Twenty Mile House Reviews

Twenty Mile House 4
Twenty Mile House 5
Twenty Mile House 6
Twenty Mile House 7

This was just a dream venue for my husband and I! All our family and friends were convinced it was the best wedding they had ever been to! We had a rehearsal dinner the evening before and a brunch the morning after, and Kevin and the Twenty Mile House staff made it so easy to coordinate everything and work with the vendors. All the vendors they recommended were small local businesses with a commitment to sustainability and quality, and we were very pleased by their performance. My friends and family loved having rooms at the Twenty Mile House to stay in, too. The property is just fabulous from every angle.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Amelia · Married on 07/15/2013

Words cannot do justice to the truly amazing experience that my partner and I had at The Twenty Mile House. My friends and family are still raving about our wedding. The venue alone is just magical and breathtaking. However, Callie and I were both deeply moved by the openness and flexibility of the staff. Kevin was thrilled to have us as the first legal same-sex marriage at the venue. His staff was so kind and met our unique ceremony layout and needs with ease. I would absolutely recommend The Twenty Mile House for any special occasion or for a quiet little get-away.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Samantha · Married on 07/13/2013

I had my wedding at The Twenty Mile House in July of 2013. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They fulfilled all of our requests. The food and lodging was incredible. My husband and I could not be happier with our wedding. The entire property was beautiful and everything went very smooth the day of. It was amazing.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Looking for the perfect venue? Stop looking and book Twenty Mile House!
    My husband and I booked sight unseen and haven't looked back since.

Things that were amazing:
    -Remote location that really brought our guests together
    -Ability for wedding party and close friends to stay on the property for the entire weekend - No driving!
    -Option to host rehearsal dinner on property (cutting down cost of going out to dinner and providing amazing atmosphere)
    -Option to hold ceremony by river, in forest, or in front of house on lawn
    -So many things included (rentals, set-up, break down, DJ, flowers, cake, catering, bartender...) making decisions and stress a lot less.

Little added bonuses:
    -Ability to have hair and makeup done on property (no worrying about timelines or driving)
    -Super short walk down to private river access - beautiful place for guests to wander off to and chat
    -Trains go by, like RIGHT by the location! Some may say this is a strange plus, but all our guests and my husband LOVED it and cheered when one went by
    -Fire pit area that was a popular break from the dance floor
    -Ability to bring your own alcohol. We brought home-brew, but besides this, the alcohol budget went WAY DOWN as we shopped around for deals on wine and liquor instead of having to pay per person per hour!
    -Full kitchens available for whipping up those in between meals (we had potluck style responsibilities for guests staying with us for the entire weekend which cut down costs for everyone and allowed for stress free breakfasts and snacks)

Things that topped the cake:
    -AMAZING day of staff that anticipated our needs and were so kind to all our guests!
    -Private yoga session on outdoor patio for friends and family the morning of the wedding (Emily from Trails Within was amazing)
    -Live band with square dancing caller for rehearsal dinner - really fun for breaking the ice!
    -Photography by Monique - amazing team to work with that brought a low-stress excitement to the ceremony

Sent on 07/22/2013

Sara · Married on 09/02/2012

The Twenty Mile House is a beautiful place to get married. From our ceremony in the woods, to the fabulous dinner in the most inviting and intimate back lawn/patio, to dancing under the stars- our wedding in the mountains was absolutely awesome. We cannot imagine a place that could more naturally provide an atmosphere of celebration, love, community, and fun- a perfect way to kick off our marriage. In addition to it being an unimaginably special setting, the ease of having high quality vendors already vetted and available to us was a major plus. The flowers, cakes, food and the people behind them really stood out. We also hired a band from Truckee, Forget the Roses, who were incredible and got everyone out on the dance floor for such a fun party. Finally, Kevin and Karen and their staff were very flexible, kind, helpful and willing to work hard to make our vision a reality. Countless guests said it was the best wedding they have been to, it certainly is true for us! We cannot thank the Twenty Mile House and their extended crew enough!

Sent on 10/20/2012

I can't say enough about Kevin and Suzi! They made everything so wonderful and made sure everything flowed and happened when it should! I was thrilled at how everything came together so smoothly and made for a stress free day! The grounds were beautiful and was everything we hoped it would be!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Molly · Married on 08/12/2012

This is a great place to get married. The laocation is beautiful and takes minamal decorations or non at all depending on what you want. Kevin is very flexible and works hard to make all the weddings so special. It was a dream coming true for me.

Sent on 09/30/2012

Molly · Married on 08/12/2012

This was the perfect location for my husband and I, we love the outdoors and the property at the Twenty Mile House was absolutely beautiful. Kevin was great to work with and made every wedding special.

