We would highly recommend it. Kevin and Karen were great to work with, very easy going and very attentive. They provided a lot of good information about local vendors, making it pretty easy to plan the event. All our friends and family felt very welcome. We look forward to going back!

Profile Picture Beth, 9/11/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Twenty Mile House is a beautiful place to be married. Kevin and Karen are incredibly friendly, helpful and flexible. The location is private and the grounds are gorgeous. No need to worry about decorations and lots of flowers- it already has it all. This is the perfect venue if you want natural beauty, helpful staff at a reasonable price. My husband and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Thanks Kevin & Karen.

Profile Picture Erin, 8/7/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This wedding venue was amazing. The owners are amazingly helpful in every aspect. They grounds are beautiful and the setting for pictures was awesome. The area has so much to do--floating the river, biking, golfing, and hiking--just to name a few. It is honestly a great value. I was the bride and with all the help The Twenty Mile House gave me I was completely stress-free. I highly recommend the breakfast, it is delicious. Get married here, you will not regret it!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/31/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had a beautiful wedding for 125 people at Twenty Mile House and almost all of our guests said they had never been to such a gorgeous site and fabulous reception. We rented a huge tent and put round tables under it and had a bar set up halfway down the path. We brought in an orchestra for dinner and then had a DJ for dancing after. Everything was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. Kevin and Karen are great to work with and know the area inside and out. They were invaluable in helping us find hotels for our guests and they had solutions and answers for everything. I cannot recommend them enough.
-Kim Carpenter

Profile Picture Kim, 7/25/08, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Twenty Mile House is a gorgeous and special property with wonderful Sierra and Western character. The website pictures and videos only do it partial justice. The owner, Kevin, his staff, and all of the local vendors are phenomenal and NOT your typical rural / local quality, they are top notch. Renting out the whole property (including the Northfield) allows you to keep close friends or family on-site making the day-of very comfortable and easy. TMH's offering is all-inclusive, which means the vendors know the routine, saving you time and coordination. Local, sustainable food (Pangea was A+) and flower options, delicious cake, etc. Can't say enough about the community of vendors they've put together from Quincy, Graeagle, etc. Kevin and his staff run a family-feel, relaxed, no panic, but very professional operation. Expect them to go out of their way and surprise with the little details and character. If you and your family need to micromanage every little detail from afar, they are capable of it, but may not be the best cultural fit for you. The wedding coordinator is a day-of coordinator, not a planner, so if you have needs beyond their consultation, be up front about them and don't wait until the last minute. They are very flexible but rely on you to speak up about your needs and what you want customized, otherwise they put on their standard and spectacular routine. Customize it as you like to add your own character. Our one big takeaway recommendation: consider renting the property for the day/night after your wedding (e.g. Sunday night for a Saturday wedding) to take full advantage of your time in the Lost Sierra, and soak in and relax on their grounds and by/in the river, and keep close friends and family around. It's a great day to bask and not have plans after all of the festivities. 100% recommend TMH, they threw us a great party, what a thrill!

Profile Picture Bert & Karen, 7/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I can easily say that one of the best decisions of our lives together was choosing to have our wedding at The Twenty Mile House. It was the perfect setting to capture such an important moment for us and our family. For almost a year I worked with Kevin and Suzi to plan our wedding, and each and every time they made us feel like we were a special priority. Everything was so well organized that even though I was working at a new job 10+ hours a day, I never felt nervous or anxious.

Kevin has done an excellent job selecting people and companies to work with. We are not from the area, but Kevin made it easy to select a caterer by hosting a tasting at TMH, and they were all so good we had a hard time choosing. The florist he works with is amazing and helped me put together gorgeous eco-friendly table settings, boutonnieres, and bouquets that I later planted in my garden. The D.J. he uses is really cool, knows his music, and also plays with a fun band that we hired for the beginning of our celebration to kick off the evening. Kevin also officiated our wedding and he did such a beautiful job that everyone thought he was a close family member.

