Tweed Weddings Reviews

135 | Philadelphia, PA

135 Reviews for Tweed Weddings

Dan · Married on 08/24/2013

We absolutely LOVED working with Tweed & can't speak highly enough about the incredible service they provide! They are artists and they are the real deal. This isn't your average wedding video company with some cheesy, no-name, public domain music tinkering in the background. This is a wedding Movie, in Your movie style, about the biggest day of your life. And by the way, you can choose your soundtrack too (2-3 songs for the background of your 7-10 min. video). A coworker sent me her friend's video saying when she got married that she wanted to use Tweed. I took one look at the video and said WE want them! We met with Lou and Emily to talk through what was important to our day and our style - which was amazing that 2 people who are helping to make the company tick every day took the time to sit down and talk to us. Speaking of Emily, she's organized, responsive, so helpful, and just a plain joy to work with as she'll be the one helping you get the timeline and everything squared away. Another thing - a lot of wedding vendors are such a pain to remit payment to and still live in the Stone Age of paper checks. Tweed uses eSignatures and online payments which was SO much easier than all of our other wedding vendors. On the day of our wedding we had Max and Oxana as shooters, both of whom were so wonderful and talented. They were a happy addition to our wedding day guest list :) They captured all that was important to us and more and then Matt, the studio manager who led our video editing, did everything to piece together the perfect 7 minute video that we were pumped to share with friends and family. We shared the full length DVDs with each set of parents and they loved them. There are a lot of wedding videography companies out there who do good work but if you want a cool, authentic video that is truly unforgettable, then you NEED Tweed. Thanks Tweed Team! -Dan&Steph

Sent on 01/04/2014

Kellie · Married on 07/06/2013

HIRE THEM! Out of all of the Vendors that I hired, I must say that TWEED video was the best choice. They went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable with my decision to hire them and I love my video.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Sara · Married on 06/22/2013

Could not be more happy with the process, the day of professionalism, or the end product! Louis and his team are absolutely amazing, cannot say enough good things. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Crystal · Married on 05/24/2013

If there is any advice I can share with a bride on what items in a wedding to invest in, I would say your wedding video, your photos, and your honeymoon. My experience with Tweed Weddings was worth every penny! From the moment I first reached out to Louis he was responsive and professional. The shooters (Louis being one of them) arrived on time (dare I say early!). They were both professional and unobtrusive. It was amazing all of the moments they captured because you didn't even realize they were there. All of our family and friends were impressed with the quality of the video (it felt like we were watching a movie!) I love watching my video over and over and re-living that day. The thing that impressed me the most was the level that Tweed stand by their product and services. When we had a problem with one of the DVDs that we received, we heard back from Louis promptly and received 3 new DVDs in place of the one DVD within 2 business days! Talk about service! I highly recommend using Tweed Videography for your wedding.

Sent on 01/09/2014

David · Married on 04/13/2013

My wife and I had Lou personally shoot our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we made and some of the best money we spent. For you brides and grooms on the fence, you WILL regret not getting a videographer if you decide against it. So if you've decided to hire a videographer you might as well hire the best one in the tri-state area. I don't have to speak to their creative genius because it is evident in their numerous videos posted online. Take a look for yourself and then tell me there is someone better out there. I don't think you will be able to. What I find equally important though is the level of service provided by each vendor. Along with all the creative talent Tweed Weddings has, they are also very accessible and prompt with communication. We planned our wedding remotely from over 500 miles away so phone and email correspondence played a huge part in our planning. Lou was extremely flexible in meeting us when we were in town a couple times to plan. He and his team were also very quick with returning calls and answering emails. He is also very nice and layed back which helps on the day of. The associate he brought with him to shoot was also very talented and clearly on board with how Lou wanted things done. They have their act together for sure. Lou and his team were always around on the edges on the day of the wedding but you and your guests will never be interrupted nor will the celebration be interrupted with gaudy video camera lights and microphones, etc. If I wasn't cognizant of the fact that he was shooting video I would have just thought he was another guest. His shooting style is very discreet and unobtrusive (which is what you want) but he manages to capture some of the best moments of the night and be in all the right places at the right times.

I cannot speak personally about the associates because we did not work with them. But if you can get Lou to personally shoot your wedding you will absolutely not regret it.