Sent on 12/24/2013

Ashley · Married on 08/01/2012

The Twenty Mile House helped to give my husband and I what was truly the perfect wedding for us. Booking our wedding with them was one of the best choices that we made when planning, and their all-inclusive services meant that we were able to easily plan our wedding from across the country. The house itself is incredibly beautiful - almost no decorations necessary - and the grounds were the perfect place to have our ceremony and celebrate at the reception. The Twenty Mile House's affiliated vendors were all terrific, and really helped to make our day easy and beautiful. Our families were thrilled with our venue choice, and we were all glad to be able to stay an extra day after the wedding to bask in the afterglow of it all, and enjoy some family time on the beautiful grounds. Truly, our wedding day couldn't have been better, and we are so grateful to the Twenty Mile House for all of their help and guidance through the process of planning our wedding, and for what they delivered in the end: the most perfect day.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Kirsten · Married on 07/28/2012

The Twenty Mile House is the wedding venue you always dreamed of as a little girl (not exaggerating). The privacy and seclusion makes it seem like the world stands still just for your special day. It was so nice to have our immediate family onsite in the cabins and main house. Our wedding was smaller than most so we had the ceremony on the side of the house and then directly after did a photo of a group toast in the large grass area. The staff/vendors do their absolute best to make sure that your every want and desire is achieved while still making you feel special amongst the many brides that they see. The event planner Susie is fun to work with, honest (a plus) and makes sure all the bases are covered. They even had helpful worksheets to keep my thoughts organized and my vision clear. My family and friends could not stop saying what a great time they had. My husband and I were very thankful to have this important day in such a unique and beautiful location. Thanks Susie and Kevin!!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Rick · Married on 07/24/2012

We had our wedding at the Twenty Mile House in July of 2012. Kevin and his team were exceptional. The location is absolutely incredible, and everyone is there to help. The price of the Sunday wedding was very reasonable. I could not have asked for more. I was able to have my dream wedding within a budget that worked for us. I can't thank the Twenty Mile House enough.

Sent on 10/21/2012

Mollie · Married on 07/15/2012

This is an all inclusive wedding location set in the beautiful town of Quincy, CA. The property is next to the Feather River and is completely private and extremely tranquil. The Twenty Mile House provided excellent service and hospitality, I couldn't have picked a better wedding location. I encourage anyone to check this property out.

Sent on 08/18/2012

Allison · Married on 06/23/2012

I can't say enough about how AMAZING our wedding was!! everyone was so helpful, and all of our guests kept saying how much fun they had. I think people actually booed when the first shuttle was announced! They just didn't want to leave. The food from Pangaea was incredible, Sonia made the most beautiful flower arrangements (AND helped take care of last-minute things the day of that I just didn't have time to do), the cake by Traci was beautiful AND delicious, the DJ was super fun... everything was just perfect!!! Kevin and Suzi especially helped keep my stress level down to zero throughout the entire planning process, which was awesome.

An added bonus was that we rented out the venue starting thursday night for our saturday wedding, so our entire bridal party got to spend time together for a full weekend just enjoying the beautiful scenery, rather than seeing them for just the day of the wedding.

It was just... perfect, and i would absolutely recommend them to anyone having a wedding.

Sent on 07/01/2012

Brian · Married on 06/09/2012

Extremely beautiful setting with wonderful people that made everything turn out great. I would recommend this venue to everyone for a wedding, simply beautiful

Sent on 07/15/2012

Kathy · Married on 05/19/2012

This venue provided the perfect location for our wedding. I could not have asked for anything different. The staff was absolutely wonderful and the grounds where perfect.

Sent on 07/15/2012

Carrie · Married on 09/04/2011

We had a wonderful experience working with the Twenty Mile House for our wedding. They were super easy to work with and the location couldn’t be any better. We had people tell us it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to and a lot of that had to do with the gorgeous natural setting and intimate ambience of the Twenty Mile House.

The vendors provide top notch services and products, too. The food was incredible – people told us it was hands down the best food they’ve had at a wedding. Everyone was really easy to work with and very accommodating of special requests. We highly recommend the Twenty Mile House for your special day!

Sent on 04/06/2012
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/28/2011

Looking back I believe I just simply stumbled upon this historic bed & breakfast...it's kind of a miracle that I found it the way that I did because I cannot image our wedding any other place.

The Twenty Mile House is a phenominal place, a true gem locked in time in all it's glory. This 1800's B&B was the foundation for our rustic vintage ideals. Our dreams truly came to fruition on the stoic property that is the Twenty Mile house.

TMH is located in the town of Cromberg, CA, just a short jaunt from it's neighboring town of Graeagle. There are many amazingly talented vendors in the area & I do suggest keeping it local if you chose to have your wedding here. For our event the ceremony, reception and lodging for some of our family and friends took place all at the TMH. Some may find the B&B's location to be inconvienient but it was exactly what we wanted... our guests to take a memorable journey to a simpler time and completely live the experience that weekend.