I can't tell you how many parents came up to me and said "this is the best wedding we have ever been to" while guiltily looking over their shoulder to see if their married daughter or son could hear. Then moments later the same daughter or son would say the same thing! Most of our guests were introduced to Plumas County for the first time at our wedding and cannot wait to come back. My husband and I are going to have a difficult time trying to celebrate our anniversary by ourselves because everyone who went to our wedding wants to have a reunion at Twenty Mile House.

Thank you Kevin and Suzi!

-Hank and Robin Kearns, San Francisco

Profile Picture Robin, 6/30/12, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We absolutely loved getting married at Twenty Mile House! Rachel Mann, the site coordinator, went above and beyond to make the weekend so special!! She made it perfect!! We are so glad we chose Twenty Mile House and highly recommend it! They are organized, responsive and it took away much of the stress of planning knowing they had so many great services and vendors included with the package. You know the venue is special when the response from every outside vendor you interact with is genuine joy and excitement upon hearing you're getting married there! All the best in your search for a venue! We are so glad we chose them!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location

If you're having any doubts, go see this venue in person! It's absolutely gorgeous. We loved having the option to get married in the forest, on the beach, or on the historical site (we chose the forest). They were so accommodating with the weather and setting up tents and heaters since it rained on our wedding day. They made sure all of our requests were met, and made decisions when we couldn't. I had a bunch of personal touches and didn't know where to put them. They told me not to stress, and handled it. They made everything look perfect and like it was supposed to be there. It was such a relief not to worry about finding our own vendors since it's an all-inclusive venue. The best part was that they gave us options for the vendors, rather than leaving us with 'you get what you get'. Overall, if we had it to do over again, we'd definitely choose TMH again.

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Open Bar, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

The 20 Mile House truly made the wedding of our dreams come true. The setting is majestic, the staff is helpful, friendly, and easy to work with, the all inclusive process helps keep things easy, you can't beat the value, and we'd absolutely recommend this venue highly to everyone!

Profile Picture User4185794, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a great time at this great venue! Kevin and Suzi were easy to work with. We were happy with all the vendors on their preferred list.

Profile Picture Bob, 5/19/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

we had a wonderful expierence and guest were very happy with the menu food, dancing, and the outdoor atpomophere there. very friendly staff with ease to work with.

Profile Picture jon & cindy zuehlke, 10/12/13, 1 Review
2.7

First off, I want to say that we had the wedding of our dreams! The grounds of the TMH are a perfect place for a wedding weekend. The main house and general store are so charming and the natural beauty is stunning. It was so nice to have our close friends and family on site and nearby and to be able to hang out there from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. In addition to the wedding itself, we had our welcome dinner at the TMH, a campfire by the river both nights (highly recommended!), yoga on the dance floor Saturday morning, and a lovely family brunch Sunday.

The reason for the two-star downgrade is our experience with the owner. Kevin is way too laid-back in our opinion. Things were relatively uneventful, until it got closer to the wedding. He didn't return calls or emails, even in regards to a pre-wedding visit. He showed up 5 minutes before the Friday rehearsal. We then had to discuss the wedding day details during our welcome picnic when I would rather have been enjoying our guests. The invoice we had to settle the day of the wedding was $200 more than anticipated. There were extra charges for rentals and linens which were never disclosed earlier. Money was also kept from our deposit for a broken chair. A chair that was already broken when we got there according to several of our guests, which I even informed Kevin of! And this is not even everything...

But thankfully our disappointment in the owner didn't dampen our wedding celebration! Maybe things will get a little more professional after he's had his office assistant for a while (she was hired right before our wedding date). Get an itemized invoice PRIOR to your weekend! Check all furniture upon arriving. And, maybe get a day of coordinator (or weekend of?) to deal with him!

PS- All other vendors used in the area were AWESOME! Great flowers and food! Good communication, delivered what agreed upon, and no surprises with the costs!

Profile Picture Jodie, 7/9/11, 3 Reviews