Sent on 10/21/2013

mallory · Married on 04/06/2013

The team at Tweed was absolutely incredible! We barely knew they were there and yet they captured all of the magic of our day, and put it together in the most beautiful unique and artistic way. We had a wonderful trailer of highlights to send to friends and family. They were so accommodating and easy to work with. We even had the Tweed team make a honeymoon highlight trailer for us! They were great and I hope to have the chance to work with them again soon. I would recommend for anyone looking for great video that isn't generic...they're professional, creative and fun.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Caroline · Married on 03/23/2013

I had a Tweed Wedding video 'pinned' to my wedding dream board long before I was engaged! Quickly after my husband proposed, we called Tweed to book them for our March wedding. From our initial phone consultation, my husband and I felt that Lou was just as excited to shoot our wedding as we were to have him there!
    They showed up at our event prepared, on time, and ready to shoot. Lou and his assistants were completely professional, easy to work with, and polite. Best of all- they managed to get all of their footage without getting in the way. We barely noticed they were there (in a good way)! I believe this is largely due to the fact that they use smaller cameras than the typical wedding videographer.
    After our event, Oxana contacted us for our music requests. Soon thereafter, our video arrived!

We have received ENDLESS compliments on our video. Our friends and family were completely floored with the quality and editing of the entire video. I have even been told by a few people that they showed their video to their mom/friend/cousin, etc and the video brought them to tears. Our best friends are now using Tweed for their June 2014 wedding. You can see our gorgeous wedding under Caroline & Or, March 23, 2013.

Thank you to Lou and the ENTIRE team at Tweed- you truly exceeded our expectations. This 10 minute video is something we will treasure forever.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Alyse · Married on 03/23/2013

The people at Tweed are extremely talented and very professional. Our video is a piece of art, something I will cherish for years to come. They did an amazing job at capturing the feeling of our special day and now we will always have a way to go back to that day and feel that amazing feeling again. Thanks Tweed!!!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Lauren · Married on 02/02/2013

If you're looking for a videographer, stop your search and book Tweed! I had contacted Louis Sparre on the recommendation of my friend (and bridesmaid) who had used them for her wedding, and I'm so glad I did! As every bride knows, wedding planning can be extremely stressful and sometimes you just don't know who to hire. From the very first communication with Lou, I knew we'd found the right guy for the job. He was incredibly friendly (it felt like I'd known him for years), answered all my questions, and most importantly seemed genuinely excited about his job. He was always responsive to emails, ready to answer any questions/concerns, and the entire process was professional and efficient. And on the day of our wedding, Lou and Dave (the second shooter) were great to work with -- they're funny, friendly, calm and professional, and we didn't have to worry about them for a second.

We also couldn't be happier with the finished product. It's not a typical wedding video, it's art! I cried when I watched the mini music video, and if that's not a ringing endorsement I don't know what is!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Susan · Married on 11/17/2012

Tweed Weddings were AMAZING! Louis and staff were very attentive right up to the day of the wedding and after, as my husband and I eagerly anticipated the first viewing of our video.
    On the big day, the videographers were professional and friendly. They blended in nicely, without looking like "the guy with the camera." If I wanted them to capture something in the moment, they were very approachable and flexible- to move the camera where I wished.
    Picking the songs for the video were fun. Once I made my final decision I believe it took 60-90 days for tweed to produce the final video! It was such a treat to receive it in the mail after all the wedding excitement had ended. Watching it for the first time really brought back all of the wonderful feelings of our wedding day.
    Tweed gives you time to make any adjustments to the video. I recommend sticking with what they put together as they are professionals and essentially the artists capturing the day.
    We made a few minor edits, and we are extremely happy, however, if I was to do it all over again I'd leave it as is :) Tweed knows what they are doing :)
    After the music video, they DVD also includes the "raw footage" (anything not part of the music video. You'll have your day broken down into chapters. I loved it!
    People told me, "Oh you'll watch it on your anniversary." I guess they never saw a Tweed Weddings video! I've watched mine several times. Whenever I feel like revisiting the day. Some of my friends and family were not able to make it to the wedding, so I've shared it with them when they've come to visit. Truly, the video is an accurate representation of the feelings surrounding our day (joy, celebration, laughter, memorable, and love).
    I highly recommend having Tweed Weddings as your videographer! You will be so glad you did! I promise you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/17/2013

Julie · Married on 11/03/2012

Lou and Dave were fabulous! I hardly noticed them throughout the day, and yet, they were able to catch all of our best moments and compile them into an artful and amazing video that perfectly captured the essence of the day! Nearly 5 months later, I still find myself watching and enjoying it! It's a great memento! Lou and Emily were also extremely easy to correspond with throughout the planning process, and flexible and responsive to my requests along the way! I highly recommend Tweed Weddings to any bride-to-be.

Sent on 04/10/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/29/2012

One of my favorite keepsakes from the wedding is the video from Tweed. We didn't even know the videographers were there. They were super professional and the finished piece is amazing. Highly, highly recommend these guys!!