Kevin Gage & his wife Karen, owners and managers/officiant at the TMH were instrumental is providing us with refferals for our event. We were astonished by all of our vendors except one ( I beleive she let us down simply because all the others we're beyond expectation). Kevin offers all that you require for an event of almost any size. Our 40 something group was no stretch and the property was perfect for us.

There are 2 cabins that lodge about 4 guests each, a main house with 5 rooms that sleeps 14 comfortably - all furnished in classic antique splendor. Breakfast was provided for all of our guests staying on the property - amazing I might add, prepared by Kevin himself. My husband and I arrived on a Thursday early evening to prep for our family and departed Sunday morning - my only regret was that the weekend didn't linger longer.

We had originally planned to have an outdoor ceremony and reception, watching the weather for May 28th adamantly...all was set up when the weather changed suddenly and we were given rain which promptly turned to snow. Kevin amazingly flexible and assisted in changing the plan completely all at the last minute. The ceremony and reception could not have been more perfect, all things considered. Our ceremony was held in front of the living room fireplace in the main house - it was nothing we ever expected and everything we didn't know we wanted.

Thank you Kevin and the Twenty Mile House! The energy of that property is amazing, undeniable, we will be back to create new memories no doubt!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Cathleen · Married on 10/02/2010

The Twenty Mile House is a charming and beautiful location. The staff are kind, friendly and very professional. Our oldest son just got married there and it was flawless! I would highly recommend this location. It was a perfect weekend!

Sent on 09/09/2012

krystal · Married on 09/25/2010

Thank you to Kevin and Karen! The Twenty Mile House was the perfect spot!! We were able to have a Beautiful day filled with so much happiness! The best part, Thanks to all the help, the wedding and ceremony ran smoothly with no problems! Thanks again to Kevin, who officiated the ceremony. I definitely have been putting your name out there to friends. I know one other person planning a wedding there now! the weekend package was perfect! Family friends and good food! I would not have changed anything for the world! We will definitely be planning on coming back out!
    Thanks again, Krystal and Ray Yeoman!

Sent on 03/19/2011

Beth · Married on 09/11/2010

The Twenty Mile House is a great place for a wedding. It fit our style perfectly- beautiful grounds, casual atmosphere, and located in a great area. We would highly recommend it. Kevin and Karen were great to work with, very easy going and very attentive. They provided a lot of good information about local vendors, making it pretty easy to plan the event. All our friends and family felt very welcome. We look forward to going back!

Sent on 03/12/2011

Erin · Married on 08/07/2010

The Twenty Mile House is a beautiful place to be married. Kevin and Karen are incredibly friendly, helpful and flexible. The location is private and the grounds are gorgeous. No need to worry about decorations and lots of flowers- it already has it all. This is the perfect venue if you want natural beauty, helpful staff at a reasonable price. My husband and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Thanks Kevin & Karen.

Sent on 04/01/2011

Lauren · Married on 07/31/2010

This wedding venue was amazing. The owners are amazingly helpful in every aspect. They grounds are beautiful and the setting for pictures was awesome. The area has so much to do--floating the river, biking, golfing, and hiking--just to name a few. It is honestly a great value. I was the bride and with all the help The Twenty Mile House gave me I was completely stress-free. I highly recommend the breakfast, it is delicious. Get married here, you will not regret it!!

Sent on 06/11/2011

Kim · Married on 07/25/2008

My husband and I had a beautiful wedding for 125 people at Twenty Mile House and almost all of our guests said they had never been to such a gorgeous site and fabulous reception. We rented a huge tent and put round tables under it and had a bar set up halfway down the path. We brought in an orchestra for dinner and then had a DJ for dancing after. Everything was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. Kevin and Karen are great to work with and know the area inside and out. They were invaluable in helping us find hotels for our guests and they had solutions and answers for everything. I cannot recommend them enough.
    -Kim Carpenter

Sent on 03/30/2011
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 08/02/2018

My husband and I hosted our wedding last week at the Twenty Mile House and it was truly incredible. Rachel and the entire TMH team were so helpful and attentive right from the beginning and the entire day was a dream. The venue itself is so breathtaking and on top of that, every single vendor we worked with was kind, helpful, and put together the most beautiful day we could've imagined. Our guests had an amazing time and we are SO happy we decided to go with Twenty Mile House.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Shari · Married on 07/21/2018

Our daughter Meghan was married at the TMH 7/21/18. We rented the property for the weekend.The rehearsal dinner to Saturday morning brunch to the wedding was absolutely magical. Rachel and the TMH staff went above beyond to care for us. I don’t think you can get better care than the TMH, if you were at a 5starr hotel they couldn’t matcH this. The TMH is under more pressure to make the wedding a success and they were perfect from Rachel coordinating,to staff ,the bartender Jason,to the catering vendors ,the flower vendors ,dj everything was perfect.Thank you TMH for making our daughter Meg and son in law Matt,wedding day magical.

Sent on 08/01/2018