Sent on 03/21/2013
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 09/29/2012

Tweed weddings - cannot say enough AMAZING things about them! I emailed with Louis extensively, and he assigned Ryan and David to cover our wedding. Lou was extremely responsive, considerate, and accommodating for all of my many questions and concerns. On the day of the wedding, Ryan and David were there, virtually undetectable. Professional, and friendly, they shot footage of the entire day, without ever once being noticed. Some of the shots on our video I was shocked to see, because for the life of me, I don't know where they were hiding! Regardless, the quality of the video is brought me to tears! Tweed entirely captured the feeling of our wedding, and translated in into a beautiful short film. I probably will never admit out loud, the number of times I, or even my husband, has watched this video. Months after your wedding, pictures are nice, but nothing helps you recreate the feel of your day, like the video. I truly can't recommend Tweed enough. Thank you guys for such an amazing job!

Sent on 04/15/2013
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 09/08/2012

Louis Sparre and the entire Tweed Weddings team were absolutely amazing! His associates, Ryan and Pasha, did the videography for my NYC wedding. My husband and were are overwhelmed with joy by the end result: full, edited coverage of our day + a special "music video" capturing all of the highlights. They did a spectacular job bringing our special day to life. Additionally, they were a pleasure to work with...friendly, attentive, hardworking, and super talented. We will forever treasure the coverage we have of our day. Thank you, Tweed Weddings!

Sent on 04/06/2013

Marielle · Married on 09/02/2012

Tweed Weddings was absolutely amazing to work with in every sense. Leading up to the wedding they were so responsive and easy to plan with. During the wedding Louis was nice, easy going, and professional. People commented that they didn't even know we had a videographer because they didn't have a big video camera being shoved in their faces. And the best part of all is our amazing video! The edited full length version captures all the great moments of the day and is edited beautifully. But my favorite is the music video. It is absolutely beautiful and captures the essence of our entire wedding in just 9 minutes making it easy to watch and share with friends and family. I would hire Tweed Weddings again in a heart beat!

Sent on 04/12/2013

I can not say enough great things about Lou and his team at Tweed. The entire process, from the first contact to eventually watching all of our footage, was flawless. Lou made everyone in the bridal suite feel so comfortable, and the rest of the day we hardly knew he was there. We were amazed at the shots we saw in our film. So many of our friends and family have said they've never seen a wedding film like ours. We have watched our highlight video more times than we can count, and absolutely treasure the full length film. We were looking for something more special than an ordinary wedding video, and we were beyond happy with what we got.

• User3201074 · 2+ years ago

One of the best decisions we made with our wedding (and we were pretty happy with most of them!) was working with Tweed Weddings for our wedding video. Lou was incredibly fun, warm, responsive and answered all of our questions. He was also extraordinarily accommodating when we had some unexpected family news that affected our big day.

Ryan and Max shot our wedding. They were absolutely incredible all-stars and we couldn't be happier with the final product. They were able to capture so many incredible moments and yet were not at all invasive. They also worked incredibly hard. They arrived early and were out shooting before I even realized it, and got a ton of amazing shots! In addition to their talent, they're also both incredibly nice - people you'd want at your wedding anyway :)

All I can say is you are hiring incredible talent when you hire Tweed Weddings. The fact that they post all of their wedding videos is proof (and it's also very helpful when you're discussing what you like and don't like with Lou!).

And as a last note, I will say that we were initially hesitant to hire a videographer for our wedding. We weren't sure we needed video in addition to our wedding photos, but honestly we are so happy that we ended up adding in a videographer as well (and even happier that we went with Tweed!).

Sent on 04/16/2013

Madeline · Married on 07/14/2012

I am happy to write this review of Tweed Weddings, who we used for videography services for our July 2012 wedding in New York. First, I must say that I'm so happy we decided to get a videographer. The wedding expenses rose quickly and a video was not a necessity, but in the end, it was a great value and I think it will be one of our most treasured memories! Lou was wonderful behind the scenes - from being super helpful with information, prompt and understanding in answering all our questions, flexible with our millions of requests and a whiz in editing our video. We worked with Max and Ryan on the day. We had absolutely no qualms about working with associate videographers... we felt confident in them the whole time. Both were professional and skilled. They blended in well with our large wedding crew and most of the time we didn't realize they were there! But they obviously were there and totally attentive to all the little details that we did not have time or focus to attend to! We really enjoyed working with them and the end result video is wonderful. At this point, we watch the music video multiple times daily.. perhaps that will wean down a bit in the future :) But I know we will always be grateful to have this keepsake of our day.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Michelle · Married on 07/06/2012

We had the hardest time making a decision about whether or not we wanted a wedding videographer. My photographer recommended we check out Tweed. It took one sample video and we were SOLD! Their work absolutely speaks for themselves. The guys were prompt, professional, and unbelievably hard-working. David and Ryan worked for every amazing shot they got, but somehow, you would have never known they were there. They worked seamlessly with Annie and Kris (our photographers)!!! We were so excited about their work, we were showing some of our guests sample videos at my parents picnic the following day. We are SO SO excited to see what they put together from our incredible day. Lou was prompt, professional and on top of his game!!! What an awesome guy to work with!!!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Lou from Tweed was great! I had only dealt with him over email before meeting him at my wedding and he was as cool and easy to work with in person as he was when we communicated through email. He was calm and efficient all day during the wedding and that really helped keep me calm as well. I can't wait to see my video!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Tweed was all we hoped for and more. We dealt with Louis primarily and Oxana later in the process. They were very professional, kind and understanding and flexible to our requests. On top of all this they produced a wedding video that we are so proud to show. Everyone who sees it absolutely loves it and wants to see it again. GREAT JOB! Best vendor of our wedding!

Sent on 04/03/2013

Becca · Married on 06/22/2012

Tweed Weddings provided my husband and me with an exceptional documentation of our Wedding Day, which exceeded way beyond our expectations. We were blown away by Louis and Ryan’s talent, professionalism, and craftsmanship. The music video truly captured the essence of our wedding day that nothing else could, not even photos. Their team was an absolute pleasure to work with, making us feel at ease. I would recommend Tweed Weddings to couples that want a fresh, modern take on videography that they can treasure for a lifetime.

-Becca and Corey Asplundh

Kate · Married on 06/16/2012

From the beginning, I felt that Tweed videos stood out. I watched so many trailers of weddings and felt there was a quality about their videos that really stood out. The day of the wedding, the videographers faded into the background and you had no idea you were being filmed. The use quality HD cameras that don't require spot lights. We were lucky enough to have Louis Sparre as our videographer and his enthusiasm for our wedding was palpable.

So it all comes down to the finished product! And they deliver. My husband and I had fought over paying for a videographer; he thought it was a waste of money. (We opted for the 3 song edit of our wedding). After seeing the video he agrees it was the best well spent money! We will cherish the video forever. I would love to use them in the future for other memorable events.

Sent on 04/08/2013

We initially did not want videography for the wedding. But we decided to play it safe and hire a videographer for the wedding. We also decided that since we were going to do this, we would at least get something we would like and not be too embarrassed to show our friends and family. Along comes Tweed Wedding..

We went through their video-folio and loved everyone one of them. We spoke with Lou (owner and hands-down the best videographer there is) about his services. We wanted Louie to do our video (even with the additional cost), and he told us that he would be glad to do it but he also told us that he's not any better than any other videographer he has hired.

He was so sincere and honest, we believed him and booked another one of his videographers (and saved us some extra dough). Turns out that the week of the wedding, the videographer we initially signed up with could not do our wedding (i know.. i thought I was going to go crazy). But Louie called us and reassured us that he was going to be our videographer if we did not object.

We had an 18 hour wedding day. Louie was wonderful the entire day- upbeat, calm, went with the flow and such a wonderful person to have around.

My advice to brides: HIRE TWEED! go check out their video-folio and you will fall in love with them as we did.

Sent on 06/30/2012

Alex · Married on 05/05/2012

The people at Tweed Weddings are not just camera operators/video editors, they are artists and storytellers. They don't just give you "footage from your event" - their signature music-driven videos convey the emotions you felt from the minute you started to get ready with your wedding party, right up to the height of the dance party toward the end of your event. I've watched wedding videos before... 30 mins of church speeches, 30 mins of the parents of the couple shaking hands outside the church, 45 mins of cocktail hour coverage. Although Tweed Weddings will capture most of this stuff (and give you the raw footage of it), the final video that you share with friends and family will focus on the highlights of each stage of the day, and it's all beautifully shot and edited. Let's be honest, watching your in-laws shake hands outside of a church while people smoke cigarettes and talk about their jobs and kids, isn't going to spark any meaningful emotions. But watching a music-driven blend of the pre-party, your best friends, the vows, the dancing, the cake, the hugging, the high-fiving - all of your favorite moments from your big day... will put a HUGE smile on your face. The crew at Tweed is intelligent, respectful, punctual, and thus, a pleasure to work with. I wish all wedding vendors operated like Tweed Weddings! A+